Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99435 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 24, 2016
Baloguncred:
I'm use to depression when I'm broke or in an emotional situation or when my age mate achievement got to my mum of which I'm yet to make an impact.

Now, I'm even highly depressed due to past failed projects I never succeeded on.
I hope it's not your mum making you feel bad. There are parents who inflict psychological abuse on their children. You may need to make effort avoid such instances even if it means visiting less frequently. You don't need to be present to provide for her. Alternatively, tell her to stop doing it.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Baloguncred(m): 10:23am On Sep 24, 2016
Muafrika2:

I hope it's not your mum making you feel bad. There are parents who inflict psychological abuse on their children. You may need to make effort avoid such instances even if it means visiting less frequently. You don't need to be present to provide for her. Alternatively, tell her to stop doing it.
Thanks for the advice, tho she is a kind woman hoping for the best for her children. Thanks bro.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
mastermaestro:
Depression rate is on a sharp rise following the decline in outdoor activities in this part of the world. People stay glued to their phones all day nowadays. So many young people you see out there are just buying time. Forget about the fake smiles, most of them are worn out psychologically.

Please learn to say hello and ask people around you how they are doing. Engage them in brief warm chats. Indeed, in the midst of multitude, many are actually lonely.

Please reach out to as many young as you can in your immediate environment. smiley
Sir, all your post and others on this thread have inspired me. I had already given up hope with life cos of my predicament and I contemplated so many negative thought so as to leave this earth cos it seems I don't belong here. the person I first share my problems with advice me not to take my life yet but I should seek satanic means to live a fulfilled life even if it's for a short period before I die, that all death are the same, I gave it a thought and all my search for satanic solution online directed me to Nairaland then I created an account just to ask questions, but a Nairalander ( 4everGod ) which I believe is God sent came an gave me hope and assurance that all will be well soon, so that's the only reason am still alive today that I found this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 1:07am On Sep 29, 2016
Jeankrab:
Sir, all your post and others on this thread have inspired me. I had already given up hope with life cos of my predicament and I contemplated so many negative thought so as to leave this earth cos it seems I don't belong here. the person I first share my problems with advice me not to take my life yet but I should seek satanic means to live a fulfilled life even if it's for a short period before I die, that all death are the same, I gave it a thought and all my search for satanic solution online directed me to Nairaland then I created an account just to ask questions, but a Nairalander ( 4everGod ) which I believe is God sent came an gave me hope and assurance that all will be well soon, so that's the only reason am still alive today that I found this thread.

I am pleased that you have found faith and hope in positive living again. We are born to bring joy to our generation. There is no fast track to fulfillment. One has to work for it, although some may seem to work more than others. This is why we daily ask for grace so that our journey to fulfillment doesn't burn us out. Life is worth the efforts. With a wonderful romance with JESUS I have found no reasons to despair even when the tides sometimes seem frustrating. In GOD, life is a bundle of joy. Take up a role in church, you won't have any reason to quit this ice so early ever again! Have a great week! smiley
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ysalli: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
happy day my good people, hmmm, it was may 3rd last year, my birthday..., while I was going to work as usual, I had an accident that almost claim my life, infact I was put on wheel chair because I had my l1 l2 spine fracture..., I'm married with three children, and I was to do what dr call spine fusion with implant...., shortly after the operation which was successful, I caught my wife haven sex chart with another man..., even when I was still in pain hoping I could walk again..., to be continue...
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by fullofregrets: 5:48am On Oct 05, 2016
hello , am really depressed right now , it as if the world has come to an end in my side , I think of suicide everyday , I beg God to take my life , instead of what am passing through
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by iLifeplus: 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
fullofregrets:
hello , am really depressed right now , it as if the world has come to an end in my side , I think of suicide everyday , I beg God to take my life , instead of what am passing through

Please you're not alone in this, I'm here with you. Whatever you're going through, will soon be a thing of the past, trust me. I have sent you a PM, kindly do well to reply or you may drop your contact, I will call you. May God ease you task.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by WINNERMENTALITY: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2016
Mine started when am Young.. Very young....Was having a happy life before my father kept sending me to different families to stay.. I had so many abuse when I was young, was even locked in a police cell for 4 days when I was 13yrs old for what I know nothing about.. because many of them don't understand me at all. I attempted sucide in 2006 when I was 16yrs but it didn't work out.

Today am living in fantasy world. Can board a bus from mile 2 to Oshodi, I won't even know when I reach Oshodi, it takes the conductor to tell me to come down..
Some times I feel like going to the other side of life to see how it is and compare.

Since years now my phone and Laptop is my only friend and close relative... I cant even say no again to people cos I have no will of myself cos I believe am living a rented and fake life.

The only thing that keep me going is that I want to have money and change environment.. Maybe I will see more reason to be happy. But to be trapped here in this country is pushing me to suicide.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
Jeankrab:

I saw your pm notification, but I can't access my Nairaland email anymore. You can reach me through the email add on my signature.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by iLifeplus: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:
Mine started when am Young.. Very young....Was having a happy life before my father kept sending me to different families to stay.. I had so many abuse when I was young, was even locked in a police cell for 4 days when I was 13yrs old for what I know nothing about.. because many of them don't understand me at all. I attempted sucide in 2006 when I was 16yrs but it didn't work out.

Today am living in fantasy world. Can board a bus from mile 2 to Oshodi, I won't even know when I reach Oshodi, it takes the conductor to tell me to come down..
Some times I feel like going to the other side of life to see how it is and compare.

Since years now my phone and Laptop is my only friend and close relative... I cant even say no again to people cos I have no will of myself cos I believe am living a rented and fake life.

The only thing that keep me going is that I want to have money and change environment.. Maybe I will see more reason to be happy. But to be trapped here in this country is pushing me to suicide.

I understand how you feel sir. I have had my fair share of life problems too, but suicide is not an option no matter what. I will like to speak to you. I have sent you a PM.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by iLifeplus: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
fullofregrets I hope you're fine. My heart reaches out to you, and you're in my prayers. This is not the end, you will see reasons to smile again. I'm waiting for your reply.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by iLifeplus: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
I want to share in your suffering, I want to cry with you, I want to stand by you, listen to you and not Judge you no matter how terrible what you did. Please to you reading this and you need help PM me lets talk. You're not alone, never think you're. I'm here with you.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Dbluemoon: 7:35am On Oct 12, 2016
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Dbluemoon: 11:43am On Oct 13, 2016
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by iLifeplus: 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
Dbluemoon:
I use to think that this community created by Seun is a place where people meet, discuss, proffer solutions and help each other...but no, people over here just pretend to be helpers.
Whenever someone request for one form of help, they troop in to scrutinize the post, looking for loopholes. If one is found they will happily hijack the thread...
But
If it was a genuine request & after their inutile probe has been concluded without finding a loophole to hold onto, they scurry away.

So sad that I was about to deactivate my account here... but on a 2nd thought, I decided to leave it.

If despite all odds I was able to succeed in this, Nairaland will surely be the place I will offer my first tithe.
Shalom!

You're very correct. I experienced what you wrote up there. It wasn't easy as almost everyone Jumped into conclusion. But I had to take it as part of my formation as a person. The experience has made me not to believe a thing is wrong because everyone is saying it's. There are to many insane people here, Just a handful are sane.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Weirdberg1: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
smiley
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 15, 2016
I prefer to be a lone wolf, solitude is the best feeling ever, more privacy, no drama no worries and more happiness undecided
mastermaestro:

Resorting to reading books alone could actually drive you farther away from reality and deepen your depression. Too much reading detaches one away from everyday life. You would become a solitary figure. As for me, I am an avid reader. This nearly drove me into serious loneliness and separated me from real life activities with family and friends. But after I while I started fighting it by engaging in outdoor activities. I enjoy a lot of games outdoors. In fact once I hear the sound of football when I get home in the evening, I immediately go locate the place and join them in the game. grin This is how I stay happy and connected to people in my environment.

Outdoor recreational activity is the most effective cure to depression and loneliness. You would erroneously think that being in a love relationship would solve it. No it wouldn't. You should also learn to visit people. Discuss and spend good time with them. smiley Once in a while I go swimming just to break away from everyday routine. It refreshes my body, soul and mind. wink

Hanging onto your phone all day can damage you emotionally. You may no longer be able to cope with, manage properly and enjoy face to face rapport. That's why some people are always impatient; they want to go home, they want to be left alone for no real reasons.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by naylor(f): 7:09am On Oct 22, 2016
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by iLifeplus: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
naylor:
So frustrated with everything.

I'm willing to help you get through it. Do you mind talking about it with me?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mioranyan(m): 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
online counselling also works, you can visit www.dilemma.org.ng they offer free online counsellors, with lovely and friendly counsellors, its the first online counselling platform in NIgeria.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by salisuammy(f): 9:03am On Nov 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AlfaAce(m): 11:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
Mine has been hiding over the years but it started to set in last year when i graduated from secondary school,no more friends.My family sef na another story,To me,my mum and dad aint married,they just share the house.That really affected me and since my dad finds fault with almost anything (he has very good sides though).
This minute i'm talking to someone,next minute i just want to go home for no genuine reason and when i get home,bam! Back to books,films and my phone.
Sometimes i just conclude that life has no real purpose since even with everything,you'll still die.
I just manage to talk to friends who think everything's perfectly ok with me but deep down i don't feel any connection with them.The only person i'll say is my closest friend now is my bae,she loves me understands me perfectly but are we gonna last forever?.....May God deliver me,it's not every feeling that can be penned down and stroked into sentences.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by XBLadez: 6:17am On Nov 03, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I prefer to be a lone wolf, solitude is the best feeling ever, more privacy, no drama no worries and more happiness undecided

Lie. There's nothing like 'more happiness' in solitude. Stop passing negativity.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AlfaAce(m): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2016
ItsQuinn:
solitude sometimes becomes loneliness,don't you think so?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
Not really smiley
AlfaAce:

solitude sometimes becomes loneliness,don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
I'm just speaking my mind, if you don't like it, please ignore undecided
XBLadez:

Lie. There's nothing like 'more happiness' in solitude. Stop passing negativity.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Eotwilliam(m): 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
naylor:
So frustrated with everything.

I know how you feel
but you can still dance in the rain
despite your present condition you can still be happy , brace up and look ahead for a brighter tomorrow . if you don't mind you can talk to me. I have a shoulder you can lean on while i thrust the cares and worries on Christ

E.O.T William
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Eotwilliam(m): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
salisuammy:
cry cryDepressed about my unemployed status that i feel... when am alone

I know how you feel
don't give up, Keep trying
It shall turn to you for a testimony

E.O.T William

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Eotwilliam(m): 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
Are you confused , depressed or worried about any aspect of your life, be it career, relationship , marriage , finance etc
You can talk to me , while i share in your burden and give you reasons why you should be happy despite all you're going through.

Happiness comes from within not from our circumstances.

E.O.T William

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Nana's Baby Essentials : Baby Shop in Lagos. / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.