Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads (15728 Views)

5 Of The World’s Longest Trucks You Will Never See On Nigerian Roads / The Major Cause Of Tyre Burst Accidents In Nigeria ( Pictures Included ) / How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by gabriel212: 6:49am On May 05, 2016
Thanks for your post.
I checked mine it is 32psi at the front and 30psi at the back. When I had a flat tyre yesterday I instruct the guy please inflate 30psi m I confirmed before leaving
.inaddition I was asking a vulcaniser last two months (before I went to infinity to change my tyre) to show me how to read tyre expire date he gladly told me
Ahhh Bros tyre no dey expire na. N i took my time to explain him with utmost seriousness he said are you saying the truth!
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Trexnemesis(m): 6:50am On May 05, 2016
Hayjaycity:
I don't believe.... I travel with a vulcanizer pressure of 50 from Lagos to akure and nothing happened....

You've been lucky so far. Please take to correction. You will not die before your time. Amin
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by merigold(f): 6:50am On May 05, 2016
iamexcelblog:
O boy.. Nna nawa... This story on front page again?

Nd to think that each of the story tellers have no source which means that they are telling about personal experiences. But come to think of it again.... Why is it that each of them has a friend that lived in the US for sometime and has the same jeep and Siena?

They all met dsame friend.
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by lagosrd: 6:54am On May 05, 2016
DeRay98:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL VEHICLE USERS!

Good morning everyone. Many people have been wondering what could be the cause of the incessant tyre burst accidents on Nigerian roads. The major cause is that we put to much pressure in our tyres. How did I know?

I was preparing for a journey, I changed some of my tyres and I asked the vulcanizer that ' what is the recommended tyre pressure? ' He said 50. I said alright, he should inflate it to 50 all round.

When I got to where I was going, I was discussing with some ppl on the issue of the minister that died on the road due to a burst tyre and wonder what could have happened because nobody could imagine a minister would be travelling with expired tyres as many would think is the major cause of tyre burst.

A man ( lived in US for many years ) said that the major cause of tyre burst in Nigeria is that we put to much pressure in our tyres and that each car has recommended tyre size and pressure clearly written on it by the manufacturer. I was surprised and begged him to come and show me where it's written on my car. To my greatest surprise, it's by the drivers door which I enter everyday without noticing it. By the time we checked, the recommended pressure for my tyres is 32! and I just traveled with tyres on a pressure of 50! He took me round his compound and showed me that of the cars (which includes a jeep and a sienna) there, the highest was 32. some were even 29!

He further explained that tyres are made of rubber and expands at high temperature. So, when yu are travelling in the afternoon when the asphalt on the road is hot, the tyre will want to expand. If the pressure in the tyre is to much and wouldn't accommodate the expansion, a burst is likely to happen at that time.

Pls check the recommended tyre pressure for your vehicle and others you know.

As many as possible Nigerians needs to read this.
thanks

Kindly share this message.
adopted

May God bless you and ur struggle. May you move your ministry to your permanent site this year ijn. Amen "in mama kainkain voice" lol.
How I wish the whole road safety and V.I.O corps are just disbanded. They know close to nothing and they are parts of the many problems of this country. Stay on the road to create fear in peoples mind and constitutes public nuisance. The funniest of all is that they now take over traffic control job.look for expired drivers license and vehicle papers Hahahah and collect bribe with impunity. I think treads like this should be opened to teach them what they don't know... Yeye pple

Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 6:56am On May 05, 2016
stjsd:
God bless thanks a lot
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by yomalex(m): 6:57am On May 05, 2016
iamexcelblog:

Nd to think that each of the story tellers have no source which means that they are telling about personal experiences. But come to think of it again.... Why is it that each of them has a friend that lived in the US for sometime and has the same jeep and Siena?
they all copied post from Facebook https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10209096639482638&id=1518318478&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10206400156378920%3Atl_objid.10206400156378920%3Athid.1118545242%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1464764399%3A3127882271286377628&__tn__=C
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by banme1(m): 6:59am On May 05, 2016
Op Tomoro u will snap where the VIN is. Continue?

1 Like

Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by bayinq25(m): 7:04am On May 05, 2016
DeRay98:

Good morning everyone. Many people have been wondering what could be the cause of the incessant tyre burst accidents on Nigerian roads. The major cause is that we put to much pressure in our tyres. How did I know?

I was preparing for a journey, I changed some of my tyres and I asked the vulcanizer that ' what is the recommended tyre pressure? ' He said 50. I said alright, he should inflate it to 50 all round.

When I got to where I was going, I was discussing with some ppl on the issue of the minister that died on the road due to a burst tyre and wonder what could have happened because nobody could imagine a minister would be travelling with expired tyres as many would think is the major cause of tyre burst.

A man ( lived in US for many years ) said that the major cause of tyre burst in Nigeria is that we put to much pressure in our tyres and that each car has recommended tyre size and pressure clearly written on it by the manufacturer. I was surprised and begged him to come and show me where it's written on my car. To my greatest surprise, it's by the drivers door which I enter everyday without noticing it. By the time we checked, the recommended pressure for my tyres is 32! and I just traveled with tyres on a pressure of 50! He took me round his compound and showed me that of the cars (which includes a jeep and a sienna) there, the highest was 32. some were even 29!

He further explained that tyres are made of rubber and expands at high temperature. So, when yu are travelling in the afternoon when the asphalt on the road is hot, the tyre will want to expand. If the pressure in the tyre is to much and wouldn't accommodate the expansion, a burst is likely to happen at that time.

thanks

adopted
Thanks man,my vulcanizer argues a lot.So i'm changing him,my life matters a lot.

1 Like

Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by spookydee(m): 7:09am On May 05, 2016
when am driving within Lagos I keep my tyre pressures at 45 cos of the incessant rough road and bumps but when going interstate, between 35 and 40 is what I do..

but u are right with the perfect tyre pressure which is 32
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by spookydee(m): 7:09am On May 05, 2016
when am driving within Lagos I keep my tyre pressures at 45 cos of the incessant rough road and bumps but when going interstate, between 35 and 40 is what I do..

Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Abudu2000(m): 7:13am On May 05, 2016
I laf anyone who puts his gauge on 29,abi the whites that made toar u the cars were made for harsh road conditions or potholes,its just like using an iphone in nigeria and claiming the battery should not go less than 30%

1 Like

Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 7:16am On May 05, 2016
Charles's law

1 Like

Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by christopher123(m): 7:16am On May 05, 2016
DeRay98:

thanks

adopted

His correct .....I always make sure that the normal pressure is been pumped ..it's written by the side door of the car
But if you can't see it ..the secret is that always make sure that your front tyre isn't full so much because when the car is speeding the air becomes hot and it expands so the remain places will be filled by the hot air . but if you don't do this and pump the tyre full there will be not space for air expansion and the tyre can't handle the pressure it will burst

It's simple chemistry but it's unfortunate that people don't understand this basic principle ..and fauknizers ( hope spelt badly) isn't educated either not to talk of sciences

Bottom line people die because of knowledge

1 Like

Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 7:16am On May 05, 2016
I know u love snakes.cheesy
chrisifeanyi:
biko add snake there so it can make front page. Thanks a lot.

Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by christopher123(m): 7:18am On May 05, 2016
spookydee:

That's wrong .....the front tyre should be lesser depending on the body weight and engine size ...once your in motion the gas expands

It has nothing to do with bad road even a well pressured tyre will absorb shock easily than a very full one

Simple physics
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 7:19am On May 05, 2016
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by christopher123(m): 7:21am On May 05, 2016
gabriel212:
Thanks for your post.
I checked mine it is 32psi at the front and 30psi at the back. When I had a flat tyre yesterday I instruct the guy please inflate 30psi m I confirmed before leaving
.inaddition I was asking a vulcaniser last two months (before I went to infinity to change my tyre) to show me how to read tyre expire date he gladly told me
Ahhh Bros tyre no dey expire na. N i took my time to explain him with utmost seriousness he said are you saying the truth!

Nice one ....the front tyre should always be lesser
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Ade0001(m): 7:21am On May 05, 2016
Beyond the issue of tyre pressure, there are other key factors that we do overlook. Each tyre has a:

a. maximum recommended pressure (always indicated as max psi) on the tyre. The poster have done justice to this already.

b. temperature rating:

c. load rating:

d. speed rating:

e. traction rating:

It is important we familiarize ourselves with all these factors before buying a tyre. More details are available online.

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyreload.html

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyrspeed.html
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by val15: 7:22am On May 05, 2016
Good info
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Benbelor(m): 7:23am On May 05, 2016
Where do I find it on my old Gulf salon car?
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 7:25am On May 05, 2016
Most people use tokunbo tires which atimes deflate constantly, so vulcanizers also compensate for that by putting excess air. So the tire doesnt flatten too early.

Ever since i started using recommended tire pressures, i have never had an incident. I also make sure my tires are good and new when there's money because i like to drive fast. If you like driving fast, best at least ensure you have good new tires. An overinflated tire will easily burst in a bump, but an underinflated tire is like an half blown balloon and it will withstand most attempts to burst it.

An overinflated tire is usually bouncy like a balloon about to burst! And makes the car more unstable. Other things to do are alignment and balancing.

Inspect your tires for bumps and good treading. Make sure your tires are all equal and make sure you have a good spare.

Tell the vulcanizers the tbing you want. They are not there during accidents and are not educated. And tighten your bolts/ nuts securely
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Rexyl(m): 7:26am On May 05, 2016
DeRay98:

thanks

adopted

nice info. Hope many will have the awareness of this and save their lives as the new and good tyre can bust with abnormal pressure inside the tube.
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by hazyfm: 7:29am On May 05, 2016
iamexcelblog:

My friend leave this thread and go watch Po.rn
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by hazyfm: 7:32am On May 05, 2016
mu2sa2:
My advice to anyone who has a car is to get his/her own guage and be taking the measurement by himself/herself. The pen-like device roadside vulcanizers are using is dangerously inaccurate. My tyre guage was once given as 40 by a vulcanizer after helping to remove a nail on it, but when I got home I used my very accurate pump/air pressure metre to crosscheck and it read 55 psi. The maximum pressure as recommended on the tyre was 44. That was about 3 year's ago and since then i always keep the device in my boot. I check the guage of my tyres regularly in the morning and if I notice a drop I used the pump to top up. I only go to the vulcanizer's place if I have a puncture.

Please how much did you get that devise?
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by AlanSugar(m): 7:34am On May 05, 2016
Oh, woe unto leather seats! @op, why did you hide that badly torn off part of your seat? Anyways, shi!t haps. Back to topic, driver-side doors ain't the best bet to check recommended PSIs for your tyres, rather the tyres themselves. What if you changed the original tyres that the vehicle came with and replaced them with a more robust, better made with the finest of materials with extended pliability for tougher conditions, would the recommendations not alter?
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by pee777(m): 7:36am On May 05, 2016
Hayjaycity:
I don't believe.... I travel with a vulcanizer pressure of 50 from Lagos to akure and nothing happened....
The fact that nothing happened does not make it right, you are only one of the lucky ones, many have perished due to ignorance and inability to obey simple instructions.
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:41am On May 05, 2016
iamexcelblog:

They probably have the same friend and the same issue..... grin
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by evatee(m): 7:49am On May 05, 2016
Thanks for the info. Got to know about it in a bar close to my crib few days ago by some elderly men.
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by OKorowanta: 7:49am On May 05, 2016
Nice thread
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by vickydevoka(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2016
Hayjaycity:
wat is dis one saying. can't u read n believe. or try n do de research urself.# no be everybody way de fu*k without condom get Hiv
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Slide001(m): 8:15am On May 05, 2016
Nice Post. I know the recommended pressure for tyres are normally written on the tyres. Now, which should we rely on? The one wriiten on the tyre or the one written on the car?
Re: The Major cause Of The Incessant Tyre Burst Accidents On Nigerian Roads by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:19am On May 05, 2016
With all these tyre burst here and there....isn't it better one buys a TUBELESS TIRE. Atleast even when it gets puctured, it'll deflate very slowly unlike the ones with tube.
#i believe that's why tubeless tires were invented.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance / The Implications Of Buying A Vehicle With High Odometer Reading? / Free Internship Positions During The ASUU Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.