Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC (1222 Views)

How To Start An Online Store With No Money And Make Profit / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do Before You Start An Online Home Based Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC by Thirdwrist(m): 7:13pm On May 03, 2016
I want to start an advertising company self funded. But the challenge is that my funds aren't that much, I called CAC today and asked them how much it was to get a business name and they replied "N10,700" then I asked for opening a limited liability company and they said N70,000.

So what I want to know is if I can just register the business name and begin working and then register the limited liability company later. The advert business idea isn't new though an amazing one, if I open one with just a business name is it adviceble? Can I work with big companies with just a business name?
Please advise me.
I reside in Abuja. Thank you in advance.
Re: Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC by scampy(m): 7:25pm On May 03, 2016
Yes, you can but not advisable.
Re: Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC by Greenlandncom(m): 7:39am On May 04, 2016
Thirdwrist:
I want to start an advertising company self funded. But the challenge is that my funds aren't that much, I called CAC today and asked them how much it was to get a business name and they replied "N10,700" then I asked for opening a limited liability company and they said N70,000.

So what I want to know is if I can just register the business name and begin working and then register the limited liability company later. The advert business idea isn't new though an amazing one, if I open one with just a business name is it adviceble? Can I work with big companies with just a business name?
Please advise me.
I reside in Abuja. Thank you in advance.
Yes, you can.
Start with a business name and upgrade latter.
With a business name, you will have a corporate identity, a company bank account number and all that.
All the best.
Re: Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC by AnietieWilliams(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2016
You can start with a business name and upgrade later.
Re: Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC by DeConsultant: 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
According to the Federal Government drive to making the cost of doing business cheap in Nigeria, do you know that registering a business name, limited liability companies and other allied dealing with the Corporate Affairs Commission is now very easy & faster and can be done by the first directors, proprietors and trustees (promoters).
If you need assistance as regards the particulars of a proposed company, stamping of documents, pre-incorporation documentation, filing of incorporation documents, registration and incorporation, preliminary matters after incorporation (Company Seal, FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate Bank Opening) & Post incorporation (annual returns, changes in memorandum, removal or appointing directors, change of company name, increase in share capital).
We are also professionals in trademarks, patents, copyrights & special designs; NAFDAC registration, NIPC registration, NEPC registration and other government special registration, taxation (TCC, VAT & CIT returns) etc.
We have assisted over 200 hundred promoters, clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with our all inclusive corporate service. Contact us to enjoy our advantage.
You can contact us for more information and inquiries via call or Whatsapp on 08107804290.
Re: Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC by mekuilis(m): 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
DeConsultant:
According to the Federal Government drive to making the cost of doing business cheap in Nigeria, do you know that registering a business name, limited liability companies and other allied dealing with the Corporate Affairs Commission is now very easy & faster and can be done by the first directors, proprietors and trustees (promoters).
If you need assistance as regards the particulars of a proposed company, stamping of documents, pre-incorporation documentation, filing of incorporation documents, registration and incorporation, preliminary matters after incorporation (Company Seal, FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate Bank Opening) & Post incorporation (annual returns, changes in memorandum, removal or appointing directors, change of company name, increase in share capital).
We are also professionals in trademarks, patents, copyrights & special designs; NAFDAC registration, NIPC registration, NEPC registration and other government special registration, taxation (TCC, VAT & CIT returns) etc.
We have assisted over 200 hundred promoters, clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with our all inclusive corporate service. Contact us to enjoy our advantage.
Why not contact us via mail pendoknig@yahoo.com or call us on 08107804290 & 08026103452.

If you don't have an answer to give,take your advert elsewhere. You don't have to allow your desperation get the best of you.
Re: Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC by emmykk(m): 1:48am On Mar 12, 2017
1.Am into supply of agro products usually i ask for part payment before delivery, because my customer are in diffrent geographical area, but some of my customer defualt payment after travelling long distances to them,however when i ask for pay before delivery my customers have credibity problem towards me..they thought i will run with their money.
so i want to open let say "abcd agro Ltd"...what is the cost of opening a limited company.?

2.can just ordinary business name registration solve my problem trust problem and above and how much does it cost?
Re: Can I Start An Advert Company With Just A Business Name From CAC by DeConsultant: 3:55am On Mar 13, 2017
emmykk:
1.Am into supply of agro products usually i ask for part payment before delivery, because my customer are in diffrent geographical area, but some of my customer defualt payment after travelling long distances to them,however when i ask for pay before delivery my customers have credibity problem towards me..they thought i will run with their money.
so i want to open let say "abcd agro Ltd"...what is the cost of opening a limited company.?

2.can just ordinary business name registration solve my problem trust problem and above and how much does it cost?

That's a good step, it is highly professional for a business to transact with its corporate account. To your question, there is no corporate law stopping an Agro business from being registered as a business name or a limited liability company. It all depends on what you want, your vision for your business and the capital at hand.

If you just want a corporate account to collect your fees from your customers you can go for a business name, but if you foresee a business with posterity and want to diversify into the agro business deep and have a company with more objectives, i will advise you go for a limited liability company. It offers you more varieties of business objectives that you can go into, it is more legal and give a good corporate status, you can allot shares to interested parties based on their commitment to the company, you can maintain your control over the company with your shares as being more than 50 percent, you can upgrade to a PLC as the company grows and be a NSE (Nigerian Stock Exchange) quoted company who can sell its shares to the general public, so on and forth. Examples of already Agro companies are Jovana Farms Nigeria Limited, Livestock Feeds Plc etc.
However, i will like to say that registering whether as a business name or limited liability company will help give your company name a good image and safeguard your company name. Moreover, registering a limited company is not expensive.

Concerning the fees for both classes of company registration, it depends on the accredited agent billings or you can as well do it yourself but can be tedious and queried if any slight mistake is made. For inquiries on how to assist you better, You can contact us for more information and inquiries via call or Whatsapp on 08107804290.

(1) (Reply)

Glo Postpaid House / Training For Flooring (abuja) / Water Dispenser Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.