Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Think Nigerian Movies Have Terrible Subtitles? Bothered To Read The Credits - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Think Nigerian Movies Have Terrible Subtitles? Bothered To Read The Credits (836 Views)

It's Almost The End Of 2017, How Many Of These Movies Have You Seen?? / 15 Pictures That Prove Yoruba Movies Have No Chill At All / 15 Pictures That Prove Yoruba Movies Have No Chill At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Think Nigerian Movies Have Terrible Subtitles? Bothered To Read The Credits by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2016
So yesterday, my brother and I were watching an admittedly hilarious movie on Africa Magic Yoruba. Well, the movie ended but, for some reason, we didn’t change channels and left the credits rolling….. Only to spot this. I had to just press pause (Explora tins, I mean, hello?) and take a picture, while my brother burst into laughter.

Please what is a prostituois girl? A girl who isn’t a
prostitute but shows characteristics of prostitution? Did the girls see their names under the credits as prostitutes and have a fit and demand that the producers come up with a different title for them (trust me, it’s not beyond Nigerians to act that way). You know – Girls – “No, no, no, no oh! I’m not not a prostitute! Why will you put my name as prostitute?” Producer: “It’s just a movie na. It doesn’t mean you’re a prostitute in real life. It’s just for the credits.” Girls: “Ehn ehn, I don’t want, abeg abeg! Whether is credit or recharge card, my name must not be under prostitutes! See how somebody just wants to curse my future! Please, abeg abeg, if you won’t write something else there, remove my name!”

Either the above happened or someone killed English in a way it can’t recover like Superman.

And then Adebusoye Agines – is that her actual name or someone had problems spelling Agnes?

I’m tempted to believe English is the problem here.

And then cooker? For starters, there’s two of of them so how come they are not cookers? And more importantly, do they have super powers that they use in the kitchen to generate heat to cook food that instead of being called cooks, they are called cookers, you know, like electric or gas cookers? Maybe if I had waited to for the credits to roll further, I would have seen the actual cooks’ cast. Just maybe.

Or just maybe English died again, never to ressurect. It’s all over.

https://greysweaterdude./2016/05/03/think-nigerian-movies-have-terrible-subtitles-ever-bothered-to-read-the-credits/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Think Nigerian Movies Have Terrible Subtitles? Bothered To Read The Credits by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 03, 2016
Na wa o. Here I thought Africa Magic scrutinizes the movie subtitles to avoid things of this sort. Which one is 'cooker' again? The word I know is 'cook'.
Re: Think Nigerian Movies Have Terrible Subtitles? Bothered To Read The Credits by Chuksemi(m): 9:11pm On May 03, 2016
You ain't seen nothing yet.

(1) (Reply)

Drop your Movie Review for" Gidi Blues" Nollywood Movie / I'm Looking To Exchange Movies With Someone In Enugu Town / Jason Bourne Vs Ethan Hunt! Your Favourite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.