Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,382 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome (33128 Views)

Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe / Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by banmee(m): 9:08pm On May 07, 2016
DICKtator:

Excuse me?

How do you mean?

What is it that I don't know?

grin grin grin grin

My bad. Just woke up. Not seeing clearly. My apologies.
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by delishpot: 9:10pm On May 07, 2016
"Single and handsome" kukuma talk say he Dey find bedmate.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by Khez: 9:16pm On May 07, 2016
Handsome and single should provide him with accommodation na

Abegi change that topic to something understandable

Na so una go they mix issues for una self.....

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by DICKtator: 9:17pm On May 07, 2016
bee444:

The guy is still in Albany, New York. Conference finishes soon. He actually wanted to stay behind to make room for him applying for a residency visa or find a person to settle down with.

People talking about hotels and going back to Nigeria dont understand the story or struggle behind his journey. He went to the conference with only $120 in his pocket. He struggled to come up with ticket money. Friends and foes have to gather and contribute the ticket money.

Going back to Nigeria so soon will be seen as failure for him. He wont have another chance again. He still has valid visa till 2017. Help comes in different form.

Oh so this is the story!!!

Good luck to him!!!!

Like someone has advised, if you need help, go to the church or mosque!!!!

Woow!! $120? He is even better than Tony Montana that came on a boat with no dollar but a dream!!!!! "Scarred" face!!!!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by DICKtator: 9:19pm On May 07, 2016
banmee:

My bad. Just woke up. Not seeing clearly. My apologies.

Ohhh!!!. I see!!
I hardly look at my mentions but this was an exception because I needed to know what you were "driving" at!!!

Greetings from the land of the "eh"

Vacaytinz

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 07, 2016
Why are you telling us he is hamndsome & single? What does that have to do with needing accommodation? Or are you pimping your "cousin" out??

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by DICKtator: 9:20pm On May 07, 2016
bee444:

The guy is still in Albany, New York. Conference finishes soon. He actually wanted to stay behind to make room for him applying for a residency visa or find a person to settle down with.

People talking about hotels and going back to Nigeria dont understand the story or struggle behind his journey. He went to the conference with only $120 in his pocket. He struggled to come up with ticket money. Friends and foes have to gather and contribute the ticket money.

Going back to Nigeria so soon will be seen as failure for him. He wont have another chance again. He still has valid visa till 2017. Help comes in different form.

Trump don talk am though..........

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by appsintell: 9:21pm On May 07, 2016
What has single and handsome got to do with accomodation?.. just proves these guys have other plans....hes hoping to land a young vunerable chic within days hes confessing love ....just to get his papers.....trust me this guy has a plan...and is just searching for a prey...

6 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by charlesucheh(m): 9:22pm On May 07, 2016
bee444:
Hi Nailanders,

My cousin travelled to the US a week ago for a Art conference ( he is on a business visa). The Art Residency as its called is still ongoing and will finish soon.

He made an arrangement with his friend in Ohio that after the conference he would be coming over to stay with him. When he got to the US, he called his friend and the friend started ignoring his calls. He finally got through but the friend told him that he has changed his mind that he should look for somewhere else to stay.

Cousin is disappointed, and doesn't have anybody or place to stay after the conference. The conference is in New york. The Art organizers provided him with accommodation until the end date of the conference.

Nairalanders, I need your help to assist this brother.

Thank you
That his friend that stay in RWANDA and has been JOBBING him that it's in AMERICA he lives abi!!! The day of reckoning don show!!!
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by virginchaser(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2016
JJCE:
bro I get something to ask you, av sent you pm...

Now now you don they attach?
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by Larrey(f): 9:57pm On May 07, 2016
franugo:

I fail to see d reason why u brought up d fact dt u have family in ohio when u know u won't lift a finger to help d nigga,..dts just uncool
I'm sorry for bringing it up just that they helped one of our church member and the guy messed up big time.
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by obowunmi(m): 10:10pm On May 07, 2016
Is your cousin planning to go back to Nigeria?
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by Menakay(m): 10:13pm On May 07, 2016
bee444:
Hi Nailanders,

My cousin travelled to the US a week ago for a Art conference ( he is on a business visa). The Art Residency as its called is still ongoing and will finish soon.

He made an arrangement with his friend in Ohio that after the conference he would be coming over to stay with him. When he got to the US, he called his friend and the friend started ignoring his calls. He finally got through but the friend told him that he has changed his mind that he should look for somewhere else to stay.

Cousin is disappointed, and doesn't have anybody or place to stay after the conference. The conference is in New york. The Art organizers provided him with accommodation until the end date of the conference.

Nairalanders, I need your help to assist this brother.

Thank you
Why that single and handsome in ur write up? did anybody say he or she is looking for who is single and handsome to accommodate?
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by obowunmi(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2016
If he doesn't have funds to stay in the U.S.

1) How will he feed?

2) Does he expect to become a leech ?

3) Why doesn't he want to go back to Nigeria?

4) He puts himself at great risk if he doesn't go back. Why? If he offends anyone without his appropriate immigration papers.... the call immigration for him, he'll go to prison and then be deported. He runs the risk of NEVER been able to return to the U.S.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by ojaythegreat(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2016
I am a Bsc holder in history and international relations ,I've been hunting for a job now its been more than 1year and maintaining my life is becoming hard for me. I hereby use this medium to pass this to the audience if by any chance you can assist me with a job , I would be very grateful. The only thing I can't do is stealing or going into fraud, any job at all that can help me fix my self is welcomed. I currently stay in umuahia but can always migrate if there is provision for accommodation.. thanks my email and whatsapp is orjiogwo@gmail.com, 08132134144

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by johntolu: 10:17pm On May 07, 2016
[/color][color=#006600][quote author=mikkyangel post=45294976]

All dis ya story done dey plenty, which one be he has accomodation for 1st conference and no accommodation for 2nd conference.One wonders why a grown ass man would set out for a journey of dis nature with no proper planning (no plan B )..Besides ,I would advise you to modify this ya topic and remove dt "he his handsome and single",sun never beat am,dts y u still feel it is handsom.

Ok mayb I could help a Lil bit, Ohio was d 1st place I landed when I 1st came to yanky, so what part of Ohio is he?
-Sincinnati?
-Cleaveland?(my home boy leaves in Cleveland, but me need to ask him 1st if he is willing to accommodate )
-Sandusky?(I have an akata family here,but d woman. Go won collect small money from am ohh)

Another very good advice is that he should go to a n9ja church (Redeemed )cos i know my church in LA always help in cases like this..,he is 98% sure of getting a place to sleep..)if he tries a n9ja church..

Finaly,whts his plan after conference, is he coming back abi him won start to dey hustle iyawo for kpaly?how I wish he was in Cali, I for carry am go drop for my church, (there,he went have to worry for food,accommodation and free internet cos my pastor and his crew are among d nicest peeps u will ever meet)[/quote/][color=#006600][/color]

bee444,
Send a PM to mikkyangel ASAP and connect your 'handsome and single', cousin to him in California.
Since you mentioned that your cousin is handsome,
he may be able to get ladies for marriage in Archangel Michael's church without paying a dime.
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by ipledge5: 10:18pm On May 07, 2016
Single and handsome,the op needs a wife for his/her cousin...nice one op
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by maxti: 10:19pm On May 07, 2016
acadollar:

I dnt doubt u, thats our people, they barely appreciate

We still have sincere Nigerians. I met a Stranded Nigerian in Dubai In January. I loaned him 220 Dirhams. I didn't bother taking his number of passport data page. I gave him my account details.
He finally paid the money to my account.
We just need to be careful. Humans are the same everywhere

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by Shikena(m): 10:24pm On May 07, 2016
This is exactly how some people become destitutes in America. I pray and reject that for him but I doubt if he knows how precarious his situation is. If things go south the 'handsomeness' will be totally unrecognizable in a matter of months.

Poorly planned relocation attempts like this are even worse for women. Several have been passed around and even ended up becoming mentally unstable and with many children from different men enticing them with promises of helping file their papers to regularize their stay.

Back to the guy, as some have stated it's down to 2 obvious choices - stay and hope for some divine intervention or go back and plan again since visa is still valid. If staying better start going out to malls and other places and target some 'not too pretty' but nice women but be prepared to live in bondage for years if it works out.

If God bails you out of this you will deeply respect those who are doing well abroad.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by youngsahito(m): 10:31pm On May 07, 2016
fados4sure:
An average 9ja man is a liar & fraudster that is why they don't help. Tell him to go to Bronx, there are a lot of bridge he can sleep under
you are a callous human being n I knw DAT u ar heartless too.you must be a liar n a fraudster... Id**t
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by andyanders: 10:37pm On May 07, 2016
Sounds stupid. In fact with what you have just stated, he needed to be sent back to Nigeria. What kind of conference that he attended and after the conference, he now wants an accommodation to stay. It is wrong because you have shown that he has no intention to return.

Listen op, America is not Nigeria and nobody is gonna accommodate him?

Too bad mehn.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by johntolu: 10:38pm On May 07, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Eluwilussit:

Isn't he supposed to come back at the end of whatever he went there for? I know a guy who can help but my fear is that he might 'flip' your fine cousin.Whayasay? grin

Game! Oya, let's go there joo!
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by johntolu: 10:43pm On May 07, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
boolet:

The caption rebuffs but if he is willing to pay $300, I could accommodate him for a month.

Good deal, but will you be able to arrange a 'backdoor job' for him to enable him pay his bills?
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by Agu87(m): 10:51pm On May 07, 2016
Larrey:
I have family in ohio but can't risk it,may GOD help your cousin
yet ur status says 'my God is able' if u knew u couldn't help him,y did u even admit dat u have a family there...to make heaven no be here oooo...silly
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by Agu87(m): 10:54pm On May 07, 2016
franugo:

I fail to see d reason why u brought up d fact dt u have family in ohio when u know u won't lift a finger to help d nigga,..dts just uncool
bro...am dumbfounded....she could have just ignored d post...

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by InvertedHammer: 10:58pm On May 07, 2016
/
Harboring/employing an illegal immigrant is a crime. In some states, if someone moves into your house and later cannot afford rent, you cannot evict him/her. And the law protects him/her. Many people are willing to help sometimes but are scared of the ramifications. Unless someone you know, be wary of opening your house to strangers. Someone in this situation is a trouble waiting to happen. This fellow has no intention of leaving after the conference. There is a reason his friend renegaded on his promises. Don't try to be a hero. Nice people die first.

Nigerians could be meek when they need help. Get them out of a jam and the true colour shows. Folks you help with rent or folks you loan money to disappear overnight and start claiming "busy". Your cousin should go to a church or seek out someone from his hometown that may vouch for the integrity of his family. People never open dem house willy-nilly for Abuja sef na for US you wan come form visitor. His story is very fishy.

If he really needs help, he should move to Houston. There are many Nigerians over there. If he flies to California, his story will be worse. California is too expensive to harbor a leech.
\

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by johntolu: 11:07pm On May 07, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
bee444:

I have to be frank with you that the initial post you posted, about your cousin being single and handsome, is complete BS. I will advise you to edit it to reflect the major needs of your cousin, namely, accommodation and a job.
Send me a PM, and do the same to others, who claimed they could help, and let's see the type of assistance that could be rendered to him.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by johntolu: 11:14pm On May 07, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
soleexx:

I don't have a place for him in ohio! Dat shld be south-east...me self na reach dat side b4, but if he can make it to newyork city in staten island bronx...ma uncle go accomodate ham with shelter food and 9ja hospitality

Good News to bee444 and his cousin.
Send PM ASAP to this guy but you should also be very careful about offers from complete strangers.
All the Best.
Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by johntolu: 11:17pm On May 07, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
InvertedHammer:
/
Harboring/employing an illegal immigrant is a crime. In some states, if someone moves into your house and later cannot afford rent, you cannot evict him/her. And the law protects him/her. Many people are willing to help sometimes but are scared of the ramifications. Unless someone you know, be wary of opening your house to strangers. Someone in this situation is a trouble waiting to happen. This fellow has no intention of leaving after the conference. There is a reason his friend renegaded on his promises. Don't try to be a hero. Nice people die first.

Nigerians could be meek when they need help. Get them out of a jam and the true colour shows. Folks you help with rent or folks you loan money to disappear overnight and start claiming "busy". Your cousin should go to a church or seek out someone from his hometown that may vouch for the integrity of his family. People never open dem house willy-nilly for Abuja sef na for US you wan come form visitor. His story is very fishy.
\
God Bless you, my brother.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by prince3342(m): 11:24pm On May 07, 2016
I reside in Staten Island, New York. Its very unfortunate that this incident is coming up by this time. I accommodated 4 people from Nigeria.. I share a 2 bedrooms apartment with a fellow Nigerian before but the guy has moved out and a 50+ woman has moved in. I just had an issue with my landlord because water consumption of which I was forced to let 2 ppl go, third is working in a neighboring state. In short, I understand the guy very well, everybody knows the situation back home.... I might not be able to help with accommodation and finances but I can help with advice and some hints.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 07, 2016
youngsahito:
you are a callous human being n I knw DAT u ar heartless too.you must be a liar n a fraudster... Id**t
Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome by boolet: 11:40pm On May 07, 2016
johntolu:
[color=#000099][/color]

Good deal, but will you be able to arrange a 'backdoor job' for him to enable him pay his bills?
No mind d op, dem no wan talk true... No be only conference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Lady Survives Ghastly Accident As Vehicle Falls Off A Bridge. Photos / Student-Athlete, Oluwatoni Onikeku, Dies Abroad (Photos) / Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.