Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion (13392 Views)

PR In Religion / Photos From Faith Oyedepo's 56th Birthday Celebration / The Idea 'god' In Religion Is Just Basically The Ultimate Desire Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
[b]THIRTEEN CONTNUED
Pume result came, I had between 200 and 210. I was mad with myself and told myself. It is over. As a non-indigene, I was targeting over 250 to stand a chance. By then, Ibadan poly had done their pume too. I was left with college of education. Me wey don vow say, I no go enter poly, na im con dey consider college now. I was desperate! If I had not been stubborn about not going to poly, I would have gone far by now. But I think, my stubbornness was making sense because, in my Nuclear family, all of my siblings older than me, including my parents were products of a Polytechnic. So I told myself, if na curse, I go break am- that also added fuel to my foundational curse theory. And so far, I am the only product of a University. I hope my younger siblings will follow but I do not want them to pass through my kind of stubbornness. So the one immediately after me went straight to the poly and now planning to take direct entry into the University.

It was holiday time for students, I just came back from my steel company work . I did night shift and could not continue for the day. I came back home to sleep and that all I do any free time I have. Suddenly, my phone rang, a strange number, I picked the call, and the guy on the other side said “Oboy, how far you, u no even tell me say your name comot for list.. you no try”. I sat down on the bed to process his words and asked him, “Which list”. He said, “admission list now, is your name not ..ehmm .. Dankol ….. that is the only Yoruba name on that list ooo. ”. (The guy who called me was the guy who sat with me during the pume exam. Let me ignore the story why he called me but the bottom line is, I did him a great favour. So calling me was the least he could do to repay me though I never sought to be repaid). I jumped up, told him to call back latter. I ran to the cyber café with my short and singlet. Bought airtime to check the list. Lo and Behold! My name was on XXXXXXX Merit Admission list into the course of my choice- the same course I have been mocked that I could not get, I got it on merit. I could not shout; I could not cry. I was in between but I knew, if anyone ask me for anything that moment, I will foolishly agree to it. Yea! I ascribed the glory to God no doubt but come to think of it. At that point in time in my life, I was not active in church, I was far from God cos, I no longer pray, do my song rehearsal, find new songs to work on. I was just there! Looking for money. And God still did it for me but I had to do the work all by myself. My dear, I am sorry to disappoint you, I have withdrawn every glory I ever ascribed to God because

1. If he did it, I wouldn’t have put my life at risk to get result. Why? “Would a son ask for bread and his father give him stone? If an earthly father would not do that to his son, how much more our heavenly father” so says the bible. You my dear reader, if I may ask, would you like your son to suffer for any reason whatsoever? If I guess your answer right, which is NO, on no account will I let him suffer. Same question goes to God, who is unlimited in power, he could not even move a finger to make me not go through that experience at the steel company that prevented me from going to church

2. If he did it, why would several thousands of believers like me who wrote jamb and even pume failed to make it. I was losing faith- I got admission because I worked towards it. Yet, some fool would pray all night- he/she may not get it. The probability of success is not dependent on God but on man directly or indirectly. but if you think it is God. Then I think, that God is MAN. Yea!, because, I wrote the exam, God did not write it. I worked for the money. He did not hand it over to me from heaven. Don’t tell me, he gave me ideas and strength and power to do all I did. If he did, what happened to those thousands of persons in my shoe who never got to think the way I did. At least I know two at that time, Bro D and his Cousin, we were all seeking for admission then. I got admission before them even though both were still deep-neck into churchism then not even when their guidance/ Father respectively was a very strict, strong willed Pastor too. All things being equal, I should not have been blessed with that admission. But sorry, I realize, he did not do it. I did all by myself.

I recall a testimony some papa in school was telling some guys when he came to evangelize. He said, “there was this faithful brother who was at the crossroad either to attend a power retreat or stay back to do his exams. He opted for the retreat and was expecting to fail. But he passed because, God sent an angel to represent him”. Immediately, the preacher got to that point. I asked him, “sir, may I know the brother, where, when did it happen”. He said “he heard the story too”. I just laughed and left the place thinking “What a great Nollywood story to make out of it”. Most pastors have learnt the act of lying without blinking an eye like the preacher trying to impress his listeners with that fat lie he coined. They have to do that, so you will believe. To make matters worse for you, they willstage some miracles for you and you fall hook, line and sinker for it. Please, do you know anyone personally who is crippled or deformed that has been healed? Please I would like to meet such person one-on-one. Another question is, why is the miracles selective? If, you dear reader have been to the redemption camp (I have been there sha) you will notice that there is a section beside the alter that is kept for disabled people seeking for healing. How many of them go back home different every year?

3. Moreso, why don’t you ask yourself what happens to people who do not even believe in what you believe, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Eckists, Atheists and many others who are doing much fine as much as there are persons amongst them who are not. Good things are not exclusive to Christians oo. Every Religion has its own fair share too of the good, bad, ugly, beautiful, crooked and straight.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by meshi1990(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
even though we know all dis tins, we still call on GOD subconciously.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 10:42am On Jul 15, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FOURTEEN
LOVE IN TOKYO
I printed the admission list took it to church to show people what God has done for me. I can’t agree less that they were happy for me. I told my Proprietress boss about it, she was happy for me. I continued with them till I left for School but the Steel company, after that encounter with the supervisor, he was not letting me work as often as before because he was angry I left work for so many days. So I had been replaced. I tried getting in through another means but it was not for long. After some time, I quit trying. Moreover, as soon as my dad learnt of the work. He put me under pressure to quit. Though, I did not listen but the way it was, gave me reason to quit completely and so my sojourn with that place was over but it was quite an experience. Many lives were wasted there but I escaped (normally I would have added, it was by God’s grace). My dear reader, Why would God spare me and let some others die? Are they not his creations too? Young men who were just seeking for what to eat. Every week, there is always a casualty. Let me tell this one that made me lost appetite for two days when it occurred.

This guy was one of the persons driving crane that magnetize metal objects from Scrap section (yea- that was the other section I forgot) to the Furnace. The crane’s function was to magnetize scraps/metals and lower it into the furnace to melt. When the furnace pot is full, it is taken by another crane/machine to the cast section. Now, there is thing we call ‘bomb’, I do not know what is made up but I know then, if this stuff is lowered into the furnace, it sounds like an explosive and sends jets streams of liquid metal in all directions away from the pot. Just like hitting a pot of hot soup with a big stone. The soup will fly in all directions you agree. That’s how it usually occur. So for those of us unlucky to work there by our shift, we are usually alert for any sound from the furnace. As soon as you hear “Gbooom”.. Run for your miserable life! Else, you could be the next person lying down at the clinic with one part of your body eaten away by liquid metal or even dead.

So this guy lowered the scrap which contain this explosive metal. The unfortunate thing is that, the pot was almost full. So as the thing enter the pot, it produced a lot of streams of metal. He was in the crane controlling the stuff but the stream came towards him and he tried to escape from being hurt. Well, guess where he flew into. He flew into the pot. “tolum”. While every other person ran for safety. Let me stop it there. But you know he is unredeemable right? Why would God allow such? Mind you, I know the guy, we were co-hustlers. Seeking to get enough money to go to school. His pay was far higher than mine.

Now, I think my challenges were too real for me to notice any lady back then but chief of the burden I carry, Admission matters have been taken away. So I guess, my eyes were now touchlighting and clear enough to appreciate a lady. Now, not that, I don’t have interest, but it is my hobby to kill the interest. Well, since, am a would-be-undergraduate, I began to think of the future. I know am a great person, it would be a disaster to be hooked forever with the wrong woman. So I thought, let me groom a bride now or it may be too late. I began to watch this lady, I spoke with her, I got to know her flaws not her strength cos it’s the strengths that attracted me in the first place- you know what I mean, dear reader. I saw she was teachable and she changed a few things I told her I don’t like about her. And just like it happens.

I proposed to her. It was a powerful and Christianly proposal. I can still remember the lyrics, even the most stubborn Christian sister would have considered my proposal. I would have written it here for you to see how mind blowing it is but I don’t want to give bad boys tool to deceive good church girls. So, I’ll keep that to myself. I told her to take her time and give me feedback when she wants to. On the third day- Jesus rose abi. But for me- Love budded. So we started discretely. Mind you, we were determined to make it Christianly and pure as ever, and it was until, we, were no more. So, I left home for school with someone to remind me of home and give me a reason to come home.[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CONTINUATION......
I did not stop teaching, I would teach during the day, and go to the other work at night. It was not funny. It was the cash that gave me strength. I began to have money to take care of myself and siblings. I bought provisions and food stuff. I had already sent money to get the PUME and I was saving for the journey to South South.

OAU pume came, I went to write, I had 198. I knew that was the end of the road for that, but seriously, my mind was not there. XXXXXX came calling for PUME, I took excuse from my boss, the proprietress. She permitted me. Infact she has been following me up since I wrote jamb, trying to know the latest. Well, not really because she care about me, but her business. She needed to know how to get a replacement for me. She did it in good faith though. All these while, I only go to church on Sundays now and now an ordinary member because, I could not attend rehearsals anymore because of the double-decker work I was doing. The local church was on my neck to come back and that they will do something about my issue. I told pastor that day, it is too late. You can’t give me as much as I earn. Moreover, it is going to come in the form of help and I will be answerable to the church. I rejected it.

Now, I know a lot of questions will pop up in the reader’s mind about my dad’s role in this? My dad lost his job long before now and was greatly handicapped to do his duties as a father. It was not his intention to let me or any of us go through what we went through. Mind you we were Nine of us, from both wives. One of the reasons, why I will have a minimum of one and maximum of two children so I can take care of them. I do really pity my old man. The burden was much.

Two days to my departure to no man’s land for pume. My assistant Pastor called me to his house to tell me about one vision he had about me. I can’t recall how he narrated his fake vision but the bottom line was that, I should not go else it will spell doom for me and my siblings. Now, this assistant pastor of a man, I respect him also and infact, he has been a major encouragement to my Christian life. I learnt a lot from him especially being the Youth Pastor. He was loaded with words of encouragement and Power. Looking at his record, no taint or stain from my point of view. So, I believed him. Moreover, what are the chances of me getting admission over there and the money I would waste to go there. Na the money matter, pinch me pass.

So I cancelled my trip to XXXXXXX. I went back to work at the Steel company, day and night till the day of departure. My dad called me to know if am on the way. I told him, I am no longer going. He was shocked. I explained to him of my fears of not getting the admission and money, I do not have enough money. He told me to go that, he would send some money to me. Anyway, that is part of his trick sha . But I refuses oo. I told him, I am not interested again and I want to try THE POLYTECHNIC IBADAN- that was my poly choice.

That day, I knew I had a father who would do anything to help his boy get some sense, when I mean anything, nothing violent. My dad affirmed to me on the phone and said, “Dankol, I am on my knees, Please be on your way. I will go lend some money anywhere and send to you by Monday. Please, just start moving”. That gesture touched me and immediately, I went to my supervisor at the steel company to give me a permit to leave the company’s premises. He refused, I told him, I have to go whatever it takes. He said, I will lose my pay for the day. I agreed. So I left for XXXXXXX the next day. My dad did not rest from calling me until he was sure I got there and wrote the Exam. I told him not to worry about the money he promised to send but he insisted and sent me 2.5k to support myself.[/b]

Your pastor was naive, a vision can be a form of warning or instruction to be careful or prayerful. It is not necessarily a don't go or don't travel. I'm sure you were very careful during your trip, which was the purpose of the vision/dream in the first iñstance.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
dankol:
[b]THIRTEEN CONTNUED
Pume result came, I had between 200 and 210. I was mad with myself and told myself. It is over. As a non-indigene, I was targeting over 250 to stand a chance. By then, Ibadan poly had done their pume too. I was left with college of education. Me wey don vow say, I no go enter poly, na im con dey consider college now. I was desperate! If I had not been stubborn about not going to poly, I would have gone far by now. But I think, my stubbornness was making sense because, in my Nuclear family, all of my siblings older than me, including my parents were products of a Polytechnic. So I told myself, if na curse, I go break am- that also added fuel to my foundational curse theory. And so far, I am the only product of a University. I hope my younger siblings will follow but I do not want them to pass through my kind of stubbornness. So the one immediately after me went straight to the poly and now planning to take direct entry into the University.

It was holiday time for students, I just came back from my steel company work . I did night shift and could not continue for the day. I came back home to sleep and that all I do any free time I have. Suddenly, my phone rang, a strange number, I picked the call, and the guy on the other side said “Oboy, how far you, u no even tell me say your name comot for list.. you no try”. I sat down on the bed to process his words and asked him, “Which list”. He said, “admission list now, is your name not ..ehmm .. Dankol ….. that is the only Yoruba name on that list ooo. ”. (The guy who called me was the guy who sat with me during the pume exam. Let me ignore the story why he called me but the bottom line is, I did him a great favour. So calling me was the least he could do to repay me though I never sought to be repaid). I jumped up, told him to call back latter. I ran to the cyber café with my short and singlet. Bought airtime to check the list. Lo and Behold! My name was on XXXXXXX Merit Admission list into the course of my choice- the same course I have been mocked that I could not get, I got it on merit. I could not shout; I could not cry. I was in between but I knew, if anyone ask me for anything that moment, I will foolishly agree to it. Yea! I ascribed the glory to God no doubt but come to think of it. At that point in time in my life, I was not active in church, I was far from God cos, I no longer pray, do my song rehearsal, find new songs to work on. I was just there! Looking for money. And God still did it for me but I had to do the work all by myself. My dear, I am sorry to disappoint you, I have withdrawn every glory I ever ascribed to God because

That's what is called mercy or grace, something you did not merit. You may call it luck or chance as you had clearly lost hope and were not expecting anything. i'll call it reaping, you simply reaped what you sowed for many years. The Bible teaches and encourages persistence, hardwork and importunity. You don't have to know God or believe in Jesus to sow or reap. It was simply your time to reap.
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

1. If he did it, I wouldn’t have put my life at risk to get result. Why? “Would a son ask for bread and his father give him stone? If an earthly father would not do that to his son, how much more our heavenly father” so says the bible. You my dear reader, if I may ask, would you like your son to suffer for any reason whatsoever? If I guess your answer right, which is NO, on no account will I let him suffer. Same question goes to God, who is unlimited in power, he could not even move a finger to make me not go through that experience at the steel company that prevented me from going to church
Jesus suffered, duh. So did all the apostles. Tough people last, and there are tough times. This is severally reflected in the scriptures.
Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

God would rather have you give your life to Jesus than waste your life and time doing church work. Church work does not save you.

2. If he did it, why would several thousands of believers like me who wrote jamb and even pume failed to make it. I was losing faith- I got admission because I worked towards it. Yet, some fool would pray all night- he/she may not get it. The probability of success is not dependent on God but on man directly or indirectly. but if you think it is God. Then I think, that God is MAN. Yea!, because, I wrote the exam, God did not write it. I worked for the money. He did not hand it over to me from heaven. Don’t tell me, he gave me ideas and strength and power to do all I did. If he did, what happened to those thousands of persons in my shoe who never got to think the way I did. At least I know two at that time, Bro D and his Cousin, we were all seeking for admission then. I got admission before them even though both were still deep-neck into churchism then not even when their guidance/ Father respectively was a very strict, strong willed Pastor too. All things being equal, I should not have been blessed with that admission. But sorry, I realize, he did not do it. I did all by myself.

I recall a testimony some papa in school was telling some guys when he came to evangelize. He said, “there was this faithful brother who was at the crossroad either to attend a power retreat or stay back to do his exams. He opted for the retreat and was expecting to fail. But he passed because, God sent an angel to represent him”. Immediately, the preacher got to that point. I asked him, “sir, may I know the brother, where, when did it happen”. He said “he heard the story too”. I just laughed and left the place thinking “What a great Nollywood story to make out of it”. Most pastors have learnt the act of lying without blinking an eye like the preacher trying to impress his listeners with that fat lie he coined. They have to do that, so you will believe. To make matters worse for you, they willstage some miracles for you and you fall hook, line and sinker for it. Please, do you know anyone personally who is crippled or deformed that has been healed? Please I would like to meet such person one-on-one. Another question is, why is the miracles selective? If, you dear reader have been to the redemption camp (I have been there sha) you will notice that there is a section beside the alter that is kept for disabled people seeking for healing. How many of them go back home different every year?

Joh 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
You were permitted to have what you have. The Bible does not promise you a jollyride without hitch. Laziness is not encouraged by God. Instead God calls us to be soldiers and of good courage. It tells us the awesome power in every man that we should tap into, however warning us to still trust in God and not forget God. God is not your sugar daddy, that is where the so called prosperity gospel confuses a lot of people. Prayer is good, but nobody needs to pray all night to gain admission. It is better to read all night to gain admission. You can pray all night for better things, eternal things. God is not mocked, whatever a man sows is what he reaps. If you sow corn, God will not say, oh he prayed all night, give him gold. He won't say, oh he's a buddhist, his corn will not grow. Those are ephemeral matters, not matters of salvation or eternity. There are laws already laid down by God whoever you are. Even Jesus had to work hard, grow up and increase in wisdom. Nothing was dashed to Him. He earned it all and paid preciously for all He had and did. On miracles, simply go close to any testifier and verify their miracles. Stop being an armchair critic. Or better still, take a sick person to the crusade grounds or church where the people are testifying. i do not advice to the controversial churches though, you may try the RCCG camp you mentioned, or DeeperLife or LivingFaith or Chosen. Those are popular enough i think.

3. Moreso, why don’t you ask yourself what happens to people who do not even believe in what you believe, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Eckists, Atheists and many others who are doing much fine as much as there are persons amongst them who are not. Good things are not exclusive to Christians oo. Every Religion has its own fair share too of the good, bad, ugly, beautiful, crooked and straight.[/b]
i do not recall the Bible saying otherwise. Here it is again.
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Act 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.
Psa 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FOURTEEN CONTINUED
HOW LOVE DIED
Two years later when I came home, I confided in someone about my relationship. She was really happy about it and guess what next she said “Have you both gone to the Pastor?” I told her, no and there is no need for that afterall we are not ready for marriage yet. She insisted We Inform our pastors if indeed we have nothing immodest going on. I discussed it with her but the challenge was that, her dad was her local church pastor unlike mine but since she has a good rapport with him, she agreed to tell him.
At first, the dad was silent about the issue but the mum was like, no way, “he is from a polygamous family, the tendency of marrying more than one wife is in the blood” My question to that is, Has Jesus not cleansed me from my past?

Moreso, somewhere in Ezekiel, where God told Ezekiel, that a proverb will no longer be used in Israel “Our fathers have eaten sour grapes and the children’s teeth are set on the edge”, so why should I suffer for my father’s sin as a Christian. If my great grandfather was a thief, does that make me a thief- Mind you, I can’t fathom having a polygamous family-it’s a no no for me but I do not condemn anyone into it.

The mum told her to immediately call the relationship off. The dad was in support of the decision but was just discreete about it. She was under severe pressure. Like play like play, she no longer pick my calls, reply my messages. One day, I was frustrated, I sent her a message that, it’s important we talk now or never. She flashed me, and I called her. I asked her, is she giving up on us, she could not answer and I told her, well, silence means yes in certain situations, and I assume you are saying yes. That was how, it ended. Now, she never wanted it to end but was under pressure to end it. I could feel it but then, I have to move on with my life. Such is life![/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FIVE
THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF RELIGION IN ME
PART ONE
Things were pretty rough for me at the start of being an undergraduate but I was as churchy as ever. Infact, the week I stepped into school, I joined a local branch of the church I attended and the following week, I joined the choir. As time went, my dad could not keep up with the monthly feeding allowance he ought to give. I survived based on goodwill from colleagues and friends. I recall, one of my very close female friend brought food for me one night, and my roommates were shouting that I should not eat the food that it contains “love portion”. That statement made me more eager to eat the food sef. Many offers came my way to write exams for others, jamb, pume amongst others. I would vehemently refuse it. Though even now, I will still not accept such offer as a principle but not due to a religious belief anymore.

I needed money to survive, I had this mentality that, since I was working for God, he would meet my needs. Yea, he ought to but he would not come down to give me money or food or clothing or whatever my need could be. He would use human like me to bless me. But then, with or without comfort or help from anyone, I continued steadfast in the faith. At the beginning of year 2, I could not pay fees, and it is expected that one ought to pay within two weeks or pay extra two thousand naira in another two weeks addition. I went to do laundry with someone, where I got ¼ of my school fees. I ran to the church to LEND me some money and that I would repay back because that was the agreement, I had with my dad. But the pastor told me same old story “no money, blab bla bla”. I was broken inside of me. I felt used. I am not asking to be given, but to lend. I am not a new person in church, infact not only actively consistent but well known member of the choir. That Sunday morning, I spoke with the pastor and he answered negative.

I could not stay in church, my heart was heavy. I went back to the hostel to cry my heart out in the toilet. I looked back and came to realize that, I am just a tool in the church and the day I become useless, I am disposed. The church is not really after your service but your money. That is why they honour the rich more than anyone working. But my challenge was, if I decide to pick a job, I would not have time to serve God as much as I ought to but in the light of recent event. I told myself, “I do not care anymore, I have to survive and to do that, I need something to bring me income whether it clashes with church activities or not. God should understand my situation”.
That day, I unlocked my imagination, I began to think business, entrepreneurship. I began to be observant of my environment, what challenges do we have and what solution I can proffer. I came up with a lot of ideas on how I can make money but most of them are time consuming and capital intensive. I looked inward, what can I do? I am a computer literate with good typing skills. So I went to meet a friend who barely uses his laptop. He lend me and I began to typeset projects, term papers and review. I got money to survive but not my school fees. It was my appeal to a brother and some persons in church that made it possible for me to pay.

After, I successfully paid, fees, I made up my mind that, it will never happen again that, I would be running helter-skelter for school fees till I leave school. And so it was till now. Right there and then, I began to save for the following semester fees. I assumed, I was alone in the world with no one to ask or look after my wellbeing. While I was doing typesetting works, I got part-time job at a cake and catering firm where I learnt a lot of things on catering and cakes. Here, I worked like a slave and got no salary for good 6months before I quit. I stayed because of the knowledge I was gaining but when I could not bear the tantrums from my boss, I quit. I did a lot of other part-time jobs but then, let me take you to the churchy part.[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FOURTEEN CONTINUED
HOW LOVE DIED
Two years later when I came home, I confided in someone about my relationship. She was really happy about it and guess what next she said “Have you both gone to the Pastor?” I told her, no and there is no need for that afterall we are not ready for marriage yet. She insisted We Inform our pastors if indeed we have nothing immodest going on. I discussed it with her but the challenge was that, her dad was her local church pastor unlike mine but since she has a good rapport with him, she agreed to tell him.
At first, the dad was silent about the issue but the mum was like, no way, “he is from a polygamous family, the tendency of marrying more than one wife is in the blood” My question to that is, Has Jesus not cleansed me from my past?

Moreso, somewhere in Ezekiel, where God told Ezekiel, that a proverb will no longer be used in Israel “Our fathers have eaten sour grapes and the children’s teeth are set on the edge”, so why should I suffer for my father’s sin as a Christian. If my great grandfather was a thief, does that make me a thief- Mind you, I can’t fathom having a polygamous family-it’s a no no for me but I do not condemn anyone into it.

The mum told her to immediately call the relationship off. The dad was in support of the decision but was just discreete about it. She was under severe pressure. Like play like play, she no longer pick my calls, reply my messages. One day, I was frustrated, I sent her a message that, it’s important we talk now or never. She flashed me, and I called her. I asked her, is she giving up on us, she could not answer and I told her, well, silence means yes in certain situations, and I assume you are saying yes. That was how, it ended. Now, she never wanted it to end but was under pressure to end it. I could feel it but then, I have to move on with my life. Such is life![/b]

Exactly, such is life. You win some, you lose some. This has nothing to do with faith or religion. Everyone cannot agree with you, simple.

1 Like

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART ONE
Things were pretty rough for me at the start of being an undergraduate but I was as churchy as ever. Infact, the week I stepped into school, I joined a local branch of the church I attended and the following week, I joined the choir. As time went, my dad could not keep up with the monthly feeding allowance he ought to give. I survived based on goodwill from colleagues and friends. I recall, one of my very close female friend brought food for me one night, and my roommates were shouting that I should not eat the food that it contains “love portion”.

That statement made me more eager to eat the food sef. Many offers came my way to write exams for others, jamb, pume amongst others. I would vehemently refuse it. Though even now, I will still not accept such offer as a principle but not due to a religious belief anymore. I needed money to survive, I had this mentality that, since I was working for God, he would meet my needs. Yea, he ought to but he would not come down to give me money or food or clothing or whatever my need could be. He would use human like me to bless me. But then, with or without comfort or help from anyone, I continued steadfast in the faith. At the beginning of year 2, I could not pay fees, and it is expected that one ought to pay within two weeks or pay extra two thousand naira in another two weeks addition.

I went to do laundry with someone, where I got ¼ of my school fees. I ran to the church to LEND me some money and that I would repay back because that was the agreement, I had with my dad. But the pastor told me same old story “no money, blab bla bla”. I was broken inside of me. I felt used. I am not asking to be given, but to lend. I am not a new person in church, infact not only actively consistent but well known member of the choir. That Sunday morning, I spoke with the pastor and he answered negative. I could not stay in church, my heart was heavy. I went back to the hostel to cry my heart out in the toilet. I looked back and came to realize that, I am just a tool in the church and the day I become useless, I am disposed.

The church is not really after your service but your money. That is why they honour the rich more than anyone who is doing the so called 'working for God'. They will tell you, these fellas are serving God with their money. Fine, does that make them better than you, but i put it to you, your pastor spend seeral hours praying for them than you, that is if the pastor remember you. I recall, a vigil i was invited to minister with the choir back in the days, 90% of all the prayers made were for the FINANCIERS OF THE CHURCH. At a point i stopped praying and looked at people beside me, to my far left was a guy praying fervently, hitting the wall, behind me was another elderly woman, she so looks wealthy. thefunny thing is, she sat down and was just saying something in the form of prayer i guess. i just shook my head and said within myself, "See one of those we are praying for sit down and me dey here dey nak head for wall, sweating like christmas goat". I confirmed later , she infact is the one we were praying for. A very powerful woman working in the state government. Mind you, am not against one giving to God, if you so believe but like i would always aske tithers, 'WOULD GOD COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN WITH BULLION VAN TO CART AWAY YOUR GIFT, TITHE, OFFERING, SEED AND WHAT HAVE YOU?'

But my challenge was, if I decide to pick a job, I would not have time to serve God as much as I ought to but in the light of recent event. I told myself, “I do not care anymore, I have to survive and to do that, I need something to bring me income whether it clashes with church activities or not. God should understand my situation”.[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FOURTEEN
LOVE IN TOKYO
I printed the admission list took it to church to show people what God has done for me. I can’t agree less that they were happy for me. I told my Proprietress boss about it, she was happy for me. I continued with them till I left for School but the Steel company, after that encounter with the supervisor, he was not letting me work as often as before because he was angry I left work for so many days. So I had been replaced. I tried getting in through another means but it was not for long. After some time, I quit trying. Moreover, as soon as my dad learnt of the work. He put me under pressure to quit. Though, I did not listen but the way it was, gave me reason to quit completely and so my sojourn with that place was over but it was quite an experience. Many lives were wasted there but I escaped (normally I would have added, it was by God’s grace). My dear reader, Why would God spare me and let some others die? Are they not his creations too? Young men who were just seeking for what to eat. Every week, there is always a casualty. Let me tell this one that made me lost appetite for two days when it occurred.

This guy was one of the persons driving crane that magnetize metal objects from Scrap section (yea- that was the other section I forgot) to the Furnace. The crane’s function was to magnetize scraps/metals and lower it into the furnace to melt. When the furnace pot is full, it is taken by another crane/machine to the cast section. Now, there is thing we call ‘bomb’, I do not know what is made up but I know then, if this stuff is lowered into the furnace, it sounds like an explosive and sends jets streams of liquid metal in all directions away from the pot. Just like hitting a pot of hot soup with a big stone. The soup will fly in all directions you agree. That’s how it usually occur. So for those of us unlucky to work there by our shift, we are usually alert for any sound from the furnace. As soon as you hear “Gbooom”.. Run for your miserable life! Else, you could be the next person lying down at the clinic with one part of your body eaten away by liquid metal or even dead.

So this guy lowered the scrap which contain this explosive metal. The unfortunate thing is that, the pot was almost full. So as the thing enter the pot, it produced a lot of streams of metal. He was in the crane controlling the stuff but the stream came towards him and he tried to escape from being hurt. Well, guess where he flew into. He flew into the pot. “tolum”. While every other person ran for safety. Let me stop it there. But you know he is unredeemable right? Why would God allow such? Mind you, I know the guy, we were co-hustlers. Seeking to get enough money to go to school. His pay was far higher than mine.

Now, I think my challenges were too real for me to notice any lady back then but chief of the burden I carry, Admission matters have been taken away. So I guess, my eyes were now touchlighting and clear enough to appreciate a lady. Now, not that, I don’t have interest, but it is my hobby to kill the interest. Well, since, am a would-be-undergraduate, I began to think of the future. I know am a great person, it would be a disaster to be hooked forever with the wrong woman. So I thought, let me groom a bride now or it may be too late. I began to watch this lady, I spoke with her, I got to know her flaws not her strength cos it’s the strengths that attracted me in the first place- you know what I mean, dear reader. I saw she was teachable and she changed a few things I told her I don’t like about her. And just like it happens.

I proposed to her. It was a powerful and Christianly proposal. I can still remember the lyrics, even the most stubborn Christian sister would have considered my proposal. I would have written it here for you to see how mind blowing it is but I don’t want to give bad boys tool to deceive good church girls. So, I’ll keep that to myself. I told her to take her time and give me feedback when she wants to. On the third day- Jesus rose abi. But for me- Love budded. So we started discretely. Mind you, we were determined to make it Christianly and pure as ever, and it was until, we, were no more. So, I left home for school with someone to remind me of home and give me a reason to come home.[/b]

Why did you put that part.? What's wrong with you? I shouted loud and dropped my phone while reading that part. Now I'm in trouble. undecided
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
Post the proposal oo. I'll be needing it. I don't know how to talk to girls cry
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART ONE
Things were pretty rough for me at the start of being an undergraduate but I was as churchy as ever. Infact, the week I stepped into school, I joined a local branch of the church I attended and the following week, I joined the choir. As time went, my dad could not keep up with the monthly feeding allowance he ought to give. I survived based on goodwill from colleagues and friends. I recall, one of my very close female friend brought food for me one night, and my roommates were shouting that I should not eat the food that it contains “love portion”.

That statement made me more eager to eat the food sef. Many offers came my way to write exams for others, jamb, pume amongst others. I would vehemently refuse it. Though even now, I will still not accept such offer as a principle but not due to a religious belief anymore. I needed money to survive, I had this mentality that, since I was working for God, he would meet my needs. Yea, he ought to but he would not come down to give me money or food or clothing or whatever my need could be. He would use human like me to bless me. But then, with or without comfort or help from anyone, I continued steadfast in the faith. At the beginning of year 2, I could not pay fees, and it is expected that one ought to pay within two weeks or pay extra two thousand naira in another two weeks addition.

I went to do laundry with someone, where I got ¼ of my school fees. I ran to the church to LEND me some money and that I would repay back because that was the agreement, I had with my dad. But the pastor told me same old story “no money, blab bla bla”. I was broken inside of me. I felt used. I am not asking to be given, but to lend. I am not a new person in church, infact not only actively consistent but well known member of the choir. That Sunday morning, I spoke with the pastor and he answered negative. I could not stay in church, my heart was heavy. I went back to the hostel to cry my heart out in the toilet. I looked back and came to realize that, I am just a tool in the church and the day I become useless, I am disposed.

The church is not really after your service but your money. That is why they honour the rich more than anyone who is doing the so called 'working for God'. They will tell you, these fellas are serving God with their money. Fine, does that make them better than you, but i put it to you, your pastor spend seeral hours praying for them than you, that is if the pastor remember you. I recall, a vigil i was invited to minister with the choir back in the days, 90% of all the prayers made were for the FINANCIERS OF THE CHURCH. At a point i stopped praying and looked at people beside me, to my far left was a guy praying fervently, hitting the wall, behind me was another elderly woman, she so looks wealthy. thefunny thing is, she sat down and was just saying something in the form of prayer i guess. i just shook my head and said within myself, "See one of those we are praying for sit down and me dey here dey nak head for wall, sweating like christmas goat". I confirmed later , she infact is the one we were praying for. A very powerful woman working in the state government. Mind you, am not against one giving to God, if you so believe but like i would always aske tithers, 'WOULD GOD COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN WITH BULLION VAN TO CART AWAY YOUR GIFT, TITHE, OFFERING, SEED AND WHAT HAVE YOU?'

But my challenge was, if I decide to pick a job, I would not have time to serve God as much as I ought to but in the light of recent event. I told myself, “I do not care anymore, I have to survive and to do that, I need something to bring me income whether it clashes with church activities or not. God should understand my situation”.[/b]

Sorry to say, but your church was a terribly backslidden one going by your story. Let's see what the Bible says shall we??
James 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. 2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts? 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? 2:6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Besides Jesus said it will be easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter into God's Kingdom.

So you see that it was d church that had fault, they had d love of money in their eyes.

3 Likes

Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
blessedvisky:

Why did you put that part.? What's wrong with you? I shouted loud and dropped my phone while reading that part. Now I'm in trouble. undecided

You got me cracking bro.. any way am sorry if it scared you.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
blessedvisky:
Post the proposal oo. I'll be needing it. I don't know how to talk to girls cry

I would love to but pardon me, i wont.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
blessedvisky:

Sorry to say, but your church was a terribly backslidden one going by your story. Let's see what the Bible says shall we??
James 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. 2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts? 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? 2:6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Besides Jesus said it will be easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter into God's Kingdom.

So you see that it was d church that had fault, they had d love of money in their eyes.

Let me break protocol because of your manner of approach, These guys are not blind to the verses you quoted, but use it to suit their insatiable greed. I agree with you that the church had the fault but seriously i do not blame anyone for anything that happend to me. It made me stronger, independent and bold to do those things i would not hae done in the first place. Frankly from my perspective, there is not one church that is fautless, that makes me curious about which or what body of christ jesus will come to take to heaven. because, the bible affirms he is coming to take a spotless, faultless, stainless church. and like you will see later in my story, i asked, what is the impact of the holy spirit, prayers, fasting and what have you, that ought to keep christians in total alignemnt to Christ if the aforementions depends on man's willingness and yieldiness. Man naturally cannot do good except he is constrained by one phenomenon or the other to do good. So if as a christian, after all the filling of the holy spirit, praying, digesting the word and all of that, i still lie, cheat, give and recieve bribe, amongst others. Where is the impact?
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FOURTEEN
LOVE IN TOKYO

Don't be ridiculous, even the Bible says to WATCH and pray. A place where safety of lives is of no significance or value, it is God you are blaming? Well, it shows your lack of exposure. There are companies and factories where they take safe work seriously, they are also human beings. You reap what you sow. If a company is carefree and careless with production, storage, movement etc, it will result in more accidents and incidents. You don't cover danger with the blood of Jesus, you remove or avoid the danger. A driver is moving around with faulty vehicle, no brakes, poor light etc and it is God's fault or job if an accident happens? i thought you were now free thinking?

Even Jesus Christ will not work in such a place/area. What is the difference between this and the temptation to jump from the pinnacle of the temple?

The common sense thing to do is to EVACUATE people from the area or condone off the area. You don't even need Holy Ghost or to be born again to know this. Negligence and ignorance is not an excuse. Stop apportioning blame to God, what happened to the management and the people working there? You are driving at production and increase in money, fearing your supervisors, but not fearing God and using your commonsense. Whose fault? It is God's fault that someone burnt himself?
Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

I proposed to her. It was a powerful and Christianly proposal. I can still remember the lyrics, even the most stubborn Christian sister would have considered my proposal. I would have written it here for you to see how mind blowing it is but I don’t want to give bad boys tool to deceive good church girls. So, I’ll keep that to myself. I told her to take her time and give me feedback when she wants to. On the third day- Jesus rose abi. But for me- Love budded. So we started discretely. Mind you, we were determined to make it Christianly and pure as ever, and it was until, we, were no more. So, I left home for school with someone to remind me of home and give me a reason to come home.
You did not tell where or how you involved God in this. But you will be quick to blame God when you ran into problem. God your houseboy should have made sure everything went well.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by Image123(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FIVE
PART ONE
Things were pretty rough for me at the start of being an undergraduate but I was as churchy as ever. Infact, the week I stepped into school, I joined a local branch of the church I attended and the following week, I joined the choir. As time went, my dad could not keep up with the monthly feeding allowance he ought to give. I survived based on goodwill from colleagues and friends. I recall, one of my very close female friend brought food for me one night, and my roommates were shouting that I should not eat the food that it contains “love portion”. That statement made me more eager to eat the food sef. Many offers came my way to write exams for others, jamb, pume amongst others. I would vehemently refuse it. Though even now, I will still not accept such offer as a principle but not due to a religious belief anymore.

You have proven what i have said from the beginning again and again. You were simply religious. You enjoyed it, that was all. You were never righteous, you were never born again. You simply tried to conform, never convert. And when it did not pay your selfish self, you resorted to what seems to pay your selfish self.

I needed money to survive, I had this mentality that, since I was working for God, he would meet my needs. Yea, he ought to but he would not come down to give me money or food or clothing or whatever my need could be. He would use human like me to bless me. But then, with or without comfort or help from anyone, I continued steadfast in the faith. At the beginning of year 2, I could not pay fees, and it is expected that one ought to pay within two weeks or pay extra two thousand naira in another two weeks addition. I went to do laundry with someone, where I got ¼ of my school fees. I ran to the church to LEND me some money and that I would repay back because that was the agreement, I had with my dad. But the pastor told me same old story “no money, blab bla bla”. I was broken inside of me. I felt used. I am not asking to be given, but to lend. I am not a new person in church, infact not only actively consistent but well known member of the choir. That Sunday morning, I spoke with the pastor and he answered negative.

Poor mentality, you never worked for God but for yourself ego and your church/denominations. You were never in the faith, how then can you continue steadfast in the faith? You lived in a unreal world as it were, without plans and on many assumptions. Now, depending on church administration, it is usually very rare to find a church that borrows people money. How many people they wan borrow, i would have advised that you go to individuals(if your pride will allow you), not relying to the church organisation. If the church denomination is buoyant enough to reserve money for charity, or the individual in the office is, that is the rare case where you may get such borrow me help from denominations. It is like any other organisation. You cannot even dare go to your school to borrow money from it, or where you worked. But you can go to individuals there. Unfortunately, that is the way church organisation is usually like. That is organisation, it is everywhere. You deal with these facts and realities, instead of sulking.

I could not stay in church, my heart was heavy. I went back to the hostel to cry my heart out in the toilet. I looked back and came to realize that, I am just a tool in the church and the day I become useless, I am disposed. The church is not really after your service but your money. That is why they honour the rich more than anyone working. But my challenge was, if I decide to pick a job, I would not have time to serve God as much as I ought to but in the light of recent event. I told myself, “I do not care anymore, I have to survive and to do that, I need something to bring me income whether it clashes with church activities or not. God should understand my situation”.
That day, I unlocked my imagination, I began to think business, entrepreneurship. I began to be observant of my environment, what challenges do we have and what solution I can proffer. I came up with a lot of ideas on how I can make money but most of them are time consuming and capital intensive. I looked inward, what can I do? I am a computer literate with good typing skills. So I went to meet a friend who barely uses his laptop. He lend me and I began to typeset projects, term papers and review. I got money to survive but not my school fees. It was my appeal to a brother and some persons in church that made it possible for me to pay.

Self pity. You made yourself a tool, no one made you a tool. It pays to serve God, and it is also good to work in church. But it is not a means to enrich yourself like you hoped. If you want to, there are churches and you yourself mentioned offers where they were willing to PAY you to work in church. This is not God's fault but yours. You made the decisions. Serving God is more than working in church. Working in church is serving the church in most cases. It is a good thing but not priority, especially for one who is not righteous but just a fellow in religious conformity. A true christian could pick up jobs and still serve God in prayers, evangelism, givings, exhortations, faithfulness and righteousness. It is not choir practice and singspiration that is core christian service. What do you think the early church did that was called serving God? You think they were busy taking solos and trios? When you eventually found time to think, you got yourself self employed, meaning you still had time to continue for religiousity if you chose. Why did you not make a difference? Why did you not show all the other people in church how it should be done from the Bible?

After, I successfully paid, fees, I made up my mind that, it will never happen again that, I would be running helter-skelter for school fees till I leave school. And so it was till now. Right there and then, I began to save for the following semester fees. I assumed, I was alone in the world with no one to ask or look after my wellbeing. While I was doing typesetting works, I got part-time job at a cake and catering firm where I learnt a lot of things on catering and cakes. Here, I worked like a slave and got no salary for good 6months before I quit. I stayed because of the knowledge I was gaining but when I could not bear the tantrums from my boss, I quit. I did a lot of other part-time jobs but then, let me take you to the churchy part.[/b]

This should have been done from day 1. You do not have to be foolish(pun intended) to do this.
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART ONE CONTINUE
By the beginning of my third year, I had removed most of my inhibition from being curious. I channeled my time and resources to differentiating between Christ’s doctrine and the church dogma. I vehemently stood against dogmas of my church and frequently engage my music director then. My music director was interested in me since the first day I rehearsed with them. I had no issues with him but when I began to think about how to survive, I was less frequent in rehersals, he began to follow me up. And I told him the situation. I can’t be spending all my non-lecture hours in church and the church do not care what I pass through. I have to fend for myself. So he was very understanding that, he requested that, no matter how tight my schedule is, I should come around to church even if I have to come late for rehersals which I agreed to. Here was the beginning of issues for me at the church.

Now, the choir has a constitution binding on all, one of the rules was on late-coming which one is being punished for. But with my understanding with the director, I was exempted. Na so mouth start to wag oooo. “Why will the director exempt him? Is it because he can sing? Favoritism in church heh?”. I told the Music director, I will refer to him as MD, from henceforth, that, I would partake of the punishment, I don’t like what people are saying, it is the truth but they do not know what predicated upon that decision. So, I began to partake in the punishment whenever I go late.

Now, with all humility, I would like to make this observation, I realize that my intrusion into that choir sparked a lot of things among which was self-realization and a kind of competition. When, I came into the choir, I brought in some ideas-like change song patterns and re-mixing of songs etc. Also, I noticed that after I began to lead in praise/worship, about two other persons learnt how I do things and began to do all I do. It paid off because, in no distant time, they became good as I was but, unfortunately for them, my MD preffered me to all others. But I encouraged them to work on themselves better. Soon, pride set into one of them because he was getting famous than I am sef. Before you could say, jack, he was made choir master. That was because, I successfully dodged it anyway due to my inconsistency. I tutor many of them to become better and work on themselves. A few actually improved and it was a healthy competition but not devoid of rumors and gossips.[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 11:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART ONE CONTINUE
By the beginning of my third year, I had removed most of my inhibition from being curious. I channeled my time and resources to differentiating between Christ’s doctrine and the church dogma. I vehemently stood against dogmas of my church and frequently engage my music director then. My music director was interested in me since the first day I rehearsed with them. I had no issues with him but when I began to think about how to survive, I was less frequent in rehersals, he began to follow me up. And I told him the situation. I can’t be spending all my non-lecture hours in church and the church do not care what I pass through. I have to fend for myself. So he was very understanding that, he requested that, no matter how tight my schedule is, I should come around to church even if I have to come late for rehersals which I agreed to. Here was the beginning of issues for me at the church.

Now, the choir has a constitution binding on all, one of the rules was on late-coming which one is being punished for. But with my understanding with the director, I was exempted. Na so mouth start to wag oooo. “Why will the director exempt him? Is it because he can sing? Favoritism in church heh?”. I told the Music director, I will refer to him as MD, from henceforth, that, I would partake of the punishment, I don’t like what people are saying, it is the truth but they do not know what predicated upon that decision. So, I began to partake in the punishment whenever I go late.

Now, with all humility, I would like to make this observation, I realize that my intrusion into that choir sparked a lot of things among which was self-realization and a kind of competition. When, I came into the choir, I brought in some ideas-like change song patterns and re-mixing of songs etc. Also, I noticed that after I began to lead in praise/worship, about two other persons learnt how I do things and began to do all I do. It paid off because, in no distant time, they became good as I was but, unfortunately for them, my MD preffered me to all others. But I encouraged them to work on themselves better. Soon, pride set into one of them because he was getting famous than I am sef. Before you could say, jack, he was made choir master. That was because, I successfully dodged it anyway due to my inconsistency. I tutor many of them to become better and work on themselves. A few actually improved and it was a healthy competition but not devoid of rumors and gossips.[/b]

How I wish I can sing cry
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 1:02am On Aug 02, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART TWO
Not quite long, a new pastor was transferred to the church. A very spiritual yet radical man. I did not know what he saw in me. But he was a major factor why I was still in the faith till then. He did something that caused a lot of rancor and issues for me. Now, what happened was this, the first Sunday morning, the new pastor worshiped with us, I was the one who lead praise/worship during the worker’s meeting. So when it was service time, someone else was scheduled to lead in praise/worship. But about 5mins into the ministration, the pastor signaled the MD to change the person leading in song. And my MD asked me to take over. I did reluctantly. Since that day, he had consistently interfered in the schedule of the choir insisting that, it was either I or the choir master- bro E. I was not comfortable with that arrangement but this pastor had his way- he is the boss.

More antagonism rose against me within the choir. I do not know if it was so for Bro E but one thing about me is, provided am not guilty, I don’t care. The new pastor was on my neck wanting me to be at every program. I told him it’s not possible, firstly, am a student and secondly, I fend for myself. He first threatened me but I told him, I do not have problem leaving the workforce. I would gladly do that if they can’t bear me with my inconsistency. I can’t leave a job hanging just to come see your beautiful faces at my own detriment. Those days are long gone.

There was one vigil program that was held in church and this invited guest had a prophecy for me. The summary of the prophecy was that, “I would be a great man of God”. I was like, me, a pastor, last thing I want to be. Go and hear well. It is not for me. I did not even bother myself but I notice the way people were looking at me from thence forth was different, see respect, I was embarrassed. The following Sunday, pastor announced that I and two other fellows have been promoted to become Ministers. It was a shock to me, how, when, and why were running through my mind. Since the pastor had so much influence on me, he convinced me to accept the offer. I did, as it came with a position too at the choir, I became choir master 1, bro E-choir master 2. I was made his boss automatically by virtue of me being a minister. This ministerial stuff brought more respect to me, gossips about me went down fast because of “touch not my anointed”. See even if you do not want to be proud as a pastor, the way people treat you like ‘tin god’ is enough to make you proud and mess with their minds. Especially when you are scandal-free.

My being minster was a blow on some ordained minister’s face because even as a new minister, my name was frequent on the roaster than some of them. I never knew most of them were not happy about it until the pastor was transferred and the heat was turned on me. As soon as the pastor left, by then, I had assume the position of MD, I was side-lined from happenings in the church, not called for meetings-though I was not moved by that. But the event that made me resigned the minister-ship was, one Sunday morning, at the worker’s meeting, when the new pastor requested that I lead in prayer. Now, I am someone who do not write prayer points before I pray. It flows naturally into my medulla oblongata. All I need is a bible verse or passage to start with and that’s how I do mine. So as soon as the pastor informed me that it was time to pray, I picked my bible as usual and was about to go to the alter to lead in prayer. One of the ministers cornered me, forcefully collected my bible and told me to go up there to pray and not to preach. It was so fast that, no one noticed it and I do not want to create a scene, I left without the bible to the altar. I was already destabilized, I did my best but after that, that was the last time I went up to that alter to do anything outside to sing.
Now, see the analysis, this Yoruba boy don do do do, overtake everyone for choir, now he is the MD in 2 ½ years. He has infiltrated the Pastorage, if we let him, we all shall be doing “sir” to him. So they began to frustrate my effort. And to avoid more embarrassment, I quit joining them for anything. I was never interested in the first place and I think what triggered that ministerial move from the pastor was that prophecy. Which I later confirmed, it was.[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART TWO
Not quite long, a new pastor was transferred to the church. A very spiritual yet radical man. I did not know what he saw in me. But he was a major factor why I was still in the faith till then. He did something that caused a lot of rancor and issues for me. Now, what happened was this, the first Sunday morning, the new pastor worshiped with us, I was the one who lead praise/worship during the worker’s meeting. So when it was service time, someone else was scheduled to lead in praise/worship. But about 5mins into the ministration, the pastor signaled the MD to change the person leading in song. And my MD asked me to take over. I did reluctantly. Since that day, he had consistently interfered in the schedule of the choir insisting that, it was either I or the choir master- bro E. I was not comfortable with that arrangement but this pastor had his way- he is the boss.

More antagonism rose against me within the choir. I do not know if it was so for Bro E but one thing about me is, provided am not guilty, I don’t care. The new pastor was on my neck wanting me to be at every program. I told him it’s not possible, firstly, am a student and secondly, I fend for myself. He first threatened me but I told him, I do not have problem leaving the workforce. I would gladly do that if they can’t bear me with my inconsistency. I can’t leave a job hanging just to come see your beautiful faces at my own detriment. Those days are long gone.

There was one vigil program that was held in church and this invited guest had a prophecy for me. The summary of the prophecy was that, “I would be a great man of God”. I was like, me, a pastor, last thing I want to be. Go and hear well. It is not for me. I did not even bother myself but I notice the way people were looking at me from thence forth was different, see respect, I was embarrassed. The following Sunday, pastor announced that I and two other fellows have been promoted to become Ministers. It was a shock to me, how, when, and why were running through my mind. Since the pastor had so much influence on me, he convinced me to accept the offer. I did, as it came with a position too at the choir, I became choir master 1, bro E-choir master 2. I was made his boss automatically by virtue of me being a minister. This ministerial stuff brought more respect to me, gossips about me went down fast because of “touch not my anointed”. See even if you do not want to be proud as a pastor, the way people treat you like ‘tin god’ is enough to make you proud and mess with their minds. Especially when you are scandal-free.

My being minster was a blow on some ordained minister’s face because even as a new minister, my name was frequent on the roaster than some of them. I never knew most of them were not happy about it until the pastor was transferred and the heat was turned on me. As soon as the pastor left, by then, I had assume the position of MD, I was side-lined from happenings in the church, not called for meetings-though I was not moved by that. But the event that made me resigned the minister-ship was, one Sunday morning, at the worker’s meeting, when the new pastor requested that I lead in prayer. Now, I am someone who do not write prayer points before I pray. It flows naturally into my medulla oblongata. All I need is a bible verse or passage to start with and that’s how I do mine. So as soon as the pastor informed me that it was time to pray, I picked my bible as usual and was about to go to the alter to lead in prayer. One of the ministers cornered me, forcefully collected my bible and told me to go up there to pray and not to preach. It was so fast that, no one noticed it and I do not want to create a scene, I left without the bible to the altar. I was already destabilized, I did my best but after that, that was the last time I went up to that alter to do anything outside to sing.
Now, see the analysis, this Yoruba boy don do do do, overtake everyone for choir, now he is the MD in 2 ½ years. He has infiltrated the Pastorage, if we let him, we all shall be doing “sir” to him. So they began to frustrate my effort. And to avoid more embarrassment, I quit joining them for anything. I was never interested in the first place and I think what triggered that ministerial move from the pastor was that prophecy. Which I later confirmed, it was.[/b]

As I said before, it's your church that had problems
They were carnal, jealous, you can see that easily yourself.

As my Pastor would say, there are more administrative pastors than spiritual ones.
Thank God you are yoruba. I'm sure you must seen or heard of cases where elders, deacons, pastors, coordinators etc have been ordained, not for their labour for Christ, but for the money and material wealth they possess.

We both know that this is wrong and anti-christian. It has nothing to do with God or his word.

Also, care must be taken about the Pastor of a church. The most important person in a church is d shepherd/Pastor. A case where pastors are frequently transferred to and from your local assembly is detrimental to growth. A Pastor is d one responsible for the growth of a particular assembly.

When the pastors are transferred frequently, what happens us that cabals begin to form in that church, and they become so strong that any new and inexperienced Pastor transferred there will find it difficult to control them. He will have to bow to them
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
blessedvisky:

As I said before, it's your church that had problems
They were carnal, jealous, you can see that easily yourself.

As my Pastor would say, there are more administrative pastors than spiritual ones.
Thank God you are yoruba. I'm sure you must seen or heard of cases where elders, deacons, pastors, coordinators etc have been ordained, not for their labour for Christ, but for the money and material wealth they possess.

We both know that this is wrong and anti-christian. It has nothing to do with God or his word.

Also, care must be taken about the Pastor of a church. The most important person in a church is d shepherd/Pastor. A case where pastors are frequently transferred to and from your local assembly is detrimental to growth. A Pastor is d one responsible for the growth of a particular assembly.

When the pastors are transferred frequently, what happens us that cabals begin to form in that church, and they become so strong that any new and inexperienced Pastor transferred there will find it difficult to control them. He will have to bow to them

I am still gonna reply you with what i said earlier, but this time not as a question but as an observation. The function of the holy spirit, newness of life and what have you that makes you have a spiritual edge over an unbeliever is almost null because at one point in time the human nature sets in. hence, pastors default, members default.. How is then perfect.. who is then actually saved because, if you ask Apostle John, he said, HE THAT IS BORN OF GOD, SINNETH NOT, ask Jesus, he said, YOU CANT PUT A NEW WINE IN AN OLD WINE SKIN, hence, jesus has cleansed you and made you a new wine skin thats why you are a new creature, OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY, you are brand new. So tell me, how does a brand new soul, person, still exhibit old tendencies? What value is this newness if indeed i cant be holy for 24hours and till forever? So if these pastors are exhibiting an unchristian characteristics.. it means only one thing.. something is definitely wrong with the message, not the carrier. cos the carrier is a function of the message.The message ought to preserve the carrier- if you need a clue (Watch bulletproof monk movie)
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART TWO CONTINUM
I faced the choir squarely and began some reformations. There were a lot of factions in the choir. I ensured I killed the factions and promote love through weekly visitation to member houses and things improved. But something was missing. The church has developed an i-don’t-care attitude towards her needy members and infact she is milking them of the little they have. 90% of the choir consist of students seriously having one or two challenges ranging from finance to in-house issues but what do we hear every Sunday, if it is not tithe, it is seed sowing, or covenant seed, or giving to God. No practicality of what is being preached.

There was this quiet lady who was consistent in church, barely comes late to church. Though I noticed her but I was in my own world too anyway but I do know that’s going on around me. Suddenly, we no longer see her for over a month. I began to make enquiry. Lo and behold! No one in the church knew where she lives. I was furious. I mean, not one soul has an idea. Something then struck me, that even I, myself, since I came to the church, no one knows where I live, yea though in the hostel but no one knows the room nor have even attempt visiting me.

I began to make enquiry about her, I got no concrete information but it was confirmed, she was severely sick and out of town for treatment. Also it came to my notice that, she had been meeting with the pastor for prayers over her sickness but nothing happened until it became severe and her parents took her somewhere unknown to get cure for her. So God cannot even have pity on his faithfuls. Because since 2010, I have not had any reason to use major drugs- let me clarify what I mean by major drugs, I mean, tablets and what have you. I take fruits instead. I do fall sick but I do not use drugs before I get well. In two-three days, I would be just fine.

Then, I used to think, it is divine health- My dear, it is not divine health, it is a function of healthy habits, strong immune system amongst other things. That reminds me of the day I engaged a brother in church about the dogma of divine health. It was not funny when he resorted to blind belief in it. I told him, I am not trying to convince him, I am only refuting him. My take on divine health is this: if you say you have divine health, the questions you need to answer are as follows;

1. Have you ever fallen sick before no matter how minute since you are in Christ? -afterall, only faithful Christians enjoy divine health. I know the answer is NO. Then, it is flawed because, one having divine health actually implies, you can’t be ill since you are divine health-wise. Thus when, you fall sick, or feel depressed, or feel sad, or feel emotional, all are symptoms of several different kind of unhealthiness. And I am 100% sure, at one time or the other, we have and we still do feel these things. So, sorry, you do not have divine health. Even the major promoter of that dogma almost lost his wife some years ago- (funny isn’t it)-Divine health indeed! Mind you, there is nothing like divine healing too cos in the first place, anything divine ought not to be subjected to anything un-divine such as sickness. So, the word “divine” negates and implicates the healing. Healing has to do with restoration to good health (which ought to be divine) meaning there is a deviation from the divine nature. And all things being equal, it is not possible. Like I said, earlier, there is nothing divine about health.

2. Let’s assume there is divine health, all things being equal, all faithful Christians should exhibit it as a natural inheritance. Please, don’t tell me you have to invoke/command/pray it from the word of God and whatever your faith-healing pastor has brain-washed you with because, you did not invoke/command/pray puberty, growth and many other natural things that happens to us. Why should divine health be exceptional amongst other vital things we need.[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by meshi1990(m): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2016
Ride on Dankol
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART TWO COUNTUNEEED
Back to my story, about 2 months later, this lady showed up in church. I was shocked to see her because, for me, I would not go back to that church. But I was impressed, she was not angry with anyone but infact grateful to God for restoring her life. I was thinking, why did that God not restore you here before you left for god-knows-where, and you came back to praise the God who could not save you here where you worship him. Well, thank God, she is hale and hearty, that’s the most important thing.

But within me, I was feeling bad and I decided to compensate her for the negligence of the church. During that time, we had a concert which marked my actual leaving of the church workforce. Part of the proceedings from the concert was used to buy provisions for her. Moreso, I ensured that, the choir went to know her place and we merry with the family, prayed for her and the family. It was a great feeling to love and be loved. Till today, that lady always greet me with both knees on the ground and has developed a very keen interest in my welfare.
The concert I mentioned above, was the last major activity I was involved with in the church. What happened? The choir began to put the concert together with the consent of the church management. So we brought our estimation to the pastor at first, he promised to support us with 50% of it. I was glad. So preparation was in earnest. So a week to the D-day, we began to seek fund. I went to the pastor, he began to give me excuses.. ehmm the church is looking for money to complete the land money bla bla bla . I told him, this concert had been in the pipeline for long and that the amount we need is not even what anyone would think twice before giving us. He said, he can’t guarantee they will give us a kobo. I said, fine. I walked straight to the choir and informed them, “We are no longer having the concert. It is cancelled till further notice”.

Every member of the choir rose against that decision and that, they will fund it, if the church would not. I felt so bad and angry at the church and thinking, “is there anything, just one thing the church can do for her people”-mind you this may not be generalized to some churches which are a bit more responsive to her members. This concert is not in my name, it’s in the church’s name, glory will be to the church. So even to fund a program on behalf of the church, a program they want, but not ready to fund. I told myself, its high time left. I can’t cope anymore with this shit called working in the church or working for God.

Now it was because, the church had no hand in the funding that made them agree that, the proceedings will not be taken from the choir. It was used to settle some debts, appreciate that lady and the change left in the choir purse. After that concert, I told the pastor, I needed to rest and I will no longer be active as usual. Now, let me say, as soon as I assumed being the MD, I took up responsibility to put more time in church activities. So I am not withdrawing partially like before, I am withdrawing totally but not immediately. Moreover, it affected my CGPAseriously.

Afterall, I will be due for Internship soon. So I urge the pastor to begin the search for a replacement. Well, I already have one in mind. At first, he would not agree, I leave. But later when he barely sees me in church, he called me one Sunday, I went to church and asked me to give him a replacement, which I did. And immediately, I was relieved.[/b]
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by segmond(m): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
Nice one bro
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
dankol:
[b]CHAPTER FIFTEEN
PART TWO CONTINUM
I faced the choir squarely and began some reformations. There were a lot of factions in the choir. I ensured I killed the factions and promote love through weekly visitation to member houses and things improved. But something was missing. The church has developed an i-don’t-care attitude towards her needy members and infact she is milking them of the little they have. 90% of the choir consist of students seriously having one or two challenges ranging from finance to in-house issues but what do we hear every Sunday, if it is not tithe, it is seed sowing, or covenant seed, or giving to God. No practicality of what is being preached.

There was this quiet lady who was consistent in church, barely comes late to church. Though I noticed her but I was in my own world too anyway but I do know that’s going on around me. Suddenly, we no longer see her for over a month. I began to make enquiry. Lo and behold! No one in the church knew where she lives. I was furious. I mean, not one soul has an idea. Something then struck me, that even I, myself, since I came to the church, no one knows where I live, yea though in the hostel but no one knows the room nor have even attempt visiting me.

I began to make enquiry about her, I got no concrete information but it was confirmed, she was severely sick and out of town for treatment. Also it came to my notice that, she had been meeting with the pastor for prayers over her sickness but nothing happened until it became severe and her parents took her somewhere unknown to get cure for her. So God cannot even have pity on his faithfuls. Because since 2010, I have not had any reason to use major drugs- let me clarify what I mean by major drugs, I mean, tablets and what have you. I take fruits instead. I do fall sick but I do not use drugs before I get well. In two-three days, I would be just fine.

Then, I used to think, it is divine health- My dear, it is not divine health, it is a function of healthy habits, strong immune system amongst other things. That reminds me of the day I engaged a brother in church about the dogma of divine health. It was not funny when he resorted to blind belief in it. I told him, I am not trying to convince him, I am only refuting him. My take on divine health is this: if you say you have divine health, the questions you need to answer are as follows;

1. Have you ever fallen sick before no matter how minute since you are in Christ? -afterall, only faithful Christians enjoy divine health. I know the answer is NO. Then, it is flawed because, one having divine health actually implies, you can’t be ill since you are divine health-wise. Thus when, you fall sick, or feel depressed, or feel sad, or feel emotional, all are symptoms of several different kind of unhealthiness. And I am 100% sure, at one time or the other, we have and we still do feel these things. So, sorry, you do not have divine health. Even the major promoter of that dogma almost lost his wife some years ago- (funny isn’t it)-Divine health indeed! Mind you, there is nothing like divine healing too cos in the first place, anything divine ought not to be subjected to anything un-divine such as sickness. So, the word “divine” negates and implicates the healing. Healing has to do with restoration to good health (which ought to be divine) meaning there is a deviation from the divine nature. And all things being equal, it is not possible. Like I said, earlier, there is nothing divine about health.

2. Let’s assume there is divine health, all things being equal, all faithful Christians should exhibit it as a natural inheritance. Please, don’t tell me you have to invoke/command/pray it from the word of God and whatever your faith-healing pastor has brain-washed you with because, you did not invoke/command/pray puberty, growth and many other natural things that happens to us. Why should divine health be exceptional amongst other vital things we need.[/b]

Hmmm. The insults have started creeping in Little by little into the story.

Well, I don't know about divine health, coz I know how and what makes people sick (I'm a medical student)
But I can confidently tell you there is divine healing.

I've been healed of GASTRIC ULCER without taking drugs at all before. Of course my Pastor prayed for me and it went. Don't say it's my immune system response coz immune system doesn't have anything to do with it.
If you say divine healing doesn't exist, then you are in for a long thing.

Ps I won't be surprised if Nobody had gotten healed in your (former?) church. God's power doesn't work through unworthy vessels( I mean the leaders of that church you were doing choir master).

I challenge you to read through the book of Acts,taking note of those who did miracles. They were all faithful men given to prayer, fasting, evangelism and were very involved in serving God.

Read about Peter Paul Philip Steven Barnabbas John Silas. All in the book of Acts. They were faithful men to the Lord and his work, not some old folks who didn't want others with potential to become ministers and outshine them.

Apostle James wrote :
James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Now if she( the sick woman) had called for the elders in that your church, do you think anything would have happened?. undecided

But that your Pastor sef gan. I'm sure he was just an administrative Pastor i.e appointed Pastor . As believers, when we make vows, we are supposed to keep them!!
Ecclesiastes 5:4 When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Ecclesiastes 5:5 Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.

That Pastor seriously lacks some basic Christian knowledge. Till today, if someone asks me for money and I don't have it, I will not promise it to you. That's lying on your Pastor's part.
Apostle James says that a double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Your Pastor needs to read that
James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Peace
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by blessedvisky(m): 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
dankol:

I am still gonna reply you with what i said earlier, but this time not as a question but as an observation. The function of the holy spirit, newness of life and what have you that makes you have a spiritual edge over an unbeliever is almost null because at one point in time the human nature sets in. hence, pastors default, members default.. How is then perfect.. who is then actually saved because, if you ask Apostle John, he said, HE THAT IS BORN OF GOD, SINNETH NOT, ask Jesus, he said, YOU CANT PUT A NEW WINE IN AN OLD WINE SKIN, hence, jesus has cleansed you and made you a new wine skin thats why you are a new creature, OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY, you are brand new. So tell me, how does a brand new soul, person, still exhibit old tendencies? What value is this newness if indeed i cant be holy for 24hours and till forever? So if these pastors are exhibiting an unchristian characteristics.. it means only one thing.. something is definitely wrong with the message, not the carrier. cos the carrier is a function of the message.The message ought to preserve the carrier- if you need a clue (Watch bulletproof monk movie)
I'm still looking for the movie. A download link perhaps 。?。
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by dankol: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
blessedvisky:

Hmmm. The insults have started creeping in Little by little into the story.

Well, I don't know about divine health, coz I know how and what makes people sick (I'm a medical student)
But I can confidently tell you there is divine healing.

I've been healed of GASTRIC ULCER without taking drugs at all before. Of course my Pastor prayed for me and it went. Don't say it's my immune system response coz immune system doesn't have anything to do with it.
If you say divine healing doesn't exist, then you are in for a long thing.

Ps I won't be surprised if Nobody had gotten healed in your (former?) church. God's power doesn't work through unworthy vessels( I mean the leaders of that church you were doing choir master).

I challenge you to read through the book of Acts,taking note of those who did miracles. They were all faithful men given to prayer, fasting, evangelism and were very involved in serving God.

Read about Peter Paul Philip Steven Barnabbas John Silas. All in the book of Acts. They were faithful men to the Lord and his work, not some old folks who didn't want others with potential to become ministers and outshine them.

Apostle James wrote :
James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Now if she( the sick woman) had called for the elders in that your church, do you think anything would have happened?. undecided

But that your Pastor sef gan. I'm sure he was just an administrative Pastor i.e appointed Pastor . As believers, when we make vows, we are supposed to keep them!!
Ecclesiastes 5:4 When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Ecclesiastes 5:5 Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.

That Pastor seriously lacks some basic Christian knowledge. Till today, if someone asks me for money and I don't have it, I will not promise it to you. That's lying on your Pastor's part.
Apostle James says that a double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Your Pastor needs to read that
James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Peace

Seriously, can you please point out where i insulted anyone? i would like take note and appologize if deem fit.
Fine being a medical student makes this easier and its baffling hear from a medical student who believes in divine healing not profession-wise but religious-wise. Fine.. can we start from the definition of both terms
"divine" - of, from, or like God or a god. and
"healing".- the process of making or becoming sound or healthy again.
Combine both: the process of making or becoming sound or healthy from God. pardon if my combination seems rough
Now, the implication of the above statement is.. IF GOD CREATED ALL HUMAN, HE DID NOT CREATE US PERFECT (this negates the scripture)
ALSO A PERFECT CREATOR PURPOSELY CREATED AN IMPERFECT BEING TO SUBJECT THEM TO DIVINE HEALING (maybe as a means to keep them subject to him)- if that is the case, then, all those subject to this creator ought not to suffer sickness atleast not for long because they are loyal, obedient subject and hence they get rewarded for it.
Now you mentioned how you were healed of some stomach issue.. may i remind you, something similar killed a bossom friend of mine, a devot christian to the best of my knowledge. Must your pastor pray for you to get healed? how many of such cases of healing can you confirm to be true. Sorry to say, yours is just one percieved healing out of several unhealed fellas. I challenge you to prove the divine healing theory, pick a patient you know is at critical stage and take him to your pastor for healing.. If such happens, pls come here with evidence (video).
Let me give you my testimony, For the past six years, I have never used drugs when i fall sick. I just get healed naturally after two days rest with good food. No pastor's prayer, no personal prayer nor religious activities attached.. What do you call that?

Bro, i did not write this story to convert anyone, pls hold on to whatever religious theory you have. Moreso, i gave the theory, the benefit of the doubt in question two. Dont you have response for that?
Re: FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion by CHARLOE(m): 7:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
@dankol, nice write up so far n very compelling. Plz go ahead n turn it into a book/eBook, more pple nid to hear ur story, cos there are millions of confused pple in ur former shoes. D shackles of religion is bin broken, even d African is beginning to c, praise d lord somebody!
@image123, no nid wasting ur time, u can't stop a moving train, a revival has started.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christians, Churches And Tithes Are Not Nigeria's Underdevelopment Problems / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. / Peace And Safety, The Rapture Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 315
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.