Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (43611 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by iswallker(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2016
fflamingo:
it is fun to me sha, I accumulate one week game on a slip, staking 200 and most time payout is about 150k, I've been betting since mid 2015 have only won thrice and all three payout were about 150k., when I won my first bet I attempted playing above what I can afford to lose, 1k,5k etc, when I lost those heavy stake I experienced what the op listed above. which isn't fun.

dont mind those guys...you got the man city vs real game.....btts NO.... grin

how can i get sure games from you... grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by boss1310(m): 10:56am On May 05, 2016
That thing is a bad habit.on Saturday I won 76k I immediately paid 6k into my bet9ja account and have lost 4k off it since then cos am targeting their millions which has been elusive and have taken more money than I ve won.
I will say I will stop but after business hours I will just pick my phone to place bet.never been addicted to anything in my life but gradually I will stop this one abeg

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 10:59am On May 05, 2016
The way baba ijebu chop my hard earned money en,I no fit gamble again

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by macaranta(m): 11:00am On May 05, 2016
Well said...even if you win ,you "reinvest" into more gambling
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 11:00am On May 05, 2016
To all gamblers...

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:00am On May 05, 2016
Some Nigerians sef, too religious, faking moral uprightness but they are simply wolves in sheeps clothing.
OP you no dey gamble abi but you dey shine "congo" wellaz?
You no dey gamble but you dey drink booze wellaz?
Remember,
He without sin should cast the first stone!
Who no dey gamble sef?
- if you buy church lottery ticket so you go win tv/ motorcycle, na gamble be that!

- You spend 10naira on sms to win MTN promo, na still gamble

- if You spend 100naira so you go fit enter who wants to be a millionaire game show, na still gamble be that!

Yet u wan criticize people, OP who you don epp!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by DJBIGGY(m): 11:00am On May 05, 2016
sport betting is a systemic way of swindling people.. even if you think you are winning, you will end up losing the more you play. The system is programmed to make you win little at the early stage which will raise hopes up. AS times go on when your tempted to invest heavily, you money will be zapped like the way etisalat gulps easyblaze data.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by olagamalin(m): 11:01am On May 05, 2016
Lasveg:
Op ur very correct. I once lost my school fees thru betting and had to withdraw my admission for one session. Since then, i've never gone back to betting.
I'm not judging bro, but don't you think you need Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 11:04am On May 05, 2016
fflamingo:
it is fun to me sha, I accumulate one week game on a slip, staking 200 and most time payout is about 150k, I've been betting since mid 2015 have only won thrice and all three payout were about 150k., when I won my first bet I attempted playing above what I can afford to lose, 1k,5k etc, when I lost those heavy stake I experienced what the op listed above. which isn't fun.
No be dummies full here o
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by hrhobi1(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2016
@op I bet for fun, and I bet only on weekends. I bet or stake not more than 500 naira which I can afford to lose. Also I have my trend TV cable @ home to watch almost all matches and I bet to compliment my watching of these matches. I have 3 keke marwas working for me and they each balance 15k weekly so I can always deduct 500 naira from my 45k to catch fun on bets. I have also worn 120k nd 59k on betnaija.

So every man to him own palava.

9 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by olagamalin(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2016
Omotayor123:
On point OP.
And at the End they Feel useless and used.
Letz say NO to Gambling, there are better things you can spend your time and money on.

Be an Enterpreneur!
Sister , before you "enter" English language ...be mindful that the real owners prefer "Entrepreneur" smiley

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 11:06am On May 05, 2016
No matter how you try to discourage people from betting, guys will always go back to play more irrespective of their losses. Reason being that, you hold a ticket worth N10million and you only staked N100. This life changing dream of becoming a millionaire overnight using just N100 is the brain behind guys never intended to stop.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by olagamalin(m): 11:06am On May 05, 2016
Akposkool:
stake for fun? Are you serious. Except you don't get your money through hardwork. There is no such thing as staking for fun. Every one that bets does so to earn more money.
look at the bright side .....@least, he got his prediction on BTTS right.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by jesuspikinjp(m): 11:08am On May 05, 2016
op say that 2 number to someone who won 11 million pounds in UK lottery yesterday. having 11 million pounds sitting in your bank account what do you call that if not a success ?

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by MissBN(f): 11:09am On May 05, 2016
OP, you're so right...
When i was in year one, a brilliant coursemate started betting, got addicted, finished his pocket money, sold his kissable laptop of more than #150k for just #30k, used his schoolfees n other dues on betting, lied and extorted money from his parents, this rich kid started borrowing money up and down, made so many enemies cuz he never pays back.....

At the end of the day, he scarsely win, couldn't pay up, started running away from school... This guy even sold out his sweet apartment with properties for peanuts...

Now this dude is nowhere to be found, we're in our third year and we don't know his whereabout.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by akuracy(m): 11:12am On May 05, 2016
Lasveg:
Op ur very correct. I once lost my school fees thru betting and had to withdraw my admission for one session. Since then, i've never gone back to betting.
Excuse me, is your name Joseph Sule ?
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by PossibleUN: 11:17am On May 05, 2016
Op thanks for this information. I am once a victim of all you listed above. Thank God for my life today. Say no to gambling.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by LaExpert: 11:21am On May 05, 2016
I have nothing to say, but lemme quote from a betting website's rules.

Player responsibility checklist
1· You should only ever play for fun. If you's playing in an
attempt to win back losses, you are playing for the wrong
reason.

2· You should only ever play with money that you've set aside
for entertainment - not money that you need for basic living
expenses. Never play with borrowed money.

3· Gaming is not intended to damage your relationship with
family and friends. If you find that it's beginning to do so,
you need to stop.

Furthermore;

Recognizing your problem

You MUST stop betting if;

1· You are finding it difficult to control the time and money
you spend on gambling.

2· You are always thinking about gambling and finding it
difficult to concentrate on anything else.

3· You are experiencing financial difficulties.

4. You are neglecting responsibilities like family, work, or
your schooling because of gambling.

5· You are borrowing money so that you can pay for
gambling.

6· You lie about your gambling or hide it altogether.

7· You argue with your family and friends about your gambling.
8· You see gambling as a way of getting out of financial
trouble.

9· You have lost your interest in your usual hobbies, activities, or friends.

10· You constantly feel the need to gamble with larger amounts of money.

Tips for using
1. Never bet more than you can afford.
2.Never play when tired or under the influence of alcohol.
3. Set a limit on your deposits or stakes.
4. Once you've reached winnings, put a little aside and play
with the remaining money.
5. Do not get yourself into debt in order to play.

www.betrevolution.net/miniFrame.jsp?openpage=i18n/infomenu.jsp&show=rules

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by bastien: 11:23am On May 05, 2016
DJBIGGY:
sport betting is a systemic way of swindling people.. even if you think you are winning, you will end up losing the more you play. The system is programmed to make you win little at the early stage which will raise hopes up. AS times go on when your tempted to invest heavily, you money will be zapped like the way etisalat gulps easyblaze data.
abeg stop saying what u don't know, who program football match? Smh

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by kingthreat(m): 11:23am On May 05, 2016
I play sport betting and I win 30% of the time. Its fun. I dont put my mind too much into it. Thays why they say bet wisely.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by ehix89(m): 11:24am On May 05, 2016
It gives one a false illusion about life.....if I play this #200 win #2million, I go buy car,then start business, use the rest pay landlord, funny enough you never stop loosing money grin the circle goes on and on and on.......make them just ban those bet houses sef cause they never run at lose.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:25am On May 05, 2016
Lasveg:

God loves you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 11:27am On May 05, 2016
Do the Maths since I started playing games I use to keep record of my gains and loses (I play online dou) for the past 1yr I've won 368k and lost 59k. it's not a habit for me dou I see it as fun and it keeps me busy sometimes mostly weekends.

OP I'm winning bro so ain't stopping.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 11:28am On May 05, 2016
Michellla:
try telling that to those touts grin
hey not every punter is a tout
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by gbens2000(m): 11:28am On May 05, 2016
OP,U try sha.but I still dey collect on an average every month so am still safe. grin.i need games for this weekend who get ibeg I need Jez 20 to 30 odds
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 11:29am On May 05, 2016
REALLY BUT

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:30am On May 05, 2016
servicegiver:
Besides, once you become addicted, you become useless to self, family and society! Please don't comtemplate going into betting and if you are, ask God to take it off your mind and be determined to stop it.

Look for an alternative, but genuine, reliable and Godline means of generating Passive income...this is your only guranteed means of becoming wealthy and happy in life!

Cheers!

Thank You
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Nobody: 11:31am On May 05, 2016
Alexas58:
8 Reasons why you need to stop sport betting and gambling:

1) Emotional depression and anger
people who are core gamblers are often found to be emotionally depressed when they lose a huge sum of money,and they are always angry when they remember the amount of money they have lost and the meaningful things they could have done with their money,they become depressed again..like my guy tosyne2much anytime his slip cuts he will start fuming and quareling pple up and down.

2) They are never sucessful
i have never seen a man who gambles and is sucessful in life,Gamblers are never sucessful instead the money that they are meant to use to invest into their business.they will use it and go and play bet9ja and loose and come and start wailing.

3) They are always indebted
when they have exhausted the money within their position as a result of loosing massively,they go into borrowing and most times they use their personal belongings as collateral,i have seen where a man staked his wifes pot of soup to gamble and he lost it at the spot.

4) They resort to stealing
when noone agrees to borrow them money again to fufil their gambling desires,cos of the debt they have incured upon themselves,they resort into stealing stuffs so they can sell and get money to gamble.

5) Lying
all gamblers are liers,they can coook up lies to their parents,bosses and even bosses as to avoid questioning on how they spent the money that was given to them.

6) Deteriorates your physical health
If you have been gambling on a regular basis your physical health is at stake. People who gamble impulsively start neglecting their health. Additionally, the stress of the gambling obsession can even cause stress on your heart, particularly after shocking monetary losses. The emotional fall can in fact have an effect on your physical body in negative ways.

7) Losing friends
You might be wondering how this habit of yours will make you lose friends. Well, if you are in a habit of gambling then it is more likely that if not today maybe later you’ll borrow money from them. Chances are you’ll not be able to pay them in time due to frequent losses. This will really cause strain in your relations. In addition, your addiction will make you ignore your friends as you will be preoccupied with gambling. You may then even miss social outings and some very important events.

8} It makes you lose your aim and vision in life
When your life is all about gambling and just gambling, it then becomes your primary activity. All of your vigor, motivation, energy and inspiration are only gambling related and you tend to lose focus on the main aspects of your life. If you have any special talents or hobbies, it is most likely that these hobbies will not be given priority and you’ll choose to ignore them

at these point leme draw the curtain... Seun food don done

My friend won N2.7m last 2 week,so i really don't know what it is you talking about.

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Michellla(f): 11:31am On May 05, 2016
bjhaid:
hey not every punter is a tout
you couldnt smell the sarcasm from a mile away

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by openmine(m): 11:32am On May 05, 2016
no woman loves a gambling husband unless he is a constant 'winner' grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s ! / Female Facebook Queen Narrates How She Rejected An Offer But Ended Up Buying It / Angry Mob Invades Shoprite In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.