Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States (35876 Views)

Buhari Asked Me To Visit Oil Producing States- Osinbajo / Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. / Aje Oil Field Lagos With Pixs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by emi14: 8:05am On May 04, 2016
Super1Star:
Ondo is oil producing.

Lagos has joined.

Waiting for Ogun.

The land of Oduduwa is just too blessed.

Who God has blessed, no man can curse.

Haters can off Olumo Rock for all I care.

Why all these nasty comments? Who is cursing you? Show me the blessings oil have given you in Nigerians. Nigeria is cursed because of oil.

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Fundango: 8:05am On May 04, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
every oil in Nigeria belongs to the Niger Delta- even the one for lake Chad!
minus the one @Kogi state. grin
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by emi14: 8:06am On May 04, 2016
Super1Star:
Ondo is oil producing.

Lagos has joined.

Waiting for Ogun.

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by emi14: 8:07am On May 04, 2016
Why all these nasty comments? Who is cursing you? Show me the blessings oil have given you in Nigerians. Nigeria is cursed because of oil.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by victorvezx(m): 8:07am On May 04, 2016
GreatSE:
STALE NEWS........ Even Anambra oil is far bigger than what they believe the well will produce, its far less than what One well in my community produces out of the 35 wells we have in EGI Rivers...... its less than 5,000 barrels per day that is even if its true. grin
IPob tout, this news too pain u die. if u read the news well, it said Lagos will producing 40,000 barrels of oil per day, and not 5000 that is produced in your anambra state

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by engrhorla(m): 8:08am On May 04, 2016
Lagos too don join Niger-Delta be that... grin

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by codemaniacs: 8:10am On May 04, 2016
comos:
The oil belongs to nigeria not lagos.

Niger Detan can lay claim to it

A yoruba family has already claimed it and they claimed it because they were the ones doing the explorations.

the problem with Niger Delta is they depend and wait for FG too much....

When GEJ was in power all he had to do was use someone as a "front" and register a crude oil business that will be "owned" by an ijaw person and build a refinery and the income stays in the SS..

21 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 8:12am On May 04, 2016
GreatSE:
[s]STALE NEWS........ Even Anambra oil is far bigger than what they believe the well will produce, its far less than what One well in my community produces out of the 35 wells we have in EGI Rivers...... its less than 5,000 barrels per day that is even if its true[/s]. grin
Bad belle go and sit down. I smell the voice of Truckpusher here. Leave Anambra out of this. Ndigbo is happy with this news from the west.

17 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Shedybliss98(m): 8:13am On May 04, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Richest state in Nigeria.
With way they are discovering new oil fields in Borno, Chad Basin, Anambra and Imo mehn Niger deltans it's a pity your Governors couldn't develop Southsouth with your 13% oil derivation and Personal income tax.

I just can't imagine how Southsouth states will cope with the oil Glut in Nigeria soon

fu**k you ,it's the same money gotten from there that is being stolen by your governor and dullard president.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Menace2Society(m): 8:15am On May 04, 2016
hassan85:
OIL MAIDUGURI, LAGOS NOU! SOON IT WILL BE NASARAWA AND EKITI MAYBE ONDO TOO. WELL IT MIGHT HELP REDUCE D STUPID NOISE FROM WAILERS AND COULD ALSO INCREASE D CURSE IN NIGERIA.

GOD HELP NIGERIA
undecided
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by after1: 8:15am On May 04, 2016
CSTR2:
I have been hearing this since 2010, yet the. NDDC just somehow never recognizes Lagos.
The government of Lagos must be obsessed with phantom oil.
Oil that nobody else can see.

Jealousy will send you to early grave, too much hatred and sorrow in your heart.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 8:16am On May 04, 2016
emi14:
don't mind them. even if they discover oil in all 36states .. Nigerians will still queue to buy fuel at hike price

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by after1: 8:17am On May 04, 2016
Chiwude:
I tell you! It's good news for Nigeria and bad news for the 'We South/South'. Nobody is gonna hold the country to ransom again, or foolishly scream 'our oyel' 'our oyel'. Haha! How I pray oil is discovered in the chad basin and even in the fringes of Sokoto make everybody begin answer their papa name. Na then some people eye go clear.
Cheers to Lagos and the S/W.

God bless you my broda.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by OkoNDOoBo: 8:19am On May 04, 2016
IPOD states
Anambra-produces 5000(dem never join sef)
Imo- produces. 10000
Abia--don"t know but Imo state is the highest oil producing state in south east

YOLOBA states
Ondo- the Fifth highest producer
Lagos-- produces 40 barrels should be the Sixth highest producer.
Ogun state- still Loading..

Now compare IPOD states and YOLOBA states..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by after1: 8:19am On May 04, 2016
GreatSE:
STALE NEWS........ Even Anambra oil is far bigger than what they believe the well will produce, its far less than what One well in my community produces out of the 35 wells we have in EGI Rivers...... its less than 5,000 barrels per day that is even if its true. grin

Jesus! The hatred and jealousy is real. Why are you Anambra folks insecure, if you are not fighting Imo, or Ebonyi then you are fighting other tribes. Hatred will only make you have high blood pressure. You are healed in Jesus name.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 8:19am On May 04, 2016
GreatSE:
Be wise ndigbo, let the Ijaw fight their battles. We shouldn't allow them use us as shield to attack the SW. Its obvious with monikers such as this.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Zdoh(m): 8:20am On May 04, 2016
firstolalekan:
No more
Our oyel tongue
Lol!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 8:20am On May 04, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]
Always making senseless posts. A broken record already. cool

The right word to describe your frustration is mourning. It's no longer wailing!
mourning mourner grin

2 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Super1Star: 8:20am On May 04, 2016
gidgiddy:

Maybe finally they will start thinking about their sovereingty and Oduduwa Republic instead of running around looking for who they will do 'one Nigeria' with.

Whether One Nigeria or disintegration, we are very comfortable with both.

Sons of Hatred can only hate a blessed region that God has made covenant with to forever bless. Guess what haters can't do nadal about it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 8:25am On May 04, 2016
can the niger delta now rest...let lagos drill and produce oil and let the niger delta be left alone...

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Kingspin(m): 8:25am On May 04, 2016
Super1Star:
Ondo is oil producing.

Lagos has joined.

Waiting for Ogun.

That why we want states to be independent and stop this free sharing in Abuja every month.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by robay(m): 8:26am On May 04, 2016
God bless oduduwa land

God bless lagos

God bless niger delta

God bless arewa land

i don't knw about those people with flat heads oo With dia useless landlock and landgrabbers undecided virus greedy tribe.

I knw mention name o grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by 6digitscomrade: 8:28am On May 04, 2016
stale stale stale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Young03:
and so?

who oil epp?

2 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by soltry9x: 8:28am On May 04, 2016
I dn't we still have some fish brained nairalanders waiting to find oil everywhere in 9ja all because it's natural endowment. Try findn oil in ekiti, osun, oyo, u will wait 4 million yrs mumu..basement complex terrain, simple geology
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Omojolaray(m): 8:29am On May 04, 2016
firstolalekan:
No more

Our oyel tongue
as in thank God

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 8:37am On May 04, 2016
GreatSE:
bad belleism disease caused by inferiority complex

Ondo alone produces more oil than entire south east state .. Now add Lagos with 40k barrel.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by nonjebose(m): 8:40am On May 04, 2016
Dasuks:
Its good that Lagos has added an extra bead to its already long chain of viable sectors. However @SamuelAnyawu it does not really affect other oil producing states esp those in the Delta. The 13% deriv tax is based on the dollar value of your production. Akwa Ibom,Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa produce 92% of the total and as such get a cumulative .13 of that amount( compare with rivers' 340k or AKS' 504k). Lagos will get same of whatever it produces, note that Aje is a field set to plateau at 50k to 80k(tops) a day. Lagos' $ 150 billion economy still and will always be based off the robust services sector that makes it the numero uno city in the west africa region.
Speaking of states like Borno, the issue will be making the oil commercially viable. Chances are its heavy sour and highly acidic( TAN) just like the Doba(same Doba basin) blend next door in Chad.Which would mean low prices, say when light sweet sold for 26, that specific blend sold for about 15-17 dollars. Not to mention the infrastructure needed to channel it to the coast. Linking it thru the ones in cameroon that chad uses would prolly be cheapest OR building new transport infrastructure down to our own coast... But how much per barrel is the transport tax going to be ?? This complicates things for an already poorly priced product that has to be marketed almost solely to north american refineries that already get heavy crude from Alberta ( not to mention shale etc)?? Consider clean-fuel regulations and oil refiners' desirability for more appropriate light sweet and u see why it isn't really all that glittery.
All of this hassle for about 2 billion barrels tops reserves....
Nigeria is a diverse place , let everybody do what they can but we should never avoid specifics.
The best post so far. I enjoyed your analysis. 1000000 likes for you

4 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by codemaniacs: 8:40am On May 04, 2016
soltry9x:
I dn't we still have some fish brained nairalanders waiting to find oil everywhere in 9ja all because it's natural endowment. Try findn oil in ekiti, osun, oyo, u will wait 4 million yrs mumu..basement complex terrain, simple geology

There's gold in oyo and osun.. Its the state govts that are waiting for FG to do everything and squandering what they get from abuja.

All they have to do is start exploring and once they find something. They should build refineries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by freshdude99(m): 8:43am On May 04, 2016
seunmsg:

Yes, the dangote refinery will come on stream in 2018. It's a win win for Lagos, in fact, the state will soon start to fly at this rate of economic success. Kudos to the Folawiyo family as well, they've been on this Aje oil field matter for so long. For the records, the FOLAWIYO family is a Yoruba family. We don't want to hear any claim or stories of how some imaginary IPOB build the oil fields in Lagos.

Haters of Lagos, sorry o. The state keeps making progress while you guys keep hating. This should also act as a boost to those exploring for oil in the Chad basin. Crude oil is a natural endowment that is not limited to any region. If we look more, we will discover more.
Please is orient petroleum a yeruba family too? The thing with u SW is ur hatred for any good thing from the SE. Its only good if its SW right? Let me educate u more yerubaz, orient petroleum been drilling oyel for Anambra tay tay. Anambra been declared oyel producing state by the last administration but the wickedness and hatred of SW no let Dem instead they connived with kogi to come share am with us. The same people want us to come celebrate with them. Isn't that hypocrisy of the highest order. Yeruba Yeruba Yeruba, how many times did I call u? Be careful with ur greed

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 8:48am On May 04, 2016
freshdude99:

Please is orient petroleum a yeruba family too? The thing with u SW is ur hatred for any good thing from the SE. Its only good if its SW right? Let me educate u more yerubaz, orient petroleum been drilling oyel for Anambra tay tay. Anambra been declared oyel producing state by the last administration but the wickedness and hatred of SW no let Dem instead they connived with kogi to come share am with us. The same people want us to come celebrate with them. Isn't that hypocrisy of the highest order. Yeruba Yeruba Yeruba, how many times did I call u? Be careful with ur greed
see dumb post..

So the president of last administration is Yoruba abi? You deserve a dirty slap for this nonsense post.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by freshdude99(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2016
Dasuks:
Its good that Lagos has added an extra bead to its already long chain of viable sectors. However @SamuelAnyawu it does not really affect other oil producing states esp those in the Delta. The 13% deriv tax is based on the dollar value of your production. Akwa Ibom,Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa produce 92% of the total and as such get a cumulative .13 of that amount( compare with rivers' 340k or AKS' 504k). Lagos will get same of whatever it produces, note that Aje is a field set to plateau at 50k to 80k(tops) a day. Lagos' $ 150 billion economy still and will always be based off the robust services sector that makes it the numero uno city in the west africa region.
Speaking of states like Borno, the issue will be making the oil commercially viable. Chances are its heavy sour and highly acidic( TAN) just like the Doba(same Doba basin) blend next door in Chad.Which would mean low prices, say when light sweet sold for 26, that specific blend sold for about 15-17 dollars. Not to mention the infrastructure needed to channel it to the coast. Linking it thru the ones in cameroon that chad uses would prolly be cheapest OR building new transport infrastructure down to our own coast... But how much per barrel is the transport tax going to be ?? This complicates things for an already poorly priced product that has to be marketed almost solely to north american refineries that already get heavy crude from Alberta ( not to mention shale etc)?? Consider clean-fuel regulations and oil refiners' desirability for more appropriate light sweet and u see why it isn't really all that glittery.
All of this hassle for about 2 billion barrels tops reserves....
Nigeria is a diverse place , let everybody do what they can but we should never avoid specifics.
Intelligent write up, obviously can't agree less.
I just wish NL do have more of ur type it would have been a darling nest for all who appreciate knowledge no some of these trolls and bigots from SW
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by freshdude99(m): 8:52am On May 04, 2016
MetaHuman:
see dumb post..

So the president of last administration is Yoruba abi? You deserve a dirty slap for this nonsense post.
Show me the hand abeg...
Abi u want make them dig ur grave today?
Better get off my moniker for ur own good.
Just an advice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG / Buhari@76: See The ThrowBack Advert By Fayose & PDP Wishing Buhari Death In 2015 / Betsy, Ikpeazu's Daughter Inducted As A Medical Doctor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.