Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States (35874 Views)

Buhari Asked Me To Visit Oil Producing States- Osinbajo / Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. / Aje Oil Field Lagos With Pixs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by seunmsg(m): 5:59pm On May 04, 2016
jaybee:

Production test just begun yesterday 3rd May 2016 in deep offshore. Production from the wells will stabilize and be optimized within the next few weeks. Lagos state may not be entitled to derivation if the oil field is waters more than 200m depth. In that case, the whole country becomes the catchment area and not a particular state.

200m depth or 200 nautical miles to onshore?
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 04, 2016
arresa:

You tink you don make sense..

Your mates dey drill oil and making money, but you dey carry water bottle do arithmetic....shey you go put oyel inside your arithmetic bottle take go collect money for bank?

Gentleman,am a mud engineer so I know what am talking about-
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by JustOzito(f): 7:45pm On May 04, 2016
stevnwigw:
Lagos is a no man's land take note..
lol.....
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by freshdude99(m): 10:20pm On May 04, 2016
Dasuks:
@freshdude99 there's too much needless tribalism and display of machismo on here. This kind of thing should be good news for everybody. Added economic activity to national GDP lol. The Delta ppl have their oil which has helped keep our national finances afloat for nearly 4 decades and soon to be added hopefully; Mining and Industrial Agric in parts of the Middle Belt, revamp of manufacturing plants in places like KD etc. I dunno.. anything at all that adds and not subtracts from us. Naij is all about cooperation really. Lagos' services sector efficiently allocates the resource money from the swamps and ppl down in the delta eat meat from elsewhere in the country( not to mention some states that compulsorily live iff largesse of the FG). Without each other we kinda all lack somehow.On our own its not quite the right picture, but politics doesn't allow anyone see anything as it is. Party/Tribal considerations slip in, after which self-destruction and chaos follow. lol.
Very true! I totally submit to that, but I think seun and his SW trolls needs that advice more. As for me, NL logo is tribalism at its peak. That's the welcome package I got from them
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by freshdude99(m): 10:27pm On May 04, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool You mean can't agree more. Please learn English before posting for public consumption. cool
I think it actually depends on how u wish to consume urs. Agreeing more or less says one and the same thing Mr English Teacher. Btw English is not my language so get the f*ck off my moniker
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Super1Star: 11:59pm On May 04, 2016
jaybee:

Production test just begun yesterday 3rd May 2016 in deep offshore. Production from the wells will stabilize and be optimized within the next few weeks. Lagos state may not be entitled to derivation if the oil field is waters more than 200m depth. In that case, the whole country becomes the catchment area and not a particular state.

Failed hypothesis.

Have you forgotten the demise of the Onshore-Ofshore Dichotomy Bill?
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Super1Star: 12:02am On May 05, 2016
seunmsg:

200m depth or 200 nautical miles to onshore?

All resources within the continental shelf of a nation, up to 200 nautical miles into the sea belong to the nation. Any resources beyond that is in the international water body.

However that does nor arise in the case of Oil and Gas, due to the failed Onshore-Offshore Dichotomy Bill. That is the reason why Akwa Ibom's allocaton is that much because 85% of their oil wells is within the 200 nautical mile.

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by IamAtribalist: 12:30am On May 05, 2016
freshdude99:

I think it actually depends on how u wish to consume urs. Agreeing more or less says one and the same thing Mr English Teacher. Btw English is not my language so get the f*ck off my moniker

cool Mumu.If you can't agree less it means you don't agree at all. But to show that you REALLY agree you have to say, I can't agree more. Now shut up, pick up a book and read. cool
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by freshdude99(m): 12:38am On May 05, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool Mumu.If you can't agree less it means you don't agree at all. But to show that you REALLY agree you have to say, I can't agree more. Now shut up, pick up a book and read. cool
You the mumu here bro! Just read what you just typed and listen to it. U will see u r the mumu.
U gave me a point and after listening, I said bro I can't agree less or I can't agree anything less than what u just said. And when I reply I can't agree more or I can't agree anything more than what u just said.
Aren't both reply implying the same thing?
I really don't know whether na evening or night school some of us on NL attend abi na commercial school?
If u can't reason Mr mumu, pls don't quote me again.#snoring
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by IamAtribalist: 1:38am On May 05, 2016
freshdude99:

You the mumu here bro! Just read what you just typed and listen to it. U will see u r the mumu.
U gave me a point and after listening, I said bro I can't agree less or I can't agree anything less than what u just said. And when I reply I can't agree more or I can't agree anything more than what u just said.
Aren't both reply implying the same thing?
I really don't know whether na evening or night school some of us on NL attend abi na commercial school?
If u can't reason Mr mumu, pls don't quote me again.#snoring

cool slowpoke - use your head and thank me later. If you say I can't agree less you are saying its impossible for you to agree to a smaller degree than you do right now - basically you completely disagree. What you should say is I can't agree more which means that you are 100% in agreement and hence no possibility to increase the level of agreement. You are an uneducated fool and you keep exposing your ignorance. cool

3 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by ba7man(m): 1:51am On May 05, 2016
emekamigo:

They might be lagosians but check the guys manning the outfit and doing the intellectual mathematics.They are Igbos-
Yes, it's only Igbos that have the capacity to do any form of thinking in Nigeria.

Other tribes just grunt and sit a their feet for knowledge.

Beating that your hollow chest won't change reality......... undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by longayink: 2:13am On May 05, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Welcome development.

I wish Lagos oil comes more than the Nigerdelta oil, so that the sharia states of north shall go begin their sharia republic once the southwest declares Oduduwa Republic, as it is most likely to do.

One Nigeria is an absolute failure!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by longayink: 2:26am On May 05, 2016
firstolalekan:
Thank God o
Ondo is involved kiss
Lagos has followed suit cool
Ogun is coming through wink

No more

"Our oyel" tongue

With this, we shall not be hearing Biafools, Biafrauds, Biafrats again, abi? Loooooooooooooool.

This is the best news of this decade.

But make e no be say na oil from Nigerdelta they shall transport through pipes and empty them out in Lagos, then tell us Lagos produces oil.

This kain Lagos discovery of oil after 25 years search, discovery only when APC got to Aso Rock power, e get as the news be o!!!

In Nigeria under Buhari and Asiwaju, nothing is impossible o. Lol!!
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by arresa: 2:29am On May 05, 2016
emekamigo:

Gentleman,am a mud engineer so I know what am talking about-

1. You are not any kind of engineer

2. You are nothing but a bigot and tribalist. You obviously threw in your usual empty and shallow chest beating IPOB nonsense because of your usual low self esteem and insecurity..

3. Next when you make such proclamation about your silly IPOB domination of other people's businesses, produce the company's employee data and profiles showing their tribal origin, associations and qualifications.

Again, where is the sense and wisdom in your shallow boasting about being an ordinary migrant worker where the real owners are raking in billions and investing all over the place?

You people just beat your empty chests for the dumbest and shallow reasons..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by longayink: 3:08am On May 05, 2016
arresa:

2. You are nothing but a bigot and tribalist. You obviously threw in your usual empty and shallow chest beating IPOB nonsense because of your usual low self esteem and insecurity..

3. Next when you make such proclamation about your silly IPOB domination of other people's businesses, produce the company's employee data and profiles showing their tribal origin, associations and qualifications.

Again, where is the sense and wisdom in your shallow boasting about being an ordinary migrant worker where the real owners are raking in billions and investing all over the place?

Sharp tongue, abi dem no find crude oyel truly for Lagos again?

So wetin you get problems with IPOB again?

If IPOB do any shakakara from now, all you need is tell them Biafools to go with their Biafra, abi? So na wetin de vex you again with IPOB?

Every group in Nigerian is as poor as church rat. When one percentage of the population have all the billions of dollars, while 99% are poor, the population is poor.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by arresa: 5:38am On May 05, 2016
[s]
longayink:

Sharp tongue, abi dem no find crude oyel truly for Lagos again?

So wetin you get problems with IPOB again?

If IPOB do any shakakara from now, all you need is tell them Biafools to go with their Biafra, abi? So na wetin de vex you again with IPOB?

Every group in Nigerian is as poor as church rat. When one percentage of the population have all the billions of dollars, while 99% are poor, the population is poor.
[/s]

Not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent IpoD rubbish..
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Ilovemystate: 6:15am On May 05, 2016
I don't know what to call what you guys are doing here chest pumping or what With low oil barrels reserve

Nigeria finds oil and gas in commercial quantities in Anambra

About 30 tcf of gas and 1 bn barrels of crude oil has been found in the AnambraRiver basin  in Anambra State, the Director of Engineering standard in the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Mr Patrick Onwumere, said in Awka.Mr Onwumere who led a team of experts to assess the volume of gas and crudereserves in the Anambra River basin as well as gauge the preparedness of the state government in the establishment of an indigenous refinery through its oilcompany, Orient Petroleum Resources, said the team was impressed with what it saw on the ground.His revelation was coming on the heels of a confirmation by the Managing Director of Orient Petroleum, Engr. Nnaemeka Nwawka that a large hectare of land for the construction of the refinery which would be sited at Otuocha inAnambra East Local Government area of the state had been mapped out. Nwawka added that the only thing delaying full acquisition of the land is the state governor's signature on the certificate of occupancy (CoO) for the land.According to Onwumene, his team's visit was a preliminary move which has to do with the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the area, the level of land acquisition promised by the governor, and the examination of the extent of work done so far by the Orient Petroleum Resources.Onwumene also said he and members of his team were interested in seeing that the exploitation of oil and gas takes off earnestly in the state and expressed his team's satisfaction on the state's preparedness to accomplish their exploitation. He said Anambra State had three sources of oil supply which included, the existing local reserve from the Brass/Agip, import from Venezuela as well as the already discovered wells at Oroma-Etiti in Anambra West and Otuocha inAnambra East council areas of the state.Onwumene said his team found that the state's oil company, Orient Petroleum Resources had maintained good relationships with the host communities, especially those bordering where the refinery would be sited. He added that with the take off of exploitation of oil reserves in the very near future, a lot of joblessindigenes of Anambra State would be gainfully employed.
Anambra West is rich in crude oil and natural gas, and is rated as having the highest oil reserves in Nigeria with large amounts of untapped natural gas and oil at Mmiata Anam, Umudora and Igbedor
http://www.gasandoil.com/news/discoveries/d89bc98903f0500bdba5eca6bd2b8b9bI

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by firstolalekan(m): 6:38am On May 05, 2016
longayink:

With this, we shall not be hearing Biafools, Biafrauds, Biafrats again, abi? Loooooooooooooool.

This is the best news of this decade.

But make e no be say na oil from Nigerdelta they shall transport through pipes and empty them out in Lagos, then tell us Lagos produces oil.

This kain Lagos discovery of oil after 25 years search, discovery only when APC got to Aso Rock power, e get as the news be o!!!

In Nigeria under Buhari and Asiwaju, nothing is impossible o. Lol!!
Hater grin
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by permanentgrace(m): 7:30am On May 05, 2016
babadee1:

Who told you oil is the reason Nigeria has not divided? After all there was a Nigeria before oil was discovered and there will be a Nigeria after oil.

Since the discovery of oil, what has been the emphatic reason(s) for refusal of the division? Is it not that the northern governors and their southwest counterparts want to always troop into Abuja at the end of every month and grab cheques for the money originated from oil to develop their areas? I am saying, since we all have oil now and can take care of ourselves, hence the division should be fasten up.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by freshdude99(m): 12:48pm On May 05, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool slowpoke - use your head and thank me later. If you say I can't agree less you are saying its impossible for you to agree to a smaller degree than you do right now - basically you completely disagree. What you should say is I can't agree more which means that you are 100% in agreement and hence no possibility to increase the level of agreement. You are an uneducated fool and you keep exposing your ignorance. cool
I repeat, within the context I used that, am so so right but if u lack common sense, bros use the exit door. Common sense is indeed uncommon
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 05, 2016
arresa:

In as much as I understand you're one of the underprivileged few that rant when it comes to tribalism and bigotory,i trully symapthise with your intellectual challenges but I want to still reiterate that Nothing moves in this contrapted zoo without the IPOB-
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by IamAtribalist: 1:47pm On May 05, 2016
freshdude99:

I repeat, within the context I used that, am so so right but if u lack common sense, bros use the exit door. Common sense is indeed uncommon

cool context? What an abject know-nothing you are. There is no context, real or imagined, that makes it correct. This is a binary situation. Its either you agreed with the person you quoted or you disagreed. Now if you agreed by saying I can't agree less then you are saying the opposite of what you intended. For example the phrase I couldn't care less means you absolute do not care. Just the same way the phrase I can't agree less mean you absolute do NOT agree. You are not a smart guy. The fact that you still do not see your error after all this time is a testament to your dullness. Your case is hopeless. cool

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by freshdude99(m): 2:03pm On May 05, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool context? What an abject know-nothing you are. There is no context, real or imagined, that makes it correct. This is a binary situation. Its either you agreed with the person you quoted or you disagreed. Now if you agreed by saying I can't agree less then you are saying the opposite of what you intended. For example the phrase I couldn't care less means you absolute do not care. Just the same way the phrase I can't agree less mean you absolute do NOT agree. You are not a smart guy. The fact that you still do not see your error after all this time is a testament to your dullness. Your case is hopeless. cool
Why going tru the stress troll? Get off
I just said common sense is indeed not so common.
Excuse my moniker yeruba nigga
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by arresa: 2:11pm On May 05, 2016
emekamigo:

In as much as I understand you're one of the underprivileged few that rant when it comes to tribalism and bigotory,i trully symapthise with your intellectual challenges but I want to still reiterate that Nothing moves in this contrapted zoo without the IPOB-

Everything that moves and progress in Nigeria is because of iPods, but the question is when is ipods going to move and progress at home instead of doing boy boy and migrant workers.?

Admitting that you are doing boy boy to other people who are progressing and raking in billions to develop their land and not yours is demeaning and insulting to ibo people.

Whatever money generated by this company ia not going to ibo land and the taxes aka IGR generated from this company is not going to iboland to develop iboland so of what relevance is you shallow and ignorant boasting?

You people don't put any thought into your meaningless chest beatings..

Have some sense of pride and start figuring out how to better yourselves and quit doing empty and shallow chest beating that means nothing at the end of the day.

Can't help but feel sorry for you people..
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by IamAtribalist: 2:21pm On May 05, 2016
freshdude99:

Why going tru the stress troll? Get off
I just said common sense is indeed not so common.
Excuse my moniker yeruba nigga

cool There is no stress. This is easy and your stupidity is so so obvious. I rather enjoy exposing ignorant mumus (with a big mouth) like you . cool

Yes. I am Yoruba because I called out your ignorance. Call me Chief Adeleke Oremu. cool

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by freshdude99(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool There is no stress. This is easy and your stupidity is so so obvious. I rather enjoy exposing ignorant mumus (with a big mouth) like you . cool

Yes. I am Yoruba because I called out your ignorance. Call me Chief Adeleke Oremu. cool
Yeruba go naa! Common sense is indeed uncommon troll. Buzz off prick
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by IamAtribalist: 4:55pm On May 05, 2016
freshdude99:

Yeruba go naa! Common sense is indeed uncommon troll. Buzz off prick

cool common sense? 1+1 = 2, no amount of 'common' sense can change that. You got it wrong and you were called out. Now be a good boy and bow down to your intellectual superior. cool

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Category1: 8:18pm On May 05, 2016
Young03:
and so?

who oil epp?
Bro u GATS to enjoy ur lovely ban for now... Never insult a tribe again
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by laudate: 12:47am On May 10, 2016
7lives:
Yes you almost made it until you decided to crawl back into Ore grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin history na winch grin grin grin grin.

Una no go kill person with laugh for dis place...!! cheesy grin shocked
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by laudate: 1:00am On May 10, 2016
Ilovemystate:
I don't know what to call what you guys are doing here chest pumping or what With low oil barrels reserve

Nigeria finds oil and gas in commercial quantities in Anambra

About 30 tcf of gas and 1 bn barrels of crude oil has been found in the AnambraRiver basin  in Anambra State, the Director of Engineering standard in the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Mr Patrick Onwumere, said in Awka.Mr Onwumere who led a team of experts to assess the volume of gas and crudereserves in the Anambra River basin as well as gauge the preparedness of the state government in the establishment of an indigenous refinery through its oilcompany, Orient Petroleum Resources, said the team was impressed with what it saw on the ground.His revelation was coming on the heels of a confirmation by the Managing Director of Orient Petroleum, Engr. Nnaemeka Nwawka that a large hectare of land for the construction of the refinery which would be sited at Otuocha inAnambra East Local Government area of the state had been mapped out. Nwawka added that the only thing delaying full acquisition of the land is the state governor's signature on the certificate of occupancy (CoO) for the land.According to Onwumene, his team's visit was a preliminary move which has to do with the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the area, the level of land acquisition promised by the governor, and the examination of the extent of work done so far by the Orient Petroleum Resources.Onwumene also said he and members of his team were interested in seeing that the exploitation of oil and gas takes off earnestly in the state and expressed his team's satisfaction on the state's preparedness to accomplish their exploitation. He said Anambra State had three sources of oil supply which included, the existing local reserve from the Brass/Agip, import from Venezuela as well as the already discovered wells at Oroma-Etiti in Anambra West and Otuocha inAnambra East council areas of the state.Onwumene said his team found that the state's oil company, Orient Petroleum Resources had maintained good relationships with the host communities, especially those bordering where the refinery would be sited. He added that with the take off of exploitation of oil reserves in the very near future, a lot of joblessindigenes of Anambra State would be gainfully employed.
Anambra West is rich in crude oil and natural gas, and is rated as having the highest oil reserves in Nigeria with large amounts of untapped natural gas and oil at Mmiata Anam, Umudora and Igbedor
http://www.gasandoil.com/news/discoveries/d89bc98903f0500bdba5eca6bd2b8b9bI

Are you sure that you are not laying claim to barrels of oil originating from another state, or claiming oil blocks that straddle other states, besides your own? We have not forgotten the Odekpe issue, where Anambra & Kogi border communities are busy fighting over who owns the oil, being drilled by Orient. cheesy

Let the National Border Commission draw up the boundaries properly first, before we believe your claims that your state has oil... cool
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by laudate: 1:09am On May 10, 2016
MetaHuman:
bad belleism disease caused by inferiority complex

Ondo alone produces more oil than entire south east state .. Now add Lagos with 40k barrel.

Re-ea-ally??! Wow!! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Rode Bicycle From Owerri To Congratulate Atiku Arrives PDP Office, Abuja / Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG / Pirat X: The Game Changer For The Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.