Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen (1081 Views)

Oduduwa Republic: “We Will Poison Igbos And Hausas” - Adeyinka Grandson (Video) / President Buhari: I predicted April 2015 white imperialists will poison him / We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by dridowu: 9:56am On May 04, 2016
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State, on Tuesday,
warned marauding herdsmen that have sent many
Nigerians to their untimely graves in parts of the
country to steer clear of his state or otherwise risk
a greater danger for their cattle.
He said failure on their part to heed the warning
would lead to the people of the state poisoning the
source of water by the herdsmen for the cattle.
Fayose stated this on Tuesday, while speaking on
the topic: “Journalism and Politics; two sides of a
coin,” at the World Press Freedom Day organised
by the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Oyo State
Council, held at the Dapo Aderogba hall, Iyaganku,
Ibadan.
Fayose said the time had come for Nigerians to
defend themselves in the face of unwarranted
attacks and killings by suspected herdsmen across
the country.
Citing the carnage carried out by them in Benue and
Enugu states, the governor said Boko Haram
appeared to have changed its identity to herdsmen,
unleashing terror on innocent citizens of the country,
He said he had instructed his people to poison
water with a particular brand of chemical used
against fungal attacks in the event of any herdsmen
attack in Ekiti.
“It seems Boko Haram has changed identity to
herdsmen now. You as journalists must speak out,
the killings are under reported. Is it about the mass
burial in Kaduna State, the Agatu saga or the recent
killing which happened on Monday? Ask questions,”
he said.
On his criticism of President Muhammed Buhari,
Fayose said he had nothing against the personality
of the president, but that the world democracy did
not live on old leaders again.
Fayose said it was wrong for the president to
believe he could use the panacea he adopted to
tackle national problems over 30 years ago as head
of state to solve current national challenges.
“President Buhari is too old to rule this country and
that is why there is problem in this country now. He
is like my grandfather. Nigeria should not produce
any president that is over 60 years.
“World democracy don’t parade octogenarians
again. Young people should rise up to challenge the
older generation. Maybe that is why there is a law
that a pilot should not fly an aircraft after 65 years
of age,” he said.
Fayose advised journalists in the country to hold
politicians accountable for their deeds and character
while in office, in order to save the country from
going down.
“You are the last hope of common man. When
journalists support looters, there is confusion of
vision. Journalists should shy away from it. Bad
politicians should be brought to justice. Don’t write
about issues you don’t know. Don’t rely on what a
politician told you of his supposed enemy and don’t
inherit his enemies. Journalists must help bring
corrupt politicians to justice.
“When politicians are going wrong, let them feel the
heat first from you. Most politicians are using
journalists in Nigeria for their dirty jobs and they
are supporting wicked politicians. Journalists in
Nigeria always shy away from the truth because
they are self-centred and greedy. As a journalist,
you need to discharge your duty without fear or
favour.
“Politicians have no address and this is why it is
possible for a politician to defect from PDP after 12
years to APC and is being celebrated as a saint.
Journalists should stop supporting and having soft
spots for political parties and politicians. Some of
you have sympathy for PDP or APC. Don’t join our
battle. You are the hope of the common man and
the only thing they can enjoy,” he said.
The governor said journalists were being used for
dirty jobs, advising them to remember that
Nigerians needed them more than politicians.
“Nigeria needs you more than politicians. When you
pervade the truth, Nigeria is in trouble. We are in
the wrong direction in this country and it is time to
keep all of us on course.
“Journalists need to put politicians on their toes.
Anybody that encroaches our constitution must be
brought to book; you must defend our constitution.
The career of most journalists that dabbled into
politics had been destroyed.
“This is an era of public governance and in the last
12 months, we have never had it so bad in this
country. No fuel, no electricity and I can
categorically tell you that we are in the wrong
direction as Nigerians. I am pleading with you, save
Nigeria,” he said.
On 2019 elections, the governor assured that
though PDP failed during the 2015 elections
because those at the helm of affairs of the party
were bereft of ideas, the party is being repositioned
to return to power in 2019.
According to him, “Yes, PDP failed in 2015, not
because people didn’t like PDP, but because they
didn’t like certain individuals. We are prepared to do
the cleansing. We are ready to make the drastic
change. And I tell you, we’re coming back.”
He said the party needed the services of younger
and vibrant members and not the elderly ones, who
ought to leave the stage when the ovation was
loudest.”

http://tribuneonlineng.com/we-will-poison-our-water-fayose-threatens-fulani-herdsmen

Mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by zico530(m): 9:59am On May 04, 2016
Fayose, I support you. But before you do that make sure you provide good water for you people lest they become the victims.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:11am On May 04, 2016
Ok, Fayose, Go poison the streams in which cows drank from.

Make sure you go all nooks and cronies of the state.

Like the poster above said, make sure you provide source of water for your people else they become victims.

Fo.ol

2 Likes

Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by VivianUdeogu(f): 10:16am On May 04, 2016
Fayose
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by iflywithbuhari(f): 10:16am On May 04, 2016
I have my issues with Fayose, but there are times you have to marvel at his brilliance. He knows that the only language the Fulani Jihadist understands is Violence and Cost. He's not like the Enugu coward and the Ebonyi womanwrapper. Fayose, ride on, you have our support.

PS: Right now, all Fayose is doing might look like madness to you and I, but one day, we will realise it was all for something.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by osesology(m): 10:16am On May 04, 2016
How old is this man again, pls? Anyone?
Because I can deduce from some news that I have been getting from the pdp's inner circle that they are trying to lobby Modu Sheriff and Gov. Fayose as pdp's Presidential and vice-presidential candidates respectively, for the 2019 general elections. If that be true, then I believe that he might also be eyeing the seat in the nearest future, then how old will he be then?
When u throw a stone ahead of you, you will eventually meet the stone on the way, and if you are not careful, you might even stumble over it. People that talk too much always end up contradicting and implicating themselves.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by dridowu: 10:18am On May 04, 2016
Fayose has forgotten a Yoruba adage that says " ori bi be ko ni ogun ori fifo "meaning "Cutting off the head is not the solution to headache ".
Fayose their role modem(l) must have taken [img]http://gif.co/oJVl.gif[/img]
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by Beface(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2016
This Fayose is a real mafia! Although na him fit the fulani because he understand their language.
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by DropShot: 10:20am On May 04, 2016
This man is a disgrace to touts and garage boys!
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by MirabelArode(f): 10:24am On May 04, 2016
yorubas will condemn fayose. They like fulani like say tommorow no dey. cheesy
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by EazyMoh(m): 10:27am On May 04, 2016
Please go ahead Mr. governor, supply poison to Ekiti people let them poison all water bodies in the state. Nonsense.!
As ig it's only Fulanis that rear animals. Poison the water and kill your people!
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by IVORY2009(m): 10:31am On May 04, 2016
DropShot:
This man is a disgrace to touts and garage boys!

grin grin
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by persius555(m): 10:33am On May 04, 2016
Fayose and Donald Trump have one thing in common. Both think with their balls rather than their brains.
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 10:33am On May 04, 2016
Hillary clinton is 68 years old. Donald Trump 69 years old. Bernie Sanders is 73 years old.

One of these three will become US president by January 2017. By then Hillary will be 69 years old, Donald trump will be 70 years old and Bernie Sanders will be 74 years old.

Fayose should shut d fuuckk up
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by raker300: 10:35am On May 04, 2016
dridowu:
Fayose has forgotten a Yoruba adage that says " ori bi be ko ni ogun ori fifo "meaning "Cutting off the head is not the solution to headache ".
Fayose their role modem(l) must have taken [img]http://gif.co/oJVl.gif[/img]
just once I said just once...support your fellow southerner and leave sentiments. The south has been under the scourge of the north. when a bold southerner decides to fight back, the same southerner fights the southerner.

Have any northerner done anything to stop the herdsmen rampage?
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by Lusola15: 10:36am On May 04, 2016
I don't think this is the solution but when the president keeps num people will be forced to take laws into their own hands
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by asha80(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2016
raker300:
just once I said just once...support your fellow southerner and leave sentiments. The south has been under the scourge of the north. when a bold southerner decides to fight back, the same southerner fights the southerner.

will you say this same thing if Obiano actually decides to poison rivers in anambra to hurt herdsmen?
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by dridowu: 10:42am On May 04, 2016
raker300:

Support Poisoning of the water just because of the herdsmen? Count me out of it. Their is oil spillage in Niger Delta into their farms, water e.t.c, do you know how many people that are affected ? It affects farmers, fishermen e.t.c If Fayose dare do it, it will affect farmers that use that water as source for watering of his/her farms, likewise it will affect fishermen, meaning fishes will die. Indirectly this affect majority of Ekiti inhabitant and Nigeria at large. You may think , you are not base in Ekiti but remember that the farmer that is farm is affected might want to sell it to the public like that without you knowing. Remember no one want to lost.
Moreover, has Fayose even provide enough quality water to its citizen ? Meaning again, some inhabitant must be using that as drinking water. Can you know see why poisoning of the water is not the solution to herdsmen or better still educate me on poisoning of the water because of herdsmen is good.
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by DaBullIT(m): 10:45am On May 04, 2016
So you poison the rivers , and the poison gets sucked into plans and fishes , and you ultimately destroy the already bad climate / ecosystem in your state

it's like surrounding your house with a nuclear bomb, once it explodes you cant guarantee your own safety

and once again Fayose proves his stupydity
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by RareDiamonds: 10:51am On May 04, 2016
Nice One.
Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by omenka(m): 11:23am On May 04, 2016
If this is true, then this man just removed every doubt there is as to his state of sanity!!

Does this man know what natural hydro circulatory system is?? Does he know he could come to drink the same water he's threatening to poison??

This man needs a very strong leash around his waist to a stake before he hits the market place. This is just absurd.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2016
RareDiamonds:
Nice One.

Nice one?
Please tell your governor to poison streams in your state because of cows.

(1) (Reply)

We‘ve Never Had It So Bad –ezeife / NLC And Its Cso's Embark On Indefinite Strike / PHOTOS: Okonjo-iweala Cuts Her Birthday Cake With Ben Bruce And Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.