Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? (4302 Views)

ICPC Seizes 62 Houses From One Female Officer / Soldier Loses His Mom While Battling Boko Haram Insurgents In The North.Pictured / Toyin Saraki, Zahra Buhari Meet Boy Who Was Brutalized By Step Mom In Kano. PICS (2) (3) (4)

Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by investment247: 10:06am On May 04, 2016
My friend sent me this question owing to the fact that he knows I talk about phones alot. However I couldn`t give any response yet cos I never thought about this kinda question before. So guys please help me out.

See his message below.

" Bro, wats up. I`m Going to see mom this weekend and she says she wants me to help her pick out a smart phone. She's definitely NOT tech-savvy and has refused having a home PC or even a tablet for several years (since my dad passed - he had a PC at least). Now she's considering a smart phone.

Anyway, I wondered if there was a good phone for her that would not be too confusing - OR - maybe apps (and a launcher?) that would help simplify things for her.

Not thinking about an iPhone since I've never owned one and honestly wouldn't be able to "support" it when she called me with questions.

Thanks for any thoughts.
"

personally I would have suggested a Tecno phone either a phantom or Boom J8 or maybe Samsung.

The guy is loaded pocket-wise so cost of phone isn`t his probs. the issue is the kind of phone you would suggest for an old woman.

So guys can you suggest the type of Smartphone an elderly woman can easily understand? With reasons please

Mods: Kindly take to the appropriate section. Thanks
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by rottennaija(m): 10:10am On May 04, 2016
Well get her a nice android phone. She will learn step by step. That how I did with my mum.
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by sureinfo: 10:17am On May 04, 2016
Have u guys ever seen an elderly woman operating a smartphone before?

They keep touching the screen without knowing they are and yet keep complaining that the phone is misbehaving

Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by MizMyColi(f): 10:22am On May 04, 2016
Give her a W4.
It's affordable and cutesmiley

Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by winnijaf(f): 10:27am On May 04, 2016
My Advice is that you give her a smart phone that is easy to Use. iPhone and the other high end phones are complicated and may be difficult for her to operate.
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Cliveglobal1(m): 10:32am On May 04, 2016
MizMyColi:
Give her a W4.
The OP already said his Friend is Bust up with cash so that's no problem for him. I think Tecno phones would be Perfect for her, I Recently got one for my Granny.
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by topradar4(f): 10:34am On May 04, 2016
Your friend should go to the market and get any phone he feels would be easy for her to Use. Sometimes the Simplier the Better!
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by DaBullIT(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2016
Why people dey find wetin no loss ??

Nokia 3310 performs wonders
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by sureinfo: 10:55am On May 04, 2016
DaBullIT:
Why people dey find wetin no loss ??

Nokia 3310 performs wonders

But the woman requested for a smartphone naaaa
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by DaBullIT(m): 10:57am On May 04, 2016
Buy am phone wey get coloring and camera instead of green face nokia 3310 then grin grin grin grin
sureinfo:

But the woman requested for a smartphone naaaa

or gum smart phone sticker untop geezone indian phone grin grin

Old mama wan dey take selfie abi she wan dey twitter ?? ha ah ahahahah
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:57am On May 04, 2016
Give her Boom J8 bro but give me the headphone
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Africanman123(m): 2:31pm On May 04, 2016
Lol grin winkthat was harsh, you will grow old soon you know.
sureinfo:
Have u guys ever seen an elderly woman operating a smartphone before?

They keep touching the screen without knowing they are and yet keep complaining that the phone is misbehaving
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Africanman123(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2016
Why? Because the woman no won enjoy nice music with the boom headphone okwaya?
TonyeBarcanista:
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Africanman123(m): 2:37pm On May 04, 2016
Visit computer village and they will let you know which is better for her.
investment247:
My friend sent me this question owing to the fact that he knows I talk about phones alot. However I couldn`t give any response yet cos I never thought about this kinda question before. So guys please help me out.

See his message below.

" Bro, wats up. I`m Going to see mom this weekend and she says she wants me to help her pick out a smart phone. She's definitely NOT tech-savvy and has refused having a home PC or even a tablet for several years (since my dad passed - he had a PC at least). Now she's considering a smart phone.

Anyway, I wondered if there was a good phone for her that would not be too confusing - OR - maybe apps (and a launcher?) that would help simplify things for her.

Not thinking about an iPhone since I've never owned one and honestly wouldn't be able to "support" it when she called me with questions.

Thanks for any thoughts.
"

personally I would have suggested a Tecno phone either a phantom or Boom J8 or maybe Samsung.

The guy is loaded pocket-wise so cost of phone isn`t his probs. the issue is the kind of phone you would suggest for an old woman.

So guys can you suggest the type of Smartphone an elderly woman can easily understand? With reasons please

Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by mrprezident007(m): 3:00pm On May 04, 2016
Suggest one for the young man.
rottennaija:
Well get her a nice android phone. She will learn step by step. That how I did with my mum.
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by mrprezident007(m): 3:02pm On May 04, 2016
I would rather suggests he gets a tecno C8, it is more modern and the woman would enjoy taking pics of her grandchildren with it wink smiley
MizMyColi:
Give her a W4.
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by ShiroSan: 4:30pm On May 04, 2016
mrprezident007:
I would rather suggests he gets a tecno C8, it is more modern and the woman would enjoy taking pics of her grandchildren with it wink smiley

It will be better if the guy searches the internet and makes a choice
Preferences differ.
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by JanethEze(f): 5:00pm On May 04, 2016
mrprezident007:

Plus I think the Camon C8 is cheaper than 62k.
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by BenKafor(m): 7:37pm On May 04, 2016
Does the boom j8 come with Marshmallow

investment247:

See his message below.

Thanks for any thoughts.
"

Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 04, 2016
Nokia 3310 with torchlight
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by ChidinmaRose(f): 8:14pm On May 04, 2016
mrprezident007:

The C8 is a good one.
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by ChidinmaRose(f): 8:36pm On May 04, 2016
Cliveglobal1:

The OP already said his Friend is Bust up with cash so that's no problem for him. I think Tecno phones would be Perfect for her, I Recently got one for my Granny.

Which one did you get.
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by rottennaija(m): 3:30am On May 05, 2016
mrprezident007:
Suggest one for the young man.
Depends on your pocket. Tecno c8 is good. Infinix devices are also good as well as Gionee
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Ana5000(f): 3:43pm On May 05, 2016
JanethEze:

Plus I think the Camon C8 is cheaper than 62k.

Cool
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Penaldo: 7:00pm On May 05, 2016
MizMyColi:
Give her a W4.
Why W4?
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Penaldo: 7:03pm On May 05, 2016
ShiroSan:

It will be better if the guy searches the internet and makes a choice
Preferences differ.
Why not a simple Android phone?
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:07pm On May 05, 2016
Why not phantom 5
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:10pm On May 05, 2016
rottennaija:

Depends on your pocket. Tecno c8 is good. Infinix devices are also good as well as Gionee
He should give her phantom 5
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:12pm On May 05, 2016
rottennaija:
Android phone is easier to master
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Penaldo: 7:25pm On May 05, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:

He should give her phantom 5
How can she operate it?
Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Penaldo: 7:31pm On May 05, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
Android phone is easier to master
pls reply my pm

Re: Which Is The Best Android Phone For 62 Year Old Mom? by Penaldo: 7:35pm On May 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
SMH

Shocking: See The Nigerian Food I Bought For #200 In Portharcourt (Photos) / The Most Frightening Bridge In The World / INCREDIBLE ; See What A Man Does To Attract Government's Attention To Potholes.