Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut (9071 Views)

Soldiers Block Nnamdi Kanu's Convoy In Ebonyi, Kanu Comes Down (Video) / For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose / Picture Of Governor Okorocha Riding A Bicycle, Hailed By Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 04, 2016
I'm not arguing that fact anyway, but that convoy is that of President Obama and not Kenyata

1 Like

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Nichobabe(m): 4:01pm On May 04, 2016
Rollingdice:

To get the attention of people like u. Why was the post not trashed as suggested by the dude up there? Because it's posts like this that keep this forum going. Critical people like you will search for more information and a lot of people will learn [tho u couldn't lay ur hand on Kenyatta's latest bullet proof ride, that's by the way] while there are people that will comment before reading. And for the record, I'm not as dumb-assed as some people think. At least it has taken us away from the tiwa and tbills, wiskid and Linda posts etc. a little. It's good for business [in seun's voice, no ask me which Seun o].

It's nice doing business with you.

I can imagine how embarrassed you are after people punctured your lies. Anyway keep your face after all you are not the first. internet is full of shits. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 04, 2016
Rollingdice:

To get the attention of people like u. Why was the post not trashed as suggested by the dude up there? Because it's posts like this that keep this forum going. Critical people like you will search for more information and a lot of people will learn [tho u couldn't lay ur hand on Kenyatta's latest bullet proof ride, that's by the way] while there are people that will comment before reading. And for the record, I'm not as dumb-assed as some people think. At least it has taken us away from the tiwa and tbills, wiskid and Linda posts etc. a little. It's good for business [in seun's voice, no ask me which Seun o].

It's nice doing business with you.

hahaha . ok. I guess we should also recomend NL to pay you a certain fee for driving traffic to the site.

that bullet proof ride is used only when the threat alert has risen (as recomended by ati terrosm dept and national inteligence). publicly it has been spoted on the presidents convoy like 4 times, and Kenyatta himself does not ride in it, an elite team of paramilitary special forces called GSU are the ones that ride on it, (they dont like crowds so u definately wont lay a hand on that car) if something happens to the presidents vehicle, thats when the elite team is supposed to evacuate him with the amoured vehicle

1 Like

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Rollingdice(m): 4:20pm On May 04, 2016
Nichobabe:

I can imagine how embarrassed you are after people punctured your lies. Anyway keep your face after all you are not the first. internet is full of shits. grin grin grin

I'm pretty sure u are more embarrassed than I am for posting such a shit grin
Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Rollingdice(m): 4:26pm On May 04, 2016
denisfidha:

hahaha . ok. I guess we should also recomend NL to pay you a certain fee for driving traffic to the site.

that bullet proof ride is used only when the threat alert has risen (as recomended by ati terrosm dept and national inteligence). publicly it has been spoted on the presidents convoy like 4 times, and Kenyatta himself does not ride in it, an elite team of paramilitary special forces called GSU are the ones that ride on it, (they dont like crowds so u definately wont lay a hand on that car) if something happens to the presidents vehicle, thats when the elite team is supposed to evacuate him with the amoured vehicle

I'm tempted to say you are paid to defend Kenyatta. Anyways, nice dig [I guess I should recommend you as well]..

1 Like

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by johnie: 5:34pm On May 04, 2016
johnie:
Imperial overkill
By Fareed Zakaria, CNN

For anybody who lives in New York, the United Nations General Assembly is a nightmare. It means lots of traffic, snarl-ups, blockades, and policemen stopping people every time the foreign minister of some small country decides he wants to go to some diner for breakfast. But nothing compares with when the President of the United States decides to leave his hotel - or even, for that matter, to stay in his hotel.

I was trying to get to a restaurant two blocks away from where President Obama was staying. I ended up being half an hour late for my meeting because the President was going from the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel straight up Park Avenue to a fundraiser. You would think this would be a pretty easy logistical challenge. But, instead, it seemed like half the New York police force had come out. Something like 30 blocks were sealed off. There were at least 100 vehicles involved in the motorcade blockading side streets - all so he could travel 40 blocks uptown.

I understand the need for security, but it’s worth pointing out that when you travel around the world, even the presidents of Russia and China and other very big countries have nowhere near the kind of obsessive security that the President of the United States has. I understand the challenge. Nobody wants to be the guy who signs off on lowering the security levels for the President, because if something happens, that’s the person who’s going to be blamed. But we have to get a grip on this ever-expanding security apparatus.

The imperial air of these cordons and enormous motorcades is incredibly off-putting. It really has become a joke at this point with other diplomats talking about it all the time. It is worth quoting at length from the extremely well-written memoirs of British diplomat Chris Patten (who is ardently pro-American), recounting his experiences as Europe's Commissioner for External Relations.

"Attending any conference abroad, American cabinet officers arrive with the sort of entourage that would have done Darius proud. Hotels are commandeered; cities brought to a halt; innocent bystanders are barged into corners by thick-necked men with bits of plastic hanging out of their ears. It is not a spectacle that wins hearts and minds."

This is coming from a guy who was effectively the Foreign Minister of Europe and was the Governor of Hong Kong. He is used to pomp and splendor. All this American security has the feeling of the Roman Empire at its full height, obsessively worried about massive shows of strength and logistics.

By the way, there’s also a huge incentive for local authorities to maintain it. UN General Assembly week is the best week for overtime for the New York Police Department. If you ask, “Do you really need the 500 policemen on every side street around where the President is 24/7?” I’m sure they wouldn’t argue against it. It hasn’t gone unnoticed that President Obama's visit to New York is a great opportunity for lots of overtime.

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/4#9204788

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/21/imperial-overkill/

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Austin234(m): 5:36pm On May 04, 2016
I think there's a miss up here
Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by amaechi1: 5:38pm On May 04, 2016
Kenya does not have this kind of well designed roads. Secondly, the drivers behind the wheel are white folks not blacks.

Therefore, stop this character assassination.

1 Like

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by arresa: 5:40pm On May 04, 2016
omanzo02:
Op,

Get your fact right.
The vehicles convoy are funeral vehicles carrying the casket of victims of Malaysian airline shot down in Ukraine last year. The convoy was when the remains were returned to Holland where the plane departed from before the incident.

Stop spreading false info.

Beats me why some people lie and so dishonest. Must they make up lies and fabricate rubbish just to discredit their own kind..

1 Like

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by arresa: 5:46pm On May 04, 2016
The original pic..

1 Like

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Coldplay89(m): 5:52pm On May 05, 2016
Rollingdice:
This why people say Africa will never develop. This picture says a lot. The Prime Minister of Netherlands Mark Rutte takes a ride on a bicycle to office while the President of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta is in a convoy for a hair cut.

How do u even know that he was going for a haircut? You are mad!
Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Rollingdice(m): 11:08pm On May 05, 2016
Coldplay89:

How do u even know that he was going for a haircut? You are mad!

How do feel now? OK I guess. It's only a mad person that will just be finding his way to this post.
Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by arresa: 11:12pm On May 05, 2016
Rollingdice:

How do feel now? OK I guess. It's only a mad person that will just be finding his way to this post.

Shouldn't you be apologizing for insulting us with your lies and fake thread.?

1 Like

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Rollingdice(m): 8:37am On May 06, 2016
arresa:

Shouldn't you be apologizing for insulting us with your lies and fake thread.?

Apologize for making you u use ur head to source for information, I see.
Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Rolings: 9:04am On May 06, 2016
DaBullIT:
i do not support the African mentality

however You can't compare the prime minister to Africa

first everything is in order in europe and they really are into bicycles, their roads are good and there are traffic signs and police and emergency medical attendants

in summary , Europeans have evolved and Africans are yet to we still live in the world of greed and hate and selfishness

until we remove all that , we can't be great

That's if the story I real and the convoy was actually heading to a barbing saloon. Why would he even go out for a haircut when as a president he can have the best barber come meet him at home

1 Like

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:15am On May 06, 2016
Even if an African president rides a bicycle, Africans will be the first to abuse him. I still remember how some insulted Buhari for riding in what looked like a keke napep in one of his foreign trips.

1 Like

Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Coldplay89(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2016
amaechi1:
Kenya does not have this kind of well designed roads. Secondly, the drivers behind the wheel are white folks not blacks.

Therefore, stop this character assassination.

That's kinda untrue.....

Kenyan roads network

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=977882&page=6
Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Coldplay89(m): 12:20pm On May 06, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Even if an African president rides a bicycle, Africans will be the first to abuse him. I still remember how some insulted Buhari for riding in what looked like a keke napep in one of his foreign trips.

Remember the Thomas Sankara? Was he not the butt of the joke accross africa for his frugality?
Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Coldplay89(m): 12:23pm On May 06, 2016
Rollingdice:

undecided undecided
Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by MrPolitics: 1:52pm On May 06, 2016
This op doesn't have sense I swear. Just because u have a personal vendetta against kenya's president u think u can just come on here and post false information

Can't u see the cars and the people driving them? The roads too?

How did you know he was going for a haircut? And u think the president won't have an in-house barber? SMH
Re: Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut by Rollingdice(m): 7:32pm On May 06, 2016
MrPolitics:
This op doesn't have sense I swear. Just because u have a personal vendetta against kenya's president u think u can just come on here and post false information

Can't u see the cars and the people driving them? The roads too?

How did you know he was going for a haircut? And u think the president won't have an in-house barber? SMH

I can see you just woke up from sleep. Good morning senseful commenter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

343,460 Defect To APC In Katsina From PDP, APGA, PDM / Biafrans On Self Defense photos / Saraki’s Probe: EFCC Engaging In Persecution, Not Prosecution — Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.