Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading (35498 Views)

Ankara From 2k / 9 ways I Prevented My Ankara Clothes From Fading Quickly / Keeping Your Ankara Fabric From Fading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Monalisa185(f): 10:41am On May 04, 2016
Caring for your ankara fabric requires having a basic knowledge of what type of fabric it is. The hydrophilic nature of ankara fabric gives it the ability to absorb moisture quickly and dry fast. This gives the fabric a cooling effect and makes it perfect for sunny weather.

These are the six best ways to keep your
ankara from fading;

1.Don’t wash with detergent: It’s preferable
to use mild soap when washing with hands, instead of detergent. Detergents easily fade fabrics as they are very harsh, especially on the ankara fabric.

2.Launder ankara only when necessary: It’s
not advisable to wash this fabric often. Just launder only when the need arises.

3.Hand wash your ankara: If you wish to
enjoy your fabric, wash with hands.Washing machines and dryers can be extremely rough on the ankara fabric that you put inside them.

4.Use Baking soda: Stains are sometimes
unavoidable. Try using baking soda or an alternative that is not as harsh as bleach to get rid of stains on your ankara fabric.

5.Treat only the areas that need to be cleaned: There just occasions whereby you
just need to treat only the spots or areas that need to be cleaned and let it air dry.

6.Tossing: Try tossing your ankara fabric
into the wash with a tablespoon of salt. The chloride content of the salt will help seal the colour in. This also works for scarves and rugs.

Do well to pamper your ankara fabric; treat it with great care!
www.madivas.com/6-best-ways-to-keep-your-ankara-fabric-from-fading/

29 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Fynestboi: 10:45am On May 04, 2016
Nice thread.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Nobody: 10:47am On May 04, 2016
this is really informative, nice one wink

4 Likes

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Nobody: 10:48am On May 04, 2016
grin
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Monalisa185(f): 10:51am On May 04, 2016
Fynestboi:
Nice thread.

boss mi, thanchu embarassed cheesy
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Mediapace: 10:52am On May 04, 2016
Aminat508 Omotayor123 Lanicky adeh39 ishilove dominique EWA WORAN
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Monalisa185(f): 10:53am On May 04, 2016
skarlett:
this is really informative, nice one wink

thanks skarlly...i know you don't really like natives thoughgrin
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Aminat508(f): 10:54am On May 04, 2016
Very informative!!!
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by asumo12: 10:55am On May 04, 2016
cool cool cool

Ankara Yebe Yebe o plenty labijan!!!

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Nobody: 10:56am On May 04, 2016
Monalisa185:

thanks skarlly...i know you don't really like natives thoughgrin

Spot on! I don't own any at the moment sef grin grin
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Chumani(f): 10:58am On May 04, 2016
Nagode

But wait ooo, that means l can rock my ankara for more than 2yrs.

1 Like

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Monalisa185(f): 11:11am On May 04, 2016
Chumani:
Nagode

But wait ooo, that means l can rock my ankara for more than 2yrs.

Toh! Bakwomi! Hope I got that correctly?

Of course, yes, I have 2 Ankara wears I sewed late 2014, they are still very much intact... Once you don't over-use it and the above rules are followed (2 or 3 of the rules, at least), you'll be rocking your Ankara even after 2 years...but the Ankara must be of a high quality in order to ease maintenance, as you know, nothing of low quality lasts for long! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Monalisa185(f): 11:15am On May 04, 2016
skarlett:

Spot on! I don't own any at the moment sef grin grin

ahhhhh, babe but why? Oya try and get one or two today, they always look cute, especially on young ladies like yougrin
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Laveda(f): 11:21am On May 04, 2016
As I no come get Ankara embarassed
I'll pass the info to my friends grin

Nice thread Lisa cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Nobody: 11:27am On May 04, 2016
Monalisa185:

ahhhhh, babe but why? Oya try and get one or two today, they always look cute, especially on young ladies like yougrin

no be my fault o! Na some Nigeran tailors and their lifestyle, I gave up on them after the second disappointment. You go see better style for magazine but the one wey dem go sew go be far cry, mgbeke style go even fine pass am grin grin
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by loomer: 11:32am On May 04, 2016
Nice one, even as I no even know anything about clothes
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by IcePrincezzz(f): 11:41am On May 04, 2016
I love Ankara. Its defines and compliments our African beauty perfectly.

Nice one OP.

smiley
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Monalisa185(f): 12:00pm On May 04, 2016
skarlett:

no be my fault o! Na Nigeran tailors and their lifestyle, I gave up on them after the second disappointment. You go see better style for magazine but the one wey dem go sew go be far cry, mgbeke style go even fine pass am grin grin

Lol, I understand your plight though, but it's best you said 'some Nigerian tailors'...I was once in your shoes, not until I found the right tailor for the job, costs a 'fortune', but he knows his job perfectly...I hope you find your mr/Mrs right(tailor)..grin
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Monalisa185(f): 12:02pm On May 04, 2016
Laveda:
As I no come get Ankara embarassed
I'll pass the info to my friends grin

Nice thread Lisa cheesy

that's the spirit, girl! Spread the word!grin...and thankscheesy
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Monalisa185(f): 12:20pm On May 04, 2016
IcePrincezzz:
I love Ankara. Its defines and compliments our African beauty perfectly.

Nice one OP.

smiley

right on point!

Thanksgrin
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 04, 2016
Monalisa185:

Lol, I understand your plight though, but it's best you said 'some Nigerian tailors'...I was once in your shoes, not until I found the right tailor for the job, costs a 'fortune', but he knows his job perfectly...I hope you find your mr/Mrs right(tailor)..grin

I hope so too jawe

1 Like

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by tommykiwi(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2016
Tanx
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by DBossNG(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2016
I see
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by hemartins(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2016
Saved.
It would come in handy someday
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by jammani(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2016
Just buy confirm original and continue to wash calmly like you always do with other cloths
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by EMMANTOP1(m): 1:35pm On May 04, 2016
Noted cheesy
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by timilehing(m): 1:35pm On May 04, 2016
I'll join the "Native attire" club when I get married
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Hillzy(m): 1:37pm On May 04, 2016
Lol. Salt inside acara

1 Like

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by geogino(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2016
You could wash with CANOE detergent. CANOE has been endorsed by Da Viva and it makes your colours last for longer... Canoe Detergent has all it takes to protect your coloured wears while also being gentle on your hands. #alivewithcolour

2 Likes

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Leke001: 1:38pm On May 04, 2016
thank you
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by lailo: 1:39pm On May 04, 2016
Pity----dry cleaners no dey here dis ones oooo.They want to make money sharp sharp.Better put,launder ur Ankara by yaself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Precious Omovong, Miss Delta, Withdraws From MBGN 2017 Pageant / What Stuff Are You Into At The Moment? / Miss Akwa Ibom, Aniebiet Godwin Umanah, 27 Emerges Queen Of Aso Nigeria 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.