Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading (35508 Views)

Ankara From 2k / 9 ways I Prevented My Ankara Clothes From Fading Quickly / Keeping Your Ankara Fabric From Fading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by funmilade4real(m): 1:39pm On May 04, 2016
Ikkk
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Adonispco: 1:40pm On May 04, 2016
Na Super print i dey wear!
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by AyamConfidence(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2016
pk
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by WildChild00(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2016
To add to wat the Op wrote, My grand mother taught me to do the following Use salt and water mix together whenever u wanna wash
secondly, always spread it on an early morning dew!

1 Like

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by 9jatatafo(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2016
Orijin for you OP
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by fartkay(m): 1:52pm On May 04, 2016
Always shade dry not sun dry

1 Like

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by professore(m): 1:55pm On May 04, 2016
Point 6 sounds like a new thing to me,all points are nice though
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by skywalker888(f): 1:59pm On May 04, 2016
This is very informative.. I have learnt something today
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MintxP(m): 2:00pm On May 04, 2016
Nice one !

Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MintxP(m): 2:03pm On May 04, 2016
Repent and accept The Lord Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour and He will give your life a meaning
JOHN 3:16, MATTHEW 6:33
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Meesquared(m): 2:40pm On May 04, 2016
very informative. thanks. I've learnt a few
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by energy411: 2:42pm On May 04, 2016
Monalisa185:
Caring for your ankara fabric requires having a basic knowledge of what type of fabric it is. The hydrophilic nature of ankara fabric gives it the ability to absorb moisture quickly and dry fast. This gives the fabric a cooling effect and makes it perfect for sunny weather.

These are the six best ways to keep your
ankara from fading;

1.Don’t wash with detergent: It’s preferable
to use mild soap when washing with hands, instead of detergent. Detergents easily fade fabrics as they are very harsh, especially on the ankara fabric.

2.Launder ankara only when necessary: It’s
not advisable to wash this fabric often. Just launder only when the need arises.

3.Hand wash your ankara: If you wish to
enjoy your fabric, wash with hands.Washing machines and dryers can be extremely rough on the ankara fabric that you put inside them.

4.Use Baking soda: Stains are sometimes
unavoidable. Try using baking soda or an alternative that is not as harsh as bleach to get rid of stains on your ankara fabric.

5.Treat only the areas that need to be cleaned: There just occasions whereby you
just need to treat only the spots or areas that need to be cleaned and let it air dry.

6.Tossing: Try tossing your ankara fabric
into the wash with a tablespoon of salt. The chloride content of the salt will help seal the colour in. This also works for scarves and rugs.

Do well to pamper your ankara fabric; treat it with great care!
www.madivas.com/6-best-ways-to-keep-your-ankara-fabric-from-fading/
it nice
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by siempere(m): 2:53pm On May 04, 2016
please does salt spoil washing machines
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Omotayor123(f): 3:00pm On May 04, 2016
Mediapace:
Aminat508 Omotayor123 Lanicky adeh39 ishilove dominique EWA WORAN
Noted cheesy
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by sonnie10: 3:05pm On May 04, 2016
I like my akara with pap.
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by Lanretoye(m): 4:06pm On May 04, 2016
after machine don spoil my ankara's finish
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by xreal: 7:16pm On May 04, 2016
All these I do for years now. (Can't remember where I learnt them anymore) my Ankara materials DON'T fade. Trust me.
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2016
funmilade4real 9jatatafo professore

Good morning guys, I'm sorry to bother you all but I really need your help...please help me vote for Lanicky on the on going miss Nairaland contest..

Just type "I vote LANICKY CC: nljega" on this link
https://www.nairaland.com/3180901/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final/3 only your votes can take her to the next round which is the grand finale... Please help keep her in the game, your Votes would really go a long way..

Voting has commenced, closes by 6 pm (West African time) I'm really counting on you guys.. Thanks a lot..

You can also mention my moniker right below your vote so that I can thank you...thanks once more

God bless you!
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 10:30am On Jun 22, 2016
siempere hillzy sonnie10 Lanretoye xreal

Good morning guys, I'm sorry to bother you all but I really need your help...please help me vote for Lanicky on the on going miss Nairaland contest..

https://www.nairaland.com/3180901/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final/3 only your votes can take her to the next round which is the grand finale... Please help keep her in the game, your Votes would really go a long way..

Voting has commenced, closes by 6 pm (West African time) I'm really counting on you guys.. Thanks a lot..

You can also mention my moniker right below your vote so that I can thank you...thanks once more

God bless you
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 10:44am On Jun 22, 2016
beeBeeOoh quid Chosen1984 fratermathy nature8

God bless you
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 10:46am On Jun 22, 2016
Crazymommy thank you very much for voting LANICKy_ yesterday... Very much appreciated, please do it for her again today... Thanks a lot
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 10:47am On Jun 22, 2016
Toydee MoneypassGod olushola1989 kuuljay nnmadiokere45 henrydadon ifex370 israel5 mayorkyzo WHIZKIDEFE zedoo iamdapsyj seunowokade KingOfAmebo mcowubaba omoasero

God bless you
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by crazymommy(f): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2016
MissMonalisa:
Crazymommy thank you very much for voting LANICKy_ yesterday... Very much appreciated, please do it for her again today... Thanks a lot
I have done that about 30 minutes ago...goodluck...
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by siempere(m): 11:15am On Jun 22, 2016
MissMonalisa:

God bless you
Done.
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2016
crazymommy:
I have done that about 30 minutes ago...goodluck...

Awww, thank you soooo much....the grand finale is on Saturday and you can only vote for one candidate.. I want to use this opportunity to solicit for your vote on that day...just gimme your word
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2016
MissMonalisa:

Awww, thank you soooo much....the grand finale is on Saturday and you can only vote for one candidate.. I want to use this opportunity to solicit for your vote on that day...just gimme your word

CC: siempere
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
blackpanda phockphockman dabuilt arewafederation utenwuson

God bless you
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
MissMonalisa:

Toydee MoneypassGod olushola1989 kuuljay nnmadiokere45 henrydadon ifex370 israel5 mayorkyzo WHIZKIDEFE zedoo iamdapsyj seunowokade KingOfAmebo mcowubaba omoasero hillzy klassykute goodheart02 abelism philGeo Omoluabi16 bitchcrafts GoodFaith Minemrys VictorRomanov Babzilla iLegend olatunjithomas sundoj08 oliviarrims frozeen sammyogboso Spiff20 sillyking Sleekydee Rickcutie johnson232 possibilita Kowor Emeka71 mamajohn obadisa Lovelynature Charles4075 MiztaPorsh lrguru pbs4real

God bless you
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by crazymommy(f): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
MissMonalisa:

Lanicky abi??alright....you have my word..
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by arewafederation: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
MissMonalisa:

God bless you

What's in it for me?
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
Mrzenographer frosbel2 millerz scholar8200 orimsamsam eleojo23 sugarvally ebubey timidapsin endoug

God bless you
Re: 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading by MissMonalisa(f): 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
arewafederation:

What's in it for me?

Lol, a whole lot ocheesy let's just ensure she wins first .please I will be counting on your vote on Saturday... Do I have your word?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Stuff Are You Into At The Moment? / Miss Akwa Ibom, Aniebiet Godwin Umanah, 27 Emerges Queen Of Aso Nigeria 2022 / A Beautiful And Glowing Complexion Is All That Matters Be U Light Or Fair Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.