Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. (20092 Views)

Family Of Late Oba Of Benin Are Tenants In The Kingdom-ogiamen Family / Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin / Pics:Benin Palace Chiefs Break The Native Chalk As Mourning Continues 4 Late Oba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by AreaFada2: 6:06pm On May 05, 2016
opineflu:
borne buy the so called ancestor to deceive us all.....
But then you happily copy oyinbo culture. So you prefer deception by other people's ancestors. grin cheesy

I would rather my ancestors, based on their wisdom, philosophy and genuine intentions, deceive than to allow Chinese or American or other such deceive me.
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by AreaFada2: 6:07pm On May 05, 2016
Speakdatruth:
see someone calling another person an illiterate ode
grin cheesy grin
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by iykekelvins(m): 6:09pm On May 05, 2016
Sijo01:

Ride on bro.

This development will favour those who naturally clean shave their hair.

If I may suggest, why not edit your post to reflect the press conference that was released by the palace today, directing all male citizens of Benin kingdom to clean shave their hair in honour of the late monarch.

This is an extract of the press release - The Benin Palace has directed all male
citizens in the kingdom to shave their
head in honour of the late Oba of
Benin, Omo Nā€™ Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo,
Oba Erediauwa.
The Iyase of Benin, Chief Sam Igbe made this know while
addressing news men at the Palace.
Cc:Naijaboiy
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by bokohalal(m): 6:12pm On May 05, 2016
If you are a non-Bini you will not understand the Bini way. OP and many Edos, at home and abroad, are paying respect to our departed Oba. Your cynicism or insult will change nothing. Just look and face front if you cannot withstand our way.
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by NaijaCuzin: 6:14pm On May 05, 2016
EdegbeLine:
In the spirit of paying homage and respect to the late Oba of Benin; Omo n'oba nedo, uku akpolorkpolor, Oba Erediauwa; I, an Edo indigene felt its necessary I also honor our late King, whom other Obas sees and refer to as the KING of kings, so I also had to shaved my hair.

The only thing we Africans have left in us is our culture, tradition and heritage, we must not allow the white to take it away from us.

My your gentle soul rest in perfect peace, the warrior of our time, ISE.
Well done, Haters here just wouldn't understand and value our culture
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by bokohalal(m): 6:15pm On May 05, 2016
Speakdatruth:
culture is just illiteracy

And religion is ignorance
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by opineflu(m): 6:19pm On May 05, 2016
AreaFada2:
But then you happily copy oyinbo culture. So you prefer deception by other people's ancestors. grin cheesy

I would rather my ancestors, based on their wisdom, philosophy and genuine intentions, deceive than to allow Chinese or American or other such deceive me.
what help has our culture been to the development of learning and knowledge??...leave the americans,they know better
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 6:27pm On May 05, 2016
NaijaCuzin:

Well done, Haters here just wouldn't understand and value our culture
Lol, that's their problem, bro; not mine.

Thanks anyway.
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by AreaFada2: 6:29pm On May 05, 2016
opineflu:
what help has our culture been to the development of learning and knowledge??...leave the americans,they know better
What have you invented? Motor car, aeroplanes, and others were invented by ordinary people. Many of those inventions were not even done by highly educated people. It was not culture that invented many things but individual curiosity. What have you contributed? We we now call Western education began in Egypt. With many top officials there being black people, even black pharaohs at some point.

Black contributed to arts and metallurgy. Benin arts, Ife arts, Nok culture arts were not made by clueless people. Maybe your main problem is lack of historical knowledge. Google list of things invented by black people.
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Triczchic(f): 6:48pm On May 05, 2016
U don't look like someone mourning d dead. Looks more like u are advertising ur face like other guys do on NL. U should be sober & not smiling and posing. undecided
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Osyxcel(m): 6:49pm On May 05, 2016
EdegbeLine:

Hope there isn't hold-up on the way?

There is o, but ah go soon reach...
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Triczchic(f): 6:50pm On May 05, 2016
U don't look like someone mourning d dead. Looks more like u are advertising ur face like other guys do on NL. U should be sober & not smiling and posing. undecided

iykekelvins:
Cc:Naijab.oiy

Hahahaha. Don't even bother. The hair is going nowhere! cheesy
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 6:56pm On May 05, 2016
Osyxcel:

There is o, but ah go soon reach...
Waiting for you sir
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Coolgent(m): 7:05pm On May 05, 2016
Picture of Before you shave your hair or adonbilivit
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by iykekelvins(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2016
Triczchic:

Hahahaha. Don't even bother. The hair is going nowhere! cheesy
I know right
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by MentalCase(m): 7:11pm On May 05, 2016
No be the pant seller be dis?
But the guy wowor o undecided
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Osyxcel(m): 7:35pm On May 05, 2016
EdegbeLine:

Waiting for you sir

U no dey tire to wait? undecided
I giff up angry
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 05, 2016
This is how people kill themselves! No one but THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND EARTH is ascribed as the KING OF kings. call your obas to order!!
EdegbeLine:
In ; I, an Edo indigene felt its necessary I also honor our late King, whom other Obas sees and refer to as the [b][/b]KING of kings, so I also had to shaved my hair.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 7:37pm On May 05, 2016
Osyxcel:

U no dey tire to wait? undecided . . . . . . . I giff up angry
I'm still waiting.
Give down, and I will stop
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 7:39pm On May 05, 2016
MentalCase:
No be the pant seller be dis? But the guy wowor o undecided
I forgive you!
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Jentilia(f): 7:41pm On May 05, 2016
it will still grow naa.

Tot it was a lady that shaved her hair.
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Danfuster(m): 7:45pm On May 05, 2016
OP is only looking for cheap attention, you definitely can't have a rhyming color as your face from a first skin head shave, your head would definitely be fairer angry
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Druhill(m): 7:46pm On May 05, 2016
EdegbeLine:
In the spirit of paying homage and respect to the late Oba of Benin; Omo n'oba nedo, uku akpolorkpolor, Oba Erediauwa; I, an Edo indigene felt its necessary I also honor our late King, whom other Obas sees and refer to as the KING of kings, so I also had to shaved my hair.

The only thing we Africans have left in us is our culture, tradition and heritage, we must not allow the white to take it away from us.

My your gentle soul rest in perfect peace, the warrior of our time, ISE.
I hope the Abobaku never run?
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 7:47pm On May 05, 2016
Jentilia:
it will still grow naa.

Tot it was a lady that shaved her hair.
The statement from the oba's palace said "All Men Should Shave Their Hair", and this exclude women.
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Jentilia(f): 7:49pm On May 05, 2016
EdegbeLine:

The statement from the oba's palace said "All Men Should Shave Their Hair", and this exclude women.
ok
I didn't know,thanks for the clarification and check my signature too wink
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 7:50pm On May 05, 2016
Triczchic:
Ohhh, this is new; you mean Nairaland is a museum?
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 7:57pm On May 05, 2016
Jentilia:
ok
I didn't know,thanks for the clarification and check my signature too wink
No prob.

BTW, lol, I actually saw your signature even before this directive from you.

Its good, she is cool, but .....
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Jentilia(f): 8:00pm On May 05, 2016
EdegbeLine:

No prob.

BTW, lol, I actually saw your signature even before this directive from you.

Its good, she is cool, but .....
but what??

you already have a candidate?
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 8:01pm On May 05, 2016
Druhill:
I hope the Abobaku never run?
No, you haven't.
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 8:04pm On May 05, 2016
Danfuster:
OP is only looking for cheap attention, you definitely can't have a rhyming color as your face from a first skin head shave, your head would definitely be fairer angry
If you say so bro.
Its obvious I'm already getting it.
I'm happy. Smh
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 8:05pm On May 05, 2016
Jentilia:
but what??
you already have a candidate?
Something like that.
But we can still work things out, what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi: "If You Don't Have Money, Don't Give Birth To Many Children" / 21 Ibadan Kings To Dethrone Olubadan / Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.