Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up (45973 Views)

“I Won’t Reply Dms Again” - Davido Flares Up After A Fan Lied (pics) / Actress Bevely Naya Sides With Omawumi On Her Her Interview -walk-out / Olajumoke Pictured Withmo Abudu,omoni Oboli, Omawumi On Women's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by shamecurls(m): 1:28am On May 05, 2016
Na Gobacom smoking and drinking ambassador na...

Why dem go dey ask am dat kind question
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Lenny5k: 1:47am On May 05, 2016
anitank:
good! atleast this would teach interviewers to compose relevant questions they want to ask before inviting someone for an interview. If you haven't seen her do it before why ask such a silly question?

Actually this is good for the TV Station.... In the WEST, to have this type of moment with a star, where she walks out because of a question? Wow! It will blow your Station up... See Interviewers like "YOU OWN MIND" they are to act as the Mind of the Viewers that wonders about so many things... The Interviewers are not themselves, they are acting on behalf of the Viewers and there is actually no Question that they cannot not ask! They can even ask her, Are you a Lesbian?... It is left for her to say Yes or No! That is how this thing works, you do not get annoyed and run off

4 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Atalia: 1:47am On May 05, 2016
hmmm
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Atalia: 1:48am On May 05, 2016
wonderful
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by madjune(m): 1:48am On May 05, 2016
Do you MEAN me well?

See as she carry her yansh comot.

This matter neva finish o.

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by swaggprofessor(m): 1:51am On May 05, 2016
I trust my warri babes dem dey vex b4 them think. No surprise say she go create anoda video to apollogise soonest......
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by hresso: 2:00am On May 05, 2016
undecided
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by 3sha4lyf: 2:27am On May 05, 2016
anitank:
good! atleast this would teach interviewers to compose relevant questions they want to ask before inviting someone for an interview. If you haven't seen her do it before why ask such a silly question?

What do you understand by the word "Rumour"? Guess you have no idea what it means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Chicent(m): 2:35am On May 05, 2016
It all depends on how she was asked the questions. If u heard it as a rumour u start by asking it as such. Its so simple.....

But her outburst shows she does smokes(or so i thought).

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by 3sha4lyf: 2:40am On May 05, 2016
anitank:

with the way social media spreads news faster than wild fire these days, "simply" denying such allegations and "laughing over it" won't bring it to rest. Next thing you know people would read all sorts of meaning into it and bring up even more allegations. I don't think anybody would want to ask her such questions after this

Yes truly, no one may wanna ask her such questions like this, after this, but people will definitely form their opinion like, a Rumour she failed to debunk actually has some facts. Now brand leaders will be listening. Sponsors would be on the watch. They will listen to people's opinions about who they wanna make their ambassador. See, image management matters a lot. It would have been better if she just said "I'm sorry I won't answer that question"... After all, the guy Ebuka asked on Rubbing minds to defend his age declined commenting on it. I personally don't think she needed show some arrogance at a Rumour. After all, she knew she was going for an interview with a "juicy stories" media house

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Nobody: 2:40am On May 05, 2016
Hw she go fit answer. No b she sing If u ask me na who I go ask ?
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by playtheblues(f): 3:13am On May 05, 2016
"Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbour. "

idupaul:
But she smokes and drinks na..i have seen her smoke and drink a of times in the club

2 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by playtheblues(f): 3:17am On May 05, 2016
That interviewer said that there's a rumour that Omawumi smokes.

My question is: who amongst us here had heard that 'rumour' before this interview?

The truth of the matter is that there was no rumour except the one the journalist was hoping to start.

These journalists can be very mean sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by oyindelacreme(f): 4:01am On May 05, 2016
Well thw question was unnecesaary though, even if it was a habit, she doesnt owe anyone any explanation. I haff talk my own

Www.whistlingbeautiful.
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by searchng4love: 4:14am On May 05, 2016
haibe:

I think she's actually guilty of it and therfore didn't like as it's exposed on national TV. If she wasn't guilty, it's easy for her to have debunked the rumour.
After Tiwa's meltdown you'd be careful with what you expose on national television
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by kolokolobi(m): 4:19am On May 05, 2016
I laugh. Not at Omawunmi first of all but at all people here saying the journalist had no right to ask the question or any other questions. At Omawunmi's level she should know if it was better to sponsor the interview by packaging it to her own taste or go out there and be a sitting target. Bulls eye doesn't come with much effort with that. For people that don't know any journalist can ask you any question. You have the right to answer the question or not or even parry it and water down the atmosphere by turning it into a joke. Furthermore you go and be interviewed where you can best get mileage, be pampered or be prepared for ballistics. Obama, being a savvy and extremely intelligent person walked into a fox news interview. At a point he had to tell the interviewer... Let me finish. He knew fox was a hot GOP arena and acquitted himself very very well. In fact at the end of the interview, the interviewer looked him in the eye with a hint of respect that he was just doing his job.
I'm not here to defend Omawunmi's lifestyle as I know her a bit more than from the surface. It is also her life if she does any of what was asked. Like we don't already know. However, she wasn't smart by the way she handled it. Infact she was immature and should know better. Her PR team don't even know their onions.
The price of being a celebrity is that you've put yourself in public domain. You can ride the fame well or it will devour you. Recent events show what and how the media can affect lives careers and even marriages. That's why some engage a media team to manage it for them.
Finally, you could choose to be like Enya, queen of the Irish pop scene. Worth $54M leaving alone in a castle with her cats. If you ask me.... Na who I go ask.

6 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by wink2015(m): 4:39am On May 05, 2016
Pranxta:
All this interviewers sef, be bringin up unneccessary topics. So tell me how does her drinking and smoking habits(i.e if she does do either of that) affect her singing or her self esteem?

We haven't heard anything bad about her naa

what are you saying?
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by emeka2847: 5:01am On May 05, 2016
I'm her fan. I am disappointed.
Very uncultured.

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by hardbody: 5:08am On May 05, 2016
Afrok:
Why dem go ask her questions about something she POSSIBLY did before the interview? shocked

Reminds me of an aircraft attendant asking me where my cigarrette ighter was as I was boarding a craft. He smelt something I did shortly before i came into the lounge and checked in. I simply smiled at him and told him I wasn't dumb
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by nzgal: 5:29am On May 05, 2016
oatzeal:
Omawumi flares up and storms off set after being asked about her smoking and drinking habit (WATCH)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2kUNzxZpbY

Omawumi flares up and storms off set after being asked about her smoking and drinking habit, and how it affects her image as a role model during an interview with HFtv Africa....

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/05/omawumi-flares-up-and-storms-off-set.html

The interviewer ppsed the questions wrongly with assumptions. Her question should have been, "there are some unconfirmred rumours going around that you smoke, do you?"

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Slapsticker: 5:31am On May 05, 2016
OBJ almost walked out on the hard talk guy (I think John) with all his facts and figures.

"There is a giver and taker in corruption ". I was like seriously?

Even when he was asked about iyabo, he claimed he couldn't answer for an adult. grin

Managers storm out of the press room too. It's no big deal.
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Reference(m): 5:34am On May 05, 2016
Role model of whom, to whom....

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by haibe(m): 5:34am On May 05, 2016
Lilteece:
u that don't smoke what have u achieved? We all paint our celebrities bad because of bad blood

Which told you I don't smoke? You really had a problem comprehending my simple post, so saying she is seems guilty means I am painting her bad?
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by tunbebes(f): 5:45am On May 05, 2016
playtheblues:
That interviewer said that there's a rumour that Omawumi smokes.

My question is: who amongst us here had heard that 'rumour' before this interview?

The truth of the matter is that there was no rumour except the one the journalist was hoping to start.

These journalists can be very mean sometimes.

I've heard it and I don't think it's a rumour. She smokes but it's possible marriage has changed he'd her sha.

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by haibe(m): 5:46am On May 05, 2016
3sha4lyf:

What do you understand by the word "Rumour"? Guess you have no idea what it means.

Lmao just was what I was thinking too.. seems most people here including omawunmi do not know what rumour mean. The lady said it's a rumour and omawunmi was saying why did she ask if she hasn't seen her smoke. She obviously doesn't know the meaning of rumour

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by oz4real83(m): 5:48am On May 05, 2016
Joyce28:
Omawunmi Smoking & drinking
Na wao! another story again grin
that was why T Bleez preferred her to Tiwa savage. She will make a good smoking and drinking companion! Na joke ooooo!
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by haibe(m): 5:48am On May 05, 2016
Chicent:
It all depends on how she was asked the questions. If u heard it as a rumour u start by asking it as such. Its so simple.....

But her outburst shows she does smokes(or so i thought).

Yea right, psychologically her outburst shows she does smoke and didn't like as it was exposed publicly. If she doesn't smoke, it would be a great avenue for her to deny such. But since she's guilty as charged, she has no defence and resulted to the outburst

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by jesuspikinjp(m): 5:50am On May 05, 2016
which village is this from ? even though the lady asked her a silly question she shouldn't have flared up like that. smoking and drinking are now a big deal in Nigeria
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by KelvinC1(m): 5:59am On May 05, 2016
anitank:
Have they seen you bleeping before.?
But people mess and you mess too
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by 9jatatafo(m): 6:03am On May 05, 2016
Her life
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Chicent(m): 6:12am On May 05, 2016
playtheblues:
"Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbour. "

whats false witness about that, does it mean there are no people around her that know her and what she does. I havent seen her/been with her since she came to limelight i would have known.

But if u talk about some other celebs female..... I can beat my chest and tell u they are, Cuz i have seen them do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wizkid Is Sick, Cancels His Tour And Begs His Fans To Pray For Him / The Threat Burna Boy Sent To Mr 2kay On Twitter That Implicated Him (Screenshot) / Tonto Dikeh Spotted With Regina Daniels (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.