Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Bullied - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bullied (874 Views)

BULLIED By Freakywrites / Bullied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bullied by Juliet001(f): 12:05am On May 05, 2016
It was an eerily late night. A boy walked alone on the road, pressing the torch in his hands in order to see the pathway. His school uniform was soiled with dirt and torn at each side of the sleeves. It hung tightly pressed to his body. He didn't know where he was going, but knew what needed to be done. Glancing around him while illuminating his surroundings, it occurred to him that he was the only one on the road. The atmosphere was cool and calm except the chirping of birds as well as hooting of owls. He increased his pace.
He reached his destination at a green phone booth opposite the school gate. People rarely used it because everyone had their own cellphones, but not all students in Greenville High school, Lagos had one . Therefore, the phone booth was often filled with students and few passersby who needed to make urgent call. He carefully entered inside, his eyes roaming around the phone booth. This is his first time of being here. He pulled out the receiver and held it to his ear as he dialled a number written on a piece of paper.
A woman picked on the third ring of her phone. "Who is this person calling at this time of the night?" She asked groggily as she sat upright on her bed.
"Stop what you are doing. All actions have consequences and you must pay for YOURS" he quickly whispered.
Bimbo Jacobs dropped her phone. Beads of sweat ran down her face in fear.. The words of the caller sent a cold shiver down her spine. She picked the cell phone again and clutched it in her hands as she shouted into it "who are you and how did you get my number?"
"That's for you to figure out and for me to know" His voice laced with mischief. "Don't worry we will see soon."
The caller hung up, leaving Bimbo dazed. What is the meaning of this? What is that act the caller was warning about? She is just a form lteacher in Greenville High school with a family. Her eyes went to her husband lying beside her. She hoped the call didn't interrupt his sleep. She didn't make enemies that much. The caller sounded like a boy's. Concluding that this must be a childish game played by one of her miscreant students, she went back to sleep.

Chapter one
Students of Greenville High dispersed into their class after the Monday morning assembly in twos and threes. The students of Ss1 platinum were already seated waiting for their form mistress. Some were chattering, gossiping and others discussing about the previous weekend. Ifenna sat alone in the back row, moping at his classmates. Two boys in front of him argued about last night's football game.
"Guy, Arsenal did not merit that their win o, see Lionel messi is the only best player there, others are just mediocre" one of the guys said.
"Is it now Real Madrid that should win? You just can't accept your favorite club's loss"
In front of the class, four girls were learning some new dance steps. Ifenna brought out his Economics textbook and tried to study but the loud noise in the class entered his brain very well than the books. He closed the book in frustration and hit it hard on his desk. The sound reverberated around the whole class. For a moment, there was a little silence. This garnered him looks from all his classmates.
"Are you mad? Piss-piss boy! Why are you disturbing the classe?" Kingsley, the tallest guy in class shouted.
Ifenna opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out. "Piss-piss boy" was what the whole school called him especially his classmates. The taunting name stung as well as the incident that gave birth to the name. He didn't want to remember that awful day. It was the most humiliated day of his life. The name stuck to his life in this school like a red stain on a white clothe. He looked up to see that all the class were all their feet. He stood up too.
Bimbo entered her class with tired eyes. She didn't sleep well last night. The mysterious call kept on disturbing her. There was something about that voice....
"Good morning, Mrs Bimbo!" All the class greeted in chorus.
"Good morning to you too. Hope you all had a good night rest?"
"Yes!"
"Now listen to your names" she said as she brought out the class register from her drawer.
As she called out their names, she wondered if she had mentioned her caller's name. That is if the caller is in her class.
It is break time. Students dispersed into the field. Many activities like football and basketball were going on for boys. Girls were playing game box in one corner. Youth exuberance clouded the atmosphere in its essence. Ifenna stood alone beside the football court. He really liked football in fact he was one of the best players in his former school. He was filled with excitement and hope of continuing his football legacy but all was quashed in his first two weeks. He missed football and his friends. God, he missed village life. The communal life, joy of bathing in the stream every morning, and mama's delicious food. Here in lagos, he felt like an alien. He had no friend and playmate. Why did Mama abandon him here? Both of them were happy living together in their tiny room apartment. They might be poor, have two- meal a day with mama's foodstuffs kiosk as their only source of living but he was okay and contented there. The only discomfort he had was that of nothing having a father. He grew up living with his mother. Any time he brought up the question of who his father is and whether he's alive, mama will burst into tears immediately without saying anything. Ifenna would end up consoling her. Last time, he made her a promise not to mention the father issue again.
However, on his fifteenth birthday around five am, mama started packing his clothes and other belongings. He asked " mama why are you not packing yours. Are we moving out?"
"Yes, we are going to Lagos. You will be able to study in a large school building, see the street lights, go to picnics and excursion like all these city children that come back for Christmas do, nna a"
"Really, you are coming with me right?" He asked again.
"Of course. How can I live without my only child? Nna m" she answered, ruffling his hair as she smiled.
They left on a train and arrived safely to Lagos in the evening. Ifenna noticed people crowded the city. Some streets and highway were dirty. He held tightly to his mother's hand as they entered a taxi car. The taxi stopped in front of a big and beautiful office building. It is so tall that Ifenna thought his neck would break from looking up to see where the roof zinc is located at. Mama led him inside and he was astonished at the coloured furniture and fixtures of the reception hall. Any person who works here must be very rich.
"Do you know anybody here, Mama?" Ifenna asked as Mama approached the receptionist lady in black and navy blue attire.
"How can I help you ma'am?"
Mama brought out a gold business card and gave her. The receptionist whose name tag read "Ify" scrutinized the card. She glanced at the mother and son standing before her and her eyes went back to the card again.
"You are looking for the the CEO Mr. Uzoh?"
Mama nodded her reply.
The receptionist dialled a number on a telecom at her desk and spoke quickly into it. She ended the call as she turned to them "follow me."
She led Ifenna and his mother through the corridors and passage with many office doors until they stopped in front of an elevator door. The young lady entered and they followed "His office is on the 6th floor" she said as she pressed the 6th button. During the ride, Ifenna held his mother's hand tightly until they got off. He had never been this afraid and nervous since he has not been in such a lift before. Mama noticed his distress and anguish as she held his hand and smiled. She thought 'My son has come Lagos'. The passed many office doors until the receptionist opened the last one at the right. A tall, chocolate man in his early forties stood up behind his executive table and came around to where they are standing. His eyes glued to Ifenna as he asked wryly "Is this our son, Nkiru?"

1 Like

Re: Bullied by Chigold121(f): 11:31pm On May 05, 2016
following..................................................................................................................................................
Re: Bullied by Bobolayefa(m): 11:47pm On May 05, 2016
front row
Re: Bullied by Missmossy(f): 2:14pm On May 06, 2016
Beautiful piece!!
Re: Bullied by frank1998(m): 10:07pm On May 06, 2016
Nice work o.p .....more grease to ur pen.*ur update is slow, pls try at least to upload twice in a day*
Re: Bullied by joanee20(f): 10:53am On May 08, 2016
Following..
Re: Bullied by Juliet001(f): 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
First of all, I will start by apologizing for my late post. Many things contributed to it especially not having a website or avenue to type my stories. I am grateful for all the positive comments. I assure that am going to bring more focus and consistency here, so tighten your seatbelts and enjoy my imaginative ride with me.

Yours runaway writer,
Juliet. ( julietekwealor1@gmail.com)

Chapter Two
The break was finally over. All students went into their classes in twos and threes. Ifenna walked alone. Just in front of his class, at the door he stumbled. He looked up to see Zion and Kingsley, in front of him.

"Watch where you are going, little boy. We cannot run into the same path." Zion lashed out.

"Hey, Z don't mind him." Kingsley brought out Twenty naira notes and threw at Ifenna "Go and buy two cold satchet water for us. Don't keep us waiting! You have 2 minutes."

Ifenna picked the notes and ran quickly to the canteen. He gasped for air as he hurried back to the class.

"Jeez! you came back on time. Such a good and obedient child, you are" Kingsley jeered.

All the class boys started laughing and girls giggled. Ifenna stood in front of the class staring at them. Why must he be the object of their mockery and amusement?. He wished the ground will open to swallow him.

Turning to the door in order to run away from the class, he bumped into a body.

"Are you blind?" a voice chided.

The whole class bust into a loud laughter again. Ifenna looked up and his eyes met with the glaring ones of Mrs. Bimbo, their form teacher.

"Sorry Ma, sorry, am s..orry, so..."

"Enough! what is going on here"

Author's Note:
Thanks for waiting and believing in me. share, like and follow my work. Am really New on nairaland and am anxious to meet new friends here. Next update: TOMORROW UNFAILINGLY*God help me to keep my promise*

(1) (Reply)

My First Pregnancy / Must Read: The Er0tic Blurry Night With Another Girl / Papa's New Wife : A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.