Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names (10934 Views)

How To Get The Details Of A .ng Domain Registrant / Where Can I Get A Cheap .com.ng Or .com Domain / .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by gerytony(m): 1:37am On May 05, 2016
. ng or .Com.ng domain is good when targeting audience . See reasons.
Menu
Domains .ng ₦15,000 .com.ng ₦2,000 .com ₦2,400
Why .ng Domains

Home / .ng domains / Why register .ng domains?
WHY REGISTER .NG DOMAINS
.ng domain names are the best choice especially when you're targetting a Nigerian web audience. We list why.

1. Target Nigeria

If Nigeria is your target market, then we strongly suggest that you register a .ng domain name. If you do not intend to design a customized website for residents of Nigeria, you can re-direct traffic to your (more popular?) .com/.net/.org or any other international top-level domain (TLD).
Doing business with a .ng domain shows you are serious about your Nigerian audience/customers.
2. Rank well on Google Nigeria

Why are we mentioning Google? Google is by far the leading search engine on the WWW (Internet) today. It is also the only major search engine that has a version for Nigeria.
Google Nigeria offers it's users an option of searching Nigerian websites only. Apart from GeoIP location, Google's other means of determining Nigerian websites is the .ng TLD. In a nutshell, Google will correctly determine your website as a Nigerian website, if you are using a .ng domain even if your website is hosted outside Nigeria, and does not use a Nigerian IP address.
3. Help develop Nigeria's ICT infrastructure

Are you a Nigerian citizen/company/organization? You should be proud to show your Nigerian identity online too.
Other countries' domains like Germany (.de), United Kingdom (.co.uk), France (.fr), South Africa (.co.za) amongst many others, are very popular, because the website owners in the respective countries prefer their country's domain suffix, to .com/.net/.org, amongst other reasons. You too can help develop Nigeria's Information / Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure, by registering .ng domains.
This is just a first step towards development. With .ng being popular, we can then agitate for Nigerian websites to be hosted in Nigeria. We can then develop more Internet exchanges, and keep Nigerian Internet traffic local. Other countries have done it, we can do it, and do it better. smiley
4. Avoid cyber-squatting

You probably already own a very valuable brand, that is widely recognized in Nigeria? You already have the .com form of your domain name? You should consider registering a .com.ng as well. If you are not ready to create a website for Nigeria, you can re-direct traffic to from your .com.ng to your .com domain name.
5. Other TLDs are taken

This should be the last reason why you would consider a .ng domain. Your business name is Web4Africa for example? web4africa.com is taken? Why bother about web4africa-something-somewhere.com? Why not simply register web4africa.com.ng?
This way, you maintain a short and easy to remember domain name, while still targetting a Nigerian audience, ranking well on Google Nigeria, and helping developing Nigeria's ICT infrastructure.
Source. Web4africa.com

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by TPAND(f): 4:41am On May 05, 2016
Good one I'm interested

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by alexintech(f): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
thanks for this, i really have a big question to ask, and i would start like this i have a classified website, wen i was planing to buy the domain i wanted to buy a .com domain because i wanted to target few African country but the name i wanted to use is already registered by some one else and it for sale which is myjojo.com so i decided to go for http://myjojo.com.ng which was available, my question is can i still ad other countries to my site to post ad since it a .ng domain.

1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by Chuksemi(m): 6:29am On Sep 05, 2016
Due to currency decline. Most of these things have become unaffordable for the average blogger.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by Mandynews(f): 6:31am On Sep 05, 2016
Nice! Just like mine http://lifedrama.com.ng/ God bless Nigeria.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 05, 2016
Why is .ng more expensive than others

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by GreatManBee: 6:32am On Sep 05, 2016
Educative
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by hardewaley04(m): 6:37am On Sep 05, 2016
sanky346:
Why is .ng more expensive than others

I think that was a mistake, .ng is #1500 not #15000

Just the way I did my own too, www.yasartechltd.com.ng
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by sommyblaze(m): 6:43am On Sep 05, 2016
nice piece
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by zibi5: 6:55am On Sep 05, 2016
I prefer .COM domain from godaddy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by jstemmanex(m): 7:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Pls wats d estimate of havin a website, a guy told me 10k last wk nd wit d prices I c here, cld he av added d cost of web designing
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by pxjosh(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2016
Since I don't have much on me right now, I'm planning on getting a .com.ng domain for like #1500 and then host it in 000webhost free host.

Will this be a good idea to try out or there are other better alternatives?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:19am On Sep 05, 2016
jstemmanex:
Pls wats d estimate of havin a website, a guy told me 10k last wk nd wit d prices I c here, cld he av added d cost of web designing
depends on the Website and the ability of a website, some websites cost 15k, some are 25k some are even 500k and above, but note that the cost of website design is directly proportional to the demands of the client, ability and experience of the web designer.
Visit www.novacomng.com for more info
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 05, 2016
I'm interested please in .com.my blog is me thou
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by Dahiruhash(m): 7:27am On Sep 05, 2016
alexintech:
thanks for this, i really have a big question to ask, and i would start like this i have a classified website, wen i was planing to buy the domain i wanted to buy a .com domain because i wanted to target few African country but the name i wanted to use is already registered by some one else and it for sale which is myjojo.com so i decided to go for http://myjojo.com.ng which was available, my question is can i still ad other countries to my site to post ad since it a .ng domain.
The fact is dah u can target all the countries but some people may think dah the site is just meant to be for nigerians from the domain name .ng that is for new internet users so i will advise u to look for .net or something of dah nature.
Note: dah u can target all countries in the world by any type of domain either.ng,.com,.net .etc
But how while selecting your target audience use "not specify" that is it.

For more info.
08165878679 whatsapp
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by MisterGrace: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2016
jstemmanex:

Those are the web design market spoilers...
Actually, I think he just wants to hang your domain on somebody else's hosting or maybe even allocate a 400 mb space to you. Trust me, you won't enjoy nothing.

My advice is, if you are serious about your business, make sure you have your hosting and design done properly and for you alone.

Please visit www.econceptsglobal.com for more info.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2016
gerytony:
Menu
Why .ng Domains

WHY REGISTER .NG DOMAINS
.ng domain names are the best choice especially when you're targetting a Nigerian web audience. We list why.

1. Target Nigeria

If Nigeria is your target market, then we strongly suggest that you register a .ng domain name. If you do not intend to design a customized website for residents of Nigeria, you can re-direct traffic to your (more popular?) .com/.net/.org or any other international top-level domain (TLD).
Doing business with a .ng domain shows you are serious about your Nigerian audience/customers.

Why are we mentioning Google? Google is by far the leading search engine on the WWW (Internet) today. It is also the only major search engine that has a version for Nigeria.
Google Nigeria offers it's users an option of searching Nigerian websites only. Apart from GeoIP location, Google's other means of determining Nigerian websites is the .ng TLD. In a nutshell, Google will correctly determine your website as a Nigerian website, if you are using a .ng domain even if your website is hosted outside Nigeria, and does not use a Nigerian IP address.

Are you a Nigerian citizen/company/organization? You should be proud to show your Nigerian identity online too.
Other countries' domains like Germany (.de), United Kingdom (.co.uk), France (.fr), South Africa (.co.za) amongst many others, are very popular, because the website owners in the respective countries prefer their country's domain suffix, to .com/.net/.org, amongst other reasons. You too can help develop Nigeria's Information / Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure, by registering .ng domains.
This is just a first step towards development. With .ng being popular, we can then agitate for Nigerian websites to be hosted in Nigeria. We can then develop more Internet exchanges, and keep Nigerian Internet traffic local. Other countries have done it, we can do it, and do it better. smiley
4. Avoid cyber-squatting

You probably already own a very valuable brand, that is widely recognized in Nigeria? You already have the .com form of your domain name? You should consider registering a .com.ng as well. If you are not ready to create a website for Nigeria, you can re-direct traffic to from your .com.ng to your .com domain name.
5. Other TLDs are taken

This should be the last reason why you would consider a .ng domain. Your business name is Web4Africa for example? web4africa.com is taken? Why bother about web4africa-something-somewhere.com? Why not simply register web4africa.com.ng?
This way, you maintain a short and easy to remember domain name, while still targetting a Nigerian audience, ranking well on Google Nigeria, and helping developing Nigeria's ICT infrastructure.
Source. Web4africa.com

i want to get a domain name for my blog but i knw next to nothing abt web related stuffs especially dis price price tins. Pls ur help will be appreciated.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by toheebDOTcom(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2016
jstemmanex:

Oops! Maybe you should ask him. Ask him about hosting as well.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by adewasco2k(m): 7:38am On Sep 05, 2016
hardewaley04:

.ng is different from .com.ng

.ng is N15,000 while .com.ng is N1,500

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by adewasco2k(m): 7:40am On Sep 05, 2016
MissHatey:
I'm interested please in .com.my blog is me thou

Didn't get your question
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 05, 2016
adewasco2k:

Didn't get your question
Ooops!
I'm sorry.
I mean I'm interested in .com but my blog is new.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by adewasco2k(m): 7:55am On Sep 05, 2016
MissHatey:
Ooops!
I'm sorry.
I mean I'm interested in .com but my blog is new.

I guess you are currently on .

You can get a .com for that. It will portray a better image of your blog
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 05, 2016
adewasco2k:

I guess you are currently on .

You can get a .com for that. It will portray a better image of your blog
yes, I'm on .
That .com is 15k right?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by Ghidey(m): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2016
as much as your article makes sense but you didn't practice what you preach.
you sounded like Nigerian politicians and pastors who tell you this but do otherwise.
please contact me on 08028266988.
I'm planning a classified website.
regards
gerytony:
Menu
Why .ng Domains

WHY REGISTER .NG DOMAINS

1. Target Nigeria

4. Avoid cyber-squatting

5. Other TLDs are taken

Source. Web4africa.com
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by coolplanet: 8:06am On Sep 05, 2016
alexintech:

Goodmorning chief,

Please how did u develop your site.I want to go into sales of cosmetics and supermarket stuffs.I will appreciate your prompt response.regards
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by sekzy99(m): 8:06am On Sep 05, 2016
hardewaley04:

how do I purchase the domain?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by sekzy99(m): 8:17am On Sep 05, 2016
pxjosh:
Since I don't have much on me right now, I'm planning on getting a .com.ng domain for like #1500 and then host it in 000webhost free host.

Will this be a good idea to try out or there are other better alternatives?
gimme link to purchase a domain
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by olamds(m): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2016
Your info is welcoming.....Thanks...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by GoodMuyis(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2016
MissHatey:
Ooops! I'm sorry. I mean I'm interested in .com but my blog is new.
PM I will epp you
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by GloShare(m): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2016
Nonsense....

Nigerian traffic is like a plague, and if you're hoping to make money through Adsense, then you're on a long thing, Nigerian clicks are a plague.

Besides, not a lot of folks will remember the .ng

I have a .com.ng blog, but I occasionally visit the .com before I remember.

Put your mind at ease with a .com

Dahiruhash:

The fact is dah u can target all the countries but some people may think dah the site is just meant to be for nigerians from the domain name .ng that is for new internet users so i will advise u to look for .net or something of dah nature.
Note: dah u can target all countries in the world by any type of domain either.ng,.com,.net .etc
But how while selecting your target audience use "not specify" that is it.
For more info.
08165878679 whatsapp

No, alexintech cannot target other countries. If he even uses webmaster tools, Google will inform him that due to his domain, his website is already targeted at Nigeria.

Meaning he can only benefit from Google.com.ng searches.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names by GloShare(m): 8:39am On Sep 05, 2016
sekzy99:
gimme link to purchase a domain

Use domainking.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can One Do With Html / How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? / How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.