Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:22 PM

Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death (13442 Views)

Throwback: Dora Akunyili Battled The Cabal Under Yaradua (Video) / Buhari's Health: His Time Is Almost Up Like Yaradua, World Will Be Shocked - FFK / Umaru Musa Yar'adua With His Wife And Daughter (2) (3) (4)

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by luvinhubby(m): 8:05am On May 05, 2016
R.I.P to a great servant leader.

Your brother has destroyed what you helped to build.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by wink2015(m): 8:06am On May 05, 2016
[size=18pt]It is interesting to learn that the late President Musa Yar Adua has another wife by name Hauwa Umar Radda (1992–97)

I thought Turai was the only wife. The revelation is not surprising to me as muslim they are required by their religion to marry more than one wife.[/size]
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by aare07(m): 8:08am On May 05, 2016
cutestcee:
I never believed he died on the declared date.. I strongly think he died earlier, it was covered up by money, to loot Nigerian money
Rip though
And so

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by donkross1(m): 8:09am On May 05, 2016
M.k.o Abiola - Best we never had

Umaru Yar'adua - Best we ever had

P.m. Buhari - ______________
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Nobody: 8:09am On May 05, 2016
Our amiable aconist intellectual president,..we Nigeria do missed ur tremendous leadership,..continually rest in peace,..
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by laprince(m): 8:09am On May 05, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
That means today could have made it 6 years that Jonathan took over as acting President. But some people, mostly Yorubas have been shouting "6 years of Jonathan's rule" since as far back as 2014.
SMH

I had a thread about this 6 years propaganda thing some time ago. They came for my head!

Am happy simple Mathematics didn't elude you like many folks out there.

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Apelex(m): 8:12am On May 05, 2016
I miss this man.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by TedBaker(m): 8:13am On May 05, 2016
RIP my amiable president. Rest on
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by cutestcee: 8:15am On May 05, 2016
aare07:

And so
It means not all Nigerians were scammed, some of us still knew what happened
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by shogotermies(m): 8:22am On May 05, 2016
amtaken come and tell me that, his death is buhari's fault...
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by faaz24: 8:24am On May 05, 2016
madridguy:
Ya'ayatuha Nofunsun Mutmoheenot, Irjijihi ila Robiqa Rodiata Moridiata Fadukuli fihi ibadi wadikuli Fili-Janat.

Faroohu waro'ainu wajanatu Naheem. Amin

Ya Ustaz !

Nice one

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Tripleclick(m): 8:25am On May 05, 2016
BABA YARA WE IGBOS MISSED YOU SO MUCH, YOU MADE US TO BE PROUD OF BEEN A NIGERIANs FOR ONCE... YOU NEARLY GAVE US A SEAPORT.. IF YOU ARE TO BE ALIVE..NIGER BRIDGE SHOULD HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, AND SOUTH EAST WITH SEAPORT... OUR FEDERAL ROADS WE BE TARRED... THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER FOR JUST 2YEARS.... AND BUBU IS ONE YEAR OLD BUT HAVE NOT BUILD A SINGLE THING
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by wexyee: 8:27am On May 05, 2016
fiizznation:
A good man that lived a very simple life. Ya Allah ka jikan marigayi Umaru musa yar'adua, Ya Allah ka kai rahman ka a kabarin shi kuma ka sa ya huta. Ya Allah idan ta mu locakin ta zo, ka sa mu cika da imani. Ameen summa Ameen
Ameen ya allah

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by samilaki: 8:30am On May 05, 2016
Rest on a Leader of truth!
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by lagosrd: 8:31am On May 05, 2016
amzee:
The immediate family members of former President Umaru Musa Yar’adua, who died on May 5, 2010, are in London and plan to
hold special prayers to mark his sixth anniversary.

A source in the family said they were led by Yar’adua’s widow, Hajiya Turai and would offer special prayers for the repose of the former Nigerian leader’s soul.

Personal details
Born
16 August 1951 in
Katsina, Katsina State, Nigeria

Died
5 May 2010 (aged 58)
Aso Villa, Abuja, FCT

Nationality
Nigeria

Political party
People's Democratic Party (1998–2010)

Other political affiliations
People's Redemption Party (Before 1989)
Social Democratic Party (1989–1998)

Spouse(s)
Turai Yar'Adua (1975–2010)
Hauwa Umar Radda (1992–97)

Children
Nine

Alma mater
Barewa College
Ahmadu Bello University

Religion
Islam

Umaru Musa Yar'Adua (16 August 1951 – 5 May 2010) was the 13th President of Nigeria. He served as governor of Katsina State in northern Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 28 May 2007. He was declared the winner of the controversial Nigerian presidential
election held on 21 April 2007, and was sworn in on 29 May 2007. He was a member of the People's Democratic Party (PDP).

In 2009, Yar'Adua left for Saudi Arabia to receive treatment for pericarditis. He returned to Nigeria on 2 May 2010, where he died on the 5th.

Please lets offer prayers for him..

About the best that came out from the northern part of this country especially kastina. A hero and a complete nationalist. An erudite scholar and a rational spender. Adieu umaru I will immortalize you when I become president.
Achievements.
1. Amnesty to militants
2. Prudency in sport ministry (under 17 tournament)
3. Prompt payments of salaries
4. First time reduction in fuel pump ⛽ price
Etc etc. Great man of honour.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by madridguy(m): 8:34am On May 05, 2016
I am just a talamizu " Student " my broda.

faaz24:

Ya Ustaz !

Nice one
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Emu4life(m): 8:36am On May 05, 2016
Yar'adua, ur death shook 9ja lyk earthquake
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Nobody: 8:37am On May 05, 2016
i like this man , he is from the north but he cohabits with everyone else.RIP my former presidooo
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by AdeDedeji(m): 8:39am On May 05, 2016
embarassedVanity upon vanity....what a loss.....why good people don't stay long?? Ha rest in perfect peace
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by emmanuelbrown26: 8:40am On May 05, 2016
U guys hv not even said wat dis man did, Musa single handedly revoke 11 out of 22 oil well been licensed to individuals, dats where they oil mogul started fighting him, which led to his death. Chai Chineke we really missed a leader

Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by faaz24: 8:41am On May 05, 2016
madridguy:
I am just a talamizu " Student " my broda.

Keep it up...and congrats on making it to the final of the UCL

See you in Milan. !
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by juman(m): 8:45am On May 05, 2016
Obasanjo forced a very sick man on nigeria as president through election rigging.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by mayama(m): 9:02am On May 05, 2016
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by madridguy(m): 9:05am On May 05, 2016
Milan loading...... thanks very much.

faaz24:

Keep it up...and congrats on making it to the final of the UCL

See you in Milan. !
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by johnmartus(m): 9:08am On May 05, 2016
What impact he made? two years is enough to turn things around he embezzle the public found through His sickness complete one years he was admitted to hospital even when it's obvious he could not survive it.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by juman(m): 9:15am On May 05, 2016
johnmartus:
What impact he made? two years is enough to turn things around he embezzle the public found through His sickness complete one years he was admitted to hospital even when it's obvious he could not survive it.

He made mistake accepted to become the president despite his serious illness.
But I think he would have been somehow good president if he was in good health.

He admitted that election that brought him in was rigged.
He allowed opposition man to win back his mandate in court.
Even despite his sickness he saved alot of money in external reserve (but developing the country is more important than saving).

But his serious sickness could not allow him to do much.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by chrisBenSunny: 9:16am On May 05, 2016
Good people don't last why?. Always be remembered.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by aare07(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2016
cutestcee:

It means not all Nigerians were scammed, some of us still knew what happened
Your evidence.
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by johnmartus(m): 9:56am On May 05, 2016
juman:

He made mistake accepting to become the president despite is serious illness.
But I think he would have been somehow good president if he was in good health.

He admitted that election that brought him in was rigged.
He allowed opposition man to win back his mandate in court.
Even despite his sickness he saved alot of money in external reserve (but developing the country is more important than saving).

But his serious sickness could not allow him to do much.

that is consequences of born to rule mentality that common among african leaders
Re: Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death by Deyoungprince: 9:58am On May 05, 2016
BEST PRESIDENT EVER FOR NIGERIA. HE PROMOTED ONE NIGERIA.

Obaseki Wins At The Tribunal / Diezani’s Lawyer Blocked Us From Interrogating Her In UK –EFCC / CBN Disburses ₦791 Billion To 3 Million Farmers