Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? (38960 Views)

Lovelyn Enebechi Is Germany's Next Top-Model 2013 / Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 / Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 3:43am On Aug 12, 2009
~Camille, Cycle 2
Known for the infamous phrase, “This is my signature walk, and it's the walk that's going to make me famous,” Camille is currently working for St. International Modeling Agency, showing off her “signature walk” in several runway shows across the world.

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 3:43am On Aug 12, 2009
Mercedes, Cycle 2
Her beautiful face and shining persona harbored a deep secret. She was fighting the disease, lupus, yet still managed to keep her head in the competition and take first runner-up.

Mercedes is signed to Nous Model Management. She was last seen in a commercial for Chili’s Restaurant, and is a spokesperson for Lupus Foundation of America. ~

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 3:44am On Aug 12, 2009
~Toccara, Cycle 3~
She’s big, beautiful and loving it! As the first plus-size model to participate in the show, Toccara made her presence known with her bubbly personality and confidence. Although she was sent home, Toccara has made appearances everywhere. Now signed to Wilhemina Model Agency, Toccara was recently spotted in the historical Vogue Italia Black issue.
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 3:44am On Aug 12, 2009
~Yaya, Cylce 3~
Known for her power dance moves and natural hair, Yaya kept the judges impressed with her fierce photos and strong passion. Even though she bumped heads with fellow contestant, Eva, she went head-to-head with her in the final runway show, earning second place.

Yaya is now signed to Ford Models and Gersh Agency. Currently, she plays the role of Cassandra Foster in All My Children, but will soon be heading to Broadway.

~Eva, Cycle 3~
Being the shortest and most outspoken in the house, “Eva the Diva” quickly became a threat. Yet, the sneers and comments from her competitors did not stop her from becoming the first Black girl to win America’s Next Top Model.

Now going by Eva Marcille, she is signed to LA models and can be seen walking red carpets with her sexy beau, Lance Gross. She recently made a Permanent cross over on the Soap The Young & The Restless after playing Tyra Hamilton a  young, single mother on a multi-episode arc. 

~Keenyah, Cycle 4~
Keenyah was Top Model’s “girl next door” who made it pretty far in the competition. However, after a sudden weight gain and several warnings, she was the 12th contestant to be eliminated.

Last we heard, Keenyah has returned to school and is studying to become a neurosurgeon.

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 3:45am On Aug 12, 2009
~Naima, Cycle 4~
She wore a Mohawk, was soft spoken and she nailed her final runway challenge. Tyra was so blown away by her catwalk performance that she offered Naima the Top Model title.

Naima is now signed to 301 Model Management and Basic Model Management. She recently was featured on the cover of Vicious magazine.

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 3:45am On Aug 12, 2009
~Ebony, Cycle 5~
The ladies in the house loved her free spirit, but her lack of modeling experience didn’t take her far in the competition and was the 2nd girl eliminated.

After her short time on the show, Ebony signed with Face Model Management and Uber Model Management. She is now a spokes model for French and Italian clothing lines.

~Bre, Cycle 5~
The Harlem beauty with the sultry voice impressed the judges with her beautiful photos and down-to-earth personality. Her impression, however, didn’t take her to the end, as she was the 11th girl eliminated.

Bre is currently signed to Ford Models in New York and can be seen in several Pantene ads across the country.

~Nik, Cycle 5~
Known for her beautiful presence in photos, Nik Pace quickly became a Top Model favorite. But in the end, Nik was beaten by Nicole in the final runway challenge.

After the show, Nik landed a contract with Fusion Model Management of New York and has been featured in a number of glossy magazines all over the world. She also became the face of such labels like Snuggle and LOreal.
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by xqwysyte(f): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2009
wow,nice updates

my fav antm's were naima and her mohican hairstlye, yaya very classic african beauty. As for eva i hated her angry
why did she win sef. lol

one of my fantasies was to be on the antm show, but that aint gonna happen cry
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2009
~Ta. . . . You didnt say why You hated didnt like Eva tho. . . grin

~I liked like b/c she was fiesty. . it was quite an unpredictable win too seeing how short she was compared to the other Models w/ ideal height!
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by tpiah2: 1:08am On Aug 13, 2009
Camille seems lighter or is it just me.

Nice photo of Keenya- yes she did have a little weight gain during the show. Wasnt she the one who was uncomfortable with the dancing guys in Cape town? Or something like that.

Eva is very photogenic. Is she really biracial? She doesnt look it.

Bre was very outspoken. Pretty too. So is Naima.

Yaya is also ok though but somewhat confused about her heritage, though I could be wrong.

It seems Toccarra is trying to become the black Marilyn Monroe.

Mercedes is ok as well. .
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:12am On Aug 13, 2009
~Nah it aint just you,Camille does look lighter,prolly lightening effect during shoots or on skin grin
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:13am On Aug 13, 2009
~Nnenna, Cycle 6~
In the beginning, the Nigerian beauty’s top model potential never failed to impress the judges. She later became the subject of gossip in the house when she kissed a male model during a photo shoot, putting her relationship on the line. Suddenly, her passion began to fade and she was the 8th to be eliminated.

Today, Nnenna is signed to six modeling agencies, including Cover Management, Omodel Africa and Bookings Model.

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:13am On Aug 13, 2009
~Furonda, Cycle 6~
She was quickly known as Queen Diva Furonda because she always wore a crown and loved to set house rules. A pretty girl, but soon eliminated for her lack of progress.

She is now promoting her own reality TV show called "Model Me TV" in North Hollywood and participates in campaigns for HIV prevention, an interest she acquired from Top Model.

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:14am On Aug 13, 2009
~Jade, Cycle 6~
The so-called “undiscovered Supermodel,” had a striking appearance, but her lack of a modesty and “Miss Know It All” attitude slowly annoyed the judges. She made it far, but not far enough.

Since ANTM, Jade has signed to several agencies, including VMH Models in Vancouver and Dream Models in Singapore. She has done work in several countries such as Greece and India.

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:15am On Aug 13, 2009
~Danielle, Cycle 6~
The southern girl from Little Rock rocked the competition with stunning photos, but when her southern accent became an issue, the judges doubted her. After promising to take speech classes and giving in to closing the gap between her teeth, in the end Danielle was deemed America’s Next Top Model.

The winner is signed to Click Models and is a spokesperson for Akademiks clothing line.

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:15am On Aug 13, 2009
~Eugena, Cycle 7~
One of three Black girls in Season 7, Eugena worked her way up the competition. Her photos became better about half way through the cycle, but her condescending attitude didn't go over well with Tyra. Her journey was cut short as she was only the second runner-up.

Eugena is now signed to Photogenics and Target Models and can be found on runways across the globe.
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:19am On Aug 13, 2009
~Jaslene, Cycle 8~
Miss Cha-Cha Diva was given a second chance as Cycle 8 was her second opportunity to impress Tyra and the judges. Jaslene's determination kept her at the top of the pack, never placing in the bottom two, and it paid off. She is the first Puerto Rican winner, and the third winner with Latina heritage.

Jaslene is now signed to Elite Model Management in Chicago, Miami and L.A. She is currently featured in an 8-page editorial in Jamrock magazine.
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:20am On Aug 13, 2009
~Lisa, Cycle 9~
Lisa’s tall stature and unique look won her high points with the judges, but it wasn’t enough to get her to the top, as she was the 8th to be eliminated.

Lisa is signed to Fusion Model Management in South Africa and Major Model Management in New York

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:22am On Aug 13, 2009
~Bianca, Cycle 9~
The diva who was known as the model who had to shave her head during the makeover episode, always delivered great photos. But later fell to the pressure and lost focus on the prize.

Bianca is currently signed to Major Model Management and Fusion Models in South Africa.

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:23am On Aug 13, 2009
~Saleisha, Cycle 9~
The fourth Black contestant to win the title of America’s Next Top Model, Saleisha delivered stunning photos and proved to the judges that she had the talent and determination.

Since the show, she was signed to Elite Model Management and LA Models and has recently walked in several runway shows - Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and Billabong’s 2nd Annual Design for Humanity

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by mohawkchic(f): 2:24am On Aug 13, 2009
~Fatima, Cycle 10~
Fatima came into the competition with a powerful testimony to inspire others and revealed she was a victim of genital mutilation in her country, Somalia. But her story, past performances and a strong portfolio couldn’t save her as she placed third in the competition.

Fatima is signed to New York Model Management and outside of her modeling career, discusses her experience with female genital circumcision.

Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by chiogo(f): 3:16am On Aug 13, 2009
Nice. . .

I liked Danielle. . .happy she won.

I've seen Jade in a music video by ne-yo, I think lol
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by tpiah2: 6:35am On Aug 13, 2009
Jade is so feisty.

Funny how Asian she looks.

Saleisha is cool. wink

Fatima seems delicate, imo.
Re: ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? by xqwysyte(f): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2009
I hated disliked eva cos she had this know-it-all attitude. she also caused a fight sometime in the beginning of the season and since then my beef for her grew,

Jasleene is my all time fav. I so love that girl, grin grin

(1) (Reply)

13 Times Nigerian Women Proved They Are Beautiful In Photos / Evelyn Chukwujekwu Crowned Mrs. Nigeria United Nations 2021 (Photos) / 360 Waves For Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.