Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform (29767 Views)

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / Breaking: Niger Delta Militants Blow Up Chevron Valve Platform In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by comos: 12:11pm On May 05, 2016
UGHELLI – MILITANTS in the Niger Delta region have continued their onslaught on oil installations in the area with the blowing up of the Chevron Valve Platform in Abiteye, Warri North council area of Delta State. The incident it was gathered occurred at about 10:40pm on Wednesday. Though the company’s Public Affairs Manager, Deji Haastrup could not be reached for comments on the incident, on official of the Department of Security Services, DSS who spoke on anonymity, confirmed the incident adding that the platform was totally destroyed with the use of dynamites.

The security source further hinted that the platform is a major connecting point where all other platforms link up and serves as a fulcrum to chevron BOP and the Chevron Tank farm thereby halting all operations of the company in the region. Claiming responsibility for the incident, the Niger Delta Avengers, a militant group in the region in a statement on Wednesday night, while attributing the incident to the effort of its strike Team 6, stated that attack on the facility is in line with its promise to the Nigerian government to cripple the economy.

The group which had earlier claimed responsibility for destroying the Forcados 48-inch Export Pipeline, also threatened to attack oil facilities in Lagos and Abuja, the nation’s capital. “We want to pass this message to the all international oil companies operating in the Niger Delta that the Nigeria Military can’t protect their facilities. They should talk to the federal government to meet our demands else more mishaps will befall their installations. “Until our demands are met, no repair works should be done at the blast site,” the group added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ndelta-militants-blowup-chevron-valve-platform/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 05, 2016
Buhari must hear this grin

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2016
grin cheesy grin cheesy now this is bad news grin cheesy grin cheesy

We must all rally round buari to move nigeria b coolckwards forward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by kcnwaigbo: 12:15pm On May 05, 2016
Niger-delta avengers!!! Abeg make una allow Fashole to give us small light.Bikonu

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by yang(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2016
Thank you

9 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:16pm On May 05, 2016
Buhari & APC are creating 2 many enemies for themselves, there are some issues which doesn't need brutal force rather diplomacy but, Buhari thinks that everything is about Khaki & gun usage.

NIGERIANS EXPECT MORE DARKNESS

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 05, 2016
Funny thing is, what this people are doing will not affect the government house (there will still be light , food, air-condition, security, ad infinitum)
Its just normal citizen (millitants included) that will be affected.

141 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by Stalwert: 12:18pm On May 05, 2016
grin grin grin keep soiling your lands, govt should roll back derivation fee from states that the damage occurs as cost of their stewpidity, Lagos oil go sweet Nigeria die! Make the oloriburuku kontinu

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by ShakaZullu(m): 12:20pm On May 05, 2016
good news

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by Stalwert: 12:20pm On May 05, 2016
Penisinpenisout:
Funny thing is, what this people are doing will not affect the government house (there will still be light , food, air-condition, security, ad infinitum)
Its just normal citizen, that it will affect

Gbam!!! Tommorrow the liars will claims oil giants are polluting their lands but would also use their hands in causing the most damage because tompolo send them message

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by Adebola02(m): 12:22pm On May 05, 2016
I believe there is a matured way of resolving this issue than blasting pipelines, if they claim the oil companies pollute their land, vandalising pipelines will further increase pollution and it will more harm to their environment.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by hakanai(m): 12:23pm On May 05, 2016
Stalwert:
grin grin grin keep soiling your lands, govt should roll back derivation fee from states that the damage occurs as cost of their stewpidity, Lagos oil go sweet Nigeria die! Make the oloriburuku kontinu

Abi o!!!

9 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by hakanai(m): 12:25pm On May 05, 2016
Adebola02:
I believe there is a matured way of resolving this issue than blasting pipelines, if they claim the oil companies pollute their land, vandalising pipelines will further increase pollution and it will more harm to their environment.

Who cleans it up later? should it be Government, the oil company or the vandals? me think the vandals should clean it up or it should be left like that.

13 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 05, 2016
Stalwert:

Gbam!!! Tommorrow the liars will claims oil giants are polluting their lands but would also use their hands in causing the most damage because tompolo send them message

This guys should just stick to kidnapping government officials and stop blowing up our only source of income.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 05, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef angry

From one darkness to another
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:26pm On May 05, 2016
I thought the FG sent the entire army and Navy fleet to the SS, to prevent this sort of attacks. I am with Buhari on this, this has to stop. I haven't had light for 3 days now, except temporary flashes. Now with this, my Generator will go on strike, with a instantaneous drop in fuel supply. This has to stop.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by double0seven(m): 12:27pm On May 05, 2016
I believe Tompolo is behind this, but only Niger Delta Avengers, a fathom group as a cover up, so he can have deniabilty. But he knows the FG is trying to send the message to can decode that he's the one behind it, and believe the price he wants for peace is for the FG to back off from investigating or prosecuting him.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by comos: 12:27pm On May 05, 2016
Stalwert:

Whenever Gas/Oil pipeline is been vandalized, I expect the people in Niger Delta to feel the pains more than you in Lagos,

I am confused when all the complains, agony and cries keep pouring in from Lagos.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by blackmatter007: 12:27pm On May 05, 2016
The 5% have spoken, since buhari choose not to carry every one along, then the oil resources from the area of the 5% percent will cease to flow.

I thought lagos and ondo are oil producing states, i thought lake chad(borno) and sokoto has oil, i thought agriculture and solid minerals are abundant in the north, i thought cocoa built lagos and southwest as a whole.

Why are you yorubas and fulanis/hausa crying more than the bereaved

Parasites

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by kcnwaigbo: 12:29pm On May 05, 2016
double0seven:
I believe Tompolo is behind this, but only Niger Delta Avengers, a fathom group as a cover up, so he can have deniabilty. But he knows the FG is trying to send the message to can decode that he's the one behind it, and believe the price he wants for peace is for the FG to back off from investigating or prosecuting him.

your head de dia

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:31pm On May 05, 2016
Penisinpenisout:
Its just normal citizen (millitants included) that will be affected.
That's a silly myopic defeatist way of looking at it. If the citizens suffer, they pile up pressure on the government, and make life difficult for them. Everywhere in the world, if the citizens suffer, government suffers. Stop making it sound like governance is an all expense paid holiday vacation. If it was that way, the government wouldn't be running helter skelter looking for solutions to the fuel scarcity.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by Stalwert: 12:32pm On May 05, 2016
comos:

Whenever Gas/Oil pipeline is been vandalized, I expect the people in Niger Delta to feel the pains more than you in Lagos,

I am confused when all the complains, agony and cries keep pouring in from Lagos.

Sir I suspect if you properly reason it well, perhaps you will eventually know why

4 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:32pm On May 05, 2016
double0seven:
Allegations without facts is pure venomous rubbish.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:33pm On May 05, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Buhari & APC are creating 2 many enemies for themselves, there are some issues which doesn't need brutal force but diplomacy but, Buhari thinks that everything is about Khaki & gun usage.

NIGERIANS EXPECT MORE DARKNESS
Could you tell us what the issue here is?

3 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by comos: 12:34pm On May 05, 2016
Stalwert:

Sir I suspect if you properly reason it well, perhaps you will eventually know why

since you know the reason, why not type it out for all nairaland to see.

3 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by Stalwert: 12:34pm On May 05, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

This guys should just stick to kidnapping government officials and stop blowing up our only source of income.

Like HIV, they are too stewpid to know harming your host too much is as good as harming yourself

5 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:36pm On May 05, 2016
The group which had earlier
claimed responsibility for destroying the Forcados
48-inch Export Pipeline, also threatened to attack
oil facilities in Lagos and Abuja, the nation’s
capital.

For all those, that keep blaming the indigenous people of the South-South, when the militants blow up lagos pipelenes, I wonder what would be your response then

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:37pm On May 05, 2016
These are the same people that complain of power outage. I just wish power distribution is taken from the exclusive list and put in the concurrent list so that these people will suffer alone, not putting the whole country of part of it in darkness.

6 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by loveuGOD: 12:37pm On May 05, 2016
Thank GOD lagos is now oil production state.

3 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by eagleeye2: 12:40pm On May 05, 2016
A New Sheriff it's in Town.
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by comos: 12:40pm On May 05, 2016
loveuGOD:
Thank GOD lagos is now oil production state.

The oil found in Lagos belongs to Nigeria,

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Could you tell us what the issue here is?
If I tell you will you believe me??

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

France Admits Ownership Of Seized Plane In Kano / Godswill Akpabio Visits Buhari In London, Set To Quit PDP For APC / VP Kashim Shettima Visits Muhammadu Buhari In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.