Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels (27803 Views)

Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly / The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels TV Today (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by metromediaboss: 1:31pm On May 05, 2016
Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, was on Channels Television Sunrise Daily this morning.

Adeosun, who provided answers to series of questions posed to her by the ChannelsTV discussed extensively on some of the economic activities of President Muhammamdu Buhari.

Here are highlights of the interview:

- Many prominent actors in in previous govt as state governors who vehemently opposed efforts by FG to save excess crude, and insisted the money should be shared are now ministers in current government and are pointing fingers accusing previous government of not saving:

Ans: I don't want to hold brief for anybody. But even if the states did not save, the FG should have saved its own portion

- Are we now saving excess funds? Ans: No we are not savings because you cannot save when you are borrowing. We are borrowing and struggling to pay salaries

- How much money has been recovered so far? Ans: I don't have that figure

- What is the current amount in excess crude account? Ans: I don't have that figure. You (Maupe) quoted it sometime ago. I think it is $2.1b or $2.2b, I am not sure of the amount.

- We have some people complaining of TSA, eg ASUU? We are working with universities and CBN to see if we can grant exemption to them

- They put a blame on govt on leakages. Is it something your ministry can fight? Ans: Absolutely. Last year, we spend N19b on roads and N64b on travels. We are trying to limit travels and the flight class of various govt officials.

- How are limiting leakages in govt? Ans: We are trying to introduce debit cards for routine govt expenditures.

- Has this debit card kicked off? Ans: No we are trying to get proposals from 3 banks, then we shall go through learning process

- How are you aligned with CBN on fiscal and monetary policies. CBN should be doing monetary, and your ministry should be looking at fiscal. Ans: We are trying to align.

- Are you in IMF programme? Ans: No we are not IMF programme.

- Do we have an economic Team? Ans: We have an economic team

- It will shock you that Nigerians do not know those who are members of the economic team. Ans: (Becomes upset) Don't you know the ministers? Don't you know me. VP Osibanjo, Min of State & budget, Min of Info, Head of DMO, etc are members

- What is the Economic blueprint? Ans: We are going to invest in infrastructure. We are going to diversify the economy. If we can feed ourselves, it will energise the economy.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/full-transcript-of-minister-of.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxDvOAwBEE
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by saintdeby(m): 1:41pm On May 05, 2016
good answers

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by madridguy(m): 1:46pm On May 05, 2016
Madam Kemi, thank you for the info.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Generalkorex(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2016
I just like this woman

17 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Adebola02(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2016
They are indeed trying to limit travel and flight class of governemnt officials.Buhari is going to france very soon. And why is she not answering the question about the recovered loot, why is the govt stil borowing money from other countries when they already have $2.1b in the excess crude account.

24 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Super1Star: 2:00pm On May 05, 2016
Adebola02:
They are indeed trying to limit travel and flight class of governemnt officials.Buhari is going to france very soon. And why is she not answering the question about the recovered loot, why is the govt stil borowing money from other countries when they already have $2.1b in the excess crude account.

Only Min of Justice and EFCC can answer that.

10 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by omowolewa: 2:32pm On May 05, 2016
Short answers with sense, dodging.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:38pm On May 05, 2016
How are you aligned with CBN on fiscal and monetary policies. CBN should be doing monetary, and your ministry should be looking at fiscal.
Ans: We are trying to align.
No wonder the economy is in comatose

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:39pm On May 05, 2016
Super1Star:

Only Min of Justice and EFCC can answer that.
Huh?? Really? is that what Alhaji Lai told you?

7 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by luvinhubby(m): 2:43pm On May 05, 2016
A finance minister spends 45 mins on national television with no data, statistics & ratio presented.

I miss aunty Ngoo.

Nigeria is in trouble.

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Volksfuhrer(m): 2:44pm On May 05, 2016
Something tells me she's distrustful of the press. Her answers were as evasive as a Navy SEAL walking through a minefield.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by 1Tkester: 2:46pm On May 05, 2016
did she solve 20+20 to be equal to 49?

Because We know she is a guru in solving arithmetic under seconds.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by TheNonce: 2:49pm On May 05, 2016
sad

Very strange answers! Anyway woman, don't let the youth down!

4 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by 7lives: 2:56pm On May 05, 2016
luvinhubby:
A finance minister spends 45 mins on national television with no data, statistics & ratio presented.

I miss aunty Ngoo.

Nigeria is in trouble.

Statistics ko geometry ni.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 05, 2016
The answers she gave to the questions showed a woman without a good grasp of the importance of the office occupies. This is what happens when governors are allowed to nominate ministers to superintend important ministries. The economy looks to be heading further south with people like this at the helms of affairs. We all need to gird ourselves for a bumpy ride ahead.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by luvinhubby(m): 3:00pm On May 05, 2016
7lives:

Statistics ko geometry ni.

You did not have to quote me for nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Volksfuhrer(m): 3:06pm On May 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

No wonder the economy is in comatose

In principle, shouldn't monetary and fiscal policies try to align?

4 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by cleatoris: 3:12pm On May 05, 2016
luvinhubby:
I miss aunty Ngoo.
Nigeria is in trouble.
Ngozi is a fraud. All she gives are frivolous figures from her voodoo economics.
When it comes to accountability and probity, Kemi will eat Ngozi alive and use her bones to pick her teeth.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:13pm On May 05, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

In principle, shouldn't monetary and fiscal policies try to align?
How can they try to align instead of to align? when will they finally align if they can't align one year into the life of the Buhari government?

14 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by hakanai(m): 3:26pm On May 05, 2016
Volksfuhrer:
Something tells me she's distrustful of the press. Her answers were as evasive as a Navy SEAL walking through a minefield.

After the last time she mention figures and it was presented as mathematically incorrect the woman would be avoiding figures,numbers and amounts on air !!!! grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by luvinhubby(m): 3:26pm On May 05, 2016
cleatoris:

Ngozi is a fraud. All she gives are frivolous figures from her voodoo economics.
When it comes to accountability and probity, Kemi will eat Ngozi alive and use her bones to pick her teeth.

And the international finance institutions, world acclaimed ivory towers & foreign nations keep celebrating your 'fraud'.

Your madam accountability has not introduced any programme on accountability but still uses BVN, TSS & TSA that was conceived & initiated by Ngozi.

Kemi is not even qualified to be Ngozi's research assistant.

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Adminisher: 3:31pm On May 05, 2016
This idiocy called "economic blueprint t" has become even the buzz word for any half educated followers of contemporary N8gerian economics. Very very stupid buzz word. Nigeria actually stopped having economic blueprint when we embraced full blown market economics. We had an economic blueprint with the military and their National Development plans all these were jettisoned when IBB started SAP. The military with their national development planning built all the refineries, major roads, petrochemicals, Abuja, Aluminium plant, NAFCON and everything we own now. Obj and Jonathan have not added anything to these assets since they came to power. What they have rather done is sold all of them to private companies and all the sold assets with the exception of Petrochemicals and NAFCON have failed.

It annoys me to hear the word economic blueprint. It is just a lot of bs that is completely meaningless in current context. When Nigeria wants to grow it will start taking POSITIVE ACTION in stead of speaking big english

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by amaechi1: 3:51pm On May 05, 2016
I don't see anything wrong in Her response. Let us not forget we are living in a country where some people are there to pick holes in every steps the govt takes. Even though, they do not have better alternative.

6 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by jieta: 3:51pm On May 05, 2016
This woman is jst too dull for my liking.how can a minister with such a sensitive potfolio be answering questions like a primary two pupil.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by 1shortblackboy: 4:19pm On May 05, 2016
metromediaboss:

- Many prominent actors in in previous govt as state governors who vehemently opposed efforts by FG to save excess crude, and insisted the money should be shared are now ministers in current government and are pointing fingers accusing previous government of not saving:

Ans: I don't want to hold brief for anybody. But even if the states did not save, the FG should have saved its own portion

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
d state governors went to court to compell FG to share d money. Now they're are ministers opening their mouths to say d previous government left an empty treasury..... D absurdity!!

6 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:30pm On May 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
How can they try to align instead of to align? when will they finally align if they can't align one year into the life of the Buhari government?

Yes, in principle they should align.

And you conclude that the economy is comatose because of this?(!)

In a developing economy with infrastructural deficits and high unemployment, it's rare for fiscal policies to perfectly align with monetary policies because a lot of politics go into fiscal policy decisions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by kennydee05(m): 4:33pm On May 05, 2016
Harvard Minister of Finance had opportunity to diversity and boost our economy but she never deemed fit to do so even when we had surplus from Crude oil...

Wailers and frustrated Igbos u can continue with ur wailing for all I care, Kemi Adeosun is here to stay.

16 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:49pm On May 05, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

Yes, in principle they should align.

And you conclude that the economy is comatose because of this?(!)

In a developing economy with infrastructural deficits and high unemployment, it's rare for fiscal policies to perfectly align with monetary policies because a lot of politics go into fiscal policy decisions.
Who controls the centre? Isn't the CBN policy not supposed to align with The fiscal policy of the government? So who is politicising who?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by secnelly: 5:52pm On May 05, 2016
So, after this grammer, when will $1 =#1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by chinawapzy(m): 5:53pm On May 05, 2016
Okay
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by three: 5:54pm On May 05, 2016

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by steppin: 5:54pm On May 05, 2016
Rehearsed answers...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Is The Most Popular Minister In Buhari's Administration? / Tinubu At The Swearing In Of Hakeem Muri-Okuno As Lagos Head Of Service (Photos) / Photos From Governor Wike's Thanksgiving After He Won Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.