Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 (24563 Views)

What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. / Tecno L9 Plus Unboxing, Hands On And First Impression / Infinix Hot S X521 Quick Unboxing & First Impression (2) (3) (4)

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by bobo65(m): 5:37am On May 08, 2016
saxby:
Nothing can be as impressive as the reverse charging.. Tecno is really out to set the pace.

There is nothing new abt reverse charging

Almost all phones with otg support can do this, techno is just using Nigerians ignorance as their marketing selling point

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Cdave: 4:49pm On May 08, 2016
Even the boom J8?......smh

Jacinta44:
Msssttteeewww

Ever since I got the information that the Tecno w4 i have been eyeing since is just 22,700..

I have lost interest in every other Tecno phone.
I'm sorry undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Cdave: 4:56pm On May 08, 2016
I'm loving the battery life though...it's the best thing for people like me with epileptic power supply
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Piusman: 5:56pm On May 08, 2016
That's true. the phone should be quite heavy

Cliveglobal1:
For a Phone that has a 5050mAH battery, One would expect it'll be so heavy. Please whats the Weight of this Phone?
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Cliveglobal1(m): 2:49pm On May 09, 2016
Piusman:
That's true. the phone should be quite heavy

And someone is Arguing with me.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Nwokoji1: 3:11pm On May 09, 2016
bobo65:

Almost all phones with otg support can do this, techno is just using Nigerians ignorance as their marketing selling point
Nigerians Ignorance? What is this one? I myself didn't get know about the Reverse Charging until this L8 Phone. Take a Chill Pill, We Learn Everyday bro.

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by bobo65(m): 3:54pm On May 09, 2016
Nwokoji1:

Nigerians Ignorance? What is this one? I myself didn't get know about the Reverse Charging until this L8 Phone. Take a Chill Pill, We Learn Everyday bro.

Well guess u are an example of the ignorant Nigerians

Ur situation is worse cos it even started since the time of L5 but u are Jed knowing

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by saaedlee: 7:10am On May 10, 2016
The phone battery is monstrously large, The last time I charged mine was on saturday and believe you me, I am still using it. Battery percent is still 37% as I use it for just calls and sms.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by morganist99(m): 7:12am On May 10, 2016
whats this undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by saaedlee: 7:14am On May 10, 2016
the phone battery is monstrously large, The last time I charged mine was on saturday and believe you me, I am still using it. Battery percent is still 37% as I use it for just calls and sms.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by omoadeleye(m): 7:32am On May 10, 2016
Osyxcel:

The bigger the battery, the heavier the phone. Most times, it the battery that makes the phone heavy.

5050mAh is a whole lot and when I held the L8 package box (with the phone in it), it was quite heavy, but considering the value you'll get from it the weight is probably okay.

Oga Gionee M5 has 6050mah battery and yet still light. angry

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Rockstar07: 7:40am On May 10, 2016
Maximum83:

Tecno Mobile Nigeria has recently released a device with the longest battery life in the country. The device Tecno L8 combines power and style. The battery is insanely huge at 5050mAh lasting up to 3 days of constant usage and the design is an all metal build body. Come with me as I review the Tecno L8

Design and display

Tecno L8 has an impressive design when compared to other Tecno’s “L” series devices. It has a full metallic body which is premium looking but feels a bit heavy in the hands.

There are different colours of the device which even makes it appealing and fashionable. I love the Grey Colour, it's so sturdily build and is the unit I have with me. The phone comes with diagonal 5.5-inch IPS Capacitive display with a resolution measuring 720 x 1280 pixels and 267ppi display density that is not too ugly for a lower mid-range phone.

Battery

Will the battery live to the hype by Tecno as being the phone with the longest battery life? You will be able to tell at the end of this review. I got the device few days ago I have been using the phone with my main Sim card inside. I set up my Instagram and whatSApp all running, I am not the gaming type, but I love playing music and videos.

I did little browsing at interval using wifi but my Instagram has been the most busy of the apps. I also used it to receive calls and today is the 3rd days I have been using it and this is my battery percentage. So you can judge for yourself if the battery is worth the hype or not

Reverse Charging

With the reverse charging on the tecno L8, there is no need for a power bank as the phone can be used to charge other devices. I tested this technology and is working smoothly. However I discovered that this device doesn’t really charge fast I may be wrong though because I expect it to charge to full capacity within 2hrs but it takes more than 2hrs to fully charge

Performance & Camera

A MediaTek Quad-Core processor clocking in at 1.3GHz runs the show on the Tecno L8. The smartphone has a built in storage of 16GB which can further be expanded up to 64GB using its
micro SD card slot. There is a 1GB of RAM that is reasonably fair for a device in this price range.

Camera

It sports an 8.0MP rear camera with a led flash alongside front facing snapper of just 2.0MP that may be of interest to those fond of selfies. The rear camera produces decent output in a well-lit condition but the low light aspect is poor. The rear flash is very bright for taking night photos

Conclusion
If you are fan of phone with good battery life, then falling in love with this device will not be hard decision to make. For me, it is freedom from the constant reminder that one needs to charge every day, especially in a country where access to constant electricity is a mirage. The device is available at a retail price of N29, 999.

Mtcheww, i wish tecno phones can be paced with ..... undecided. I find it difficult to conclude that tecno can set pace with the like of Samsung, LG, HTC, BB10 even Nokia. My experience with the gadget compare to other brand is nothing to write home about.

The flipping tenco phones barely last more than 24 months before they start developing issues. The common issue i observed is the OS. In as much that Andriod is an open sourced in which phones manufacturer edit the OS to suit their taste. i'd say tecno editing is substandard cos the OS usually have issues after some couple of months of usage. Well, maybe that's why they're cheap anyway

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Rockstar07: 7:41am On May 10, 2016
saxby:
Nothing can be as impressive as the reverse charging.. Tecno is really out to set the pace.

I wish they can...
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by georgen2u(m): 7:44am On May 10, 2016
Am loving my gionee n5 mini. It last 2.5 days with 2g ram. I can't go back to one gig oh
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by buoye1(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2016
You're joking

Gionee M5 is 6020mah
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by McPhilz8(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2016
Mm. It's nice...but still eyeing J8.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by TheAziz: 7:47am On May 10, 2016
please is the battery removeable?
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by McPhilz8(m): 7:47am On May 10, 2016
Jacinta44:
Msssttteeewww

Ever since I got the information that the Tecno w4 i have been eyeing since is just 22,700..

I have lost interest in every other Tecno phone.
I'm sorry undecided

Really? I don't think you've seen J8
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by prahcetomi(m): 7:54am On May 10, 2016
saaedlee:
The phone battery is monstrously large, The last time I charged mine was on saturday and believe you me, I am still using it. Battery percent is still 37% as I use it for just calls and sms.
please,show us pictures of d screen,gaming,browsing,home screen.........
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by AkranJide88(m): 7:57am On May 10, 2016
Is it dual sim?
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Olulinks(m): 8:02am On May 10, 2016
Marinza:
Looks good. I thought bigger battery meant bigger phones though? Can't you try it on heavy gaming so we know the actual battery capacity?
With all the stories of what'sApp and instagram usage, you still never know the battery capacity? E be like say something dey do you.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Olulinks(m): 8:06am On May 10, 2016
Rockstar07:

Mtcheww, i wish tecno phones can be paced with ..... undecided. I find it difficult to conclude that tecno can set pace with the like of Samsung, LG, HTC, BB10 even Nokia. My experience with the gadget compare to other brand is nothing to write home about.

The flipping tenco phones barely last more than 24 months before they start developing issues. The common issue i observed is the OS. In as much that Andriod is an open sourced in which phones manufacturer edit the OS to suit their taste. i'd say tecno editing is substandard cos the OS usually have issues after some couple of months of usage. Well, maybe that's why they're cheap anyway

Well, you have probably not been fortunate with tecno phones. I have been using 8H for 2 years with no issue.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by chukwubyk: 8:07am On May 10, 2016
The Camera is the worst of all phones, you take a picture in the day time but the picture look very poor like a 1MP Camera, too; it hangs more than other phones.
Poor device, nearly waste of money.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Kingrapha(m): 8:11am On May 10, 2016
Rockstar07:

when you started talking I thought you had sense but you started saying rubbish ...... There is nothing wrong with the tecno os because its the same os with. The others do you even know what. Os means? And if you are reffering to their UI then I can tell you that the. New HIOS UI is one of the best I have ever seen......
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by stpat1(m): 8:14am On May 10, 2016
winnijaf:
Reverse Charging? Like it Charges other Devices? I haven't heard anything like this before.

You are far behind if you are just discovering reverse charging. Even my Gionee M2 with 4200Mah charges other phones.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by stpat1(m): 8:16am On May 10, 2016
I'm not impressed cos it still comes with a 1gb RAM.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by texazzpete(m): 8:19am On May 10, 2016
saxby:
Nothing can be as impressive as the reverse charging..

Seems a rather useless feature, to be honest. Can't imagine what i'd be charging with that.

saxby:
Tecno is really out to set the pace.

No pace being set here. That's a standard USB-C feature.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by nini007(m): 8:33am On May 10, 2016
Cliveglobal1:

Offcourse you know Nothing. Some battery are super Heavy. Have you held the L7?
cos he thinks because the battery life is superb means it will make the battery heavier, lol.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by nini007(m): 8:41am On May 10, 2016
stpat1:

You are far behind if you are just discovering reverse charging. Even my Gionee M2 with 4200Mah charges other phones.
yeah that Gionee was d first I saw. It has fantastic camera quality!
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by 4peace(m): 8:41am On May 10, 2016
Olulinks:

Well, you have probably not been fortunate with tecno phones. I have been using 8H for 2 years with no issue.

Ha ha hahh hha grin grin grin grin grin

Tecno 8H don reach 2 years

the phone that is not up to a year.It was released in June 2015. cheesy cheesy

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Marvell23(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2016
HannibalXVI:
Heaviness most likely cus of the battery.
If it sports an 8.0MP rear camera with a led flash alongside front facing snapper of just 2.0MP & The rear camera produces decent output in a well-lit condition but the low light aspect is poor then it's not directed at selfie addicts.
With that battery its more for people on the move who may be in remote places 4 long (eg surveyors on site) & people in places with bad light situation.
Yes you are right
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by donhils: 8:45am On May 10, 2016
bobo65:

My Nokia N8 that I used in 2011 could charge other phones cos it supports OTG. I don't know why ppl are talking about it as if it's some kinda sci-fi. Even Gionee M5 does it too.

What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? / What Are The Top Five Most Useful Apps On Your Smartphone? / Google Officially Launches Android One

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51