Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,972 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 (24554 Views)

What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. / Tecno L9 Plus Unboxing, Hands On And First Impression / Infinix Hot S X521 Quick Unboxing & First Impression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Marvell23(m): 8:46am On May 10, 2016
georgen2u:
Am loving my gionee n5 mini. It last 2.5 days with 2g ram. I can't go back to one gig oh
there is 2GB RAM version of the Tecno L8
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Tonymic4life(m): 8:54am On May 10, 2016
topradar4:

You must be a careless person to prefer the metallic body lol. But this Phone is super cool.

OP please how much does it go?
sorry to say. It's either u av an eye defect or u simply cant read simple english lang. D op mentioned d price in his review yet u r asking dis lame question. U just reminded me of d match i watched last week (ATM-Bayern), dey were playing 1-1. A guy asked me wat dey were playing, i ansad 1-1, and d guy asked me wu had 1. CAN U IMAGINE!. I told him super eagles. Guess both of u r related!. No offense
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Lovelynature(m): 8:55am On May 10, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Oops, it's even 22.5k here.. (Zaria, Kaduna State)
Guy how far. You don sell that your m3 mini?
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by ALAYORMII: 8:55am On May 10, 2016
winnijaf:
Reverse Charging? Like it Charges other Devices? I haven't heard anything like this before.

Gionee E7 and M5 can charge other phones thru the use of OTG cable and the battery capacity of M5 is 6050
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by ALAYORMII: 9:00am On May 10, 2016
Penaldo:
ITK... How does battery life affects the weight of the phone?

The size of the battery also contribute to the size of a phone ooo
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Marvell23(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2016
saaedlee:
The phone battery is monstrously large, The last time I charged mine was on saturday and believe you me, I am still using it. Battery percent is still 37% as I use it for just calls and sms.
Yes the battery is very good
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by saaedlee: 9:13am On May 10, 2016
prahcetomi:
please,show us pictures of d screen,gaming,browsing,home screen.........
I am not a game freak, just my board games eg sudoku, chess, Scrabble
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by prahcetomi(m): 9:15am On May 10, 2016
saaedlee:

I am not a game freak, just my board games eg sudoku, chess, Scrabble
ok....but just screenshot anything screenshotable.....like d interface,display.....you know na
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Osyxcel(m): 9:27am On May 10, 2016
omoadeleye:

Oga Gionee M5 has 6050mah battery and yet still light. angry

I don't know what you mean by calling a 211g phone light.

I use a phone with 3000mah battery, and it is just about 156g.

So what did you say again?
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by omoadeleye(m): 10:15am On May 10, 2016
Osyxcel:

at least still lighter than tecno L8!
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Osyxcel(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2016
omoadeleye:

at least still lighter than tecno L8!

Well, I can't verify that since I don't know the weight of l8.

BTW, my original post was not based on comparisons. I only stated the fact that all other things being equal, a phone with higher battery capacity will weigh more than that with small battery capacity.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by omoadeleye(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2016
Osyxcel:

Well, I can't verify that since I don't know the weight of l8.

BTW, my original post was not based on comparisons. I only stated the fact that all other things being equal, a phone with higher battery capacity will weigh more than that with small battery capacity.

your opinion is that the capacity of a battery is equivalent to that of the weight of d battery, which is wrong. Like for example, infinic hot note(5.5" 4000mah) and gionee m5 mini(5.0" with 4000mah) has the same battery capacity size, and you will be amazed that gionee m5 mini weighs more than tecno l8(5.5" with 5050mah battery capacity.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Nobody: 10:38am On May 10, 2016
But why the less specs this time around, also using a Tecno L7 with 16gig ROM and 2Gig Ram, 13mp camera at back with 5mp camera front, 4.4.2 android KitKat, 3050 unremovable battery capacity but has not space for memory card. Bought it at d price of 2700 so which would you go for. Design or Quality.

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by saaedlee: 10:45am On May 10, 2016
prahcetomi:
ok....but just screenshot anything screenshotable.....like d interface,display.....you know na

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Marvell23(m): 10:47am On May 10, 2016
Osyxcel:

That Gionee M5 na hammer oo , Tecno L8 weight is 154g
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Osyxcel(m): 10:57am On May 10, 2016
omoadeleye:

your opinion is that the capacity of a battery is equivalent to that of the weight of d battery, which is wrong. Like for example, infinic hot note(5.5" 4000mah) and gionee m5 mini(5.0" with 4000mah) has the same battery capacity size, and you will be amazed that gionee m5 mini weighs more than tecno l8(5.5" with 5050mah battery capacity.

Did you see where I put all other things being equal? the gulf in weight might be due to aesthetics.

2 different 4000Mah (full capacity) batteries might not have the same weight, but they should be close
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Marvell23(m): 10:58am On May 10, 2016
stpat1:
I'm not impressed cos it still comes with a 1gb RAM.
The 2GB RAM version will be available soon
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by AnnabelR0se(f): 11:08am On May 10, 2016
Osyxcel:

Did you see where I put all other things being equal? the gulf in weight might be due to aesthetics.

2 different 4000Mah (full capacity) batteries might not have the same weight, but they should be close
I think you are right
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by olayinkajnr(m): 11:11am On May 10, 2016
Lovelynature:
Guy how far. You don sell that your m3 mini?

Yes o bro...
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Dbisector(m): 11:13am On May 10, 2016
Maximum83:

Tecno Mobile Nigeria has recently released a device with the longest battery life in the country. The device Tecno L8 combines power and style. The battery is insanely huge at 5050mAh lasting up to 3 days of constant usage and the design is an all metal build body. Come with me as I review the Tecno L8

Design and display

Tecno L8 has an impressive design when compared to other Tecno’s “L” series devices. It has a full metallic body which is premium looking but feels a bit heavy in the hands.

There are different colours of the device which even makes it appealing and fashionable. I love the Grey Colour, it's so sturdily build and is the unit I have with me. The phone comes with diagonal 5.5-inch IPS Capacitive display with a resolution measuring 720 x 1280 pixels and 267ppi display density that is not too ugly for a lower mid-range phone.

Battery

Will the battery live to the hype by Tecno as being the phone with the longest battery life? You will be able to tell at the end of this review. I got the device few days ago I have been using the phone with my main Sim card inside. I set up my Instagram and whatSApp all running, I am not the gaming type, but I love playing music and videos.

I did little browsing at interval using wifi but my Instagram has been the most busy of the apps. I also used it to receive calls and today is the 3rd days I have been using it and this is my battery percentage. So you can judge for yourself if the battery is worth the hype or not

Reverse Charging

With the reverse charging on the tecno L8, there is no need for a power bank as the phone can be used to charge other devices. I tested this technology and is working smoothly. However I discovered that this device doesn’t really charge fast I may be wrong though because I expect it to charge to full capacity within 2hrs but it takes more than 2hrs to fully charge

Performance & Camera

A MediaTek Quad-Core processor clocking in at 1.3GHz runs the show on the Tecno L8. The smartphone has a built in storage of 16GB which can further be expanded up to 64GB using its
micro SD card slot. There is a 1GB of RAM that is reasonably fair for a device in this price range.

Camera

It sports an 8.0MP rear camera with a led flash alongside front facing snapper of just 2.0MP that may be of interest to those fond of selfies. The rear camera produces decent output in a well-lit condition but the low light aspect is poor. The rear flash is very bright for taking night photos

Conclusion
If you are fan of phone with good battery life, then falling in love with this device will not be hard decision to make. For me, it is freedom from the constant reminder that one needs to charge every day, especially in a country where access to constant electricity is a mirage. The device is available at a retail price of N29, 999.
can someone talk about techno W4
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by prahcetomi(m): 11:22am On May 10, 2016
[quote author=saaedlee post=45485146][/quote]Nice one,thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by skywalker240(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2016
Jacinta44:
Msssttteeewww

Ever since I got the information that the Tecno w4 i have been eyeing since is just 22,700..

I have lost interest in every other Tecno phone.
I'm sorry undecided
Am happy for u, cos now u understand......so how is the guys with car ministry going?
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by bobo65(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2016
donhils:

My Nokia N8 that I used in 2011 could charge other phones cos it supports OTG. I don't know why ppl are talking about it as if it's some kinda sci-fi. Even Gionee M5 does it too.

i just tire
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by teewai3(m): 11:59am On May 10, 2016
its a very good phone, bought it last week, and I'm really enjoying it!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by nellyelitz(m): 12:51pm On May 10, 2016
Why not with 2g RAM
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by prahcetomi(m): 1:04pm On May 10, 2016
teewai3:
its a very good phone, bought it last week, and I'm really enjoying it!!!
you too bros,share us correct pics.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by louisdemaria(m): 2:06pm On May 10, 2016
saxby:
Nothing can be as impressive as the reverse charging.. Tecno is really out to set the pace.
Pls enlighten me on this "reverse charging".thanks.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Rockstar07: 2:44pm On May 10, 2016
Kingrapha:
when you started talking I thought you had sense but you started saying rubbish ...... There is nothing wrong with the tecno os because its the same os with. The others do you even know what. Os means? And if you are reffering to their UI then I can tell you that the. New HIOS UI is one of the best I have ever seen......

Could you complete the above statement. Now you feel you're making any sense right? It doesn't change the fact that you're using an inferior gadgets hence the reason it's cheap.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Maximum83: 3:35pm On May 10, 2016
Those comparing with Gionee M5. M5 is heavier at 211g while Tecno L8 is 154g
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Reeberry: 5:47pm On May 10, 2016
Tonymic4life:
sorry to say. It's either u av an eye defect or u simply cant read simple english lang. D op mentioned d price in his review yet u r asking dis lame question. U just reminded me of d match i watched last week (ATM-Bayern), dey were playing 1-1. A guy asked me wat dey were playing, i ansad 1-1, and d guy asked me wu had 1. CAN U IMAGINE!. I told him super eagles. Guess both of u r related!. No offense
The bolded got me cracking. grin
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Rockstar07: 6:06pm On May 10, 2016
Olulinks:

Well, you have probably not been fortunate with tecno phones. I have been using 8H for 2 years with no issue.

It doesn't change the fact that Tecno manufacturers use inferior materials hence the low price. They'll never sell it cheap if they use better quality materials as compared to HTC, Samsung etc... I believe this shouldn't be a rocket science.
Re: A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 by Tonymic4life(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2016
Reeberry:
The bolded got me cracking. grin
dat is just d bitter truth. Nigerians can b funny sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Are Still Active On Bbm? / What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? / What Are The Top Five Most Useful Apps On Your Smartphone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.