Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:29 AM

Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification (1598 Views)

Governors' Bid To Get Automatic 2019 Ticket For Buhari Fails At APC NEC Meeting / Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run / Buhari Fails To Release Assets Declaration Document After CCB Verification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by ShowYourCertificate: 6:57pm On May 05, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has yet again reneged on his promise to make specific details of his assets public, failing to release comprehensive particulars of assets he filed to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The president had said he would make full disclosure after verification of the listed items by the CCB.

A statement by the Code of Conduct Bureau on Wednesday said verification of the president’s assets had “since” been concluded.

On September 3, 2015, in the face of widespread criticisms, the presidency through Garba Shehu, a presidential spokesperson, had released only some details of assets and liabilities filed by President Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

The statement said Mr. Buhari had N30 million in his bank account before taking office on May 29, while Mr. Osinbajo had N94 million and $900,000.

It listed other assets of the president to include five houses in Kaduna, Daura, Kano and Abuja; two undeveloped plots of land, one in Kano and the other in Port Harcourt.

Mr. Buhari also had farms, an orchard, ranch, livestock including 270 cattle, 25 sheep, five horses, a variety of birds and a number of economic trees, according to the statement. The president had an unstated “number of cars”.

Vice President Osinbajo owned 4-bedroom residence at Victoria Garden City, Lagos and a 3-bedroom flat at 2 Mosley Road, Ikoyi, the statement said.

He also had a 2-bedroom flat at the popular Redemption Camp along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and a 2-bedroom mortgaged property in Bedford, England.

Apart from his law firm, known as SimmonsCooper, he had shareholding in Octogenerium Ltd., Windsor Grant Ltd., Tarapolsa, Vistorion Ltd., Aviva Ltd. and MTN Nigeria – all based in Lagos.
The release lacked specific details such as addresses and value of listed houses, and assets of spouses and unmarried children under 18.

The announcement came after repeated refusal by the new government to fulfil its promise of making the president’s assets public within its first 100 days in office.

Initially, the presidency had told Nigerians that Mr. Buhari was awaiting verification of the declared assets by the Code of Conduct Bureau before going public.

A week away from the government’s 100th day in office, amid mounting criticism, the presidency and the ruling All Progressives Congress denied Mr. Buhari made any promise within his first 100 days in office. That claim was proven by PREMIUM TIMES to be untrue.

When the presidency finally released some details of the assets, it assured Nigerians that full disclosure contained in the filed documents would be made public immediately after verification by the CCB.

“As soon as the CCB is through with the process, the documents will be released to the Nigerian public and people can see for themselves,” the statement by Mr. Shehu had said.

But a statement by the Code of Conduct Bureau on Wednesday shows the president reneged on that promise.

The statement, issued in response to a news report that verification of assets and liabilities declared by Messrs. Buhari, Osinbajo, President of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and other top government officials, including Speaker Yakubu Dogara, had not been completed, CCB said it had concluded the process of verifying the declarations of the mentioned officials.

“The bureau wishes to inform the general public that it has since concluded the verification of assets declared by those mentioned in the said publication,” CCB said in a statement by its Head, Press and Protocol, Mohammed Idris.

While the statement did not disclose when the verification was concluded, it said the process was “since concluded”.

The presidency did not respond to requests for comment for this story. Mr. Buhari’s spokespersons, Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu, did not respond to calls and text messages to their phones.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/202938-buhari-reneges-assets-pledge-fails-release-documents-ccb-verification.html

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by ShowYourCertificate: 7:01pm On May 05, 2016
Buhari has always been a scam all along. His WAEC certificate is a scam. His economic policies is a scam. His campaign promises is a scam. His assets declaration is a scam. Nigerians are becoming wiser now. The dullard/zombie effect of the APC is losing its grip on gullible Nigerians. Even some of the zombies has started wailing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Jirate(m): 7:04pm On May 05, 2016
Me, I am not Surprise. We have a Man full of Contradictions on our Hand. cool cool cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by ShowYourCertificate: 7:19pm On May 05, 2016
Jirate:
Me, I am not Surprise. We have a Man full of Contradictions on our Hand. cool cool cool
I've never seen a man so full of contradiction like Buhari. And some zombies will believe him when he says he's a man of integrity. Integrity my foot! He's so full of double standards. He criticised Obasanjo for touring the world but has outperformed Obasanjo in the Ajala business. He said there's nothing like fuel subsidy but is still paying fuel subsidy. He said he will diversify the economy and make the country less reliant on oil but is busy exploring for oil in the North. He claims he belongs to nobody and everybody but in an interview said he will concentrate on the 97% that voted him to the detriment of the 5% that didn't. Most of his core appointments have been from the North. Haven't you realised that it is during Buhari’s current govt that ethnic and religious crises have been on a rise? The shiites massacre, the Agatu killings, the Mile 12 Hause/Yoruba clash, the Enugu attack and the recent Aba riot. This is simply because Buhari is a tribalist and never a nationalist. He's the king in the north! He's not the true king of a united Nigeria.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by ShowYourCertificate: 7:27pm On May 05, 2016
Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy I hail una

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by fitzmayowa: 7:28pm On May 05, 2016
PMB will release it when he is done with his "junketeering" around the world...So much for integrity

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by ShowYourCertificate: 7:29pm On May 05, 2016
Omenka, Passingshot, Obiagelli, DropShot, Ngenekwenu, FastShipping, Pavore9, Beremx, what are your takes on this?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by VulgarVulvas: 7:32pm On May 05, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
I've never seen a man so full of contradiction like Buhari. And some zombies will believe him when he says he's a man of integrity. Integrity my foot! He's so full of double standards. He criticised Obasanjo for touring the world but has outperformed Obasanjo in the Ajala business. He said there's nothing like fuel subsidy but is still paying fuel subsidy. He said he will diversify the economy and make the country less reliant on oil but is busy exploring for oil in the North. He claims he belongs to nobody and everybody but in an interview said he will concentrate on the 97% that voted him to the detriment of the 5% that didn't. Most of his core appointments have been from the North. Haven't you realised that it is during Buhari’s current govt that ethnic and religious crises have been on a rise? The shiites massacre, the Agatu killings, the Mile 12 Hause/Yoruba clash, the Enugu attack and the recent Aba riot. This is simply because Buhari is a tribalist and never a nationalist. He's the king in the north! He's not the true king of a united Nigeria.

Buhari did not come to lead Nigeria but to oversea her demise.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Stalwert: 7:33pm On May 05, 2016
In due time it will be released I am sure of PMB intentions. ... we remember that Jogogoro flatly refused and stated clearly he doesn't give a damn about what Nigerians think.... pmb on the other hand takes our opinions about his govt seriously.

May God bless PMB and Nigeria.

shame on hating wailing zombies.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Stalwert: 7:34pm On May 05, 2016
[s]
VulgarVulvas:

Buhari did not come to lead Nigeria but to oversea her demise.

[/s]

Jogogoros destiny is to bankrupt Nigeria- Pastor Tunde Bakare

How right he was

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by VulgarVulvas: 7:38pm On May 05, 2016
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Jogogoros destiny is to bankrupt Nigeria- Pastor Tunde Bakare

How right he was

Keep blaming Jonathan

Zombie

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Stalwert: 7:42pm On May 05, 2016
[s]
VulgarVulvas:

Keep blaming Jonathan

Zombie
[/s]

Keep wishing Nigeria fails

Wailing zombie

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by VulgarVulvas: 7:46pm On May 05, 2016
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Keep wishing Nigeria fails

Wailing zombie

By Nigeria, you mean the Petroluem Republic of Arewasatan and Oduastan?

Yeye delusional Nijeriyan

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Splinz(m): 7:50pm On May 05, 2016
Doing that will become a can of worms for his sorry ass. We all know his uncommon corruption.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by ShowYourCertificate: 7:57pm On May 05, 2016
Meanwhile not any single one of Buhari's cabinet has declared their assets. This wasn't what Buhari promised during his campaign.

#Scam

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Pavore9: 7:57pm On May 05, 2016
@ShowYourCertificate, why the mention?
Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by ShowYourCertificate: 7:58pm On May 05, 2016
Splinz:
Doing that will become a can of worms for his sorry ass. We all know his uncommon corruption.
Nigerians deserve to see the can of worms. I thought he said he'll run a transparent government. iLaugh

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by ShowYourCertificate: 8:00pm On May 05, 2016
Pavore9:
@ShowYourCertificate, why the mention?
What's your take on the topic?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by queencalipso(f): 8:06pm On May 05, 2016
Stalwert:
In due time it will be released I am sure of PMB intentions. ... we remember that Jogogoro flatly refused and stated clearly he doesn't give a damn about what Nigerians think.... pmb on the other hand takes our opinions about his govt seriously.

May God bless PMB and Nigeria.

shame on hating wailing zombies.
At least the former was sincere enough to tell you categorically that he won't; so you will stop asking and expecting. while the latter lied, fooled and scammed you into believing that he's a saint and will do what the former refused to do BC he knows that's what u wanna here not because they are Hus realm intentions.

Now tell me, which one of them is more sincere and a man of integrity?
I will say the former, BC with him u know your fate and direction but same can not be said for the latter.

keep waiting for bubu's asset declaration, you will wait for eternity.

man of integrity my foot.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Pavore9: 8:07pm On May 05, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
What's your take on the topic?

Nigerians have a right to demand he keeps his promise as it was part of what he used to sell his candidacy to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 05, 2016
Scamhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Dcomrade(m): 8:14pm On May 05, 2016
grin
Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Stalwert: 8:17pm On May 05, 2016
[s]
queencalipso:

At least the former was sincere enough to tell you categorically that he won't; so you will stop asking and expecting. while the latter lied, fooled and scammed you into believing that he's a saint and will do what the former refused to do BC he knows that's what u wanna here not because they are Hus realm intentions.

Now tell me, which one of them is more sincere and a man of integrity?
I will say the former, BC with him u know your fate and direction but same can not be said for the latter.

keep waiting for bubu's asset declaration, you will wait for eternity.

man of integrity my foot.
[/s]

I see painment

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Dcomrade(m): 8:22pm On May 05, 2016
I hope Umar Danladi is watching Buhari? grin

Same man that told us he has an unknown land in PH, same man, Garba Shehun told us sold his House in Lagos to fund his daughter education(they called it tough luck)... cheesy

Well, I'm not surprised....afteral, same man said Abacha wasn't corrupt, just that money was illegally taking away during his administration!!!

In summary:
You have been scammed grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by ShowYourCertificate: 8:23pm On May 05, 2016
Pavore9:

Nigerians have a right to demand he keeps his promise as it was part of what he used to sell his candidacy to Nigerians.
Ok, thanks for being objective. The APC blind suporters would not like your comment.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by queencalipso(f): 8:32pm On May 05, 2016
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

I see painment
pufff!!!! lollz grin like I care whether the award winning scammer of the century declere his assets or not, perform magic or not. my dear am not expecting nor hoping so am neither pained nor disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Pavore9: 8:35pm On May 05, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
Ok, thanks for being objective. The APC blind suporters would not like your comment.

Neither PDP nor APC pays my bills, my mind does. So l owe myself an obligation to continually nourish my mind.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Pidggin(f): 8:37pm On May 05, 2016
grin Kikikiki

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by SeverusSnape(m): 8:38pm On May 05, 2016
queencalipso:

pufff!!!! lollz grin like I care whether the award winning scammer of the century declere his assets or not, perform magic or not. my dear am not expecting nor hoping so am neither pained nor disappointed.
I love you already smiley , Nice replies. Stalwert is a pained terrorhamadu foolhari supporter whose former account vedaxcool was banned for insulting his master (me). Let him try it again. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by queencalipso(f): 8:49pm On May 05, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I love you already smiley , Nice replies. Stalwert is a pained terrorhamadu foolhari supporter whose former account vedaxcool was banned for insulting his master (me). Let him try it again. grin

thanks dear; don't mind these people who thinks that stating the obvious and asking the right questions translates to one being pained or hating on bubu.
"They" know the truth, see the truth yet "they" chose to twist it just to comfort and make them selves feel better for their obvious failures.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by OLADD: 9:34pm On May 05, 2016
Heaven always has a way of having these people shoot themselves in the leg. While the CCB was trying to save its face from public opprobrium, the presidency is inadvertently been put in a fix. There's no hiding place for both Buhari and Osibanjo since it's now a public knowledge that the verifications have been completed. Anything short of full public disclosures in line with their campaign promises should be resisted by Nigerians. As I said yesterday, this is the ample time to put Buhari's integrity claim to stiff test.
Re: Buhari Fails To Release Asset Declaration Documents After CCB Verification by Mynd44: 9:48pm On May 05, 2016

(1)

People Who Made Jonathan's Regime Ungovernable: Niger Delta Avenger, Your Fault / Ijaw Nation Is Not At War With Yoruba Nation / Rescued Chibok Girl Was Never Kidnapped - (photo Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.