Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

How To Plan My Wedding Myself? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Plan My Wedding Myself? (14530 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / How To Plan A Good Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by shoshoB(f): 2:38pm On Feb 05, 2009
I'm getting married next year, and want to start planning now so that i can plan it myself without using a wedding planner, and it will be taking place in ILE IFE, i already know how i want the hall deco but just need a good company who can make my idea come true. I'm based in London and because my wedding will be in Nigeria i need to start planning now.

i need advice on hall venue in IFE please and if possible to have a website so i can picture some things in my head, and also hall deco website so i can see the kind of deco work.

Many thanks
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by hotpot(f): 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2009
Hello, You can drop me a line via sapphire.events@live.co.uk I currently live here in the uk and also run the business in nigeria too.
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by kokorunna(m): 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2009
Congrats, you don't need a wedding planner unless you are fully loaded.

Most of things have been mentioned already, have a budget in mind of how much you want to spend and then start prioritising each task.

Things to put into consideration

Hall or Venue
Wedding Clothes
Food and Drinks
Cars to used
Decorations
Cakes

check out www.exoticcakes.co.uk grin
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by morayosola: 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2009
Please does anyone know how to go about creating a website for my wedding? I would be getting married in August and i love the idea of having our own website. Thanks
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by davido74: 11:04am On Feb 16, 2009
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by ikefor(m): 12:27am On Feb 19, 2009
@ Morayosola, your question is much appreciated,

I  wasn't gonna write this yet but i figured that i'll be doing you some good if you knew this at this time.

I have a tool that i will introduce to you today, it'll help in planning your wedding by creating a wedding website that visually speaks for you in 4 easy clicks, no programming/HTML required. The entire process takes only about 5 mins and you will have your site up and running immediately. Once your site is up, you can always log in at a later time to upload pics, enter information in the site and all that stuff. The best part is that the site is free for 7 days and its PROUDLY NAIJA.

The tool is at its beta stage now, meaning that some testing is still on. However, effective launch date is MARCH 1ST, if you want to follow my product launch, please visit the site blog, which will be up on the February 25th.

Site name - www.weddingvisual.com
Blog - www.weddingvisual.com/blog
Our Designs - http://www.weddingvisual.com/index.php?page=select_design_login

You can get registered and if you have any queries, please reach me on 234 808 298 0818|support@weddingvisual.com|234 706 455 1710.

In addition, the secret to planning a successful wedding in this day and age is to first have a personal wedding website, thats why you see so many people who spend time to have their personal wedding sites, to constantly involve and inform friends, relations and colleagues about the change of events and other information that may be useful to them.

Today's tools are for today's people - we must realise that the way we used to get things done in the past may not suffice today. People who spend a token to get their personal wedding websites up are not silver-spooned, MIT-groomed or multi-millionaires, but they are the average Joes (and Jessicas) who simply found a great way to be smart, proactive and efficient in setting up their wedding plans, saving time, effort, money, enjoying a hitch-free wedding and to top it up, wedding in style. Its not rocket science - but its science. And that's the truth.

@nairalanders - Interested in partnering with my team, call me on the numbers above.
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by tolutoms: 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2009
You need to get "A2Z Wedding planner software". Its divine! It will make your wedding planning easy and ofcourse helps you with tips to give you a personalized/unique wedding of a lifetime! My dear, your wedding is once in a lifetime- u've got to plan it. cool cool cool cool
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by JamalJiga: 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hello

I have a hall which I have secured, for my wedding, and now I am looking for some good hall decorators, caterers and drinks (preferably from coca-cola), and I would like to some links or price quotes to the following:

Hall Decorators that will provide chairs and tables

Food/Caterers

Car hire (for the wedding day)
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by babaoo: 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
pls who is online can we chat on this topic
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by JamalJiga: 3:22pm On Aug 05, 2009
Would have love to chat, but I am at work and therefore can not chat, as applications like yahoo messenger, MSN, etc are disable by the central IT dept,
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by babaoo: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2009
my wedding is coming during november,i need to know the lists of things that will be collected by the wife,am from ijebuland.
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by JamalJiga: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2009
Congrats to hear that, your is sooner than mine,

When you say things to be collected by your wife what exactly do you mean?
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by babaoo: 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2009
ok,pls wen u are chanced if u can help me with the list will appreciate.tanks
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by JamalJiga: 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2009
Thats what I am not clear about, is it list for the traditional, church wedding or the reception? because they vary,
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by babaoo: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
i mean the gifts i would give her during the traditional wedding,as in yam ,oil and others she is from ijebu land.the list for traditional,church and reception
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by babaoo: 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2009
the list for yoruba ijebuland,for traditional,church,and reception
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2009
babaoo:

i mean the gifts i would give her during the traditional wedding,as in yam ,oil and others she is from ijebu land.the list for traditional,church and reception

i think the family of the babe will be the one to tell you what they want.
As per reception and all that, your pocket will determine all that.
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by JamalJiga: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
To be honest,

The list comes from her family, and it is something you will need her to ask her parents / family elders what it is.

as for wedding, from what i have seen so far, you will need to get her her wedding gown, chief bride maid's dress, and the other brides' maid's, the bible's, the ring bearer's cloths, wedding bands, clothes for parents.

reception is something else which i am still sourcing out for quotes for hall, catering, tables, chairs, drinks, red carpet, wedding cakes, DJ, and so on
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by JamalJiga: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ Phemmmy,

Do you know the prices of any of these, with which one can budget with.

Food/Caterers

Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by tolutoms: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hello guys,
have you not heard of A2Z wedding planner- software? It's the 1st in Nigeria which helps you plan your wedding step by step with features such as budget tracker, wedding calendar, guest list manager, engagement list tracker, aso ebi tracker e.t.c Its wedding planning made easy and it can be delivered to your door step.
Refer to this link for more details.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=91930534601
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by Fhemmmy: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
Jamal-Jiga:

@ Phemmmy,

Do you know the prices of any of these, with which one can budget with.

Food/Caterers

I have no idea how much they are.
I check some thread and let u have them.
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by Pittbaby(f): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2009
I am surprised at the number of posts stating "get a wedding planner" if you can afford it fine, but let us be realistic most people can not. besides unless you are really trying to have an over the top wedding all wedding planners do is utilize a list of vendors . Coordination, budgeting and on the day supervising of activities can be done by a reliable friend or family member. Please prove me wrong and quote one tried and tested wedding planner who charges less than 200K and I will be the first to give her/him a call
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by Fhemmmy: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
Pittbaby:

I am surprised at the number of posts stating "get a wedding planner" if you can afford it fine, but let us be realistic most people can not. besides unless you are really trying to have an over the top wedding all wedding planners do is utilize a list of vendors . Coordination, budgeting and on the day supervising of activities can be done by a reliable friend or family member. Please prove me wrong and quote one tried and tested wedding planner who charges less than 200K and I will be the first to give her/him a call

You make so much sense, besides, i think the fun in the wedding will be the fun of driving around and making appointments with your other half and achievement of knowing you did it all.
Nigeria is a family oriented hood, so there are cousins and aunts that can get a lot done for me jare.
Planner ko, architect ni.
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by hotpot(f): 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2009
D'Vale Events Limited

D'Vale Events Management is a full service company that provides complete consulting services. Our service enable us to find the best Venue ,Music, Audio, Video and Sound, Bridal and Wedding outfits, Make over, Caterers, Rental Services, Cake Decorator, Venue Decorators, Photographer’s Mc’s, Limousine/Transportation anything else you may fancy.
We are passionate about sourcing the best service .We endeavour to keep our service miles to a minimum and support, we hire seating for hundreds of people order transportation for guest we also find venue that’s affordable ‘Scratch of the above’. Our consultants are experienced and dedicated professionals with many years of event planning experience. Sapphire Events is unique. We give our clients our undivided attention. We listen to their needs and work with them to create the event of their dreams. Our clients' wishes become our commands. So whether our client wants a Western, African or more traditional wedding, we can help. Further enquries please contact viadvale.events@gmail.com or visit www.dvalevents.co.uk or 07093077233 ,08065281085.

Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by Nkpokiti: 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2009
mfjfyuk
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by babariches: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2009
what are we saying what is special about wedding planning.

food
venue
iv
clothes
gifts
etc.

wetin con special
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by SWeddings: 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hi,

You can find a good selection of vendors and planning ideas on our site www.sugarweddings.com, I have also found facebook to be a good resource in terms of lesser known vendors who do good work (most also tend to have their picture portfolios in their fb groups). Depending on how organized you are you should be able to plan your wedding without a planner, however, I recommend you have at least one person (cousin, best friend, sister, aunty, etc) that will coordinate activities 2 - 3 weeks to the wedding, so you don't become a bridezilla, lol. Good luck with your search, and keep us posted.

@Morayosola, the following vendors do wedding websites

www.iweddingsnigeria.com
www.wedding.com.ng
www.wed.com.ng

Cheers.
Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by Amjustme: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2009
Don't know what to think about the fact that you are not here and you have no idea about the place to even use. From experience i can assure you that you don't need that stress o! First thing to do is to think of a good friend or family member who is reliable to help you; might look so easy but my dear you cannot do everything all by yourself ok? You dont have to get a wedding planner(but if u can afford it why not); one of these people would do. All d best.

1 Like

Re: How To Plan My Wedding Myself? by defman: 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2009
hotpot:

Hello, You can drop me a line via sapphire.events@live.co.uk I currently live here in the uk and also run the business in nigeria too.

Na wa o, she say she doesn't want a wedding planner and you're already advertising?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Say Good Things About The Deceased? / Over 4,000 Registered For Kano Mass Wedding / Pictures Of Nigeria@52 Celebration In My Locality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.