Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,551 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:51 PM

My Experience At The Gtbank Food And Drink Fair **pictures* - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience At The Gtbank Food And Drink Fair **pictures* (1847 Views)

5 Things To Know Before Attending Gtbank Food And Drink / Gtbank Set For Annual Food & Drink Fair / Well Done GTBANK – The Food And Drink Fair Was A Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The Gtbank Food And Drink Fair **pictures* by petra22(f): 12:52pm On May 06, 2016
Workers day was just a few days ago and I was dead bored. For lack of anything to do, I went on twitter in search of some form of excitement and I stumbled on Gidi Traffic’s tweet about a food and drink fair being organized by GTBank. I called up some of my friends and we decided to meet up there. Off I went to Landmark Event Centre at Victoria Island. Yes, everything happens on the island *rolls eyes* Although it was a Monday, it had been declared a public holiday to mark the annual Workers’ day so getting there was a breeze. How I wish Lagos roads could be like that every day. ‘If wishes were horses’, I here you whisper.
Anyways, I got there quite early at around 2pm. On getting into the venue, I was given a customized GTB abebe (hand fan) by some smiley faces. The event was very well planned and organized with maximum security on standby. Damn, the bouncers were so buff. The whole place looked so colourful and posh. I especially liked the green carpet that was spread out in the open and had lots of thatched roof huts selling barbecues, drinks and a variety of other yummy foods. I bought a bottle of water and sat down at one of the thatched huts while I feed my eyes. I was particularly taken aback at how people were comfortably seated under the scotching sun. Do we now have a sun-bathing culture I am unaware of? A Good Samaritan should please keep me up with latest trends.
After surveying the vendors outside, I decided to go into the gigantic marquee tent where all the buzz was going on. I was handed a cute-looking GTB branded bottle of water by another set of smiley faces at the entrance. Immediately I stepped in, I sited Chuey, the Pulse TV guy and I literally ran. I came there to have fun not to embarrass my generation. Fear Chuey people, fear him! The ambiance of the place was nice and quite spacious. I was told that GTB had to construct the tent specifically for the event, whaow! There were so many vendors in the hall; I didn’t know where to start from. I made my way through the crowd and stumbled on a drink vendor where I ordered a very delicious cocktail which made me a little tipsy. I have zero alcohol tolerance. I had to munch on some Popsicle to clear the tipsiness. I also had the most delicious ice cream ever from one of the vendors called Hans and Rene. Unlike other ice cream I’ve had, there was no much serenre going on with theirs but it tastes very different from your regular ice cream. I heard it’s because it’s a gelatin based Italian ice cream. Can you see how I’m already having international exposure without even being to the airport. My God is good o! I quickly googled them and was so excited to see that they have a store at ICM for me and all my broads on the mainland. I will definitely be checking them out soon.

There was also a master cooking class by some of the top chefs in the game but I wasn’t allowed in. Apparently, I had to register online first but who cares? I only just wanted to see Chef Fregz in person. I window-shopped around all the other vendors and I found some of the foods and drinks a bit too pricey although, I understand the need to recoup the money spent on rent. This did not in any way deter people from turning up and wetting their appetites, and to think we keep saying the economy is hard.

I bumped into a number of my old friends from school and also met up with a new friend from twitter who I find very articulate and intellectually sound. Dude is always tweeting about geopolitical economy and no I won’t drop his handle, LOL. Go figure!
As night began to draw near, I had had enough fun and needed to start my journey back home. In all, it was a really fun event. If you weren’t there, you missed out a great deal. Thumbs up GTBank, I am looking forward to next years’ edition.

Source: http://strippedmind.com/my-experience-gtbank-food-drink-fair/

Cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Gtbank Food And Drink Fair **pictures* by donbenedict(m): 12:58pm On May 06, 2016
Awww, me dat like orisirisi...

I wish I were there too.. to sight some babes wink
Re: My Experience At The Gtbank Food And Drink Fair **pictures* by petra22(f): 1:04pm On May 06, 2016
Re: My Experience At The Gtbank Food And Drink Fair **pictures* by petra22(f): 1:06pm On May 06, 2016
Yup, you missed out. Loads of fresh Lekki babes there grin]

(1) (Reply)

Pure Honey From My Personal Hives For Sale!! / 99 Reasons Why Beer Is Better Than Women / Fried Rice VS Jellof Rice, Which Do You Prefare?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.