Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life (5272 Views)

After Life ( A Nairalander Talks About His Life Post Break Up Experience) / At The End Of The Tunnel / Short Story: The Man Is Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life by olasmith10(m): 2:48pm On May 06, 2016
Today makes it exactly two months that I experienced one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. I woke up that beautiful morning beaming with smiles synonymous to when a MTN subscriber just won a bonaza after several failed attempts. The previous night was mightily overwhelming as my dear Manchester united, as usual, squeezed life out of Arsenal and also a lady I have been asking out for 38 weeks sent me a green light and joy filled sms. Haan haan, Nkem don deh reason with me be that i said to myself after reading the sms.I quickly borrowed airtime from mtn as Nkem must have bn awaiting my reply…My happiness knew no bound when I woke up the following morning, I checked my well ironed blue shirt and the sight of its “geto” registered a reassurance that “all is well”

All was set as I took a small portion of the anointing oil, told God to arrest the traffic demons on Lagos roads, make man united lift the EPL and of course , let Nkem agree to my love proposal so that the will of God be accomplished.

I got to the bustop glowing with smiles and I could notice people were glancing admirably at me, obviously “dem deh feel my swag”

I set up to call a bike man, but I need to be careful so as not to call an “aboki” okada man cos those guys are very skillful in throwing passengers off the bike like chickens. seems they also learnt that act during their okada training.

Not quite long,i saw a bike man,flaged him down, And I quickly said; minini suhna ka? ( what is ur name in hausa) he replied; oga yellow, I no be aboki o..praise God, I said to myself.

Then the journey commenced and we both gisted about the economy, how buhari is really transforming the country, then i saw Nkem sister waving at me as if i am her newly wedded husband . I was so happy cos i knew she ll inform her sister how handsomely polished i look and what she has been missing all this while. All this thought filled my mind when suddenly I noticed the okada man wanted to manoeuver a school bus, but the driver denied him entrance, the bike slipped and before i could say “jack robinson” I, olasmith Michael landed inside a multicoloured, gelatinous, mosquitoes filled gutter.

Trust our Yoruba women as they quickly gathered in tens and they registered me with different modules of verbal consolations; haa!!!!Peele oh!!! ehya!!! Oloriburuku ni olokada yi, gentle boy ni bobo yi!!!, you ll not dis, you ll not that!!!

By dis time, I was already looking like a rainbow and sadness enveloped me. chai I fell inside gutter!!! It is better imagined than real.. infact I saw our pastor’s wife but she couldn’t even recognize me as the rainbowlic(new English) colour of the gutter has totally changed my identity.

I accepted my faith, stood up, went back home and said to myself, “The downfall of a man, isn’t the end of his life”

Olasmithmike@

Olasmith Michael is a graduate of University of Ilorin.

Olasmith Michael writes from

Lagos, western Nigeria.
Re: The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life by pabjo: 2:51pm On May 06, 2016
Hardlock. Up u go next. Ftc.omi
Re: The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life by pabjo: 3:02pm On May 06, 2016
bettersexlife04:
hmmmnn
what? Say something

(1) (Reply)

The Sugar Mum (Revised Edition) / What Do You Say To This? / My Iniquities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.