Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,387 members, 7,800,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down (36037 Views)

Nigerian Power Bikers Visit Obasanjo In His Mansion In Ogun State. Photos / Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria / Four Power Plants Shut After Militants’ Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 3:59pm On May 06, 2016
FLASH: Bombing of Chevron facility-All Nigerian power plants using gas to shut down in 1hr i.e Omotosho, Geregu, Olorunsogo, Egbin, Ughelli

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/728594876129017857

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by hassan85(m): 4:09pm On May 06, 2016
soon South southerners and South easterner will blame it on PMB. I tot u said we northerners can't control our children yet d elders in d south south looks on as dia kid detoriate their land and d easterners are on a kidnapping spree. Blame ds on Heards men again for d pipe destruction. #YouGuysAreOnlyCheatingYourSelves.

Modified, I no wailers will kill demselves on my comments. well keep d mentions coming. For nou sha enjoying my space for my SECOND FIRST TO COMMENT 2016. I owe nobody any apology.

199 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Pontaboki: 4:09pm On May 06, 2016
The Zoological republic,the 5% has spoken

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by hassan85(m): 4:15pm On May 06, 2016
Pontaboki:

D last tym I checked, Akpabio called you guys Headquarters of Kidnapping. sannu 5%

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Vongsama(m): 4:15pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:
soon South southerners and South easterner will blame it on PMB. I tot u said we northerners can't control our children yet d elders on d south south looks on as dia kid detoriate their land and d easterners are on a kidnapping spree. Blame ds on Heards men again for d pipe destruction. #YouGuysAreOnlyCheatingYourSelves.

Just as d north did demselves with BH thinking GEJ is d target right?

231 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by oduastates: 4:17pm On May 06, 2016
Am still shaking my head at all the lack of strategic planning that goes on in that country.
Sometimes when the otherwise brilliant Fashola speaks, I wonder at times if we are looking at the same country. Where do they get their optimism from? I will like to know.My guess is the blindness along the corridors of power.
Relying on the Ijaw areas of the Niger -delta for gas is like relying on Sambisa for tomatoes.
The whole Ijaw society is as dysfunctional as criminals masquerading as activist who are running amok in the creek .
Obasanjo did what you can refer to as strategic vandalism when he converted the coal fired egbin thermal station to gas. ( Not my words, quote from an Ijaw friend who is tired of all the criminals and semi-literates who have hijacked their society)
Why?
It is time for the government to stop looking for oil else where and start looking at the coal seams in Benue and kogi,and the untapped gases all over the country.
Dams like Owena , Ado ekiti, and Rivers like Osun,Ogunpa in the southwest, River benue, Niger can support numerous upstream hydro plants.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by hassan85(m): 4:17pm On May 06, 2016
Vongsama:

Just as d north did demselves with BH thinking GEJ is d target right?
Yet we all seeing nou wat Gej and his co thief's did with d fund. its obvious

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Pontaboki: 4:18pm On May 06, 2016
The people blowing up t Pipelines are not Nigerians

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by kcnwaigbo: 4:21pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:
soon South southerners and South easterner will blame it on PMB. I tot u said we northerners can't control our children yet d elders in d south south looks on as dia kid detoriate their land and d easterners are on a kidnapping spree. Blame ds on Heards men again for d pipe destruction. #YouGuysAreOnlyCheatingYourSelves.

Buhari is the one entrusted with the protection of pipelines and power supply,if the pipelines are bombed or power supply disrupted,he is the one to be blamed

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by TheFreeOne: 4:22pm On May 06, 2016
undecided

Wisdom and Diplomacy are more effective than force.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by modath(f): 4:25pm On May 06, 2016
Pontaboki:

Get a band and start a party... congrats....

Aso villa has 24hrs light, The Governors, ministers and Lawmakers would use government resources to get power...

I believe Almost all of SW and Most of the North apart from not experiencing degradation have more PMS available to power alternate sources of energy....

No, nothing meaningful was said by the saboteurs, foolish is what this is... cutting off the nose to spite the face...

Proudlyngwa ,

The more we look, the less we see!!

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by SleekAboki: 4:29pm On May 06, 2016
It was expected.We also expect nairaland to lose her Nigeria traffic till the avengers are appeased and power restored.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by tuniski: 4:33pm On May 06, 2016
Sad Nigeria has deteriorated to this level of lawlessness,cos of a lack of nationalism primarily promoted by born to rule mentality!

Buhari where are u cos this is damn serious ooooooo.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by rottennaija(m): 4:47pm On May 06, 2016
Good for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Vongsama(m): 4:49pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:

Yet we all seeing nou wat Gej and his co thief's did with d fund. its obvious

Everyone knows gej n his team looted 'the' money and by that I meant d money meant for buyin of arms to fight who? BH

So pls say tell me, between d arms deal fraud n BH, wich precedes d other cus obviously u seem to b mixin tins up. Dnt wanna call u a zombie bt if that's wat u want, den that's what u get.
I did nt dispute gej's loot, all I said is that they created n destroyed demselves in tryin to make d country ungovernable. I don't understand y u hav to deviate completely n spew dis.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 06, 2016
oduastates:
Am still shaking my head at all the lack of strategic planning that goes on in that country.
Sometimes when the otherwise brilliant Fashola speaks, I wonder at times if we are looking at the same country. Where people like him get their optimism from? I will like to know.
Relying on the Ijaw areas of the Niger -delta for gas is like relying on Sambisa for tomatoes.
The whole Ijaw society is as dysfunctional as criminals masquerading as activist who are running amok in the creek .
Obasanjo did what you can refer to as strategic vandalism when he converted the coal fired egbirra thermal station to gas.
Why?
It is time for the government to stop looking for oil else where and start looking at the coal seams in Benue and kogi,and the untapped gases all over the country.

It seems we sw nd middle belt are d only sane region in this country,the north east are boko haram,n.west are Fulani herdsmen,ss now full of militant,se now doing ipob protest,killin in aba nd co.
Am just fed up of this country,everybody should just go there seperate way

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by EasternLeopard: 4:56pm On May 06, 2016
The 5% have spoken. Over to the 97%

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Bassee(m): 5:03pm On May 06, 2016
modath:

Get a band and start a party... congrats....

Aso villa has 24hrs light, The Governors, ministers and Lawmakers would use government resources to get power...

I believe Almost all of SW and Most of the North apart from not experiencing degradation have more PMS available to power alternate sources of energy....

No, nothing meaningful was said foolish is what this is... cutting off the nose to spite the face...

Proudlyngwa ,

The more we look, the less we see!!
So the North and South West will be in light while the rest will swim in darkness? Do you even believe your own lies? Pipeline attacks affect everyone and the moment you guys advise Buhari to do the needful and protect our pipelines, the better for us all! Buhari hasn't invested a dime in any other sector of our economy since he came in and Nigerians are crying, If oil is taken away, apart from Buhari whose food budget covers him, the rest of us are in for it.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 06, 2016
But i have light now!! abi no be Lagos I dey so?? meanwhile it's been long Buhari tasted aeroplane. .has he travelled yet?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by modath(f): 5:12pm On May 06, 2016
Bassee:

So the North and South West will be in light while the rest will swim in darkness? Do you even believe your own lies? Pipeline attacks affect everyone and the moment you guys advise Buhari to do the needful and protect our pipelines, the better for us all! Buhari hasn't invested a dime in any other sector of our economy since he came in and Nigerians are crying, If oil is taken away, apart from Buhari whose food budget covers him, the rest of us are in for it.

We are saying the same thing... Buhari isn't being punished, the Elites won't suffer, (some pipeline "repairers" will even hammer) it's the regular people that will hear wheeenn!!

As for the darkness, the blackout will affect everywhere but the locations where pump prices are low and have modest supply will have it easier to power alternate sources of power, that's the pure truth... dazall.....

As for the Saboteurs, I doubt they are true Niger Deltans, all will be revealed in due course..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:
well, I hope darkness is for all. . tell your brother to produce his certificate and all this rubbish will stop

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by kcnwaigbo: 5:17pm On May 06, 2016
Bassee:

just allow her to continue to yarn opata.I live in lagos and know what exactly these pipeline attacks have done to the city.Niger-delta remains the power house of the country.Going after Tompolo was the most stupid decision Buhari has ever taken

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Beremx(f): 5:18pm On May 06, 2016
EasternLeopard:
The 5% have spoken. Over to the 97%
this one will always support militancy and violence. Go queue and buy fuel for your generator that is if you have one. I am sure you will also be affected by the blackout.

nonsense!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by kcnwaigbo: 5:19pm On May 06, 2016
modath:

We are saying the same thing... Buhari isn't being punished, the Elites won't suffer, (some pipeline "repairers" will even hammer) it's the regular people that will hear wheeenn!!

As for the darkness, the blackout will affect everywhere but the locations where pump prices are low and have modest supply will have it easier to power alternate sources of power, that's the pure truth... dazall.....

As for the Saboteurs, I doubt they are true Niger Deltans, all will be revealed in due course..

when you were shouting boko haram attacks!! chibok girls!! was it affecting Jonathan? oya continue

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Jhappy(f): 5:21pm On May 06, 2016
Pontaboki:
And who suffers?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by kcnwaigbo: 5:21pm On May 06, 2016
Beremx:
this one will always support militancy and violence. Go queue and buy fuel for your generator that is if you have one. I am sure you will also be affected by the blackout.

nonsense!

Buhari should just do his job and provide electric power and fuel otherwise he would be deemed a failure.Very soon the masses would soon revolt against him.Time is running out

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by iflywithbuhari(f): 5:21pm On May 06, 2016
Sai Baba. APC clap for yourself

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Balkan(m): 5:23pm On May 06, 2016
Papa way say in pikin no go sleep, him too no go sleep.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 06, 2016
Fashola children = present in USA
Ameachi own = USA
Buhari pikin= UK
Wike own = UK
Osinbajo own =aso rock enjoying cool AC on their beds.
Alameisheigha own In Dubai enjoying life.
Fayose own nko? Government house and travelling with him to China...
You nko, inside a room apartment under hot sun without light or money to run generator( if you have one). And you are happy that the power supply is zero. Smh for you. Who go suffer pass or likely to die un noticed from too much heat? Continue........

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Akshow: 5:24pm On May 06, 2016
Issorait
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by myners007: 5:24pm On May 06, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Wants Those Who Attacked His House Exposed / 7 Reasons Why Nigeria Should Have Abstained From The UN Jerusalem Vote - ETimes / *BREAKING* : 'US Officials' Have Signalled @atiku To Come For Visa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.