Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 (67636 Views)

My Experience Using Tecno WX3 Pro / Will You Consider Using Tecno T484 With 4000mah Battery Which Last For 80days? / My Experience Using Tecno L8 + Few Specs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by selfdefence: 10:18pm On May 06, 2016
Hmmmmm..

Op is that your real pix?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by babs01(m): 10:19pm On May 06, 2016
s.e.u.n sef dey chop inside dis advert
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by intergral(m): 10:20pm On May 06, 2016
JasonWattz:
Relax, bruh, i dig the fact that you seeing this as substandard, buh you neccessarily don't have to jump into early conclusions yet. Like she stated earlier, she owsn an LG G3, and all these coming from her? If you ask me, its gonna be worth the hype in the end. Hold on a little.
her LG G3 must be a refurbished one cos the original G3 i knw i a phone that wil never want you to look at phones like techno!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by elklehamite(m): 10:24pm On May 06, 2016
Can this Tecno W4 be compared to Tecno Camon 8 (c8)?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Milikiman: 10:26pm On May 06, 2016
Ds is interesting.wat abt da battery life.den compared to gionee m5mini functions
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by chidekings(m): 10:30pm On May 06, 2016
Flashh:
This girl really need to get her hands on real phones.

techno has started snatching our popular members to give credibility to their wack phones

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by yomalex(m): 10:31pm On May 06, 2016
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by patrickmuf(m): 10:32pm On May 06, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:
Tecno will always be tecno...
Irrespective of how hard you try to paint it.
As much as I dislike tecno, this is you stereotyping big time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by DMerciful(m): 10:33pm On May 06, 2016
@ MizMyColi
Where have you been?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Rilwayne001: 10:34pm On May 06, 2016
well, I am still enjoying my camon c8 with the superb marshmallow features kiss
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Kaydz(m): 10:36pm On May 06, 2016
MizMyColi:
If you've ever been in a position where you desire something but constrained by cost due to other important priorities, then you can relate with the story I'm about to tell.

Please don't get it twisted, this is not my first time around Tecno phones. I've used two briefly Phantom Aplus and the Boom J8.
I wasn't too cool with the phantom APlus angry
But Having had a feel of J8 and seeing it compete comfortably with my LG G3 vigor which is way more expensive, I decided to buy it. I never hid my love for the phone here on Nairaland.

Somewhere along the line, through searching the internet, I caught wind of W4; TECNO's first Android 6.0 AKA Marshmallow Phone grin
I made up my mind to buy it for two main reasons.

1. It is Android 6.0
2. It was cheaper at 29k though I just realized that the phone actually sells for 23K undecided

Little did I know that I would be getting so much value for much lesser. I found out about other features which has made me a stickler to this particular gadget. I'm going to be talking about it in my own layman language. I am not a Tech Guru per se.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3685098_hdips4_jpeg473c11f76df06c93fa0b602cbaa594ad
Kindly note that I did not snap this picture with Tecno W4. I did this with my LG G3 because I was yet to unbox the phone at the time.
You can juxtapose this with the picture quality of the phone charger and earpiece I snapped using W4 below and reach your conclusion.

Two downsides I noticed though is that the charger has two connecting rods, I prefer three; secondly, the earpiece is very good for those who like to have a total music experience, but me, I prefer to be aware of my environment sometimes when listening to music. (Pictures attached)

THE DISPLAY & SCREENSHOT FUNCTION
I was told that the phone is a 5.0 inches HD IPS Touch Screen, initially I thought it was Fabuu, but using it now, I can say that it lived up to my expectation. Moreso, I noticed that the 5.0 inches screen size of the W4 is bigger than that of my LG G3 Vigor.
Secondly, for me, gone are the days of having to hold the volume and power key just to take a screenshot which most times ends up getting spoiled because that volume icon tends to mess it up.
All for 29,000 23,000 naira. cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3684971_hdips_jpeg026b413499bf05b006ef7ab639642f7b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3684970_hdips2_jpegc513ef19a5eabd4102a3f6423f38886e

Pictures 1 & 2 above depict the brilliant screen display and how I get to take screenshots on my phone respectively.

CAMERA FUNCTIONALITY

The phone came with an 8MP camera. When I saw it, I was like pfffttt.
BUt to my surprise, the picture quality is amazing really. My LG G3 is 8MP as well but the picture quality is nothing compared to this one.
I snapped the phone charger and earpiece to show you guys what it looks like.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3685069_hdips3_jpegdea3edf4374376eea6ebda270f04028f

I could go on and on about other intricate features of the phone, but let me rest here first please. *Drinks Water* tongue
wink

You can ask me questions or better still,

:- https://www.naij.com/822141-tecno-w4-android-marshmallow.html
Congratulations on getting the Tecno W4. However, under no circumstance should you compare LG G3 with any, the emphasis is on the word 'ANY' of all tecno phones. To start with, LG G3 doesn't come with an 8MP like you clearly stated. It has a 13MP rear camera with one of the best image processing software in the market. This despite the fact that the phone came out almost 3 years ago. I guess you got a refurbished LG G3 or the one with stylus which is a mid range version of the real LG G3.

I understand the need to make certain comparisons to either justify your purchase of the tecno phone but comparing TECNO with LG is an almost unpardonable offence. They are miles apart and should not be mentioned in the same vein.

If you want to make comparisons, go for phones with seemingly proportional lesser quality or better still their direct competitors like infinix and the likes.

Having said that, I hope you have much fun with your new phone. Be Good

13 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by doskie(m): 10:45pm On May 06, 2016
Just bought c8. I won't lie the touch pad sensitivity is so depressing compared to my Samsung s4. Just thank God say I never sell am. I'll flash it and rebag it. 4k techno. I wish I bought Samsung j1 for 28k instead of this box of pig pupu for 35k. Another rubbish is the way this language prediction forces mumu ideas on me. I'm going back to Samsung the way notorious b. I. G went back to carli

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:47pm On May 06, 2016
MizMyColi:

grin
Seriously...
You sound like you expect heaven and earth from a 23k smartphone.

The marshmallow and sleek physique is enough for me joor.

I was going to pretend like I don't understand all the tech speak up there, but that will be unfair.
Lol

I will like to give you a hands on experience answer to your questions.
Plus I'm about to leave work now.

Brb in a jiffy.
Inugowink
like seriously, pls what is the exact function of the marshmallow?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 06, 2016
Op why didn't you mention the 1gb Ram ?

Or the 2500Amh battery strength?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:51pm On May 06, 2016
I am also interested to kno
IRserveMyComent:
like seriously, pls what is the exact function of the marshmallow?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by fbtowner(m): 10:51pm On May 06, 2016
OP. Please are u referring to the Tecno phones I deal with everyday?

Please save urself a lot of stress. Their phones are not to be compared with LG and co. The only thing I give to tecno is the ba3 life. They grew fast to making a 4000mAh that's a good development. But every other thing is trash. Tecno and her friends still uses wire red and black to run connections in this Age Too bad.

Well. My take on this is. Tecno phones are for Noobs and not people who have been using android phones before the existence of Tecno

Look back to the days of LG OPTIMUS 3D. A phone with full 3D function. LG had this phone before the existence of tecno. So please don't compare father and son. Its an unforgivable offence.

Enjoy your new phone

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by fbtowner(m): 10:55pm On May 06, 2016
doskie:
Just bought c8. I won't lie the touch pad sensitivity is so depressing compared to my Samsung s4. Just thank God say I never sell am. I'll flash it and rebag it. 4k techno. I wish I bought Samsung j1 for 28k instead of this box of pig pupu for 35k. Another rubbish is the way this language prediction forces mumu ideas on me. I'm going back to Samsung the way notorious b. I. G went back to carli

Don't mind them. And some folks will be hyping the phone.

When ever my colleague @ work wants me to help them with something on their phone. I use to feel very uncomfortable cos the phone will make life miserable for me both their J7 and J8. Na rubbish. They come put Halogen light for front camera that can't even flash. It is either u put it on or off.

Noobs will always be Noobs. That's the Op case
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by franklin000(m): 10:56pm On May 06, 2016
Yeah I just bought my own W4 today honestly the phone rocks I'm really enjoying it
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Akalia(m): 10:59pm On May 06, 2016
TeamBlackBerry smiley, Techno is a no! no! For me. sad

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by chaseChoder(m): 10:59pm On May 06, 2016
My infinix hot 2 has 2gig ram 2,200/3,000mah battery, 8mp Camera front 2mp camera and it's running on android marshmallow been using it for seven months now it's still serving me well although I have bricked it couple of times am not scared when I do that hmwhat I just do is install my backup ROM . compare the specs to w4 I like the design thank what I give techno high five for
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by qiubee(m): 11:05pm On May 06, 2016
braimeddy:
The word TECNO has spoilt everything. Try and use this phone for up to 6 months before giving us testimonies.

dont go there..my R7 is a year plus nw...and it neva gave me any ish...so u don't talk trash bout wat u ve neva use..who knows if its malata u dey use sef..lol

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Pearlvictory(m): 11:07pm On May 06, 2016
Run Atutu benchmark test on it and then give the feedback.

meanwhile I have no idea why peeps dey praise MTK devices for here, let alone phone wey no be flagship phone
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by chrixus(m): 11:07pm On May 06, 2016
Op please I Love this phone. I have to get it ASAP, I hope its that 23k o... Becos economy no good o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Jidibia(m): 11:12pm On May 06, 2016
5.0 inch screen is 5.0 inch screen so don't come here hyping w4 abeg?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by haibe(m): 11:14pm On May 06, 2016
If u have the money, just buy the best once and for all. Ignore all these Chinese devices and go for better brands like Samsung, LG and HTC. Am still surprised how you seem to claim this your techno is better than the LG g3. It's totally impossible, you probably have a cloned g3 or simply don't know what you have in hand.

#TeamGalaxyS6

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by tuzle(m): 11:14pm On May 06, 2016
bulldoza:
Tecno phones are classless and worthless phones
First tecno android phone I used was Phantom V7. Very problematic.
Always rebooting
Bad Bluetooth
Bad camera
Miserable battery etc in just 9 months of purchase.
And when I took it to their thievery customer care, they charged me 18k just to fix a cracked calibrator that is still active. Minus the charges for other problems oo undecided Even my Samsung galaxy 5 calibrator doesn't cost that much. I just dumped the useless thing their.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Flashh: 11:16pm On May 06, 2016
chidekings:

techno has started snatching our popular members to give credibility to their wack phones
She's likely to be their(Tecno's) agent.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Orator2383: 11:21pm On May 06, 2016
Design wise, Android marshmallow and the affordability, I will give it a 7/10
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by macaranta(m): 11:24pm On May 06, 2016
Looks like a great device

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by lakefist(m): 11:27pm On May 06, 2016
Kaydz:
Congratulations on getting the Tecno W4. However, under no circumstance should you compare LG G3 with any, the emphasis is on the word 'ANY' of all tecno phones. To start with, LG G3 doesn't come with an 8MP like you clearly stated. It has a 13MP rear camera with one of the best image processing software in the market. This despite the fact that the phone came out almost 3 years ago. I guess you got a refurbished LG G3 or the one with stylus which is a mid range version of the real LG G3.

I understand the need to make certain comparisons to either justify your purchase of the tecno phone but comparing TECNO with LG is an almost unpardonable offence. They are miles apart and should not be mentioned in the same vein.

If you want to make comparisons, go for phones with seemingly proportional lesser quality or better still their direct competitors like infinix and the likes.

Having said that, I hope you have much fun with your new phone. Be Good
Shut up! Before you rate the phone buy yours and post your review base on your observation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Dyt(f): 11:28pm On May 06, 2016
Mizmycoli
Is that your bumbum?
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Opt Out Of Mtn Pulse? Deactivate / Nokia 6300 : / Ngage 2.0 And All Games Cracked. Instructions And Download Link.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.