Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,451 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:36 PM

My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 (67537 Views)

My Experience Using Tecno WX3 Pro / Will You Consider Using Tecno T484 With 4000mah Battery Which Last For 80days? / My Experience Using Tecno L8 + Few Specs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by JasonWattz(m): 8:48am On May 07, 2016
powerfulsettingz:

Bro would you mind a phone of 15k with air conditioner, scanner. Hot plate and 7 flash light instead?
Hey there? Honestly, I fail to understand why you failed to understand when she stated she wasnt expecting such nice stuff from a 23Grand device... Not that m expecting rather too much from this midranger, buh i honestly wanted to know if it was close to "okay" for an "average" android user... I've used high end devices From Samsung Galaxy S3 to LG L90 to 3 Htc Desire devices. With the current economic stance of the Country... Most peeps dont have what it takes to obtain the high end satisfactory droids, (me included). So i wanted to be sure of some stuff before paying for the device. Do not get it twisted bruh.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by JasonWattz(m): 8:54am On May 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

I've attached a VN. (oops, it refused to upload).
I used my Q10 to record the sound. I did not tweak in anyway.
My verdict is that it is Okay. I rarely listen to Music via phone speakers. For maximum experience, I prefer headsets. It's heavenly when I play on a fully charged headset with W4 or any phone at all.

Okay, so for this part, I detached my W4 from the pouch that came with it, and then compared to my G3..
Both of them seem to weigh same joor.
Can't say which is heavier.‎

lol
I'm not a pressure presser.
I wouldn't know if there are other forms of pressure you can put on a phone.
For the past  3 - 4 hours, I've opened a total of 16 apps. And I am told right there on the screen that i've used 233MB out of 1GB. I also have the option of cleaning the RAM if I think it's too much.
Then there's DU booster which I seldom run, not because the phone has ever given me any slow or lagging attitude but because, I just have this habit of wanting to ensure a hundred percent optimisation, if anything like that exists.‎ 

If I had not discovered what I just did this evening.
My answer to this question would have been *Okay* but I just discovered this SPEED+Engine feature in settings and the way the phone responds to touch abi clicks is sort of scary now. I mean it's super fast.
I'm considering turning it off and returning to "Okay" mode. Afterall I wasn't complaining about the speed before.
Prevention is better than cure. Before the speedwill cause me to dial a number in my bag one day and all my airtime will zap.

I say this because there is this particular feature called smart lock.
If you register certain locations on Google maps as your place of domicile, the phone won't lock.
It can also sense when you hold it close to your body and won't lock.

It is only online that I hear 1GB RAM complaints.
I haven't had cause to.

I wouldn't know what qualifies as heavy here, but then....
While I admit that the 2500mAh battery was a turnoff at first...I sha went for it because of masmalow and I haven't felt like the battery is a major ish.
Maybe the reason I'm not feeling it is because I use 3 other phones, 2 are major smartphones. But then, in terms of daily usage statistics, W4 has topped the chart since I got it. I haven't ever left it to go to zero.
Let me monitor it this evening. It is 60% now.
Last charge was earlier this morning.‎
So for now, I will say Battery consumption is okay though I have not yet configured battery optimisation on the phone (There is an option for that as well).
Gratitude, Miss. Thanks for taking the time to rectify my doubts, much apreciated. I place some huge level of trust on your judgment here. So do you advice a really broke nigga to go for this device? Can you guarantee that there would be no cause for regrets? I do not expect "too much" from it, buh i hope its sure able to handle daily average smartphone tasks without qualms.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by MizMyColi(f): 8:56am On May 07, 2016
UjSizzle:

Aite. Apologies then for the mix up.

Still, I've handled a fair number of Tecno phone-- even their touted flagship device with 'superior camera' and it wasn't even great. So I have great difficulty believing this your comparison nne.
Perhaps you should take actual photos with both, outside in the almost beautiful light and post pictures? Let's not bother with testing their low light performance.

Btw long time. How are you?

Okay.
I'll try.

If I didn't post this pseudo-review myself, perhaps I wouldn't open this thread.
Especially since that Aplus experience.

But I owe it a duty to myself and posterity to correct whatever bad (not necessarily incorrect) impression I made about Tecno phones....after handling J8 and then owning this one.

I have a hyper active conscience.
The last thing I would do is post so assertively on features I have neither seen nor experienced on this phone.

I'm doing great.
It's been a while truly. I'm fine.
It gets better.

I trust you are toosmiley

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by MizMyColi(f): 8:58am On May 07, 2016
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by JasonWattz(m): 9:00am On May 07, 2016
Flashh:

With the way I'm seeing it, it seems she was paid to market this Tecno W4.

But she has overhyped it more than the below par specs of the device itself.
Okay? I think you should get to handle the phone instead then... Place your strong opinions after pushing it to the limits of usage. Then if it under-performs, you can then rain down lava on the device.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2016
This phone is lacking one nifty feature which is OTG. Plugged in my otg flash and it didn't respond.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by xynerise: 9:04am On May 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

Just like Goodluck and PDP employ me that time when I jhoin politics newly abi?
cheesy

I laugh in Swahili.
You tell megrin
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by MizMyColi(f): 9:13am On May 07, 2016
JasonWattz:
Gratitude, Miss. Thanks for taking the time to rectify my doubts, much apreciated. I place some huge level of trust on your judgment here. So do you advice a really broke nigga to go for this device? Can you guarantee that there would be no cause for regrets? I do not expect "too much" from it, buh i hope its sure able to handle daily average smartphone tasks without qualms.

My dear
I wrote to you in all sincerity.
The last thing I want to do is jeopardise my reputation by posting LIES for Tecno Mobile whom for all I know, are not even aware of my existence.

I am just a one week old W4 owner who was scammed into buying the phone for 29k when it actually sells for 23k. (Even at the 29k, I was rejoicing like I had played a fast one on th seller. smh).

Intel is a good processor.
AMD is a good processor.
But we all know that Intel is Oga, anytime, anyday.
AMD is really trying and has some advantage over Intel, but Intel remains what it is...The best for now.

The analogy above can be likened to Snapdragon and Mtk chipsets.
Snapdragon is Oga! More reason why my w4 mya never be fully able to compete with my G3 vigor.

But then, there are still features here and there that make me prefer W4 to it. Number one being Marshmallow. My G3 vigor is KitKat.
W4 is double Sim. G3 is not.
There are more, but these are valid reasons to me.

I cannot give you guarantee because I'm a new user as well. That said, I do not think you would regret owning the device, based on your specifications above.

If it ever gives you issues... 
Please let me know. Having put my reputation on the line like this, I will go any length to call out Tecno concerning the device, if it is established as their factory error. Do keep in mind though, that it's 23k. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.
wink

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Dam5reey(m): 9:21am On May 07, 2016
ShakaZullu:
[s][/s]
shatap infinix gat many gadget of 2gb ram for 25k or more so mr man tecno is a wacky company ripping their customers.
the earlier they admit it the better grin

Oga how much is Note 2 1 GB Ram?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Reddington(m): 9:35am On May 07, 2016
UjSizzle:
grin

I'm still trying to come to terms with how you compared this W4 camera to LG G3. Like the actual LG G3? That's a joke. Maybe it's a different version biko.

The picture isn't shabby, but it's not great either. And the LG processes better quality pictures than that.
You just committed a phone blunder... pls don't do that again sad

I was going to say same thing, but you beat me to it..

LG g3 is in the class of Samsung Galaxy series, HTC, Nexus etc.. They're high-end android phones that cannot in any ramification be compared with MTK (copycats) products like Tecno, injoo, infinix etc. They're all poor imitation of the real android phones,if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Dam5reey(m): 9:36am On May 07, 2016
ShakaZullu:
am not a particular fan of any product be it tecno infinix gionee but as it stands these people are ahead of tecno in terms of innovation
imagine tecno with 5000mah + without flash charge omo that one na die because you'll sleep overnight charging it grin

See start a phone company lets see what specs you can offers... Common phone user like you.... Start the business and understand what it takes
Htc Samsung LG Sony. Have low end phones too that are crappy in terms of specs

Just because There is S7 does not mean a 23k W4 should have the same features.. Flash Charge...
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Sunbellar: 9:37am On May 07, 2016
braimeddy:
The word TECNO has spoilt everything. Try and use this phone for up to 6 months before giving us testimonies.
MizMyColi, please listen to this guy's advise! It will help you to reserve more of energy hyping trash!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Flashh: 9:47am On May 07, 2016
Dyt:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is this flashdarin or how's that your username spelt set
cheesy
You're seeing my moniker, you're still asking how it's spelt.

You can question a stone.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Flashh: 9:51am On May 07, 2016
Caseless:

grin angry grin

Mizmycoli , u don de work for naij.com?
She should come, let me buy her real phone.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by ShakaZullu(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2016
[s]
Dam5reey:

See start a phone company lets see what specs you can offers... Common phone user like you.... Start the business and understand what it takes
Htc Samsung LG Sony. Have low end phones too that are crappy in terms of specs

Just because There is S7 does not mean a 23k W4 should have the same features.. Flash Charge...
[/s]
trash trash trash
common infinix hot note pro has flash charge
mr man tecno is crap deal with it
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by ShakaZullu(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2016
[s]
Dam5reey:

[/s]
i personally criticized infinix for that scrap and told many people not to buy it because it's a big trash so now you'll understand that i don't support any brand i just hate overhyped scrap

how much is infinix hot note pro cool
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by StepTwo: 9:56am On May 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

You should have included the price as well.
Not just list the specs you think of as unfavouarble.

I did not buy a joke.
Stop badmouthing my device please.
If it ever gives me issues, let me be the one who does the badmouthingwink

am sorry ma, i shoulda considered the price as you've said.

a pleasant weekend to you.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Nobody: 9:56am On May 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

1Stola cheesy
Is that you? Lol

Oh well, I admitted in the OP to using a Phantom APlus which I wasn't proud of in anyway.

If this one gives me issues, I will announce here.
Btw it's 23k for crying out loud.
I don't expect heaven and earth from it joor.
cheesy
Na so
Enjoy ya money kiss
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by pcoolioz(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2016
everytime its always the same battle, people hear tecno and heads start rolling with insults, she gave an honest review imo and yet some people are still ranting. granted tecno isn't the best phone out there but it's still a good phone. believe me there are millions of people who are crazy about tecno out there and honestly they made smart phones accessible to Lots of folks who didn't have the resources for expensive phones.
y'all should not just forget that sometimes those big phones you buy you r buying just the name. it's not worth it atims.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Dyt(f): 10:41am On May 07, 2016
Flashh:

You're seeing my moniker, you're still asking how it's spelt.

You can question a stone.

So you rem your password?

Been ages man
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by IAmshandy(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

Just like Goodluck and PDP employ me that time when I jhoin politics newly abi?
cheesy

I laugh in Swahili.
nice one ma. Pls what kind of phone would you advice me to buy at an affordable price? (affordable i mean 23-30) thank you.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by bizhop101(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2016
WHO SEND U? tell am sey i no dey house
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by jojothaiv(m): 11:35am On May 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

Yours is even funnier. grin grin grin I'm having fun on this thread tbh.
E don tay NL sweet me like this.
LMAO!!! Happy Weekend Jo....
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by jojothaiv(m): 11:37am On May 07, 2016
Dam5reey:

When you finally discovered that Infinix and Tecno are own by the same company...
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Flashh: 11:46am On May 07, 2016
Dyt:

So you rem your password?

Been ages man
Rem my password? How's that possible? Please say something else. grin

Seems you're now a tranny. cheesy

BTW... Your kid(s)?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by MizMyColi(f): 11:58am On May 07, 2016
IAmshandy:
nice one ma. Pls what kind of phone would you advice me to buy at an affordable price? (affordable i mean 23-30) thank you.

If you are comfy with mtk chipsets, you can go for Tecno W4.

Also Make research on infinix and gionee phones within that range.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Dyt(f): 12:10pm On May 07, 2016
Flashh:

Rem my password? How's that possible? Please say something else. grin

Seems you're now a tranny. cheesy

BTW... Your kid(s)?

Son is doing wonderful
Just one for now
Economy e no gree me
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Flashh: 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
Dyt:

Son is doing wonderful
Just one for now
Economy e no gree me

No fear economy jarey. Make you born another one on my behalf.

If money wey I get no reach, I go borrow money from Lalasticlala give you.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:28pm On May 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

If you are comfy with mtk chipsets, you can go for Tecno W4.

Also Make research on infinix and gionee phones within that range.
I hate when people just bash tecno because of its brand name. You'v done a good job dear! I usually tell people bring a 23,000 samsung and a 23,000 tecno/infinix/gionee let's compare it side by side....when it comes to those affordable phones, most samsung phones are wacked in specs! Its only when you get to their high end phones you'll be amazed....recently, a company xiaomi has been producing bad-a.s.s phones with wowing specs that wuld make samsung shiver at their prices.
Well that's the Power of a Brand name, the name samsung or apple stinks of class that people don't bother to check if they are getting value for their money. These top companies are ripping people of their money but people are too blind to see it, that once a phone stands side by side with their prducts, its quickly termed rubbish. #Kudos to samsung & apple marketing team tho!
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Dyt(f): 12:33pm On May 07, 2016
Flashh:

No fear economy jarey. Make you born another one on my behalf.

If money wey I get no reach, I go borrow money from Lalasticlala give you.

Ehn oo
Iyen na da

Funmi ni 5 million naira cash in hard currency
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by xtervaganza(m): 12:34pm On May 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

That I used J8 does not mean I own it. Read my post again. I had made up my mind to buy it till I caught wind of W4.....that's what I said.

I clearly said in the OP that I had a bad experience using APlus.
I would not be caught with any tecno phone...
Boom J8 changed that mindset.
‎‎

To me it's not. I own three smartphones presently. The picture on the first page is evidence. If my Husband gets me the tab as promised....it will become 4.
I started dreaming of smartphones and cars that weren't existent before they came into being. My life, My choice.

Same way I joined those paid by PDP and Jonathan's crew to project his image and goodness online before I resigned. I totally agree with you.
smiley

haaaaaa ok then.......

I don't know you enough to confirm it.

Anyway, you're too intelligent to work for peanuts

I hope the pay is worth it grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Flashh: 12:40pm On May 07, 2016
Dyt:

Ehn oo
Iyen na da

Funmi ni 5 million naira cash in hard currency
Kilode? Óò bá sọ fún mi pe ọ̀fẹ́ fi mi bẹ̀rẹ̀ Ìṣe owó. Lol.

Because I asked you to give birth to one more, you had to demand for such amount? Lol

Btw, you never care to know if I understand your language before replying in Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ngage 2.0 And All Games Cracked. Instructions And Download Link. / All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) / A 1963 Newspaper Predicted What The Phone Of The Future Would Look Like (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.