Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,430 members, 7,800,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? (3688 Views)

I Am Slim With Big Boobs But Afraid I May Grow Fat Later (here Is A Pic Of Me) / Guys, How Does She Become Ugly After Break-up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by blueteeth: 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2009
Seriously, I didn't just make dis up.After marriage all dey do is grow fat n it's kinda irritating.Girls pls don't get angry,just post with ur church mind,
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by justwise(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
blueteeth:

Seriously, I didn't just make dis up.After marriage all dey do is grow fat n it's kinda irritating.Girls pls don't get angry,just post with ur church mind,

Is this a bad joke?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by blueteeth: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hell no,it happens
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by justwise(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2009
blueteeth:

Hell no,it happens

So how many married Nigerian women do u know?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by obimind(m): 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
When will I stop seeing stupid questions on this thread? If you need an answer,I'll advice u to ask your village elders.There'll definitely be in a good position to give you an answer. Guy,you have to grow up!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Godmother(f): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2009
obimind:

When will I stop seeing stupid questions on this thread? If you need an answer,I'll advice u to ask your village elders.There'll definitely be in a good position to give you an answer. Guy,you have to grow up!

In a way its true. Maybe its because these women once they get married, will now have so much to contend with: being a wife, mother,home-maker and sometimes even a career woman. Letting go of themselves is usually the easiest step for them to take. That's my take on the issue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by hevysomtin(m): 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
cos the mission is accomplished grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
True. It's not so easy for them to lose the weight grin . . . some don't even bother tongue. After eating five meats (red meat for that matter) and giving the kids my toenail size of meat, why won't they fat like there's no tomorrow? grin

Why are the guys complaining? When you throw words around like "more cushion for the pushin' (whatever that is) why won't they race to break scales or throw in more cushion for you to push? Rotflmao!!! grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Sauron1: 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2009
stillwater:

True. It's not so easy for them to lose the weight grin . . . some don't even bother tongue. After eating five meats (red meat for that matter) and giving the kids my toenail size of meat, why won't they fat like there's no tomorrow? grin

Why are the guys complaining? When you throw words around like "more cushion for the pushin' (whatever that is) why won't they race to break scales or throw in more cushion for you to push? Rotflmao!!! grin

Some men like thick madams. . . . . .ask Doyin13. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

Some men like thick madams. . . . . .ask Doyin13. grin

Doyin13 is razz. I didn't expect any less. As they say to each his own in this case triple cushion for the pushin'. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by tpiah2: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
because in Nigeria a married woman is expected to look "healthy" ie somewhat plump.

if you're married and skinny they'll abuse you and your husband and wonder if you're sick.

However, be that as it may, Nigeria needs more and affordable gyms.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Sauron1: 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2009
stillwater:

Doyin13 is razz. I didn't expect any less. As they say to each his own in this case triple cushion for the pushin'. grin

But seriously. . . . .Nigerian women should do better with what they consume and stuffs. . . .
The other problem is the way they dress after marriage. . . .some of them believe marriage is the last bus-stop and they ignore their dress sense.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2009
tpiah*:

because in Nigeria a married woman is expected to look "healthy" ie somewhat plump.

if you're married and skinny they'll abuse you and your husband and wonder if you're sick.

However, be that as it may, Nigeria needs more and affordable gyms.

I'll take all the abuse in this world than for me to look like shrek a few years into marriage. grin

~Sauron~:

But seriously. . . . .Nigerian women should do better with what they consume and stuffs. . . .
The other problem is the way they dress after marriage. . . .some of them believe marriage is the last bus-stop and they ignore their dress sense.

Maybe it's their husbands that dictate such dressing. I don't put anything pass Naija men. tongue
Nevertheless there's this culture that a married woman's supposed to dress in a certain way. I've heard some people say my mum dresses like a sisieko because she likes wearing heels. There is time for everything . It's not everything a married woman should be on gele or george.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by hotteju(f): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2009
@post

Definitely not all of them
My Elder sister is an example
after 4 kids she is still as trim and fit as a fiddle cool cool cool cool cool

Most women are usually very Lazy when it comes to exercising
But it would be a good thing if the men can also show good examples
Like hell why cant a Nigerian married man have 6 pacs must you guys always develop  pot bellies after marriage?
Even if the pacs is no up to six we can manage 3 grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2009
hotteju:

@post

Definitely not all of them
My Elder sister is an example
after 4 kids she is still as trim and fit as a fiddle cool cool cool cool cool

Most women are usually very Lazy when it comes to exercising
But it would be a good thing if the men can also show good examples
Like hell why cant a Nigerian married man have 6 pacs must you guys always develop  pot bellies after marriage?
Even if the pacs is no up to six we can manage 3 grin grin grin
LOL
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by AccoPen(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2009
It is simple. Too much sperm in the system after marriage.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Sauron1: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2009
stillwater:

Maybe it's their husbands that dictate such dressing. I don't put anything pass Naija men. tongue
Nevertheless there's this culture that a married woman's supposed to dress in a certain way. I've heard some people say my mum dresses like a sisieko because she likes wearing heels. There is time for everything . It's not everything a married woman should be on gele or george.

Such husbands should be crucified. . . . .The pride of any man is how gorgeous his wife looks. . . .

Naija women should realise the business of looking good must not stop in marriage(matter of fact that is when they need it the most).
There are desperate single women out there ready to hop in at any opportunity.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by SeanT21(f): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
Its very true but its not only Women. Most Men and Women let themselves go after marriage. They spend more time eating and less time jogging. Once the ring is on both fingers and the vows are said they start not caring for themselves physically.When the physical attraction is gone in a marriage then the marriage is a dead one.To be physically attracted to one another both partners need to be in good shape.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by oyinda3(f): 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2009
yea 'cause they usually let go of themselves.
I mean what's the point of keeping your single lifesyle looks when ur a full time housewife. lol what are you going to be wearing make up and mini skirt to feed ur baby and clean the house? lol

I guess the best way to avoid this is if the wife actually has a life outside of the home (fancy job, socialite etc). so then she has a reason to remain youthful. otherwise, it doesn't seem worth it at all.

same for the men actually.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by touchmeder: 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2009
Some ladies never get theirselves back after having babies. i mean i was looking at some pics on fb today the before and after of marriage its truly outstanding the changes of child birth.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by obimind(m): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2009
Sincerely speaking, this guy has some fears as regards getting married to a woman who after childbirth blows up.
But the truth is that when a woman is pregnant,she's placed on some special diet that would enhance her delivary.
At this period she unavoidably blows up.
Nairalanders,we all know that it's not easy for a nursing mother to leave her domestic chores for some jogging exercise.
What I'm saying in essence is, when a woman goes plumpy, it should not be attributed to laziness. It should rather be seen as one of those thing any woman should expect after series of childbirth.
These are my humble opinion.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Kunbee: 2:48am On Aug 13, 2009
Is it easy, ordinary babysitting one is exasperated and stuffing things down one's throat talkless of a wife/mother abeg after 3rd mainland bridge holdup 4 hours, I used 2 complain b4 but now I shut up

P.s marry a naturally skinny woman dat will shrink back d next day after labour and leave d plump ones alone
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by intan(f): 3:44am On Aug 13, 2009
We can give 1001 excuses to live a healthy lifestyle and vice versa. Be that hot mama your hubby and kids can really proud of!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Akinagirl(f): 3:58am On Aug 13, 2009
Is it only women that loose their shape after marriage?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by maedan(f): 4:36am On Aug 13, 2009
Lol at the person who said "mission accomplished" - and in a way that is so true. They've hooked the man, so sometimes it'll be like, "what's the point fixing my hair? What's the use wearing make-up or something nice/sexy? In fact, what's the use watching my weight?? I fitted into my wedding dress, and that should be the height of it grin!!! Alsooo, what if I'm a 38-inch waist?? He's certainly not going to notice. . . .!"

And so on and so forth. True, some men grow potbellies too, what with the over-feeding from their new wives, but it's more common for women to "let go" after marriage. What can I say? It's become a trend. Live with it grin.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by nex(m): 6:29am On Aug 13, 2009
Because when they get married, most husbands make their wives stay at home all day watching Africa Magic. How does that keep them fit. a lot of men are even afraid of letting their wives visit the gym, for fear that they may find some Tyson beckford-ish hombre there.

Another reason could be because they bear children. Naturally, fat is gained during pregnancy to cater for the baby's needs.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Desmond3: 7:55am On Aug 13, 2009
wink na nature, I beg take am easy because some people wil soon cal 4 ur head, because of ur wonderful observations.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2009
For me, if she grows bigger, all the better for me. More softness to hold. As long as she can move smart and isn't unhealthy, her backside can grow as much as it wants grin grin grin front side also.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2009
because after the wedding they think its all over. . .But. . .they don't realize it just begun!

Its also applicable to all those fat pot bellied married men. . . embarassed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by blueteeth: 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
I thought only women who lie about thier age while single explode after marraige.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by charles316: 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2009
hevysomtin:

cos the mission is accomplished grin
GUY,U WAN KILL ME WITH LAUGH.KAI,U WICKED.
wavemasta:

For me, if she grows bigger, all the better for me. More softness to hold. As long as she can move smart and isn't unhealthy, her backside can grow as much as it wants grin grin grin front side also.
NA WAH O
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? by tkb417(m): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2009
my wife shld better not go fat after marriage cos that will be calling for war

i guess, i have a part to play in making her stay for and trimmed. If she goes fat, then ive failed as a husband
it wont happen tho

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Got Married To A Witch! / Romance / 36 Questions That Will Make Anyone Fall In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.