Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities (24218 Views)

As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended / Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' / Bakassi Boys Regroup For Fulani Mafia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by eventsms(m): 2:53am On May 07, 2016
FOLLOWING the raging attacks of communities across the country by Fulani Herdsmen, Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has approved the deployment of the State’s Vigilant outfit, Bakassi Boys to all rural communities of the State.

The Governor also directed all monarchs in the State to nominate 10 youths to the Local Government Commissioner to join a planned intensive training of the Bakassi vigilante for onward deployment to the rural communities. He said that they would assist in community policing under the supervision of the police.

Okezie Ikpeazu
Ikpeazu also mandated the law enforcement agencies to search and screen all trucks and vehicles conveying live stocks, food items and persons into the state from any part of the country as well as search and screen markets and settlements where live stocks and dealers are to ensure security.

The State Government has also constituted Farmers/Herdsmen Conflict Resolution Committee in the 17 Local Government Areas of the state to be headed by the Local Government chairmen with Divisional Police Officers in the councils, NSCDC heads, the DSS Local Government Chiefs, Chairmen of Traditional Rulers Council and Heads of Hausa communities in the councils as members.

Governor Ikpeazu’s action was prompted by a clash between solders and butchers in Aba which led to the killing of two butchers and almost led to an ethnic clash between Hausa/Fulani and other tribes.

A statement personally issued by the Governor himself stated thus: “My dear brothers and sisters, I have been informed of the very unfortunate incident that happened in Aba, the commercial town of our dear state today, where a solider killed a meat-seller at the popular abattoir located at the Ogbohill area of Aba. I condemn the act that led to the untimely death of this brother.

I associate myself with his family in this moment of pains and loss, even as I commiserate with traders in the market. The solider who perpetrated this act has been arrested and taken into custody. “I call on the people of Abia, especially those of us in Aba, to remain claim. I reassure all citizens of the state that the government is doing everything to protect lives and property of citizens from any attack.

“I have instructed and equipped security agencies in the state to ensure watertight security around our boarders and towns against any form of attack.

“I have directed that the men of the Abia State Vigilante Services (AVS), popularly known as Bakassi, to commence, with immediate effect, a two week intensive training, for onward deployment to our communities to assist in community policing under the supervision of the Commissioner of Police.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/herdsmen-attack-abia-govt-revives-bakassi-boys-guard-rural-communities/

19 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:22am On May 07, 2016
From now on Buhari brothers will think twice before attacking any community in Abia state, other South East states should emulate governor Ikpeazu. Enough is enough.

167 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by chriskosherbal(m): 3:50am On May 07, 2016
Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Nobody: 3:57am On May 07, 2016
E-ssakabaarr.....

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by GINJALAND: 4:35am On May 07, 2016
benardnwaorgu:
E-ssakabaarr.....

Owendi, Isakabba!!!

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Burger01(m): 4:56am On May 07, 2016
That's good. This should be done nationwide with indigenous security. I don't trust the police smiley

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:02am On May 07, 2016
Nice One cool cool.

But I hope this new Bakassi group will not be used for our politicians personal vendetta cool cool cool

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Nobody: 5:19am On May 07, 2016
Chest Beaters grin The fulanis will get their grazing bill signed to law soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by JBismarck(m): 5:25am On May 07, 2016
Yesss
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Tallesty1(m): 5:34am On May 07, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
From now on Buhari brothers will think twice before attacking any community in Abia state, other South East states should emulate governor Ikpeazu. Enough is enough.
I really love this

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by rayblast(m): 5:53am On May 07, 2016
Dem don activate dis odieshi boyz again!!!!!!!!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Trunquejnr(m): 5:54am On May 07, 2016
irunooboo:
so unfortunate that your brain is not as sharp as your face

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Caleboha(m): 6:01am On May 07, 2016
The hausa fulani tribe has successfully, over the years imbibed a culture of violence. Elders and youths alike. Killing and intense aggression are acceptable traits that should be triggered at the slightest provocation. It is always Hausas fighting Yorubas, Hausas fighting Igbos, Hausa fight Beroms, Hausas fighting Eggon, Hausas fighting Tiv. Despite the beef between Igbos and yorubas, it hardly goes beyond exchange of harsh words, they are alot more tolerant. This is my honest observation

212 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Firefire(m): 6:03am On May 07, 2016
And Nigeria is now heading to fulfil the evil American prophesy, cry no thanks to the ineptitude and lack of good leadership skill of Buhary the bigoted ruler. embarassed

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by DaBullIT(m): 6:04am On May 07, 2016
Mobile phone warriors , rejoice !!! for you have been saved

History is always repeating itself, whenever isakaba starts their own tyranny don't Blame Buhari

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:07am On May 07, 2016
[s]
irunooboo:
[/s]

Are you intentionally a daft or just searching for an e-dick to masturbate on..

The grazing stuff tone has changed..
It's gonna be sited only in states that have donated sites and only 9 Northern states have mapped out sites for the stuff..

Stop embarrassing yourself out of ignorance. .

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by zuchyblink(m): 6:09am On May 07, 2016
DaBullIT:

History is always repeating itself, whenever isakaba starts their own tyranny don't Blame Buhari
chief hater,don't cry more than the berieved

33 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Firefire(m): 6:17am On May 07, 2016
DaBullIT:

We should learn to separate politics from sentiment. I blame Buhary for pushing Nigerians to self defense as they have now completely lost trust in the security agencies under his watch. Unfortunately, the repercussions of this type of development would be babaric.

Painful. embarassed

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Pheals(f): 6:20am On May 07, 2016
When I read that buhari as order IG. Arase and the chief of army staff to attack !! I knw it was a fat lie ...just to save him from been mute

The citizens of Nigeria knows that buhari animals called. The vampires fulanis were is brothers. Every states are now ready for them

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by DaBullIT(m): 6:26am On May 07, 2016
Firefire:

We should learn to separate politics from sentiment. I blame Buhary for pushing Nigerians to self defense as they have now completely lost trust in the security agencies under his watch. Unfortunately, the repercussions of this type of development would be babaric.

Painful. embarassed

He pushed Nigerians to self defense ?? Have you seen Arewa consultative Forum youths ( in the North) Arming up

or have you seen OPC arming up , jumping up and down ??

the 5 % people are the problems of Nigeria , they blow up electricity supply, crude supply e.t.c Let's face the reality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Nobody: 6:51am On May 07, 2016
irunooboo:
[s]Chest Beaters grin The fulanis will get their grazing bill signed to law soon.[/s]

Yoruba...SMH

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Nellybii: 6:57am On May 07, 2016
good
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by EzeNri(m): 7:12am On May 07, 2016
irunooboo:
Goodluck to them. The East will never cede an inch of her territory to a potential terrorist. Like our Governor rightly said yesterday on radio, Abia will never cede any land.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by mannycrown: 7:51am On May 07, 2016
Welcome development. Long overdue. "Police is your friend"; not yet a reality in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Nobody: 7:58am On May 07, 2016
where are d chestbeaters...that say it cannot happen in Aba, It cannot happen in Onitsha, Enugu e.t.c.

ibo and chestbeating chai gringringringringringrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by SonOfEl(m): 8:08am On May 07, 2016
Drchristian:
where are d chestbeaters...that say it cannot happen in Aba, It cannot happen in Onitsha, Enugu e.t.c.

Nwanyi a, Ina kogheri a kogheri....

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Nobody: 8:15am On May 07, 2016
irunooboo:

You think its only the east that's battling with this, check out these links:www.36ng.com.ng/2016/04/21/fulani-herdsmen-attack-oyo-farmers-in-multiple-communities/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjqwq3Ts8fMAhXM2BoKHVCFDC0QFggOMAE&usg=AFQjCNG8UTVu5Aj_0KTg_eAez4iEcr

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/201646-fulani-herdsmen-attacks-pushing-nigeria-precipice-mimiko.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj6gv2ntMfMAhWHfxoKHfK3BA8QFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNGtTxpgiVUug5qp9BPYo4Efj7Xdng

Or may be you like the attack because South east is involved. So since east is involved, it doesn't matter if its happening around your corner.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Godjone(m): 8:27am On May 07, 2016
Abia!

THANK YOU GOV. IKPEAZU FOR DROPPING DOWN A LEGACY FOR THE REST FULANI AFFECTED COMMUNITIES TO EMULATE.

I hereby employ Agatu, Nembe, Taraba, Nasarawa, Ondo, Edo, Plateau, and all the affected communities to begin a process of establishing security militia men that will push fulani out of their localities .

Fulanis are headless demons that must be wipe off the surface of earth

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Nobody: 8:50am On May 07, 2016
irunooboo:
as I saw ur comment I rushed to view ur pic but lol u dey like person wey escape down syndrome (imbe) lol no wonder ur brain no to correct. Nd I dey wait for ur mumu reply tongue

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Nobody: 8:54am On May 07, 2016
Yorubasgreat:
[s][/s]

Are you intentionally a daft or just searching for an e-dick to masturbate on..

The grazing stuff tone has changed..
It's gonna be sited in only in states that have donated sites and only 9 Northern states have mapped out sites for the stuff..

Stop embarrassing yourself out of ignorance. .
chai bros thanks a lot for talking sense into that daft girl. But bro trust me she is really daft nd won't understand even as u have explained this to her tick head covered with old weavon

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Abia Revives Bakassi Boys To Guard Rural Communities by Nobody: 8:57am On May 07, 2016
Drchristian:

where dis native doctor come out from?

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Obidients To Defend Themselves / Atiku Campaign Issues The #BuhariChallenge To President Buhari / Please Blame The Lagos Warlord, Amosun Has No Fault- Tunde Ajose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.