Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. (13354 Views)

Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, To Set Up Peugeot Assembly Plant In Kaduna / Peace Mass Transit Set Up A Vehicle Assembly Plant In Emene, Enugu / PHOTOS: Peace Mass Transit Establishes Car Assembly Plant In Emene Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by kutchs: 7:40am On May 07, 2016
May 7, 2016 0 430

CFAO Yamaha Motor Nigeria Limited is set for the grand open-ing of its motorcycle assembly plant and modern showroom located at the Amuwo Odofin Industrial Scheme in Lagos on the 13th of this month.

A statement by the company said the grand opening was coming after the successful testing and full activation of the Yamaha assembly line which has rolled out two models of Yamaha motorcycle Crux and Force X Royale. The Federal Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment, Mr. Okechukwu Enelamah and the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwumi Ambode have been invited to commission inaugurate the assembly plant and showroom, accompanied by the President of Yamaha Motor Corporation, Japan, Mr, Hiroyuki Yanagi, the Chairman of the management board, CFAO Group, Paris, France, Mr. Richard Bielle. The chairman of the company, Mr. Gbenga Oyebode and the Country Manager of CFAO Nigeria, Mr. Steve Faderin will also be in attendance.

The Motorcycle Assembly plant and international showroom are products of the CFAO Yamaha joint venture which was consummated early last year for the purpose of meeting local land and water transportation needs and supporting the government’s aquatic agriculture initiatives.

According to the Managing Director, Mr. Olivier Levigne, who is also the chief host, the assembly plant has the capacity for uninterrupted daily production with the target of 70,000 units by 2018, whilst the showroom showcases other Yamaha products such as Outboard Engines, Wave Runner (Personal Water Craft), All Terrain Vehicles (ATV), Generators and the Yamalube lubricants all of which are exclusively distributed in Nigeria by CFAO Yamaha Motor Nigeria Limited.

Adding to the information released, the Marketing Director who is also the Deputy Managing Director, Mr. Fujii Hisashi said “another section of the company which will be opened to the public for the first time is the Yamaha Technical Academy (YTA) to be used as a Nigerian training centre and technical support services unit as well as Yamaha Riding Academy (YRA) which will contribute to the safety of motorcycle riding on Nigerian roads.”

Another highlight of the event is the special display of Yamaha power bikes and Moto GP world champion machine, which the guests will find very interesting.

The joint venture is founded on the manufacturing and marketing expertise of Yamaha Motor Corporation, Japan and CFAO’s business experience and vast distribution network in Nigeria spanning over 113 years.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/07/cfao-yamaha-assembly-plant-set-for-grand-opening/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

4 Likes

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by kutchs: 7:43am On May 07, 2016
They said he was clueless yet his purposeful and goal oriented leadership keeps bearing fruits. See the supporters of APC and zombies scrambling to get job in this GEJ's initiative.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by DrLee(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2016
GOD bless Goodluck Jonathan smiley

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by Destined2win: 7:55am On May 07, 2016
I am impressed with GEJ. This present times even makes me more impressed than before

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by Tycike: 7:57am On May 07, 2016
Rubbish. How many people still buy motorcycle these day, when its been banned by almost all state govt. An electronic plant could have been better

7 Likes

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by DrLee(m): 8:04am On May 07, 2016
Tycike:
Rubbish. How many people still buy motorcycle these day, when its been banned by almost all state govt. An electronic plant could have been better

if we import, you complain. now we produce, you still complain.
change your ways o

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by kodded(m): 8:04am On May 07, 2016
watch as the likes of omenka passingshot demdem modath midoliaņ and egift will avoid this thread like ebola cheesy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by Tallesty1(m): 8:32am On May 07, 2016
Destined2win:
I am impressed with GEJ. This present times even makes me more impressed than before
He said that we will appreciate him when he leaves office.

I think he was a president and a prophet.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by aoshi: 1:19pm On May 07, 2016
GEJ legacy ba?
If it were a bad report it wouldn't be his legacy. I guess under his government everything was perfect.
This is the reason we will find it difficult being a great nation again, looking backwards when we ought to look forward.
I saw a thread of him remembering Yar'dua 6 yrs later and people started with praises yet again. Was he remembered 5, 4 or 3 years ago? Please, let's be focused and stop being sentimental.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by kutchs: 1:36pm On May 07, 2016
aoshi:
GEJ legacy ba?
If it were a bad report it wouldn't be his legacy. I guess under his government everything was perfect.
This is the reason we will find it difficult being a great nation again, looking backwards when we ought to look forward.
I saw a thread of him remembering Yar'dua 6 yrs later and people started with praises yet again. Was he remembered 5, 4 or 3 years ago? Please, let's be focused and stop being sentimental.
This thread was opened against the backdrop of then dismissal of GEJ as clueless by the APC vuvuzela. Listening to APC you may tink that GEJ did nothing in all the years he was there, you may be forced to think that GEJ was a complete waste with nothing good to his name.
We are living witnesses to the refusal of APC and Buhari to take responsibility for his failure instead pushing the blame to GEJ.
It's his legacy because his well thought out and well articulated automotive policy engineered this. I hope only Enelemah and A mode don't attribute this success to Buhari's body language.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by yomalex(m): 6:18am On May 08, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by bastien: 6:19am On May 08, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by FanYogo1(f): 6:20am On May 08, 2016
kutchs:

This thread was opened against the backdrop of then dismissal of GEJ as clueless by the APC vuvuzela. Listening to APC you may tink that GEJ did nothing in all the years he was there, you may be forced to think that GEJ was a complete waste with nothing good to his name.
We are living witnesses to the refusal of APC and Buhari to take responsibility for his failure instead pushing the blame to GEJ.
It's his legacy because his well thought out and well articulated automotive policy engineered this. I hope only Enelemah and A mode don't attribute this success to Buhari's body language.

GEJ was/is clueless.
If you're going to claim his good, then claim his bad. He was a corrupt clueless fisherman.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by Aremu01(m): 6:24am On May 08, 2016
This is good.... This is laudable
Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by rottennaija(m): 6:25am On May 08, 2016
kutchs:
They said he was clueless yet his purposeful and goal oriented leadership keeps bearing fruits. See the supporters of APC and zombies scrambling to get job in this GEJ's initiative.
In Lagos state? I didn't see any GEJ mentioned there!

5 Likes

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by MrRichy(m): 6:26am On May 08, 2016
we are tired of assembly plants.. we need manufacturing plants... sad btw who still buys bikes when most state govt has already banned its operations

1 Like

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by globatop: 6:36am On May 08, 2016
Wrong move in rigth direction
Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by VocalWalls: 6:36am On May 08, 2016
Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by MADrator: 6:38am On May 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

GEJ was/is clueless.
If you're going to claim his good, then claim his bad. He was a corrupt clueless fisherman.

GEJ:

Agricultural Transformation/policy
Automobile policy
Making of entrepreneurs with YouWiN, SureP, etc

Buhari:

Toothpick production
Masquerade policy
CBN jobs to croonies and police job to change chanting zombies

The difference is clear... Isn't it @Mynd44??
cheesy grin cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by sammyj: 6:41am On May 08, 2016
Thank you my brother. Assembly plant is a legacy the sentimental wailers will praise the clueless one for. It is well! !!
aoshi:
GEJ legacy ba?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by joedams: 6:41am On May 08, 2016
Even though the establishment of the plant has the imprint of the Lagos State government allover it, Wailers will still shout GEJ and zombies will shout PMB. Alas...I give up!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by MADrator: 6:42am On May 08, 2016
sammyj:
Thank you my brother. Assembly plant is a legacy the sentimental wailers will praise the clueless one for. It is well! !!

Better than toothpick production and masquerade policy you know... grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by chudionu58(f): 6:58am On May 08, 2016
joedams:
Even though the establishment of the plant has the imprint of the Lagos State government allover it, Wailers will still shout GEJ and zombies will shout PMB. Alas...I give up!
How does it have "Lagos state imprint all over it" ??

4 Likes

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by donwilly3: 7:05am On May 08, 2016
Tycike:

Did u see only motorcycle dere. Always try to see good things. At least dey will employ some Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by M4gunners: 7:05am On May 08, 2016
GEJ was the best thing that happened to this nation in the last 4 years. Quote me and disgrace yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by Nobody: 7:10am On May 08, 2016
Who rides okada wen 'keke maruwa' nd these small indian buses have taken over the roads. Hope thisd business won't fold quickly.
Congrats to the company nd wish other business r opening up.
Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by ChukwuIbrahim: 7:24am On May 08, 2016
very commendable initiative 4rm yahama coy.
to all d infectual buffonic apologist, go & die or go get a life!
ya hero was & is still a clueless fvck. cool
Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by olafum1(m): 7:29am On May 08, 2016
How many will they employ?
Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by Nobody: 7:31am On May 08, 2016
FanYogo1:

GEJ was/is clueless.
Buhari is/was walking around with a 1983 frozen brain. That is why he has not being able to get anything right. Except Maybe hunting his enemies which his is not even getting right

4 Likes

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by Nobody: 7:31am On May 08, 2016
Gej was not mentioned in the post na, why are they praising him?

1 Like

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by disloman(m): 7:45am On May 08, 2016
GEJ is working oooooo.It is like working on a seashore where the sea washes aways the footsteps.Wailers don't have shame.His legacy in agriculture didn't last a year.Is that a legacy?Na wa oooooooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gej's Legacy: CFAO Yamaha Assembly Plant Set For Grand Opening. by disloman(m): 7:46am On May 08, 2016
Destined2win:
Lolzzzzzzzz.I doubt if you know your left from your right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Left Handed People And Driving! / Ferrari Unveils Photos Of 488 Pista Ahead Of 2018 Geneva Motor Show / Your First Driving Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.