Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. (8640 Views)

22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / Lady And Her Father Recreate Throwback Photo Of 23 Years Ago / Broken Eye Socket And Knocked Teeth – Lady Shares Her Story Of Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by bily(m): 10:33am On May 25, 2016
jaybee3:

Just so you know, i was the one that gave her the rent money (I don't usually blow my own trumpet but i'd like you to see it from my own perspective) and my way of ensuring the money was used for the intended purpose is by delegating the responsibility of making the payment on my behalf to someone i can hold accountable.
It really doesn't matter now though as i've since been reliably told silvofitz advised the girl in question to forcefully demand the whole money from the boss which she was then advised to oblige by bystanders as the girl turned it into a shouting match.

The imapct of her action is as follows:
We have no way of knowing if the girl will use the donated money for the intended purpose,
She has severed ties from the job that gives her some sort of guaranteed income

Lessons learnt though so moving on

Hope you did not misunderstand me. I was referring to silvofitz that he has not made any monetary contribution, not you Sir. Even though you did not announce it, i suspected as much that you were the one that paid for the rent.

It is a pity things are going from looking positive to negative, but this current outcome was predictable.
putting the boss in charge had a high probability of creating problem such as this. Another individual would have been preferable but of course not silvofitz.

Thanks for helping out, I personally will put the blame on the boss. If I put myself in the girls shoes, I would also think the boss is trying to play hanky panky and has spent the money a good Samaritan entrusted to her care to use in paying my house rent. For the first house, excuse, 2nd house, excuse Haba! Money wey no be her own, some people sef, to release money na wahala for them. I dey vex for the boss sef!!! Na only she busy ni, if she knew she won't have the time to follow through, then she shouldn't have collected the money abeg

3 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by jaybee3(m): 12:33pm On May 25, 2016
bily:

Hope you did not misunderstand me. I was referring to silvofitz that he has not made any monetary contribution, not you Sir. Even though you did not announce it, i suspected as much that you were the one that paid for the rent.

It is a pity things are going from looking positive to negative, but this current outcome was predictable.
putting the boss in charge had a high probability of creating problem such as this. Another individual would have been preferable but of course not silvofitz.

Thanks for helping out, I personally will put the blame on the boss. If I put myself in the girls shoes, I would also think the boss is trying to play hanky panky and has spent the money a good Samaritan entrusted to her care to use in paying my house rent. For the first house, excuse, 2nd house, excuse Haba! Money wey no be her own, some people sef, to release money na wahala for them. I dey vex for the boss sef!!! Na only she busy ni, if she knew she won't have the time to follow through, then she shouldn't have collected the money abeg

It's unfair to put the blame on the boss considering she was doing her a favour and she must have had other things planned with respect to the impromptu arrangement engineered by silvofitz.

It's ridiculous to think the boss would have withheld the money as i made mention of trying to ensure there is some sort of accountability embedded in the whole process (A family member's shop is close to the boss's shop and i made sure i created the link before the money was transferred)

It's even more unrealistic to expect other people to behave like us as individuals when put in the same situation. You simply can't expect people to drop everything else they've got planned just because it suits you and all.

Fact of the matter is, she could have endured few more days as the homelessness no matter how desperate it may seem hasn't killed her up until that point so could they possibly have ulterior motives we aren't privy to?

Whatever the case may be though, i sincerely hope she is able to move forward with her life if indeed the story is true!!
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by bily(m): 1:33pm On May 25, 2016
jaybee3:

It's unfair to put the blame on the boss considering she was doing her a favour and she must have had other things planned with respect to the impromptu arrangement engineered by silvofitz.

It's ridiculous to think the boss would have withheld the money as i made mention of trying to ensure there is some sort of accountability embedded in the whole process (A family member's shop is close to the boss's shop and i made sure i created the link before the money was transferred)

It's even more unrealistic to expect other people to behave like us as individuals when put in the same situation. You simply can't expect people to drop everything else they've got planned just because it suits you and all.

Fact of the matter is, she could have endured few more days as the homelessness no matter how desperate it may seem hasn't killed her up until that point so could they possibly have ulterior motives we aren't privy to?

Whatever the case may be though, i sincerely hope she is able to move forward with her life if indeed the story is true!!

Naaa, you did her a favor, the boss took up a responsibility! If she was not up to it, she could have respectfully declined. We are talking ensuring accountability here and she's too busy to even go check out the house or meet with estate agent or even look for a house for her, in these type of cases, one needs to be available to ensure accountability, so perhaps, the boss was the wrong candidate from the get go ... I don't think it's unfair to blame the boss.

Anyways, I guess we all see things differently.

BTW, I do not support her action(confronting the boss) so whoever advised her to do that should chop Cain, it was very myopic and it's now casting shadows on her true intentions.

3 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 25, 2016
Anyone who wants to affect his generation must really have a large heart. There's no manner of insult I have not received since Tope's case came up.
It first started with the contact woman in Ibadan who was asked to verify Tope's case. Just because Tope was reluctant to see the woman, because they work in the same neighborhood, to avoid being tagged a destitute, the woman on sighting her began to say unprintable things about her, and her acclaimed "collaborators" who had recorded her voice to deceive Nigerians to make cheap money. The woman actually created a scene. Unknown to the woman, Tope had hidden her problem from everybody in her workplace, and had resolved to carry her cross silently, until we saw her and blew the alarm. The Ibadan contact woman even challenged me that I told Tope to stick to whatever lie I have told her to say if anybody asked her any question. She was openly disgraced. When she called me she was weeping profusely. I immediately called my wife to go see the woman. On getting there, my wife introduced herself, as a nurse in the University College Hospital, UCH, Ibadan,,and tendered her identity card. She then explained Tope's plight. And that Before recording her voice, that I warned Tope to say nothing but the truth, because the recorded video would be verified. That's what the Ibadan woman interpreted as instructing Tope to keep telling the lie we intended to use to defraud Nigerians. Before my wife came, the Ibadan contact woman had dismissed the Nairaland representative who had gone to her to verify Tope's claim. So, after listening to my wife, the Ibadan woman now had to call the Nairaland rep that the story was true.
Secondly, despite the fact that my wife showed them her ID card , and her unit, ward in UCH, the people still felt the whole thing could still be a scam.
Thirdly, now that the contact woman, and Tope's boss now knew she's a destitute, their perception about her changed. Before now Tope had carried herself with high esteem, dressed well, and never complained to anybody. So, the same Tope is even a destitute! They began to treat her with disdain. She regretted ever allowing her case being mentioned on Nairaland. She was better managing her case, risking her life, and sleeping in the cold. But her dignity, her self worth was intact. From the day she was openly embarrassed in her shop, she started missing some days at work.
Fourthly, when the rent was eventually sent, and she was told to look for an apartment, she never knew another bout of embarrassment was in the offing. I was really shocked last weekend after the failed attempt to see her boss, despite telling her I was coming from Lagos, and I told Tope to arrange with the woman against Sunday evening since I would be traveling back the following day. Tope called her in my presence, and you need to see how the woman shouted at her, and wondered why Tope would ask somebody to call her about the rent. That how much was the rent, and all that. And that Tope should come and pick her money the following day. I was shocked. I had only call the woman twice: first to book appointment with her to go see the agent with Tope, and second, to know if she was ready at the appointed time .
Sunday evening I traveled back to Lagos, and told Tope to feed me back on whatever happened. Tope called me on Monday morning that when she called the woman, it was the woman's child that picked the call, and the fellow started raining abuses on her. To them, how could such a rat, a destitute they now know, be calling their mother. The woman did not spare her when she was giving the phone, raining curses and abuses on the poor girl, and told her to come and pick the money.
On the sense of urgency that@ Jaybee3 mentioned, Sorry chief, you cannot take that from me. I'm trained to respond to emergencies, and urgently too. Coincidentally, I'm in the Accident and Emergency Unit in the Teaching Hospital. Life is fragile! When there's a situation, we respond quickly. Imagine, a patient has lost so much blood, and there's a willing blood donor. Why wouldn't one do everything possible to rescue the patient within the shortest time? I reiterate, the attitude of Tope's boss was lackadaisical! It wouldn't take a concerned fellow a whole week to go from Gate to Oje in Ibadan when the life of someone was on the line.
Tope was just unfortunate that the people who were to midwife her help were people who were very close to her. People who had thought she had the basic things of life, and respected her much, but now discovered she's just a destitute. People who had now seen her through and possibly wanted her to continue that way. If these Ibadan contacts have been neutral people, things wouldn't have turned this way.
Do I now regret blowing the alarm? Nay! Do I now regret calling people to help her? Nay! The lessons I have learnt in this scenario is worth the insults. But for @ Jaybee3 to say I have not contributed a dime to Tope's is far from the truth. I have many people like Tope around me, who take certain percentage of my income, and I don't have to announce on Nairaland. Last month, When a beast brutalized his wife in Ibadan, and I put it on Nairaland, Did I call Nairaland for hospital bill? Nay! When there was need for her to relocate to another town with her sibling, did I call Nairaland , for money to pack her load and pay rent for her and sibling? Nay! Since the day Tope was picked from the street, I personally appealed to my wife to let her move her things into our apartment. She obliged. She even told her to join her in the apartment, but Tope said she wouldn't want to disturb her. Tope comes into the house, play with the kids, and feel free. We are destiny helpers, in our own way. And we have many people like Tope receiving help from us. And we return the glory to God.
Now, that Tope doesn't work with the woman, has her world ended? Nay! God is the overall decider of man's fate. God holds our destinies. If God put a man's help in your hand, and you turn it down, God will raise a better help. Only God is indispensable. NO man can receive any help except God has decided to help such a man. LET ME CLARIFY HERE! I DID NOT TELL TOPE TO INSULT HER BOSS. I ONLY TOLD HER TO ARRANGE WITH HER SINCE I WOULDNT BE AVAILABLE.
I still wanna say, let's keep brightening the corner where we are. Let's keep putting smiles on people's faces. And let's keep doing our bit to help humanity. And in all, let's be clothe with humility. Kudos to you all. God bless you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 25, 2016
Latest Update:
Information reaching me from Ibadan has it that Tope has moved in to her apartment, and was able to get a mattress and a few household stuffs from the balance of house rent.
Secondly, on realizing that she now has accommodation, her husband has released her son to live with her. She now lives with her son in her apartment. She has also got a school for her son in the same environment.
Thirdly, she has a balance of over #40k from the #76k given to her, and she is already negotiating for a space near her house where she wanna start selling cooked indomie and fried eggs, and some scaries: fried yam, fried plantain, fried potatoes, etc.

I shall post picture update when I go to Ibadan, say next weekend.

We appreciate everyone who has helped one way or the other to put smiles on Tope's face.
God bless you all.

8 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by cococandy(f): 10:22pm On May 25, 2016
Eya .

Well thank god it ended well.

That her boss sef angry

2 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Onegai(f): 8:34am On May 26, 2016
Silvofitz:
Anyone who wants to affect his generation must really have a large heart. There's no manner of insult I have not received since Tope's case came up.
It first started with the contact woman in Ibadan who was asked to verify Tope's case. Just because Tope was reluctant to see the woman, because they work in the same neighborhood, to avoid being tagged a destitute, the woman on sighting her began to say unprintable things about her, and her acclaimed "collaborators" who had recorded her voice to deceive Nigerians to make cheap money. The woman actually created a scene. Unknown to the woman, Tope had hidden her problem from everybody in her workplace, and had resolved to carry her cross silently, until we saw her and blew the alarm. The Ibadan contact woman even challenged me that I told Tope to stick to whatever lie I have told her to say if anybody asked her any question. She was openly disgraced. When she called me she was weeping profusely. I immediately called my wife to go see the woman. On getting there, my wife introduced herself, as a nurse in the University College Hospital, UCH, Ibadan,,and tendered her identity card. She then explained Tope's plight. And that Before recording her voice, that I warned Tope to say nothing but the truth, because the recorded video would be verified. That's what the Ibadan woman interpreted as instructing Tope to keep telling the lie we intended to use to defraud Nigerians. Before my wife came, the Ibadan contact woman had dismissed the Nairaland representative who had gone to her to verify Tope's claim. So, after listening to my wife, the Ibadan woman now had to call the Nairaland rep that the story was true.
Secondly, despite the fact that my wife showed them her ID card , and her unit, ward in UCH, the people still felt the whole thing could still be a scam.
Thirdly, now that the contact woman, and Tope's boss now knew she's a destitute, their perception about her changed. Before now Tope had carried herself with high esteem, dressed well, and never complained to anybody. So, the same Tope is even a destitute! They began to treat her with disdain. She regretted ever allowing her case being mentioned on Nairaland. She was better managing her case, risking her life, and sleeping in the cold. But her dignity, her self worth was intact. From the day she was openly embarrassed in her shop, she started missing some days at work.
Fourthly, when the rent was eventually sent, and she was told to look for an apartment, she never knew another bout of embarrassment was in the offing. I was really shocked last weekend after the failed attempt to see her boss, despite telling her I was coming from Lagos, and I told Tope to arrange with the woman against Sunday evening since I would be traveling back the following day. Tope called her in my presence, and you need to see how the woman shouted at her, and wondered why Tope would ask somebody to call her about the rent. That how much was the rent, and all that. And that Tope should come and pick her money the following day. I was shocked. I had only call the woman twice: first to book appointment with her to go see the agent with Tope, and second, to know if she was ready at the appointed time .
Sunday evening I traveled back to Lagos, and told Tope to feed me back on whatever happened. Tope called me on Monday morning that when she called the woman, it was the woman's child that picked the call, and the fellow started raining abuses on her. To them, how could such a rat, a destitute they now know, be calling their mother. The woman did not spare her when she was giving the phone, raining curses and abuses on the poor girl, and told her to come and pick the money.
On the sense of urgency that@ Jaybee3 mentioned, Sorry chief, you cannot take that from me. I'm trained to respond to emergencies, and urgently too. Coincidentally, I'm in the Accident and Emergency Unit in the Teaching Hospital. Life is fragile! When there's a situation, we respond quickly. Imagine, a patient has lost so much blood, and there's a willing blood donor. Why wouldn't one do everything possible to rescue the patient within the shortest time? I reiterate, the attitude of Tope's boss was lackadaisical! It wouldn't take a concerned fellow a whole week to go from Gate to Oje in Ibadan when the life of someone was on the line.
Tope was just unfortunate that the people who were to midwife her help were people who were very close to her. People who had thought she had the basic things of life, and respected her much, but now discovered she's just a destitute. People who had now seen her through and possibly wanted her to continue that way. If these Ibadan contacts have been neutral people, things wouldn't have turned this way.
Do I now regret blowing the alarm? Nay! Do I now regret calling people to help her? Nay! The lessons I have learnt in this scenario is worth the insults. But for @ Jaybee3 to say I have not contributed a dime to Tope's is far from the truth. I have many people like Tope around me, who take certain percentage of my income, and I don't have to announce on Nairaland. Last month, When a beast brutalized his wife in Ibadan, and I put it on Nairaland, Did I call Nairaland for hospital bill? Nay! When there was need for her to relocate to another town with her sibling, did I call Nairaland , for money to pack her load and pay rent for her and sibling? Nay! Since the day Tope was picked from the street, I personally appealed to my wife to let her move her things into our apartment. She obliged. She even told her to join her in the apartment, but Tope said she wouldn't want to disturb her. Tope comes into the house, play with the kids, and feel free. We are destiny helpers, in our own way. And we have many people like Tope receiving help from us. And we return the glory to God.
Now, that Tope doesn't work with the woman, has her world ended? Nay! God is the overall decider of man's fate. God holds our destinies. If God put a man's help in your hand, and you turn it down, God will raise a better help. Only God is indispensable. NO man can receive any help except God has decided to help such a man. LET ME CLARIFY HERE! I DID NOT TELL TOPE TO INSULT HER BOSS. I ONLY TOLD HER TO ARRANGE WITH HER SINCE I WOULDNT BE AVAILABLE.
I still wanna say, let's keep brightening the corner where we are. Let's keep putting smiles on people's faces. And let's keep doing our bit to help humanity. And in all, let's be clothe with humility. Kudos to you all. God bless you.

You kind of made it seem like this young lady had absolutely no help at all. You said she was desperate, yet everything was resolved in 2 days once money came out. Kind of like there was already a plan on-ground that just needed money. She had you and your wife's support, had somewhere to place her goods and could come to your home freely (yet, amazingly decided to bathe at a public stream rather than use the bathroom at your place ). Hmmm lipsrsealed well I'm just thinking aloud.
All's well that ends well.

(I pity those in future who would truly be destitute and pathetic. I'm beginning to be cynical).

5 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 8:43am On May 26, 2016
To be honest, this whole story sits somehow with me, but I wont say any more

Congratulations and good luck to Tope
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 8:46am On May 26, 2016
Onegai:

You kind of made it seem like this young lady had absolutely no help at all. You said she was desperate, yet everything was resolved in 2 days once money came out. Kind of like there was already a plan on-ground that just needed money. She had you and your wife's support, had somewhere to place her goods and could come to your home freely (yet, amazingly decided to bathe at a public stream rather than use the bathroom at your place ). Hmmm lipsrsealed well I'm just thinking aloud.

(I pity those in future who would truly be destitute and pathetic. I'm beginning to be cynical).

You said what I was thinking onegai
2 days and the child has been returned & has been enrolled in school
That suggests that there was an agreement already in place with the child's father

This could also explain why the oga didnt feel the need to hurry up to visit any landlord because she knew that Tope wasn't as desperate as being portrayed here.

Am I angry?
Yes!
Why?
Because things like this block the way for other people with desperate needs

4 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by jaybee3(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2016
Onegai:

Wisdom will never leave you Insha Allah

There are some new info I deliberately decided to conceal so as not to dissuade others from helping when needed.

2 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Onegai(f): 9:15am On May 26, 2016
jaybee3:

There are some new info I deliberately decided to conceal so as not to dissuade others from helping when needed.

angry

Thank you though, for helping out. smiley

1 Like

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 9:39am On May 26, 2016
Onegai:

This is what happens when one approaches an issue with prejudice. At what point was Tope bathing at the public stream? That was just before we saw her. After we saw her, I personally told my wife to allow her use our apartment for her conveniences and all that. Tope declined. Tope never bathed in our apartment. Also, Tope's luggage was on the street before we discovered her. And we gave her space to keep it. Was there any part of the story after she was discovered that suggested her luggage was on the street? You mean you were surprised that Everything was resolved within two days? When did you begin to count your two days? Tope was discovered around May 5, and today is May 26. From like two weeks ago, Tope had been promised that some money would be raised, and that she should look for accommodation. She hit the street, and has got over 3 available single room apartments ready, and waiting for payment. Immediately she got the money, she made the payment and moved in. Is there anything wrong about that? Why did you make it sound like no effort had been made before the money was released to her 3days ago? What are you actually trying to say?
Also, from the first visit during verification, the Nairaland Rep told us on this forum That Tope said she would like to trade in indomie business. That means she had a business in mind. Now she has some little money to kick-start the business, and she's working towards it. What's wrong about that?
And saying I did not put it online that Tope was getting some support from my family, keeps me wondering. Am I supposed to say Tope eats in my house, gets some material, etc? Tope made it clear feeding was not her problem, and I said it online. All her needs are:accommodation , access to her son, and job. Did I state she needed anything outside these? So, why the fuse? Why the soliloquies? Why the thinking aloud? As I hear from Tope, so I put it online. I had never seen Tope in my life, until my wife pointed her to me at a canal where she was dressing up early in the morning.
If you have your money in Ibadan, you can get accommodation that you can afford, move in and settle down in few days. Things are that easy.
And I'm glad the Nairaland Rep also pointed it out during his verification visit that Tope gets #500 per day where she worked. Couldn't she have had little savings to make her settling down easier?
To the future destitute, the God who rules in the affairs of men, would certainly sort them out. Take no thought of tomorrow, for what shall they eat, for wherewithal shall they be clothed; His eyes are on the sparrows, and I know He watches them.

1 Like

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 9:46am On May 26, 2016
jaybee3:

If you knew some info, and you deliberately concealed them, you had inadvertently done some disservice, in a way. Like I told Tope from the onset that if we discovered any of her claims to be false, that I would put it online for the world to see. This is because I know the danger of allowing a total stranger to keep her belongings in my house, and even have access to my house. So, if you have known anything negative , and you had kept to yourself, you have not done well.

1 Like

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 10:43am On May 26, 2016
Silvofitz:

This is what happens when one approaches an issue with prejudice. At what point was Tope bathing at the public stream? That was just before we saw her. After we saw her, I personally told my wife to allow her use our apartment for her conveniences and all that. Tope declined. Tope never bathed in our apartment. Also, Tope's luggage was on the street before we discovered her. And we gave her space to keep it. Was there any part of the story after she was discovered that suggested her luggage was on the street? You mean you were surprised that Everything was resolved within two days? When did you begin to count your two days? Tope was discovered around May 5, and today is May 26. From like two weeks ago, Tope had been promised that some money would be raised, and that she should look for accommodation. She hit the street, and has got over 3 available single room apartments ready, and waiting for payment. Immediately she got the money, she made the payment and moved in. Is there anything wrong about that? Why did you make it sound like no effort had been made before the money was released to her 3days ago? What are you actually trying to say?
Also, from the first visit during verification, the Nairaland Rep told us on this forum That Tope said she would like to trade in indomie business. That means she had a business in mind. Now she has some little money to kick-start the business, and she's working towards it. What's wrong about that?
And saying I did not put it online that Tope was getting some support from my family, keeps me wondering. Am I supposed to say Tope eats in my house, gets some material, etc? Tope made it clear feeding was not her problem, and I said it online. All her needs are:accommodation , access to her son, and job. Did I state she needed anything outside these? So, why the fuse? Why the soliloquies? Why the thinking aloud? As I hear from Tope, so I put it online. I had never seen Tope in my life, until my wife pointed her to me at a canal where she was dressing up early in the morning.
If you have your money in Ibadan, you can get accommodation that you can afford, move in and settle down in few days. Things are that easy.
And I'm glad the Nairaland Rep also pointed it out during his verification visit that Tope gets #500 per day where she worked. Couldn't she have had little savings to make her settling down easier?
To the future destitute, the God who rules in the affairs of men, would certainly sort them out. Take no thought of tomorrow, for what shall they eat, for wherewithal shall they be clothed; His eyes are on the sparrows, and I know He watches them.

Sir please do not get all emotional and start quoting the Word.

You did wrong by not disclosing the whole situation from the onset. You know I told you much earlier and many people have said the same thing too

You withheld information….FACT!

Accept it or not your initial story was told in a way to pull on the emotional strings of people and it did, hence Kimoni and others were very concerned.

And Yes there is nothing wrong in telling the people you are requesting help from the whole story and your full involvement….it’s called TRANSPARENCY sir!
No one is asking you what you fed Tope or the amount you gave her, but you should have mentioned your level of involvement and help.

You also kept on saying that you were not on ground and had no time to run around, yet your wife is a nurse in UCH, so in actual fact she was on ground and could run around, but you got upset that people thousands of miles away were not doing enough.

I note you haven’t mentioned anything about how suddenly after 3 days of moving in, she has gone to get her son back and the little boy is enrolled in school.

It all leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Next time please say it as it is. Forget all that A&E and rapid response ish. We are not fools.

CC Ifyalways, Kimoni

2 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 10:51am On May 26, 2016
Silvofitz:

If you knew some info, and you deliberately concealed them, you had inadvertently done some disservice, in a way. Like I told Tope from the onset that if we discovered any of her claims to be false, that I would put it online for the world to see. This is because I know the danger of allowing a total stranger to keep her belongings in my house, and even have access to my house. So, if you have known anything negative , and you had kept to yourself, you have not done well.

Sir, did you tell anyone here that Tope's belongings are in your house?
Or did I miss that bit
If anyone ought to feel bad, its the people who have helped one way or another in their funds, time, support and commitment.

What about People like onegai who was trying to go down the legal route to get the little boy back, when infact it seems that the man had no intention of keeping the little boy but only wanted the boy to have a roof over his head first before handing him over to his mum.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Funjosh(m): 10:57am On May 26, 2016
Silvofitz:

Bros calm down case is settled let's move ahead.
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 26, 2016
tearoses:

Sir, did you tell anyone here that Tope's belongings are in your house?
Or did I miss that bit
If anyone ought to feel bad, its the people who have helped one way or another in their funds, time, support and commitment.

What about People like onegai who was trying to go down the legal route to get the little boy back, when infact it seems that the man had no intention of keeping the little boy but only wanted the boy to have a roof over his head first before handing him over to his mum.

It is well.
Though I did not put it on Nairaland that we allowed Tope to keep her belongings in my house, the truth is that rescue effort started immediately we saw her, and went to her husband house to verify her claim. And I did not at any point, during the subsequent updates, say that her belongings were still hanging outside. I did not even say it here that we also were talking to some lawyer friends who could help mediate in her child custody issue. Neither did I say that there were underground efforts to help her get some sales Rep job at Gbagi, though she declined to such jobs. My intention was that whichever one came first would suffice.
Also, Tope did not tell me that the husband was waiting for her to get accommodation before releasing the child. I have never met the husband. I don't even know him. We only respond to issue as things unfold. I saw her husband releasing the child as either divine intervention, or the husband being tired of looking over the son. But whichever way, it worked for Tope.
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by pickabeau1: 2:07pm On May 26, 2016
Im confused

This story has taken another dimension

What exactly is the issue?
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 26, 2016
tearoses:

Sir please do not get all emotional and start quoting the Word.

You did wrong by not disclosing the whole situation from the onset. You know I told you much earlier and many people have said the same thing too

You withheld information….FACT!

Accept it or not your initial story was told in a way to pull on the emotional strings of people and it did, hence Kimoni and others were very concerned.

And Yes there is nothing wrong in telling the people you are requesting help from the whole story and your full involvement….it’s called TRANSPARENCY sir!
No one is asking you what you fed Tope or the amount you gave her, but you should have mentioned your level of involvement and help.

You also kept on saying that you were not on ground and had no time to run around, yet your wife is a nurse in UCH, so in actual fact she was on ground and could run around, but you got upset that people thousands of miles away were not doing enough.

I note you haven’t mentioned anything about how suddenly after 3 days of moving in, she has gone to get her son back and the little boy is enrolled in school.

It all leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Next time please say it as it is. Forget all that A&E and rapid response ish. We are not fools.

CC Ifyalways, Kimoni
You actually make it look as if I see Tope everyday. Live with her, and all that. All I knew about Tope was all I divulged in the first story. I go to Ibadan every other weekend. There's nothing else I know that has not been shared on this forum. Or what other things should I have said, please?
I am amazed that people are surprised she moved in few days after receiving the money. The apartment has been ready a week or so before the money was released. I haven't even been able to reach Tope for details. It was my wife who told me she came to pick her belongings, and said she came with her son, and that she was moving to the apartment. But on Sunday, Tope said she had two options: a room for #800 per month, making #9,600 pa, and #19,200 for two years; and another self contain single room for #1,200 per month. And I advised her to pick the cheaper one so that she could get some household items like mattress, cooking utensils, etc from the balance.
Moreso, a crèche costs as low as #3k or #5k per session in that area of Ibadan. So, it's not strange that she got school easily for her son.
Please, what other things did I need to say? I still have the original video of the interview session, I still don't see anything I left out. If you know one, please tell me.
And lemme ask, if I was on ground to run around, what could I have done? Or what else could my wife have done? Look for the house? Nay! Tope had done that herself. Could she have gone to collect the money from the boss and pay the agent? Nay! We were never going to interfere with the money contributed for her. The original plan was for a Rep from Nairaland to arrange with Tope and her boss to pay for accommodation and ensure that Tope moved to the house. And this is to ensure that Tope did not divert the money for other use. So, how could my being on ground have changed that?
What could I have done differently?
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 26, 2016
pickabeau1:
Im confused

This story has taken another dimension

What exactly is the issue?

In fact, that's the question I'm asking here. What's the issue?
People should come out clean instead of all this. What's the issue?
I think people should read the original story again. Because I really don't know what all these fuss, accusations and counter-accusations are all about.
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Ruq: 3:09pm On May 26, 2016
Silvofitz:

In fact, that's the question I'm asking here. What's the issue?
People should come out clean instead of all this. What's the issue?
I think people should read the original story again. Because I really don't know what all these fuss, accusations and counter-accusations are all about.

Oga just let it die they were right, reading your first post I thought that it was very urgent as it was painted, it seemed that was your first meeting with Tope. Not until you explained that you have tried helping her in your little way. That just made the whole ish seem like a sympathy seeking show.

Plus your wife being in UCH IB and you didn't think it was necessary for her to spearhead the arrangements in her spare time is puzzling.

Just kill it, you've been very helpful, may the universe reward you.

1 Like

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 26, 2016
Ruq:

Oga just let it die they were right, reading your first post I thought that it was very urgent as it was painted, it seemed that was your first meeting with Tope. Not until you explained that you have tried helping her in your little way. That just made the whole ish seem like a sympathy seeking show.

Plus your wife being in UCH IB and you didn't think it was necessary for her to spearhead the arrangements in her spare time is puzzling.

Just kill it, you've been very helpful, may the universe reward you.

You possibly didn't get the full story then. Take note of these facts:
1. I had never seen Tope all my life, until that morning my wife called my attention to her washing at the canal, And told me she used to keep her belongings somewhere around the canal. Then, I called her and interviewed her, and post her story exactly the way she told me.
2. My wife was not in the best position to spearhead any arrangements. Remember when I posted the story, there were insinuations that it could be a scam. So, there was the need for a neutral person to be involved. When it was necessary for my wife to act, she didn't fail. It was her presence that made the Ibadan contact woman to believe Tope's story in the first place.
3. There was really nothing to spearhead in this matter. Nairaland discussants suggested an Ibadan based Nairalander should make arrangement to verify the story, and if true; spearhead the arrangement to enquire for the cost of a modest single room apartment, pay for the apartment, and ensure the money was used for the purpose of accommodation, and now see if money could be raised for a modest business for her. My wife went out, and found out with #18k, a modest accommodation could be secured. Money was sent. Tope herself got available accommodation, what else could anyone have done? What's left to spearhead again?
4. The person that sent the money equally suggested Tope's boss should make sure she handed over the money to the rent agent. How else could I or my wife spearhead that?
5. The interview day was the first time I had seen Tope. And it was the evening of that day,after we had gone to verify her story, and met the son, that we allowed her to move her belongings into the house.
6. The word urgent is relative. What's urgent to A might not be to B. That's individual difference!

1 Like

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Ruq: 4:06pm On May 26, 2016
Silvofitz:

You possibly didn't get the full story then. Take note of these facts:
1. I had never seen Tope all my life, until that morning my wife called my attention to her washing at the canal, And told me she used to keep her belongings somewhere around the canal. Then, I called her and interviewed her, and post her story exactly the way she told me.
2. My wife was not in the best position to spearhead any arrangements. Remember when I posted the story, there were insinuations that it could be a scam. So, there was the need for a neutral person to be involved. When it was necessary for my wife to act, she didn't fail. It was her presence that made the Ibadan contact woman to believe Tope's story in the first place.
3. There was really nothing to spearhead in this matter. Nairaland discussants suggested an Ibadan based Nairalander should make arrangement to verify the story, and if true; spearhead the arrangement to enquire for the cost of a modest single room apartment, pay for the apartment, and ensure the money was used for the purpose of accommodation, and now see if money could be raised for a modest business for her. My wife went out, and found out with #18k, a modest accommodation could be secured. Money was sent. Tope herself got available accommodation, what else could anyone have done? What's left to spearhead again?
4. The person that sent the money equally suggested Tope's boss should make sure she handed over the money to the rent agent. How else could I or my wife spearhead that?
5. The interview day was the first time I had seen Tope. And it was the evening of that day,after we had gone to verify her story, and met the son, that we allowed her to move her belongings into the house.
6. The word urgent is relative. What's urgent to A might not be to B. That's individual difference!

Oh now I get, but then you ought to have included all that in your earlier updates, when you revealed that you offered to help her and she declined, it seemed like an offer you gave her before coming post online, and the impression about those concerned is that she was at the time sleeping in the church/canal with her luggage. No one knew you had offered to help her keep her stuff when you revealed that. That was why it appeared like you had already helped her with some stuff only to come an rehearse the original state you met her in to get sympathy.

All in all thanks for helping a soul.

4 Likes

Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by ifyalways(f): 12:59am On May 27, 2016
@OP, can you now please remove the pictures from the thread? Thank you.
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 5:43am On May 27, 2016
Ok, I will remove the pictures.
I didn't know that is the practice.
Thanks.
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by Nobody: 6:48am On May 27, 2016
ifyalways:
@OP, can you now please remove the pictures from the thread? Thank you.
Ok, I have removed them.
It did not even occur to me to remove them.
You could remove the picture of her son you re-posted too.
Re: SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. by ifyalways(f): 7:41am On May 27, 2016
Silvofitz:

Ok, I have removed them.
It did not even occur to me to remove them.
You could remove the picture of her son you re-posted too.
Done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How My Daughter Died Last Week. / My Friend's Wife Is Loyal To Her Mother And Ignores Her Husband / UK Court Allows Nigerian Couple To Keep Stolen Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.