Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers (25169 Views)

Benue APC Leaders Search For New Party Over Threat For Hosting Mass Burial / Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People / Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by koboko69: 8:24pm On May 07, 2016
jpphilips:

Do you have any idea how Ayiri makes his money?
let me give you a heads up, he makes his money from lucrative Chevron contracts, guess what, this current wave of attacks, Chevron is the hardest hit, very soon his philanthropy will be extinguished.
How about militants who recieved $22m for 6yrs? what have they done for the creeks?
You guys have a long way to go.

Leave thar clown . imagine what he said are benefits of blowing up pipelines. Fuel at 85 naira as against 86.5 and boat taking kids to school cheesy
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by WeNigerDelta: 8:29pm On May 07, 2016
koboko69:

Leave thar clown . imagine what he said are benefits of blowing up pipelines. Fuel at 85 naira as against 86.5 and boat taking kids to school cheesy

We know it's nothing. But the oil coys haven't done it for our people for over 50yrs neither has the govt. So heck yeah I am happy about that...Our people in the riverine areas deserve the best education their oil can provide....Also you failed to see that he provides jobs as well, or na only him dey do d contract works? So more help
Jjphilips, a restructured Nigeria will mean that we won't have to depend on philanthropic work. We should control our own destiny not jump up and be happy Ayiri is getting how much contract. When everyone else is ploughing our resources and doing nothing for us....You are saying we should be happy with crumbs....I believe we deserve better and until we fight for it we will continue to be handed crumbs...
Yes there is nothing in the creeks and it is why they should shut down everything
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by IRAPADA(m): 8:32pm On May 07, 2016
so u think attack on pipelines is attack on buhari,u beta get ur head examine.buhari and his children will not lack anything till he died is u and I that will suffer
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by alheriTOJ(f): 8:34pm On May 07, 2016
Pedropa:

Madam preacher, do u really care for them or u are after the fall of oil money and light awaiting u ? How many times u don try speak against oil spillage abi u don't know about that.

Yoruba parasite

Lol, aww, did someone take away your sweet? I am not yoruba, you don't know me at to make such conclusions. I work with an NGO, and do several volunteer works, and yes, preaching the gospel of our ecology is one of them. I don't care for the oil, am I being affected by the light situation, YES! it's affecting everyone. Incase you missed my point, then I reiterate it again, these bombings have already affected ecology, animals are usually the first, humans will be next, if in several years to come people in those regions begin to birth what science cannot explain, it'll be a massive problem for us all. Kindly run along now ehn.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by WeNigerDelta: 8:34pm On May 07, 2016
IRAPADA:
so u think attack on pipelines is attack on buhari,u beta get ur head examine.buhari and his children will not lack anything till he died is u and I that will suffer

It's an attack on the Nigerian economy and state that has been built on the injustice done to my region...No one cares for Buhari, we have been suffering for more than 50yrs now

4 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by allthingsgood: 8:37pm On May 07, 2016
Bassee:

Keep asking what technology is while the militants keep depleting the amount of money Buhari can have access to

U just love blabbing.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by rexzqcom(m): 9:17pm On May 07, 2016
ogmask:

In theory yes. But the drivers of the project are same pple looting our common patrimony today. Taking charge of all your resources does not guarantee uprightness. Even with the paltry 13% coupled with IGR, we should see visible development by now. Our pro Lem as a pple is our attitude and not the system of govt persay. Decentralisation will not stop a rougue civil servant from plying his trade. It will not stop a politician from stealing or a policeman from collecting bribe. Decentralisation cannot reduce the greed and selfishness of the local govt chair. I do not see it killing mutual suspicion either. The Abia man will still see the anambra man as non indegene. It will not stop the ijaw man from beefing the itsekiri man and vise versa.
Our problem is both leadership and followership. What we need is change of attitude, value system and mutual respect.

Even if all you enumerated are true, it pale in magnitude compare to current system where all are in one basket. There will be no gazillion for dishonest and corrupt leaders to take huge slices of the cake. There will be more units of smaller cakes to guard. Putting all cakes in one basket is a no brainer. Let each group grow their cakes and manage them with overarching federal regulations and supervisions. 56 years of doing the same thing with failures is enough to try alternative.
Especially when that alternative was what our pioneers and colonial designed at independence due to the diversity of the country.

1 Like

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 07, 2016
scholes0:
Please, evacuate every multinational from their land.
Close down the oil companies, let every part of Naija go back to Agriculture and solid minerals, let us see who will beg.
capital NO...Espouse true federalism and let Niger deltans manage their oil and pay taxes to the FG...let regionalism take its course..We can't continue this madness in this country...These issues will always arise until states are empowered to manage their own resources. ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by AroOkigbo(m): 10:10pm On May 07, 2016
Siddeek:
I wish pmb will allow them to bomb the entire niger delta and lets see who will suffer most.
Nigeria will suffer most- from where cometh foreign exchange?
Those militants will can pump and sell untreated crude- remember they have access into the high seas where oyibos are always waiting to buy illegal (but cheap) crude oil.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by koboko69: 10:41pm On May 07, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

We know it's nothing. But the oil coys haven't done it for our people for over 50yrs neither has the govt. So heck yeah I am happy about that...Our people in the riverine areas deserve the best education their oil can provide....Also you failed to see that he provides jobs as well, or na only him dey do d contract works? So more help
Jjphilips, a restructured Nigeria will mean that we won't have to depend on philanthropic work. We should control our own destiny not jump up and be happy Ayiri is getting how much contract. When everyone else is ploughing our resources and doing nothing for us....You are saying we should be happy with crumbs....I believe we deserve better and until we fight for it we will continue to be handed crumbs...
Yes there is nothing in the creeks and it is why they should shut down everything

This is the billionaire u sighted as example. A poor man like u is advocating bombing of pipe lines. I just pity u.....

I am sure u have an excuse or something tho say about this. Its unfortunate how so called literates delude and fool themselves!

What sayest thou to this
Niger Delta activist, Chief Ayimi Emami has urged the Federal Government not to bow to “cheap blackmail” antics of a former militant leader who is allegedly behind Thursday a d Friday morning attacks on strategic oil facilities and pipelines in Warri area of Delta state.
Emami’s advice cane against the backdrop of renewed attack on oil and gas platforms of Chevron Nigeria limited by the militant group, Niger Delta Avengers.
He said, “Those who have issues bothering on criminal activities and illegalities should go to the court to answer did their deeds and clear their names rather than resorting to cheap blackmail to arm-twist the Federal Government and the EFCC to drop the charges against them.
“One man cannot hold the FG to ransome; he cannot hold the nation by forming a parallel government within the Nigerian state.”
Although Chief Emami did not specifically mentioned former MEND leader, Government Ekpemupolo (aka Tompolo) it was clear that he was alluding to the warlord, who is wanted by the EFCC over his dealings with NIMASA during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
Tompolo had surreptitiously denied link with NDA in advertorials and media statements, Emami said he was not impressed by the gimmick
He said, “It has now become a pattern for this wanted man to preempt the attacks by placing advertorial denouncing the group and after which the group would strike again.
“This is a clear and plain childish prank; disown the group three days before they strike and they would attack, blow up oil facilities and give a farcical reason for the attacks.
“The last time he said some APC members are behind the attacks, how did the ‘leader’ of the PDP become so abreast of the workings of these so-called disgruntled APC members? Who does he thinks he is fooling? What intelligence does he have to know who and when the attacks will come?” Emami queried.
Speaking further, the Itsekiri traditional titleholder claimed that the recent attacks are part of a move to force President Muhammadu Buhari to soft-pedal on investigations of large scale fraud and theft of public fund during the last administration.
“They want to make Nigerians and Mr President to believe that only this wanted criminal can safeguard oil facilities in the region in order to pave the way for another bazaar in the name of pipeline/facilities surveillance.
“But we want to urge Mr President to be steadfast and not give in to the antics of criminals because those who are genuinely committed to the development of the Niger Delta are behind him.”
To this end, Ayiri expressed his determination and those of other Niger Deltan leaders to support the government to unravel the whereabouts of the masterminds, their sponsors and backer.

http://thenationonlineng.net/pipelines-attack-dont-succumb-to-blackmail-activist-tells-fg/

https://www.today.ng/news/national/117830/pipelines-attack-succumb-blackmail-ayiri

1 Like

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by WeNigerDelta: 11:00pm On May 07, 2016
koboko69:

This is the billionaire u sighted as example. A poor man like u is advocating bombing of pipe lines. I just pity u.....

I am sure u have an excuse or something tho say about this. Its unfortunate how so called literates delude and fool themselves!

What sayest thou to this

http://thenationonlineng.net/pipelines-attack-dont-succumb-to-blackmail-activist-tells-fg/

https://www.today.ng/news/national/117830/pipelines-attack-succumb-blackmail-ayiri

Na Ayiri V Tompolo u wan turn this to? They have had their quarrel since last regime, it even almost degenerated to fist fight, it is not a new thing. They will always point fingers at each other.... It's all about who will be top dog in the creeks this regime....Security contract...
You asked how pple that have earned from amnesty have helped and I pointed Ayiri. Totally different context...
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Flav(m): 11:06pm On May 07, 2016
Pls @WeNigerDelta, respond to what Ayiri said in the last post. Part of the 56yrs you are referring to. Your uncle was at the helm of affairs for 6 years. What did he do about it. You guys are just daft. Please ask your leaders what they have been doing with your 13% derivation for the greater part of the 56yrs.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by koboko69: 11:08pm On May 07, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Na Ayiri V Tompolo u wan turn this to? They have had their quarrel since last regime, it even almost degenerated to fist fight, it is not a new thing. They will always point fingers at each other.... It's all about who will be top dog in the creeks this regime....Security contract...
You asked how pple that have earned from amnesty have helped and I pointed Ayiri. Totally different context...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I thought i was engaging someone abit smart. I can see i was wrong.....this is folly of the highest rankings
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by WeNigerDelta: 11:11pm On May 07, 2016
koboko69:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I thought i was engaging someone abit smart. I can see i was wrong.....this is folly of the highest rankings

Now I know you know nothing about whats really happens in the region...Before during and after EPZ ground breaking, Ayiri and Tompolo have been at loggerheads, it almost lead to renewed hostilities between both tribes....This is fact...
Goodluck came for the groundbreaking after intense peace talks. This was a couple of weeks to election, immediately after election my brother decamped....
They have been at each other's throat since then......Check your facts
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by WeNigerDelta: 11:30pm On May 07, 2016
Flav:
Pls @WeNigerDelta, respond to what Ayiri said in the last post. Part of the 56yrs you are referring to. Your uncle was at the helm of affairs for 6 years. What did he do about it. You guys are just daft. Please ask your leaders what they have been doing with your 13% derivation for the greater part of the 56yrs.

I have never and will never absorb Uncle Jonah of any blame...He screwed us and set us back 20years....
But please when you talk about this my Uncle was in power, my Uncles have never and will never control the National Assembly. Those that have controlled it have refused to restructed a constitution handed down by the military...And you will still want to blame it on the actions of someone in the 60s...
How about 16yrs of democracy, have you bothered to restructure shit?
What have your people done with the 87%...We should be the ones asking that question...What have consecutive governments done with 87% no roads, power, gas, insecurity....

1 Like

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Ugosample(m): 12:14am On May 08, 2016
oduastates:
Buhari should Just shutdown the entire industry and completely write off oil as a source of revenues.
Ambode and all SW governors should ban okada,street trading and shutdown all non tax-paying business.
Only this attitude will move the country forward.
Too many people are engaged in unproductive activities and I consider oil as an unproductive activity because the only thing it does is to distort the economy.
A few are feeding fat while rest suffers.it has bred complacency and a lack of initiative.
Leaders who keep running after foreign investment while there are local youth already showing the initiatives.
Make it difficult so as to make people to start returning to their farm and rural areas.
No benefit of that industry to anybody.
Send the military over to the Creek for Sambisa training.
They now have a live fire range to practice before deployment to sambisa.
No decent Niger-deltan (emphasis on decent)that I know can tolerate these criminals.
Why?
because they more than anyone,are the major victims of the criminals masquerading militants and leaders.

For the first time I agree with you
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Ugosample(m): 12:17am On May 08, 2016
oduastates:

yep.
Just to show how useless the country is.
People do not pay taxes.
Most do not pay utility bills
Nigeria does not make anything significant for export even though, she has everything to make it happen
( kaduna state has only 540, 000 people paying for electricity in spite of a 8 million population claim).
This is replicated through out the country.

Very true
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Ugosample(m): 12:21am On May 08, 2016
scholes0:
Please, evacuate every multinational from their land.
Close down the oil companies, let every part of Naija go back to Agriculture and solid minerals, let us see who will beg.

Oga nobody will beg.

All regions in this countty is blessed with abundant potentials. Exploiting them will even pay each regionord than the present arrangement
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Ugosample(m): 12:32am On May 08, 2016
WeNigerDelta:
To those saying the militants are further degrading our environment...Over 10,000 oil spills has happened in the Niger Delta, how many was cause by militants? And those profiting from it have they bothered to clean up jack?
To those asking what our governors have done with 13%, we know they are thieves and don't hide it. What have y'all done with our 87% you share to yourselves...We have been to places like Texas and seen what have been done with less than what we have.
To those saying the regular Niger Deltan don't support this. The attacks have taken place so far in Warri Southwest, have you heard anything from the Olu of Warri or Pere of Gbaramatu?
Have you been to our villages and creeks to even see the rot of the place that has fed y'all for decades now. You ingrates....As long as your brothers get cushy offshore jobs and are flown in with choppers you could care less...
To those saying they should shut oil production down and find other means of revenue...Please God in heaven should make that happen, that's our prayers. We will wait for our allocation and give y'all 13% since you think that's good enough...
We have fed the nation for long enough, give us full resource control. It is our God given right...

But you know in addition to 13% the SS still gets revenue from the remaining 87%.; making the Niger Delta the region that collects the highest allocation in the country.

Just letting you know.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by isnovic(m): 2:01am On May 08, 2016
There are always to sides to a coin:

Think of it this way

The strike will cause a force majeure for most companies.

This in turn will increase the oil prices for real and serious countries who had done all equitably possible to appease her people.

Start production of Gas and any sort of crude oil from the seven basins in Nigeria, if Niger-Delta is down, increase production from other basin to augment the shortfall

Calabar Basin
Chad Basin
Niger Basin
Benue Trough
Niger Delta Basin
Dahomey Basin
Sokoto-Bornu basin

These basins are all rich in Gas and 3 are prolific in Oil.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by paroski: 2:51am On May 08, 2016
Khd95:
These avengers are bitting more than they can chewsad

make them go learn frm dem tompolo,asari,govt etc.
and what happened to tompolo and asari government if I may ask?
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by senior123: 4:06am On May 08, 2016
cant niger deltans tell their govs to invest in building state refunaries n oil companies that will br for the people. this is d only way u will truly control ur resources. u must control production
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by ogmask: 7:18am On May 08, 2016
rexzqcom:

Even if all you enumerated are true, it pale in magnitude compare to current system where all are in one basket. There will be no gazillion for dishonest and corrupt leaders to take huge slices of the cake. There will be more units of smaller cakes to guard. Putting all cakes in one basket is a no brainer. Let each group grow their cakes and manage them with overarching federal regulations and supervisions. 56 years of doing the same thing with failures is enough to try alternative.
Especially when that alternative was what our pioneers and colonial designed at independence due to the diversity of the country.

Your point is valid. I agree with you to the extent that we have done this for ages and its not working. Honestly this system of govt, which is peculiar to Nigeria alone, serve just a few powerful pple. You have a point bro.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by Fyno: 10:17am On May 08, 2016
TheArchangel:
Seems the militants are using what they learnt from the amnesty program to hit Nigeria hard. They were all sent abroad to be educated, refined and to be of use to the society, and this happens to be the result.
Militancy is coming back to bite Nigeria in the butt with its refined and well trained ivy league soldiers sponsored by Nigerian amnesty program. This is no longer the era of gun wielding and noise making/ chanting, rather .........imagine their precision and timing and they were able to carry out their threat on a timeline.

Something is going on and I wish not to be involved in the crossfire.
it's the holy spirit that revealed this to you
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by rexzqcom(m): 10:21am On May 08, 2016
ogmask:

Your point is valid. I agree with you to the extent that we have done this for ages and its not working. Honestly this system of govt, which is peculiar to Nigeria alone, serve just a few powerful pple. You have a point bro.

Good you see what mean. Before and after independence we had real diversified federalism. Designed by colonial master in collaboration with our pioneer leaders. Taking the vastness of our resources and diversity of our people into considerations.
But the military dictator in 1966 created this useless unitary system with fiat decree promulgation. To give themselves absolutel power. Prior to that point in 1966,
All regions controlled all their resources and paid taxes and royalties to federal government. Western region substained themselves mostly with cash crops like cocoa, rubber, timber and farmings. Eastern region also had rubber, palm produces, minerals like coal in Enugu and udi hill, etc and farmings. Northern region had their groundnut pyramids, cattles raring, other farms produce and Tin ore deposit in jos.
Later when Mid-West region was created in 1963
they had palm oil, timber AT&P(AfricaTimber&plywood),
Latex rubber, some cocoa, fishing, canoes/boats building, and a little fossel oil that was strucked in 1956 in Oliberi in the then delta province of Mid-West now Bayelsa.Other minerals, and general farmings All regions were doing well paying taxes to substain the central government.
No regions were dependending on others. Only federal government was depending on the regions.
The stupid thieving military idiots came turned everything around. Developed the national cake concept and made themselves the guidance of the cake. Turned the States to be dependending (beggars) from federal government. Is absorb. Must go back to the original design for this country to survive, thrive and grow.

1 Like

Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by ogmask: 11:55am On May 08, 2016
rexzqcom:

Good you see what mean. Before and after independence we had real diversified federalism. Designed by colonial master in collaboration with our pioneer leaders. Taking the vastness of our resources and diversity of our people into considerations.
But the military dictator in 1966 created this useless unitary system with fiat decree promulgation. To give themselves absolutel power. Prior to that point in 1966,
All regions controlled all their resources and paid taxes and royalties to federal government. Western region substained themselves mostly with cash crops like cocoa, rubber, timber and farmings. Eastern region also had rubber, palm produces, minerals like coal in Enugu and udi hill, etc and farmings. Northern region had their groundnut pyramids, cattles raring, other farms produce and Tin ore deposit in jos.
Later when Mid-West region was created in 1963
they had palm oil, timber AT&P(AfricaTimber&plywood),
Latex rubber, some cocoa, fishing, canoes/boats building, and a little fossel oil that was strucked in 1956 in Oliberi in the then delta province of Mid-West now Bayelsa.Other minerals, and general farmings All regions were doing well paying taxes to substain the central government.
No regions were dependending on others. Only federal government was depending on the regions.
The stupid thieving military idiots came turned everything around. Developed the national cake concept and made themselves the guidance of the cake. Turned the States to be dependending (beggars) from federal government. Is absorb. Must go back to the original design for this country to survive, thrive and grow.

I greed to decentralisation.
Re: Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers by SenatorJames(m): 3:19pm On May 16, 2016
May God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi Welcomes Thousands Of PDP Members To APC In Eleme, Rivers / Names Of Politicians Sponsored By Yahoo Boys: EFCC To Publish List / FG Launches Open Treasury Portal (OTP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.