Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,173 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE (8568 Views)

Into The Badlands Official Fan Thread / The Last Ship TV Series Official Thread / History’s ‘SIX’: Official Fan Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 12:31pm On May 07, 2016
Lol I'm soo getting addicted to this new tv series. I almost can't wait for tuesdays. If you're are already watching this series, come in here lets talk about the characters, scenes and the rest. If you are not, you're still welcomed to start watching.

It's a new tv series that follows an epidemic that breaks out in Atlanta, leaving the large city quarantined and those stuck on the inside fighting for their lives. The drama tells the story of loved ones torn apart, and how the society that grows inside the cordon reveals both the devolution of humanity and the birth of unlikely heroes.

It's still on season 1 with just three episodes so you can meet up.. Hurry, download before next tuesday's episode, Yaaaaaayy!!! cheesy

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 1:31pm On May 07, 2016
I'll give yall a rundown of what's been happening so far cheesy
Exercepts :

SEASON ONE EPISODE ONE
Features a doctor (Dr. Sanders) who was infected and was already down with the virus isolated after attending to sick Syrian kid whom we later got to find out was patient zero. After refusing to remain in the hospitteral for further attention, the syrian kid decided to leave and on his way out of the hospita, Dr. Sanders caught up with him and gave him her pen to put down his address in the chart and got infected with the virus after touching the same pen.The syrian kid was later traced and brought to the hospital where he was isolated and later died alongside Dr.Sanders and his attendant.

What starts as a 48-hour quarantine, we learn in the show's opening credits, has turned into a 13-day attempt at defying death inside a small area of Atlanta.

National Guard members are rolling into the streets. The walking dead are being shot on site to stop the spread of a highly infectious disease which has a 100% fatality rate.

Bombs are going off. Uninfected people are screaming. The chaos is overwhelming. Then we flash back to Day 1 of the quarantine.

It all seems so perfectly normal, and this is where Containment really sucks in viewers.

Containment spends just the right amount of time introducing our major players and their relation to one another before throwing them all into the midst of this threatening epidemic. As the audience we're on a mission to figure out how they'll all survive or if they even will.

Lex Carnahan and his girlfriend Jana have a spat about her reluctance to move in with him. His friend and co-worker Jake (and Jana's ex-boyfriend and friend) is a loner-type, dedicated to his work, with some sort of brokenness hidden inside him. He's good at his job and well-liked by his peers, but, perhaps more than anyone else, he seems afraid of the prospect of dying.

Teresa and Xander are a teen couple facing the impending arrival of their baby. A baby which Teresa's mother insists she give up for adoption. To avoid that fate, the couple decide to run away together.

Katie, a mother and teacher, takes her classroom on a field trip to sing for sick patients in the hospital where Patient Zero has recently received care.

Dr. Cannerts eagerly tries to determine the origins of the virus in order to figure out how they might stop it.

And then the Quarantine happens.

Lovers are separated, perhaps forever. Children can't be reunited with their parents so Katie finds herself caring for all of them while stuck inside the hospital. No one is allowed to touch for fear of spreading the disease.

No one is allowed to touch.

No human contact for (at least) 48 hours so that this disease can be stopped in its tracks. Everyone is supposed to stay 4 to 6 feet away from other humans.

So then I find myself, as a mother, wondering what I would do if I couldn't comfort my children with my presence. A hug or a cuddle. What if I couldn't hold my husband's hand?

Then the show is set in Atlanta and I live here so the sites and places and names are all REAL ones (except the hospital name) and it's just sort of gripping for me in a way other dramas aren't.

Already there are characters I'm pulling for and characters I distrust immensely, one being Claudia Black's Dr. Lommers, a high level executive with the Department of Health and Human Services who is responsible for issuing the quarantine order and locking down a grid of the city.

There's something about her that knows more than she's letting on, but what she knows isn't good. The lack of fear in her voice and demeanor says that there's more going on here than we realize just yet, but our characters will figure it out. While the antagonist of the series is definitely the virus, Dr. Lommers is a close second.

Conveniently, she places herself outside the cordon while those on the inside fight to figure out how to stay alive.

Will they? How many major characters will we lose during the 13-episode run of Containment Season 1? How will they manage to stay safe when they are literally trapped inside a hospital with death all around them?

We'll definitely find out as Containment continues, and I know I'm eager to see it all play out
BTW, who is as excited as i am to see CHRIS WOOD of TVD on this series?

As pictures appear,

CHRIS WOOD acting as JAKE (Friend of LEX and JANA)

CLAUDIA BLACK acting as DR. LOOMERS

PATIENT ONE who was DR. SANDERS

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 07, 2016
+
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by kceewhyte(m): 2:06pm On May 07, 2016
U try
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by thenny312(m): 4:41pm On May 07, 2016
Yea op dis new series is dope.. ... Let's c Wie it's headed to
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 7:56pm On May 07, 2016
TERESA, the unwed preganant teen

DR. CANNERTS

LEX

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:07pm On May 07, 2016
Season 1 Episode 2

After this episode, we know this threat to the city of Atlanta is far from contained and way, way bigger than anyone first imagined, all thanks to some dumb kids who just HAD to buck authority.
Maintaining Control - Containment

Not gonna lie, you guys. This show is sort of freaking me out and we're only two episodes in. Thinking about epidemiology and just how easy it is to spread highly contagious diseases like this one makes me want to live in a yurt in the middle of nowhere, farm my own food, and use a dowsing rod to find water.

If the thought of two adults living with two kids and four dogs in a house made of found items didn't sound equally as terrifying to me as dying from the plague, I might consider it.

Thanks to some dumb teenagers who decided to throw a raging party for the duration of the quarantine, this virus is now, well, going viral. What was one family of five in the hospital's isolation ward has now grown to a group of I'm not even sure how many.

(Side note: How many isolation rooms does this hospital have?)

When Jake found the photo of the girl and we as the audience already knew she was sick, my heart rate ticked up a notch or two. I felt legit terrified for these fictional people facing a horror they can't imagine.

Bravo, producers! I'm thoroughly hooked.

The stakes are high for those inside and they're growing higher, just like the cordon itself.

Because of her connection to the teens at the party, Teresa now fears she might be infected, and while the flash forward from last week's pilot episode makes me feel confident she's safe, the fear that she might be sick, and that her baby might therefore be in danger, is no less real.

I don't know enough about Xander yet to know whether I want him to try and do something foolish like climb the cordon to get inside, but the pragmatic part of me hopes he doesn't. If something happens and Teresa doesn't survive, someone will need to care for their baby.

Micheline needs someone to care for her, too, and I'm pretty scared Burt's not going to make it. An interracial couple who got together before that was acceptable and have lasted thirty years together, I'm not really keen on seeing either one of them succumb to this virus.

I'm also not keen on seeing Jana and her coworkers die of starvation when they're surrounded by clean rooms. Can you imagine? You're in probably the safest location you can be thanks to the kind of work you do and you have no way to get food for a quarantine which is going to last who knows how long?

I would suggest Teresa deliver food to them but since she's potentially infected, that's a terrible idea.

Does anyone at all trust Leo Green yet? Can he be trusted?

Leo is a member of the press, sort of, and he uses his position to make Lex Carnahan into a hero overnight. Then he uses that same position and following to cast the Atlanta Police and Lex as the quasi-villains in this story.

He's right though. Where there's a mouthpiece, there's a secret. And there's definitely a secret here.

Katie's onto it.

She asked a very intriguing question, one I'm not even sure I caught.

Dr. Sanders and her boyfriend were presumably infected by Patient Zero. Patient Zero died after the both of them. What would be the cause of that?

Is it as simple as different people having different immune systems as Dr. Cannerts stated, or is that a pat answer from a scientist as he tries to figure out what the hell is going on himself? (My money's on the latter, FYI.)

As much as I'm loving everything about this show so far (in only two episodes) one thing keeps ringing false to me, and I can't put my finger on why.

Jake's anger doesn't play. Maybe we need to know more about his history for it to make sense. Maybe it doesn't work for me personally because Chris Woods is one of the nicest people I've ever interviewed and it just doesn't work to see him so ragey.

I don't know what it is. I'm sticking around to find out, but it's weird right now. As is his burgeoning relationship with Katie.

It's clear there's some sort of tension/love interest there, but it's been 24 hours at this point. It's too soon. They feel thrown together for the sake of throwing two people together even though I really like the idea of the tough guy cop and the tough girl teacher coming out of this together and alive.

We have 11 more episodes to go to see how it all shakes out.

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:12pm On May 07, 2016
Hahh!!! cheesy

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:22pm On May 07, 2016
Season 1 episode 3

Things inside the cordon aren't nearly as contained or controlled as the outside wants to believe. The natives are getting restless and people are literally dying in the streets.

Of course, instead of coming together to help those who are trapped, Teresa's mother decides to price gouge those who are shopping for goods in her store, but hey. Capitalism, right?

Dr. Lommers wants complete control of the information, including shutting down members of the press who threaten to thwart her ability to direct the narrative.

When she couldn't control the narrative, Dr. Lommers just...shut down the internet and nearly all forms of communication inside the cordon. All because of Leo Green and his dedication to telling the truth following the release of several controversial videos depicting the chaos going on inside the cordon, Lex Carnahan (David Gyasi) pleads with Dr. Sabine Lommers (Claudia Black) for additional reinforcements to be sent in. However, when the request is denied, Lex is forced to rely on a reluctant Jake Riley (Chris Wood) to take control of the situation inside. Elsewhere, Katie Frank (Kristen Gutoskie) has a tense stand-off with one of her student’s desperate parents, while a robbery at her mom’s store leaves Teresa Keaton (Hanna Mangan Lawrence) shaken to her core. Finally, when Leo Greene (Trevor St. John) releases more damaging videos, drastic measures are taken to shut him down.

Good work, Loomers.

On the plus side, Lex is quickly going to figure out that Lommers is not to be trusted with her insistence that Leo Green not be able to communicate with those on the inside. He's going to start digging into what, exactly, is going on inside that cordon, including why she won't send in any relief workers in the form of more doctors or police.

I'm incredibly intrigued by the myriad directions in which this story can and likely will go as he looks more closely at the story he's being told and is retelling and starts to read between the lines.

And I feel pretty confident his super smart, computer whiz girlfriend Jana is going to help him figure some things out. (No way she doesn't figure out a way to contact people on the outside.)

Then there's Jake.

His emotions are all over the place. Last week it was anger. This week, it's insecurity. Intense insecurity.

I like that he's a hero who doesn't see himself in that light. He doesn't believe he's capable of rising to this challenge, doesn't believe he's the right guy for this job.

But he is. Everyone knows it but him. He'll figure it out soon enough, when Katie or her son are in danger and he has to rise above his deepest darkest fears to save this woman he's come to love or something melodramatic like that.

As long as we get to see more of him in a tank top, I'm pretty okay with it. grin

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:38pm On May 07, 2016
EPISODE 4 airs next Tuesday cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:40pm On May 07, 2016
thenny312:
Yea op dis new series is dope.. ... Let's c Wie it's headed to

Oh good, finally someone who is watching it too cheesy

1 Like

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:46pm On May 07, 2016
smiley smiley smiley smiley

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:49pm On May 07, 2016
Syrian kid who brought in the flu

Dr Sanders in isolation

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by thenny312(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2016
Savyy:

Oh good, finally someone who is watching it too cheesy
hvnt seen episode 3 yet but hv downloaded it
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Sammypedro18(m): 8:46pm On May 08, 2016
Dis TV series is dope!! Was about to open a thread for it b4 I saw this, if yu enjoy 'the strain', I'll recommend dis series for you, it's cool
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by iyke1989(m): 9:05pm On May 08, 2016
Uninteresting undecided
Check out Quantico, Outlanders, The 100
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:08am On May 09, 2016
iyke1989:
Uninteresting undecided
im watching quantico and it's beginning to get boring. Ryan Booth even Alex Parrish is annoying.

have you watched containment?

1 Like

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:09am On May 09, 2016
Sammypedro18:
Dis TV series is dope!! Was about to open a thread for it b4 I saw this, if yu enjoy 'the strain', I'll recommend dis series for you, it's cool
Yeahhhhhh cheesy
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 8:11am On May 09, 2016
iyke1989:
Uninteresting undecided
You've got a funny ddefinition of 'uninteresting' I see. If you think it's uninteresting, you don't have to be here. The thread is for fans and not bad bloods angry
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by iyke1989(m): 4:57pm On May 09, 2016
Savyy:
You've got a funny ddefinition of 'uninteresting' I see. If you think it's uninteresting, you don't have to be here. The thread is for fans and not bad bloods angry
lol....u don't have to cry naa grin
Ok... stop crying baby...it is "in-ti-resting"!! grin
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by iyke1989(m): 4:58pm On May 09, 2016
Savyy:
im watching quantico and it's beginning to get boring. Ryan Booth even Alex Parrish is annoying.

have you watched containment?
nope!! But sounds uninteresting grin
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 10:51pm On May 09, 2016
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 10:55pm On May 09, 2016
BTW, WHO IS HAPPY IT'S TUESDAY TOMMORROW?

EPISODE 4 AIRS TOMMORROW, YAAYYYY!!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Pvictor10(m): 8:27pm On May 10, 2016
The show is boring. No action. Followed it up to episode 4, am just gonna boycott it, hope the scripts writers step up their game.
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 11, 2016
Pvictor10:
The show is boring. No action. Followed it up to episode 4, am just gonna boycott it, hope the scripts writers step up their game.
Boring you say? I've only seen episode 1 and right now, can't wait to get started with episode 2. For me, the whole of episode 1 was action-filled.
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 3:01pm On May 11, 2016
NewSheriff:
Boring you say? I've only seen episode 1 and right now, can't wait to get started with episode 2. For me, the whole of episode 1 was action-filled.
Thank you o jare. I was wondering what people term this days as 'action filled'. Jackie chan typa action

1 Like

Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 3:08pm On May 11, 2016
Pvictor10:
I bet you were expecting some kinda gun action or Jackie chan sort. I'm sure you got no clue of what the movie is all about 'cos if you do, you would really give the script writers kudos. Look at the way the outbreak is been contained, from the quarantine to the blocking of all forms of communication and other strict measures. What else do you expect from a movie like this?
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 11, 2016
Savyy:
Thank you o jare. I was wondering what people term this days as 'action filled'. Jackie chan typa action
Lol maybe some 'Rambo' movies are the only ones he terms action filled.

Something tells me the writer of the script got his inspiration from the ebola outbreak. What do you think?
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 3:22pm On May 11, 2016
NewSheriff:
Lol maybe some 'Rambo' movies are the only ones he terms action filled.

Something tells me the writer of the script got his inspiration from the ebola outbreak. What do you think?
I thought so too. But dayuumm, see strict measures.. cheesy

Do you think Dr. Loomers is strict, doing a good job or overdoing it?
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 11, 2016
Savyy:

I thought so too. But dayuumm, see strict measures.. cheesy

Do you think Dr. Loomers is strict, doing a good job or overdoing it?
Hmmmm considering the fatality of the epidemic, she's not overdoing nothing oo. See that doctor that was trying to tell Lex's friend (the police) with the mother of the little child about the lock down when he sneezed! grin grin Fúck!! grin grin
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Savyy(f): 4:18pm On May 11, 2016
NewSheriff:
Hmmmm considering the fatality of the epidemic, she's not overdoing nothing oo. See that doctor that was trying to tell Lex's friend (the police) with the mother of the little child about the lock down when he sneezed! grin grin Fúck!! grin grin
That fine doctor. Why does he have to go too soon? I was still expecting to see more of him.

Anyways I feel the same way, she's soo doing a nice job. Although I feel the peoples pain.. But then..
Re: CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 11, 2016
Savyy:
That fine doctor. Why does he have to go too soon? I was still expecting to see more of him.

Anyways I feel the same way, she's soo doing a nice job. Although I feel the peoples pain.. But then..
Drastic situations require drastic measures.

I envisage Lex or his girlfriend contracting the virus. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chidi Mokeme Back As Gulder Ultimate Search Host / The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series / Join The Best Leaks Tv On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.