Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,166 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu (2219 Views)

Why Herdsmen Burnt My Farm – Olu Falae / Fulani Herdsmen Attacked Goska Village, Kill Scores, Burn Houses (photos) / Pictures Of Suspected Herdsmen Who Attacked Enugu Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by jaymichael(m): 12:57pm On May 07, 2016
Fulani leader explains why herdsmen attacked Enugu
15:08 06/05/2016

Abuja - The leader of the Fulani community in the
South- East Ardo Saidu Baso,has revealed the reasons
Fulani herdsmen attacked and killed scores of Ukpabi-
Nimbo people of Enugu State last week, New Telegraph
reports.
Baso, who is also the deputy leader of Miyetti Allah
Cattle Breeders’ Association, South East chapter, said
that four Fulani people were killed around Ukpabi-
Nimbo in December last year and less than a week later,
two boys from one Fulani parents based in Nasarawa
State were equally killed.
The father of the deceased, saddened by the news of their
death, visited Uzo-Uwani to find out what happened,
only for him to also be killed according to the Fulani
leader.

Ardo stated that he got intelligence about the impending
attack on Nimbo and that he informed the local
government chairman, the governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi,
the state commissioner of police and the Area
Commander of police at Nsukka about it.
The Fulani leader said that he even embarked on a
journey to Nasarawa at the prompting of Uzo- Uwani
Local Government Area Chairman, Cornel Onwubuya,
to forestall the attack and possibly invite the families of
the deceased for a dialogue.
He stated that on reaching Otukpo in Benue State, he
learnt that the Fulani people from Nasarawa State had
already camped at the bush in Amaeke Nsukka
preparatory for the attack and that he aborted his
journey and rushed back to inform the council boss.
He expressed surprise that despite all his efforts to
forestall the attack, nothing was done to prevent it by
the relevant authorities.
Source: New Telegraph
- News 24
http://m.news24.com.ng/Nigeria/National/News/fulani-leader-explains-why-herdsmen-attacked-enugu-20160506
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Dmillionaire: 1:10pm On May 07, 2016
he's a complete lunatic, with sickle cell anaemia

1 Like

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by WhoRUDeceiving: 1:13pm On May 07, 2016
I thought some said it wasn't Fulani attack. Some even got sacked from commissioner positions because of saying the contrary.

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by ckmayoca: 1:15pm On May 07, 2016
I parked my car went away and getting back to see my rear bumber is broken, shld I cos of that start knocking off all bumbers of parked car and bursting em wind screens? Hausa na hausa.

No wonder if u ask yoruba person how many people are here wit u, they say 4 humans and 1 hausa.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by kcnwaigbo: 1:16pm On May 07, 2016
don't worry Bakasssi boys are comming for you.You will soon learn no one has a monopoly over violence.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by chriskosherbal(m): 1:49pm On May 07, 2016
This can still be settled amicably.
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by allthingsgood: 1:53pm On May 07, 2016
Its high time we fix problem once and for all. Violence is not the answer. An eye for an eye will only lead to the entire village becoming blind! There was a time in this country when we were each other's keeper, regardless of tribe. Its our politicians that reminded us we are not one and exploited our differences for their selfish agenda
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by EasternLeopard: 1:55pm On May 07, 2016
Enugu is not a grazing reserve. Go back to the North

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Aromas: 2:06pm On May 07, 2016
No amount of cry cry can stop people 4rm attacking Fulani if ur people dare to attack!

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Consiglier: 2:48pm On May 07, 2016
It's official then, those tasked with protecting our lives and properties are not up to the task. The blood of those who lost their lives are on the hands of those government officials, who, despite the intelligence at their disposal, did nothing only to shed tears and declare fasting afterwards.

On the other hand, we must commend Ardo Saidu Basso for his selfless efforts in stopping this unfortunate carnage, which would have been actually stopped had those in authorities done their job.

But why those people come kill those fulani people for crying out loud.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by DaBullIT(m): 3:17pm On May 07, 2016
Points to note

Yyeebos as usual started killing fulani

they killed several people

they killed kids of the bereaved

they killed parents of the kids

Leader of the Fulani people warned the police , warned the state governor , warned security agencies

to prevent reprisal attacks but it was too late

And still they are still raising hell about being massacred

Ibos destroyed first republic , Nigeria's first democracy and they scream about massacre in Biafra

as i said , this will get out of hand and Nigeria will spiral into another civil war

No country has shown solidarity for Ibos despite all the protests in the world embassies, i doubt they'll get any ally if a war breaks out

it'll be Biafra 2.0 , but this time , i am afraid it'll be total annihilation unless some of the elders start talking sense to their kids

Mynd44 this is not wishing harm on anyone , i know some goats won't be happy to read this analysis

Htwoow bear my witness again

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by csamii: 4:07pm On May 07, 2016
ckmayoca:
I parked my car went away and getting back to see my rear bumber is broken, shld I cos of that start knocking off all bumbers of parked car and bursting em wind screens? Hausa na hausa.

No wonder if u ask yoruba person how many people are here wit u, they say 4 humans and 1 hausa.

This reply is epic.

All these "an eye for an eye" folks abeg make we hear word. An eye for an eye won't make the world blind because someone will still have an eye intact.

DaBullIT:
Points to note
Leader of the Fulani people warned the police , warned the state governor , warned security agencies
Ibos destroyed first republic , Nigeria's first democracy and they scream about massacre in Biafra
as i said , this will get out of hand and Nigeria will spiral into another civil war
No country has shown solidarity for Ibos despite all the protests in the world embassies, i doubt they'll get any ally if a war breaks out
it'll be Biafra 2.0 , but this time , i am afraid it'll be total annihilation unless some of the elders start talking sense to their kids
Mynd44 this is not wishing harm on anyone , i know some goats won't be happy to read this analysis

You're a product of hand job.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by LecciGucci: 4:10pm On May 07, 2016
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Yorubasgreat(f): 4:20pm On May 07, 2016
[s]
DaBullIT:
Points to note

[/s]

Are you serious?
How can one human being bear such hateful mind..
This is too much nah.. How do you sleep at night brother..

When it comes to human life.. Don't interfere, just express regrets and sue for peace, that is a humane thing to do..

Don't worry abt being Yoruba..

Yorubas are never this wicked and bloody.. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by orisa37: 4:31pm On May 07, 2016
I have cursed the Fulanis in Nigeria and unless they repent, may their ways perish IJN AMEN.
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by kingdompropty: 4:37pm On May 07, 2016
DaBullIT:
Points to note

Are you for real? I didn't know this hatred for Ndigbo have eaten up what ever little is left in
you. Never mind Ndigbo can handle this alone. tongue
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 07, 2016
If what this man is saying is the truth, then this problem has a solution. If only it can be taken seriously and objectively.
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by udatso: 5:16pm On May 07, 2016
Dmillionaire:
he's a complete lunatic, with sickle cell anaemia
Please read
[b]

Baso, who is also the deputy leader of Miyetti Allah
Cattle Breeders’ Association, South East chapter, said
that four Fulani people were killed around Ukpabi-
Nimbo in December last year and less than a week later,
two boys from one Fulani parents based in Nasarawa
State were equally killed.
The father of the deceased, saddened by the news of their
death, visited Uzo-Uwani to find out what happened,
only for him to also be killed according to the Fulani
leader.

Ardo stated that he got intelligence about the impending
attack on Nimbo and that he informed the local
government chairman, the governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi,
the state commissioner of police and the Area
Commander of police at Nsukka about it.
The Fulani leader said that he even embarked on a
journey to Nasarawa at the prompting of Uzo- Uwani
Local Government Area Chairman, Cornel Onwubuya,
to forestall the attack and possibly invite the families of
the deceased for a dialogue.
He stated that on reaching Otukpo in Benue State, he
learnt that the Fulani people from Nasarawa State had
already camped at the bush in Amaeke Nsukka
preparatory for the attack and that he aborted his
journey and rushed back to inform the council boss.
He expressed surprise that despite all his efforts to
forestall the attack, nothing was done to prevent it by
the relevant authorities.
[/b]
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by ahaz: 5:23pm On May 07, 2016
DaBullIT:
Points to note

i recorgnize a mango headed grasshopper when i see one.
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Babacele: 5:23pm On May 07, 2016
mynd44 please do the needful. The OP is spreading false information. the source is correct pls. disregard my earlier post. I just confirmed it. my bad.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 07, 2016
DaBullIT:
Points to note

Please stop this nonsense. Quit brandishing your empty head on public forum as this.... This Igbos that you hate so much have consistently asked for a referendum to leave your useless and backward progressing country and you idiots refused, yet your kind will come up here and spew trash without break.
Did you really go through the story to know what led the killings in the first place. Do you know how many times this herdsmen have raped and maimed communities in the name of grazing? Do you have an idea how the killings started in the first place? Who initiated it and how did it get to this point?
Does your useless brain grasp the reality that this guys have been killing anybody who dares to oppose them on their rampaging quest to feed their cows irrespective of whose right or stomach they infringe on?
Why are you guys so pathetic? If you can't tell others the truth, at least, tell yourself the truth. You cannot destroy my farmland and expect me not to react. You guys are complete idiot. This is just the reason why this country will not progress, because of the existence of retarded brain as yours. Idiot.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by paschu: 6:40pm On May 07, 2016
The only question any sensible human beign should ask is: "Why are these legnthy MEDIA explanations coming up now after their attempts on denial failed woefly?" Ignore tgem joor. It's all hot lies. The national hate for the fulanis is at all time high. They have also met the unexpected when they dared to test their agatu experimwnt in igboland. So their elites are doing double duty to launder them. But we know the truth. May be they should ALSO EXPLAIN WHY A WHOLE LGA IN AGATU WAS SACKED AND 100S MURDERED.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Tripleclick(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2016
mekuzi09:

Please stop this nonsense. Quit brandishing your empty head on public forum as this.... This Igbos that you hate so much have consistently asked for a referendum to leave your useless and backward progressing country and you idiots refused, yet your kind will come up here and spew trash without break.
Did you really go through the story to know what led the killings in the first place. Do you know how many times this herdsmen have raped and maimed communities in the name of grazing? Do you have an idea how the killings started in the first place? Who initiated it and how did it get to this point?
Does your useless brain grasp the reality that this guys have been killing anybody who dares to oppose them on their rampaging quest to feed their cows irrespective of whose right or stomach they infringe on?
Why are you guys so pathetic? If you can't tell others the truth, at least, tell yourself the truth. You cannot destroy my farmland and expect me not to react. You guys are complete idiot. This is just the reason why this country will not progress, because of the existence of retarded brain as yours. Idiot.
Mercy for him abeg....
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by YoursGEJ(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2016
The Police commissioner deserves to be fired....figuratively and literally
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by McLeyyin: 6:56pm On May 07, 2016
There is nothing you won't hear about in this country. Someone trying to explain away the killing of innocent people?
The media is giving voice to too many clowns I swear.
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by DaBullIT(m): 7:35am On May 08, 2016
mekuzi09:

Your first statement proves you justify the killings of the innocent fulani settlers at that point in time , In your sense, because you are not granted referendum, you can kill anyone , ask any reasonable person what your comment means , unless the person is a foooool like you , You'll get the smacking of your life

and when you do write a statement in police custody or your lawyer speaks for you like that in a court , you are going to be forgotten in jail
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by coolscott(m): 8:17am On May 08, 2016
[size=13pt]
WhoRUDeceiving:
I thought some said it wasn't Fulani attack. Some even got sacked from commissioner positions because of saying the contrary.
I think there is truth in what this Fulani is saying
These are some of the words of the governor of Enugu state, who summoned a security council meeting on getting intelligence on the impending attack:[/size]

[size=17pt]“In the meeting, we received assurances from the Commissioner of Police that the Area Commander of SARS was on ground in Nimbo. That the Anti-Terrorism Unit was at Nimbo. That he was in contact with the Kogi State Commissioner of Police and reported suspected herdsmen grouping at Odolu in Kogi State preparatory for an attack on Nimbo and Abbi communities. That Police mobile force and conventional police were already drafted to Nimbo and Abbi communities. That he was in touch with the Area Commander, Idah, ACP Ikegwuonwu and had linked him with the Area Commander, Nsukka, ACP Monday Kuryas. Both men according to the CP reported that there were no traces of suspected herdsmen in Nsukka or Idah.

“That he ordered the Area Commander, Nsukka to redeploy to Nimbo. That the Garrison Commander on his part assured the meeting that Military was already deployed to Nimbo. Let me state that the State Government provided logistics for these deployments. After receiving these assurances of deployments to Nimbo, I felt quite confident that we had done everything possible to forestall an attack on Nimbo.”

“I have deliberately narrated what transpired at the Security Council meeting fully conscious of the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution pertaining to my oath of office. I am doing this in due discharge of my duties as Governor.
[/size]

[size=13pt]But it is noteworthy that this Fulani leader has affirmed what we all believed to be the case from the start - they are actually Fulani
[/size]
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Ugwuoke347(m): 9:21am On May 08, 2016
DaBullIT:
Points to note

Ewu awusa, na-fili onu. I na-akogheri. Onukwu odeku. Okpo n' igala. Anu mpama.
Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 09, 2016
DaBullIT:

Your first statement proves you justify the killings of the innocent fulani settlers at that point in time , In your sense, because you are not granted referendum, you can kill anyone , ask any reasonable person what your comment means , unless the person is a foooool like you , You'll get the smacking of your life

and when you do write a statement in police custody or your lawyer speaks for you like that in a court , you are going to be forgotten in jail

Your logic is completely warp... at no time did I justify the killings from either sides. Go through my quote and verify. First of all, my response was to your original post, when you took side and drew conclusion without facts. Read your original post again and get my position Mr. Idiot.

"Points to note

Htwoow bear my witness again"

Mr. Idiot... you are calling for total annihilation of my tribe and you expect me to keep quite. God Punish there! Idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Leader Explains Why Herdsmen Attacked Enugu by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 09, 2016
I don't give a Bleep if anybody ban... that is the norm on nairaland... you nigers are so bias.

(1) (Reply)

CAN Should Continue Buying Guns For Pastors In Nigeria. / Lai Mohammed Spreading Fake News And Citing Nairaland / Whoever Plans To Arrest Me After My Tenure Won’t Be In Office By Then – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.