Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose (13440 Views)

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics / ‘EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly’ – Fayose / 'EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly' - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by ganisucks(f): 3:20pm On May 07, 2016
The Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has frowned at the persistent harassment of Nigerians by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), describing the continued detention without trial of Mr. Warimopei Dudafa, a former Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan and invasion of the Abuja residence of former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode as irresponsible, barbaric and undemocratic.
Fayose said it was the height of executive rascality for the EFCC to have held occupants of Fani-Kayode’s residence hostage for eight hours despite that he was only invited to come to the EFCC office on Monday and there was no evidence that Fani-Kayode refused to honour the invitation.
According to the Governor’s Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, “EFCC under President Mohammadu Buhari is acting as if it is above the law and Nigerians and the international community must remind the commission that we are in a democracy where rule of law is sacrosanct.”
The Governor said actions of the EFCC have shown clearly that it is an instrument of victimisation against the opposition in the country, adding the anti-graft agency should go and study how anti-corruption agencies in other countries behave.
He said; “the EFCC must be reminded of the judgement delivered in March, this year by Justice Yusuf Haliru of the Federal High Court in Nicholas Arinse Vs EFCC & Nigerian Army where the judge held that the EFCC did not behave as if we were in a civilised society and that the anti-graft commission was behaving as if we were in a military dictatorship, where they arrest and release person at will.
“In the case of the former Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs to ex-President Jonathan, no one is saying those suspected of corrupt practices should not be investigated and tried, but it is wrong for Warimopei Dudafa to have been kept in EFCC custody for over two weeks without trial.
“Also, it is a demonstration of barbarism for the same EFCC that invited Fani-Kayode to its office on Monday to have invaded his house yesterday, holding the occupants hostage for eight hours when there is no evidence that Fani-Kayode refused to honour EFCC invitation.
“Why the show of barbarism by the EFCC as if Nigeria is now back to 1984 when Buhari was a military dictator?”
While calling on the international community to pay attention to the abuse of rights of Nigerians and threat to democracy under President Buhari, Fayose said; “It is obvious that democracy in Nigeria is becoming unsafe in the hands of Buhari’s government.”
He said Nigerians must begin to ask the EFCC what happened to the several petitions written against APC leaders and financiers of President Buhari’s election, including former governors, adding that it was worrisome that the EFCC and the Department of State Services (DSS) have become President Buhari’s instrument of political victimisation.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/07/efcc-must-stop-acting-irresponsibly-fayose/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by ganisucks(f): 3:21pm On May 07, 2016
Fayose is my role model. I A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ Nigerian women love Fayose.

34 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Pavarottii(m): 3:24pm On May 07, 2016
Gradual slide to a Military regime.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by dunkem21(m): 3:25pm On May 07, 2016
Live source pls .. shocked
Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by vicdom(m): 3:28pm On May 07, 2016
who doesn't know that buhari is a scoundrel The nostalgic rascaldom of his administration is blatant which isn't healthy for our democratic system of governance..... ThankGod Ayo Fayo has "exemption from prosecution", else he would have been in oblivion by now.......THE DENTULOUS FIERY VOCIFEROUS BIG-ENCHILADA, I KOWTOW!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by bettercreature(m): 3:44pm On May 07, 2016
Voice of the thiefs

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by DaBullIT(m): 3:45pm On May 07, 2016
hehehehe

I have been monitoring social media , not a peep from Fayose

grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Stalwert: 3:47pm On May 07, 2016
Your turn go soon reach

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Sunofgod(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2016
Its good entertainment though.......good for 'beer parlour gists' wink

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Presdentgeneral(m): 4:40pm On May 07, 2016
Fayole

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Godjone(m): 4:44pm On May 07, 2016
Stalwert:
Your turn go soon rich
Go and help effcc do the work since they aren't acting fast enough undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by blazer234: 4:56pm On May 07, 2016
Stalwert:
Your turn go soon rich

You mean his turn to be unjustly molested?

So, you are now sanctioning injustice because it is directed against your perceived political enemy?

You are an unreasonable, myopic and politically blind soul

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Stalwert: 5:34pm On May 07, 2016
[s]
blazer234:

You mean his turn to be unjustly molested?

So, you are now sanctioning injustice because it is directed against your perceived political enemy?

You are an unreasonable, myopic and politically blind soul
[/s]

la rubbish

19 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by malton: 6:28pm On May 07, 2016
Wait until they are onto you.

E go soon reach your turn.

The spotlight just hasn't turned yet!

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by moshmusth(m): 7:26pm On May 07, 2016
The gods have spoken thru fayose..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by FagsamPHP(m): 8:45am On May 08, 2016
k
Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by ExAngel007(f): 8:46am On May 08, 2016
MADMAN

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Nobody: 8:46am On May 08, 2016
Today is my birthday, though I don't feel anything special about today, I just thank God am alive.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Sunnycliff(m): 8:47am On May 08, 2016
We know EFCC is been manipulated to suit the whims and caprices of the Chief Zombie!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by omooba969(m): 8:47am On May 08, 2016
Ok
Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by daftpikin: 8:48am On May 08, 2016
It's obvious these people don't case about the constitution or the rights of their opposition. They just want to flex power.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by omooba969(m): 8:48am On May 08, 2016
Sunnycliff:
We know EFCC is been manipulated to suit the whims and caprices of the Chief Zombie!

@bolded,

We? shocked

How many of you know this, abeg yan me biko. cool

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Samexdx(m): 8:48am On May 08, 2016
Clown
Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Funjosh(m): 8:48am On May 08, 2016
This man get loose mouth like Donald Trump lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by slimpoppa(m): 8:48am On May 08, 2016
You politicians should also start acting responsibly by not stealing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Shortyy(f): 8:51am On May 08, 2016
Preach cheesy
Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by VivianUdeogu(f): 8:51am On May 08, 2016
I Just love Fayose. How I wish Fayose can rule us in Igboland. Fayose is greater than all the Governors we have in Igboland. Fayose is greater than Governor Willie Obiano. Fayose is greater than Ojukwu

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by tolexy007(m): 8:51am On May 08, 2016
Even Zombies knows that what fayose says is nothing but the truth....... I stand with Fayose
Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Leviseed: 8:52am On May 08, 2016
Speak on my man
Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by philtex(m): 8:52am On May 08, 2016
I call them Toothless Bull-Dogs. cheesy
Re: EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose by Bodmas06: 8:53am On May 08, 2016
hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Will Win Between 25 And 27 State In 2019 - Atiku Predicts / Court Grants EFCC’s Request To Detain Adoke For 14 Days / Reno Omokri Donates ₦500,000 To Southern Kaduna Mass Killings Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.