Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin (54776 Views)

The New Oba Of Benin In His Freemason Regalia. / Meet The New OBA Of Benin First Son (photo) / New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by martineverest(m): 10:44pm On May 07, 2016
masseratti:
if that is the case,why are they selecting then?
they don't select..op gave a wrong info

2 Likes

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by BlissP(m): 11:01pm On May 07, 2016
@OP, ur point is absolutely far from d truth' first, the Binis don't compete for Kingship" it's base on inheritance' as tradition demands, there are norms and rules in announcing d passage of a great King' it was duly followed in Benin. Whoever granted u Dat interview is not from Benin and knows nothing about Benin tradition' Pls get ur facts right.

2 Likes

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Eluwilussit(m): 11:02pm On May 07, 2016
aventura:
Lol. Ambassador to italy. Benin people and italy

cheesy cheesy cheesy. No wonder. ...... grin grin grin
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by thugthang(m): 11:03pm On May 07, 2016
Their cooperate headquarters
aventura:
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by CioAngels(f): 11:10pm On May 07, 2016
Congratulations, may your reign be peaceful. May you reign for long in good health. How do we greet you?
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by tammie24: 11:13pm On May 07, 2016
Juxtified:

Not in Benin Kingdom. The first son of the Oba is the next Oba, no disputes. And before you hear of the death the heir is already crowned. All other things are just ceremonies.
oh really
Never knew
Thank for the info smiley

1 Like

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by tammie24: 11:15pm On May 07, 2016
nobosaba:

It is hereditary not by selection

The writer is not well informed
ok
I didn't know this
Thanks for the info smiley
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:22pm On May 07, 2016
akhis:
This so story is so watery. Tje so called unamed source which the writer used non try. The writer should have at least visited Benin. The throne to Oba is NEVER contested unlike other western states. From the day a heir is born, its known to be the next Oba except he dies before the Oba which has always been unlikely. So why will he say the contention. Some of us know the reason the news about the death was kept and norlt some craps as reported bu the author
Have you forgot what happened between Oba Esighie and his elder brother Aruaran, ?
They fought because of the this stool. Aruaran was killed by Iyoba (Queen Idia).
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Niyinficient(m): 11:22pm On May 07, 2016
sexy74:

heaven candidate, why not die and go to occupy it quickly.
Tradition does not make u go to hell,
The Queen of England is a hell fire candidate too abi?

daroz:

Trash

6digitscomrade:
bro leave that born by mistake......

bulldoza:

Senseless you

ogele:

Cant just imagine how some people reason through their anus...... what does your imported religion got to do with our tradition..... #istandwithtradition....

The guy aired his belief,his conviction, his faith and you all want to kill him, may God have mercy. Tomorrow now u all will wear clothes n go to church forming christians,and u can't even boldly associate wit d name of Christ on social media! Truly d end is here!

1 Like

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:30pm On May 07, 2016
Niyinficient:

The guy aired his belief,his conviction, his faith and you all want to kill him, may God have mercy. Tomorrow now u all will wear clothes n go to church forming christians,and u can't even boldly associate wit d name of Christ on social media! Truly d end is here!
Does that give him an effrontery to condemn people to hell fire?
Is he God?
What is the probability he would make heaven?
Even though am not a fan of traditional religion, that does not give me the effrontery to condemn them.
There is freedom of creed and religion. That is what our constitution says.
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:36pm On May 07, 2016
UAE123:
Oga OP there is nothing like choosing a worthy successor to the Observed because the 1st son of an Oba is d direct person to succeed the Oba & that is wat tradition demands.
But, there was a time in the history of Benin when the first born was excempted from being the king. The two son's of Oba Ozolua which are Aruaran and Esigie. Aruaran was the first son, Esigie was the second. But, Esigie became king while Aruaran was alive. What really happened?

2 Likes

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by ekwoma: 11:38pm On May 07, 2016
Good for them all I wish him a good reign
May God grant him wisdom to rule and lead his people
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:44pm On May 07, 2016
2sexycom:
yeah. Most past obas of benin don't smile in public, you don't see their teeth cos they often cover their mouth with white clothes.

The Oba also never leaves his palace those days and there is popular saying that "Oba no dey go transfer"

Benin respect their king.... Oba ga to kpe...Ise
Oba don't leave his palace but some of your Oba went to war as far as Owo, Akure, Idah and so on to fight.
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Niyinficient(m): 11:44pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Does that give him an effrontery to condemn people to hell fire?
Is he God?
What is the probability he would make heaven?
Even though am not a fan of traditional religion, that does give me the effrontery to condemn them.
There is freedom of creed and religion. That is what our constitution says.

We assume and sum up opinion my wat we see and hear and read....the guy red about d person in question performing rituals...and I bet dat led to his opinion of hell...cos his doctrine states anyone who perform such things are hell bound....though d bible says one shudnt judge!

And then who is deceiving who? Why ar we hypocrites who can't stand up to their believes? Stealing is stealing no matter d cause for it...sin is sin, no matter d cause... ritualists are ritualists irrespective of who is involved! All these things are doctrines.
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by joewinson: 11:45pm On May 07, 2016
aventura:

Guess their ancestors originate from Italy
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:53pm On May 07, 2016
Niyinficient:

We assume and sum up opinion my wat we see and hear and read....the guy red about d person in question performing rituals...and I bet dat led to his opinion of hell...cos his doctrine states anyone who perform such things are hell bound....though d bible says one shudnt judge!

And then who is deceiving who? Why ar we hypocrites who can't stand up to their believes? Stealing is stealing no matter d cause for it...sin is sin, no matter d cause... ritualists are ritualists irrespective of who is involved! All these things are doctrines.
He still doesn't have right to utter such statement. This is Nigeria not Vatican city or Saudi Arabia.
His type are the cause of religion fanaticism
That is where it start. Me that am talking to you am a Muslim and I understand my religion better but that does not mean I should start attacking other peoples religion.
There is a verse in the Quran which says, Your religion is your religion, my religion is my religion.
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Omoalaja99: 12:11am On May 08, 2016
Omonoba eredionwa okpolokpolo don kpolokpolo
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Niyinficient(m): 12:15am On May 08, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

He still doesn't have right to alter such statement. This is Nigeria not Vatican city or Saudi Arabia.
His type are the cause of religion fanaticism
That is where it start. Me that am talking to you am a Muslim and I understand my religion better but that does not mean I should start attacking other peoples religion.
There is a verse in the Quran which says, Your religion is your religion, my religion is my religion.

His 'attack' according to u, was implied not stated...he's only preaching Christ!

Oh! Did d Quran say, 'Your religion is your religion and my religion is my religion? Wow! I bet most Jihadists hasn't studied d Quran to dat part...
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by EdCure: 12:17am On May 08, 2016
diransom:
my guy one thing is clear in Islam religion is that if worship anything beside God Almighty, no two ways abt it u are bound for hell except with the mercy of Allah
Stop bombing this thread with your moslem culture. Nobody want to hear it here.

Dem dey talk better thing, you dey mention Islam. Where do those terrorists that bomb themselves and kill others in the name of your Arabian deity go to?

4 Likes

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:21am On May 08, 2016
Niyinficient:

His 'attack' according to u, was implied not stated...he's only preaching Christ!

Oh! Did d Quran say, 'Your religion is your religion and my religion is my religion? Wow! I bet most Jihadists hasn't studied d Quran to dat part...
Lol.. Is there. Islam says there is no compulsion in religion.
If he wants to preach about Christ as you said. It shouldn't be on this thread. There is nothing bad in evangelising but, let it be done in a good way.
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 12:28am On May 08, 2016
Niyinficient:

Shut da fuçk up hypocrite angry
Why didn't you condemn him when he said someone would go to hell for being a king?
You can all shove your confused faith into your asses.
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by 9japatroit(m): 12:54am On May 08, 2016
OP,he was not selected as you put it ,rather he has being the king in waiting(i.e the crowned prince )all his life,that is the tradition!.
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by factsdigger: 1:30am On May 08, 2016
That to show you,their tradition is mere fraud,cheating other siblings right to thrown,how can one lineage continue rulling and denying other siblings?when they are not bastards.
Gaddafithe2nd:

Have you forgot what happened between Oba Esighie and his elder brother Aruaran, ?
They fought because of the this stool. Aruaran was killed by Iyoba (Queen Idia).
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Ablitmuspaper(m): 1:32am On May 08, 2016
stexsy:
Hell fire designate....
Repent and give ur life to Christ
he nids to hear dis
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by AreaFada2: 3:51am On May 08, 2016
BlissP:
@OP, ur point is absolutely far from d truth' first, the Binis don't compete for Kingship" it's base on inheritance' as tradition demands, there are norms and rules in announcing d passage of a great King' it was duly followed in Benin. Whoever granted u Dat interview is not from Benin and knows nothing about Benin tradition' Pls get ur facts right.

Dude, no interview was ever granted. It was made up.

The writer wrote it sitting somewhere in AC office in Lagos, googled a little bit and added his own. He assumed it must be similar to how it's done in SW and some other places.

Insider ko, undersider ni.

1 Like

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by AreaFada2: 3:53am On May 08, 2016
Almonda:
Oh boy, this Oba dope pass Ooni of Ife mehn
At the age of 63 oh.

He's not Oba yet though. Still crown prince.
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by AreaFada2: 3:58am On May 08, 2016
AceRoyal:

Even Jesus respected the customs of the land.
Give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar,and Wat belongs to God,to God.
As a proud Edo man,we value our customs and traditions......

Oba gha to kpe e!
Ise!

That person forgets that one of the first Christian monarchs in West Africa was an Oba of Benin. 500 years ago.

The Oba is even the head of Traditional Edo Church, Holy Aruosa Cathedral. Nigeria's oldest Cathedral. Long before Cele, Aladura and modern pentecostal church.

We don't know our history.
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by 6digitscomrade: 5:24am On May 08, 2016
i agree with u..the end is here for slow pokes on nairaland cuz we will sanitize it...u know how to talk but too bad ur sense of conviction is pale!!!!!!!learn to read in btw the lines..illiterate of the corn generation.
Niyinficient:

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by BlissP(m): 5:30am On May 08, 2016
AreaFada2:

Dude, no interview was ever granted. It was made up.

They writer wrote it sitting somewhere in AC office in Lagos, googled a little bit and added his own. He assumed it must be similar to how it's done in SW and some other places.

Insider ko, undersider ni.
i thought as much....
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by wildikeman(m): 5:53am On May 08, 2016
Edo people and Italy Sha... undecided undecided
Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by Emade(m): 6:01am On May 08, 2016
stexsy:
Hell fire designate....
so having a king is now sin abi? Nigeria Christians may God help us

1 Like

Re: Ehenenden Erediauwa Is The New Oba Of Benin by macof(m): 6:04am On May 08, 2016
stexsy:
Hell fire designate....

Repent and worship a dead jew undecided then forget your culture and traditions and start leaving as a Hebrew wannabe

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / 200-Year-Old Crocodile Showcased At Ero Okeliwo Festival In Ogun (Photos) / Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.