Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Guys How Often Do You Do Engine Wash? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guys How Often Do You Do Engine Wash? (14064 Views)

When Is The Right Time To Remove And Wash Your Radiator? / Is Hot Water Or Cold Water The Best To Wash A Car Engine? / Guys Pouring Wine On New Car To "Wash" It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Guys How Often Do You Do Engine Wash? by 9icetoo(m): 10:25pm On May 10, 2016
If a rewire has "rewired"your engine bay, if a few wires in your engine bay have black insulation tape running along them, if your air intake does not have a good seal where the air filter fits in, if you have dodgy electrical connections and fuse box in your engine bay, I wouldn't advice you to wash that engine bay with a pressure washer. You might be causing yourself grief later. I use foam and soapy water to clean out my engine bay. I only use a pressure washer on the radiator and condenser.
Re: Guys How Often Do You Do Engine Wash? by ataspray(m): 2:43am On May 12, 2016
attegambo:
As you finish washing the engine ,before washing the body ,you'll start the engine of your car allow it to steam for 20minutes
actually, its best to leave the engine running while washing it..

1 Like

Re: Guys How Often Do You Do Engine Wash? by MaziEbuka1(m): 8:01am On Apr 02, 2020
My people, I had similar fears about washing car engines, but whenever I see how dirt has accumulated over the years in other people's engines, I swore never to allow mine get to that level.

Last week, even though my car is not up to three months old, I washed the engine clean! And I will do it again.

Don't forget, the state of your car engine will either increase or reduce the value of your car whenever you wish to sell it off.

Think again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down / Which Is Classier! A White Audi Q7 And A White Mercedes Benz Cls 500 / Bajaj Is About To Buy Ducati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.