Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Gl 450 & 550 Naija Specific Reviews - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gl 450 & 550 Naija Specific Reviews (3177 Views)

450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK / Mercedes Benz Ml/gl Class W164 Ml350 Ml500 Gl320 Android 7.1 Car Dvd Player (4g) / Nigerian Used Car Between 450-500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gl 450 & 550 Naija Specific Reviews by sehawale: 5:29pm On May 07, 2016
Benz Gurus,

Please i am about to buy a GL Class benz. I have asked different people (dealers, mechos, benz owners) the pros n cons specific to lagos in terms of parts availabilty, mechanics, resale value, performance, maintenance cost and frequency etc. on this car. I have heard contradicting opinions. This is why i am here.

Gurus should help me with the pros n cons so i can make up my mind for or against it. Thanks.
Re: Gl 450 & 550 Naija Specific Reviews by ataspray(m): 6:35pm On May 07, 2016
Sorry to say but forget all this crap and buy the damn car. Whatever comes up with it, u will be able to sort out, the car is not used by aliens neither are d spares and what not sold in mars. every car has its pros and cons. its a vehicle that works pretty much the same way other vehicles work, theres no rocket science involved. u already seem to know alot about it, what else do u wanna hear? 'dont buy its a bad car, so and so problem comes up with it? or 'buy its a good car bla bla' you will always hear contradicting opinions because its different strokes for different folks
what kind of indecision is this abeg?

3 Likes

Re: Gl 450 & 550 Naija Specific Reviews by AutoJoshNG: 7:51am On May 08, 2016
sehawale:
Benz Gurus,

Please i am about to buy a GL Class benz. I have asked different people (dealers, mechos, benz owners) the pros n cons specific to lagos in terms of parts availabilty, mechanics, resale value, performance, maintenance cost and frequency etc. on this car. I have heard contradicting opinions. This is why i am here.

Gurus should help me with the pros n cons so i can make up my mind for or against it. Thanks.

Hello Sehawale,

Year not stated. However, you will probably go with the one you fall in love with after inspecting and test driving them. The GL550 usually looks better kitted compared to the GL450 but a few parts will be more expensive. You may not bother yourself with comparing maintenance cost, parts, mechanics, performance etc as both vehicles are in the same league and all these parameters really don't matter.

You can focus on:

1) Having enough back up funds to maintain them if anything goes wrong.
2) Proactive maintenance.
3) Getting uncompromised parts. If you don't trust the parts you see in the market, go to the dealership or use the VIN to get them from the country the vehicle was used previously (probably USA).
4) Do a VIN check to know the history of the vehicle and ensure it has not been tampered with.
5) Be very weary of the air suspension.
6) Make sure your mechanic is an expert. Don't settle for less.
7) The GL450 is not necessarily cheaper to maintain compared to the GL550.

Autojoshng

1 Like

Re: Gl 450 & 550 Naija Specific Reviews by sehawale: 1:31pm On May 08, 2016
Ataspray & autojoshng, thanks for your time and advice

(1) (Reply)

Come In For Solution To All Your Car A/c Troubles / How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? / The Most Expensive Car In The Planet Is Out - Roll Royce Boat Tail - $28,000,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.