Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London (11966 Views)

Obasanjo Takes Anti-buhari Campaign Abroad / Aisha Buhari Takes A Walk With Her Grand Daughter (Pictured) / Buhari Takes Water As Osinbajo, Saraki And Chief Justice Take Juice (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Islie: 7:59pm On May 07, 2016
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari will on Tuesday travel to London, United Kingdom to participate in the international Anti-Corruption Summit, which will be held in the British capital on Thursday.

According to a statement on Saturday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President, as an internationally recognised leader in the global fight against corruption, will play a prominent part in the summit which will be hosted by Prime Minister David Cameron with many other Heads of State and Government in attendance.

Adesina said Buhari would head of the summit’s opening, deliver a keynote address titled, ‘Why we must tackle corruption together’ at a pre-summit conference of development partners, the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council, Transparency International and other civil society groups on Wednesday.

The presidential spokesman also disclosed that the President is one of the world leaders scheduled to speak at the opening session of the Anti-Corruption Summit with others, including Prime Minister Cameron and the President of the World Bank, Dr. Jim Yong Kim.

He added that Buhari would thereafter join other participating heads of state and government at special plenary sessions on exposing corruption, tackling corruption and driving out corruption.

The statement read in part, “In his address to the summit and interactions with other participating leaders, President Buhari will urge the international community to move faster on the dismantling of safe havens for the proceeds of corruption and the return of stolen funds and assets to their countries of origin.

“The President will also reaffirm his administration’s unwavering commitment to the fight against corruption and the Federal Government’s readiness to partner with international agencies and other countries to identify, apprehend and punish corrupt public officials.

“President Buhari’s delegation to the Summit will include the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Alhaji Abubakar Malami and the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu.

“Before returning to Abuja on Friday, May 13, 2016, the President is expected to have a separate meeting with Prime Minister Cameron to discuss ongoing Nigeria-Britain collaboration in the war against corruption and terrorism, as well as other issues, including trade and economic relations between both countries.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-takes-anti-corruption-campaign-london/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by sabacity(m): 8:13pm On May 07, 2016
Hmmmm...Anti-corruption campaign?...Hoping to see positive impact of it ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Akshow: 10:14pm On May 07, 2016
Journey resumes. Hope he won't go and label Nigerians criminals again. undecided

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by paragon40(m): 10:14pm On May 07, 2016
arinka jabata

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 07, 2016
I love PMB.
Anti corruption is the only thing we can export besides Crude oil.

39 Likes

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by peemyke(f): 10:15pm On May 07, 2016
cheesy...this is funny

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by gokay11(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2016
And tourism continues.....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Sunofgod(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2016
[size=14pt]Make he no go 'Peckham' with dat talk - he will be lynched by Nigerians![/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by aare07(m): 10:16pm On May 07, 2016
Yam eaters
Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by swagaholic: 10:16pm On May 07, 2016
These man is a joke!!! Smh

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by lilprinze: 10:16pm On May 07, 2016
Ajala the traveller

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Akshow: 10:17pm On May 07, 2016
kenonze:
I love PMB
I for call you Zombie, but I change my mind. grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by AmAlbert(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2016
Una how market na

I enter front page sha
To God be the glory

*sips dogonyaro and aki awusa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by ejihand(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2016
Finally, PMB tactically got another reason to cool off. Safe journey.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by MARKone(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2016
The traveler. Him wan go charge phone as "Avengers" don collect all the light.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Pavarottii(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2016
In buhari's mind he is fighting corruption, is only his zombies that will believe him. Figting opposition is not fighting corruption neither is trials, sentences and jail terms the best way to fight corruption( they were all used in the military Regime, did the corruption stop or guess worse?) The best ways to fight corruption is putting systems to stop the money to get to the looters and check their excesses and the last time I checked, buhari has put none on ground. They were all brought by PDP led govt. i.e EFCC, ICPC, IPPIS, BVN, TSA, E-payment for fertilizers, etc. This are d best ways to fight corruption.

This one is surely for Medical check-up, cos we know it's either UK or US most times. Why can't he send Ibrahim Magu to go 4 dis one? Must he go everywhere, everytime?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Pavarottii(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2016
Hmmmm..
Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Segadem(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2016
[size=14pt]This man's name will be written into the Guinness book of record as the most travelled president [/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by lilprinze: 10:18pm On May 07, 2016
did we elect a president or a tourist?

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by teemyte: 10:18pm On May 07, 2016
UP MAN UNITED

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by mars123(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2016
I'm liking where Buhari is taking Nigeria to...pls be consistent.

so that all these evil Nigerian "leaders of tomorrow" who keep praying for an opportunity to serve so as to loot their country dry will start to read their books.

I hope badluck Jonadunce is watching.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Segadem(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2016
lilprinze:
Ajala the traveller
[size=14pt]Walahi Ajala is a learner compared to this man called PMB the only edge Ajala had was that he rode bicycle round the world while BABA is using private jet.

Note: indomie generations pls don't quote me and ask any question oh! grin grin grin
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Chuksemi(m): 10:19pm On May 07, 2016
London again? Not France. He hasn't been to Australia yet. He should visit there too. I heard they have good brothels and wines. Buhari should consider Italy too. That's another good place. With tourist attractions.

All these countries Buhari is visiting. Doesn't he have his own country??

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Segadem(m): 10:19pm On May 07, 2016
teemyte:
UP MAN UNITED
[size=14pt]U no dhey shame? Your son I mean grand son ( Leicester City) take something that is rightly belongs to u, first of all it/he takes your trophy secondly it snatches top 4 from u & u still have boldness to say up man u[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Coldfeets: 10:19pm On May 07, 2016
Get rich or die travelling tryin' cool
Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by kennyman2000(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by CountDracula(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2016
Alryt, we'll jus stay here and wait... For it to actually start working... Here... In NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by jamex93(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2016
The one n only bubu
Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by micktoxin(m): 10:21pm On May 07, 2016
Some of these meetings can be designated to the right departments. I don't think this meeting is firm enough to warrant the need for his presence.
Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by ijaw1stson: 10:21pm On May 07, 2016
enjoy yourself mr tourist
Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by Ohamzee: 10:21pm On May 07, 2016
na anti corruption we go chop? smh
Re: Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London by DrSuleiman100: 10:21pm On May 07, 2016
Good one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari, Saraki, Amaechi, El-rufai Speak At Kaduna Railway Commissioning (video) / Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers / PDP Crisis: Secondus, NWC Members Have Agreed Not To Seek Reelection — Dokpesi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.