Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? (961 Views)

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by Emperor4God(m): 4:22am On May 08, 2016
Can somebody please tell me why so many Christians are fixated on bless me, bless me when that's not what Jesus preached?

Jesus was clear that no christian can be greater than Him.

Matthew 10
24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord.

So If Jesus suffered, Christians too should expect to suffer too.
After all Paul said that we should suffer for Jesus.

Philippians 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

In fact Paul said You should desire to know Jesus & the FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERING!

Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings,
being made conformable unto his death;

It looks like many Christians have gone after the doctrine of devils popularly called Prosperity Preaching.
This was foretold in the bible.

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith,
giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

This is going on in many churches today.

We need to learn of Jesus not the blessings.

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

We all need to seek Jesus first and all the blessings will follow;Not the blessings first and most cases the blesses alone .

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.

So you can see that all this bless me bless me prosperity preaching is not of God.
It's doctrine of devils.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith,

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by Freedom4us: 4:48am On May 08, 2016
I believe this prosperity preaching is the easiest way to spot a 419 pastor.

FTC Me oh!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by Nobody: 5:27am On May 08, 2016
Freedom4us:
I believe this prosperity preaching is the easiest way to spot a 419 pastor.

FTC Me oh!

you are so correct.

but if you spot out the flaws the sheep will say Jesus was poor so that we might be rich. I have heard those words in person from a popular pentecostal pastor.

It is sad,sir.
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by segebobo: 5:28am On May 08, 2016
It's not wrong seeking to be blessed. In Genesis, Jacob wrestled with an angel and said he will not let him go except he blesses him. Likewise, when a samaritan woman was disturbing Jesus for a miracle, he said the children's bread cannot be given to dogs.... the bread here refers to blessings.
We are qualified for God's blessings

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by Nobody: 5:38am On May 08, 2016
The devil works by tag no something that has a basis in God's word and corrupting it. This is happening alot nowadays. Those who know their GOD Will Stand smiley
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by Heromaniaa: 5:43am On May 08, 2016
Baba bless me today... I no know about tomorrow oo
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by TPAND(f): 6:04am On May 08, 2016
Bless me.... Prayer of Jabez.

Fixating on bless me is not wrong for Christians. It's just an acknowledgement that our welfare, wealth, security and peace comes from the Lord. It's not by our own understanding. When we pray bless me, we lean not on our own doing, but concede God is the doer of all things. Let no man glory in himself, that's why we pray for God's blessing.
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by lacastre: 6:19am On May 08, 2016
i don't think blessing is of financial only,it can b spiritual,talents etc.But it still all bore down to wealth because`the gift of a man market way for him`' `No food for lazy man` but d priority is`seek ye first the Kingdom of God and others shall be added` so painful that the others are now d priority .....may God help us
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by wordbank(m): 7:31am On May 08, 2016
Let what you believe in work for you
As I seek the kingdom of God, dollar bills shall be added unto me
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by Femiwilli: 9:38am On May 08, 2016
segebobo:
It's not wrong seeking to be blessed. In Genesis, Jacob wrestled with an angel and said he will not let him go except he blesses him. Likewise, when a samaritan woman was disturbing Jesus for a miracle, he said the children's bread cannot be given to dogs.... the bread here refers to blessings.
We are qualified for God's blessings

Nobody is saying it's wrong to be blessed but if you notice Jacob was wrestling with God,
which means he knew God.

These days many christians know their pastors and not God.

Most importantly is that Jesus said seek God first then the blessings will come.

Our people are seeking the blessings first and in some cases only.

Now if Jesus said seek God first then the blessings will come and you do otherwise,
who do you think will prevail?
The church goer or Jesus ?
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by MakeWeTalk: 6:06pm On May 08, 2016
Many Pastor are preaching just for the money, nothing else.
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by ifenes(m): 8:12pm On May 08, 2016
Blessing is all about the female monthly cycle

Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by rahman3853(m): 9:27pm On May 08, 2016
i jst wana point at sumtins, jesus was neva a pauper, as humble as he is he had an acountant. wch poor man has acountant? n he said al tis he has done on earth we cn do mre than he did. pls its jst us with d problem of misquote d bible. its neva wrong 2 b rich or ask ur father 2 bles u. if ur fada in heaven is rich n u remain poor it means u r bastard, check ur standings with god, he said we d children of god cn neva lack anythg good. thre4 blesing is a broad term, u wen on a journey n returnd safely, its a blesing. u hav kids, its a blesing. its nt always abt money. abram, hezikiah,david, solomon, etc were al rich, pls mention jst 1 man of god dat was poor.
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by Gospels: 11:06pm On May 29, 2016
Emperor4God:
Can somebody please tell me why so many Christians are fixated on bless me, bless me when that's not what Jesus preached?

Jesus was clear that no christian can be greater than Him.

Matthew 10
24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord.

So If Jesus suffered, Christians too should expect to suffer too.
After all Paul said that we should suffer for Jesus.

Philippians 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

In fact Paul said You should desire to know Jesus & the FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERING!

Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings,
being made conformable unto his death;

It looks like many Christians have gone after the doctrine of devils popularly called Prosperity Preaching.
This was foretold in the bible.

This is going on in many churches today.

We need to learn of Jesus not the blessings.

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

We all need to seek Jesus first and all the blessings will follow;Not the blessings first and most cases the blesses alone .

So you can see that all this bless me bless me prosperity preaching is not of God.
It's doctrine of devils.

one of the reasons i dnt argue with you his that you dnt really know the context of a bible chapter that much so stick to your freemason exposed and if i may nt forget i thought you said there was a nigerian pastor who made a crucial mistake that you said were going to expose and plz to avoid the wrath of God dnt ever think E.A ADEBOYE IS A freemason/false prophet like others whch you called so in other to convince weigh him doctrinally and not by some prophecies whch is not his office(calling) but he receives a direct word of knowledge from God and mind you again prophecies may fail if some amendment are done you can read from the bible about nineveh,hezekiah and understand that prophecies can fail and another thing is that to knw a false prophet is not only by hand signs and symbols like you do but also doctrinal wise because some who are not do signs at times ignorantly.
Re: Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? by hisgrace55: 7:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
Point of correction! The type of suffering JESUS was referring to is the suffering all Christian need to undergo in order to proclaim the Kingdom of God on earth. Apostle Paul also was referring to the same thing. Yes, the servant is not greater than the master but, JESUS said, Greater works than this we shall do in His name. Our God is not a poor God and those who are His children can never be poor. John 10:10 KJV
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Matthew 5:10-12 KJV
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [11] Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you , and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. [12] Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Romans 8:31-39 KJV
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? [32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? [33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. [34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. [35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? [36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. [37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. [38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Beloved, according to above scriptures, the suffering Apostle Paul was talking about was not that every Christian should die in poverty. He is talking about the sufferings and challenges we may have to face in order to proclaim the Gospel of salvation to the whole world. Philippians 4:19 KJV
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Note the word, RICHES.

(1) (Reply)

@ CCT Renunciation & Deliverance Brings Freedom Read This / Spiritual Warfare - Via CCT Website / Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.