Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? (22673 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / What Is Tithe? / "Don’t Bring Stolen Money To My Church As Offering!" - Sarah Omakwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by haywire07(m): 8:29am On May 08, 2016
I don't really need to start explaining the importance of tithing.
Of course we all know paying tithe of every income is necessary but I attend a church where every tithe you pay is recorded in a tithe book with a your name boldly written on it .
The motive behind it is definitely not for show off but I don't feel convenient with the fact that the deacons who will count the money would know how much and how regularly I pay my tithe.
Secondly, we tithers are asked to come out every with our tithe book for prayers before dropping it in d tithe box. I feel shy doing that , especially when I think of those girls who will be like "hmmmm, haywire don dey pay tithe , d guy don get money b dat" .. I feel so inconvenient.
The truth is, I've been unable to pay my tithe for a while now, though the cash is intact .

Today is Sunday again and am still bothered.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by DrLee(m): 8:53am On May 08, 2016
Nope. what you choose to pay is between you and GOD.
that is if you pay tithes.

16 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by udysweet(f): 9:12am On May 08, 2016
I'm guessing its Foursquare? That's the one I know dey come out cos that's were I used to attend before?

4 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by haywire07(m): 9:52am On May 08, 2016
udysweet:
I'm guessing its Foursquare? That's the one I know dey come out cos that's were I used to attend before?

Its not foursquare but one of the Pentecostal churches that has been in existence for ages . So u will understand that such practice has also been in existence as a doctrine . I was in fact born in the denomination but still I find it hard to agree with them about the tithe idea

4 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by haywire07(m): 9:55am On May 08, 2016
DrLee:
Nope. what you choose to pay is between you and GOD.

that is if you pay tithes.

I do pay my tithe when I was in d school fellowship and when I attended some other denominations. But now that am back to my mother church. I'm finding it difficult to pay though the cash is still with me .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by nollyway(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2016
Op person no fit keep record for u again grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by fibe: 10:08am On May 08, 2016
not really. to me it's not necessary because it should be between you and God. but why our fathers did that in time past was to keep you in check that you are paying your tithes regularly. because it's very very possible not to be 100% faithful. when there's a bridge in paying for once, you will find it difficult to continue paying. you will keep postponing the payment. hence don't neglect the Faith of our fathers

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by onosprince(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2016
It's not necessary but since its a pattern used in your church you have to follow it.

3 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by XXLDICK(m): 10:09am On May 08, 2016
Not to talk down your belief, but people need that money more, stop giving it to already rich pastors.

Give the less privileged. Thanks

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Biggiestep(m): 10:11am On May 08, 2016
pay up or pay later
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by kinziking(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2016
End time church's
Who them epp?
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 10:12am On May 08, 2016
Creflo dollar was quoted as saying that ig ue had his way he will shoot any christian that doesnt pay tithe

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by mrarranger: 10:13am On May 08, 2016
I was born and brought up (growing) in the Catholic Church and I don't think its a must to pay tithe. Its not monitored and they don't preach much about it. One of the reasons why I love the church.

#teamcatholic

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by pring: 10:15am On May 08, 2016
I don't n will not give my money to an already rich pastor.
I help the needy around me n siblings.
But above all, my parents who saw me through the university.
People now ruch to bible School all to collect 10 percent tithe from people.

10 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by killsmith(f): 10:16am On May 08, 2016
Take your tithe...go to the helpless...or an orphanage....buy gifts...show those kids some love....stop giving your money to pastors...all pastors are criminals....quote me anywhere...

16 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by SweetBoyFriend(m): 10:16am On May 08, 2016
Tithe ??
Who is the money going to ??
I guess the pastor will hand it to God on my behalf

2 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by emmy99(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2016
Though my church uses the tithe booklet you talked about, I dont bother taking it, I just put mine in an envelop and label it as tithe. My tithe is between me and God so why the record.

17 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by worlexy(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2016
Most of what is practised in churches today are not Biblical and non-Christlike. Tithe booklets are just there so that the pastors can monitor your "faithfulness" at paying your tithes. if what I give is between me and God, why should I be monitored by any pastors after all God loves a cheerful giver not those that are compelled to give by pastors chasing you around with Tithe booklets every Sunday or pastors always blackmailing you with Malachi 3:10. Malachi 3 is applicable to churches whom pastors aren't being paid salary by the church and pastors who are not busy buying exotic properties all over the place. The levites are the ones that ought to receive tithes on behalf of God cos even though they are part of Israel, they were not allowed to inherit piece of land in Israel hence there's no way they could farm and eat, their job is solely to serve God and they live within the temple, the only way God could bring food to their tables is to command other tribes of Israel to pay tithe so that his priests could eat( that is why Malachi 3 says bring all the tithes so that there can be FOOD in my house). But nowadays that pastors get paid, buy jets, build mansion, while the church members are impoverished, who should tithes be paid to? And what should tithes be used for? Is it even justifiable to pay tithes? There was mention of tithe in the new testament, mind you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by cynosure489: 10:17am On May 08, 2016
There is alternative

EAT IT!

Deut 14:22 Each year, you shall separate the tithes out of all your crops which spring forth from the earth.
23 And you shall eat these in the sight of the Lord your God, in the place which he will choose, so that his name may be invoked there: the tenth part of your grain and wine and oil, and the firstborn from the herds and your sheep. So may you learn to fear the Lord your God at all times.

15 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 10:18am On May 08, 2016
New scam technique. You could feel intimidated if your accumulated tithe isn't top notch hence u wld endeavour to increase and pay your tithe regularly. Hehe, pastors are creating new methods of scamming their members. As for me ehnn, I would rather support the less privileges than give one pastor my money.

8 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 10:19am On May 08, 2016
Aka financial slavery card.

8 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by haywire07(m): 10:20am On May 08, 2016
XXLDICK:
Not to talk down your belief, but people need that money more, stop giving it to already rich pastors.

Give the less privileged. Thanks

killsmith:
Take your tithe...go to the helpless...or an orphanage....buy gifts...show those kids some love....stop giving your money to pastors...all pastors are criminals....quote me anywhere...

Its not a one-man church . It has branches worldwide and am certain this tithes are used to pay the large number of pastors and missionaries in the field.
I don't have problem how the tithe is spent . I leave that to God .
My only problem is why do they have to keep records of how much I've been paying ?

3 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 10:21am On May 08, 2016
killsmith:
They won't listen .

3 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by cuteraeh(m): 10:21am On May 08, 2016
very necessary to keep records
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Sunnycliff(m): 10:22am On May 08, 2016
Na all this tithe cards that makes people to show avarice to paying of tithes! When the pastors are more interested in tithes than the Mission God has sent them for!

I personally won't collect that tithe card, it's between me and my God and no minister should chaperone me on it! Abi Pastor Don turn to God?

Tithe is the word of God, like every other law of God it's not a force to obey but a day of recompense for every action of man is coming!

If you like you pay your tithe if you like you do otherwise! God has the final say of Judgement!

3 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Nobody: 10:23am On May 08, 2016
haywire07:

Its not a one-man church . It has branches worldwide and am certain this tithes are used to pay the large number of pastors and missionaries in the field.
I don't have problem how the tithe is spent . I leave that to God .
My only problem is why do they have to keep records of how much I've been paying ?
Then you have a problem with it ,if not you will continue to pay and don't bother complaining .
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by okoi001(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2016
The reason why your tithe is recorded on the tithe book is for you to have record of your progress. If God is increasing you financially or static or decreasing. It makes you feel and know God is working in your life well

coming out is just and additional blessing poured to you by the pastor.

5 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by uboma(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2016
ollah1:
New scam technique. You could feel intimidated if your accumulated tithe isn't top notch hence u wld endeavour to increase and pay your tithe regularly. Hehe, pastors are creating new methods of scamming their members. As for me ehnn, I would rather support the less privileges than give one pastor my money.

I share same sentiments.
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by pring: 10:25am On May 08, 2016
cynosure489:
There is alternative

EAT IT!

Deut 14:22 Each year, you shall separate the tithes out of all your crops which spring forth from the earth.
23 And you shall eat these in the sight of the Lord your God, in the place which he will choose, so that his name may be invoked there: the tenth part of your grain and wine and oil, and the firstborn from the herds and your sheep. So may you learn to fear the Lord your God at all times.
Bad bussiness.
Pastors will never read this part of the bible.

8 Likes

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by Checked86: 10:25am On May 08, 2016
Some people will leave their gate man hungry and carry money go pay tithe.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by VocalWalls: 10:27am On May 08, 2016
It's how they want it.
No body is forced to stay committed to any particular church and their mode of operation.
How TO Make Your Painted Walls Shine Longer
Re: Is Tithe Card Necessary Like We Can Find In My Church? by okoi001(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2016
pring:
I don't n will not give my money to an already rich pastor.
I help the needy around me n siblings.
But above all, my parents who saw me through the university.
People now ruch to bible School all to collect 10 percent tithe from people.

you are getting it wrong. Maybe you are just a christian for its sake. Read your bible well, get to know what it speaks about paying your tithe. Read the book of Malachi.
It is between you and God, not with your pastor. Be smart since you went to school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kukah To Buhari: Nigerians Didnt Vote You To Blame Jonathan / Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons / How To Be Sexually Pure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.