Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9157670 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

You'd have to install your device drivers.
Link pls
NB: my phone continuously turning it self on after abt 30sesc in fastboot mode

Pls help me

Reply ur mail pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ealiserwest:
Abeg i need trusted power bank seller on NL..

Protein0, you still into power banks?
I've got a customer for ya. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
What i did to unlock bootloader is
•Created an mi account on my phone(in settings), logged into miui forum and created a nickname(username)

•Then i applied for bootloader unlock approval on this site http://en.miui.com/unlock/ using the latest chrome browser for proper Chinese translation to english.. i clicked unlock now to then input the same mi account i created on the phone and also gave the same nickname (note it will open forum, just go back and click unlock now again from the above site you will now see d application form site)

• I then put my name which is thesame as my nickname or username then i gave my reason for unlocking, dont copy someone's reason but you can get point frm there ( my reason was i wana use i wana use apps from my old phone the requires root like titanium backup and i feel stranded cus i need d apps and also i wana try new miui roms as they are released and also people are encouraged to get same device as me cus of d way i use it then i thanked them at d end) i got approved in less than 10mins

•Then i waited for 48hours before attempting lock
How to lock when approved
•first of all goto about phone in settings and click on miui version several time to enable developer option when enabled goto additional settings and enable usb debugging and click on mi unlock status and click add account and device when done goto this site http://xiaomiadvices.com/unlock-bootloader-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool/ then download the drivers for your own phone and download miui flash tool copy to pc and install d drivers den install d flash too with its own inbuilt drivers connect ur device when its on for system to install some drivers too just to be clear

•Now download the miuiflash unlock tool from this site http://en.miui.com/unlock/ open it with your system connected to the internet now input thesame account details that was approved and make sure its dsame logged in and linked in your device and wait for official verification dat ur approved if u are u will see the unlock screen, now turn off you phone den press the power button and volume down key to enter fastboot mode, with your system still connected to the internet, connect your device in fastboot to the pc and click unlock... It takes just seconds to unlock

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2018
I ddnt review what i wrote oh i just wrote it like dat cus am kinda busy but read well and u'l get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donfamous(m): 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

And this is the bane of our problem in this country,we are too lazy to read. You'd imagine someone creating a thread on how to check Glo balance when he/she can as well use that same time and data to google it. It's really mind boggling.
I guess you have PhD already reading phone specs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
Frosh and updated dealz

HAPPY NEW YEAR,
Thanks for a wonderful 2017,
Lets make it happen again in 2018 fam!!

Buzz us now...

Express delivery(7-10working days)..

For all newly launched xiaomi products now avail,such as MI 5x,MI A1,REDMI NOTE 5A,note 4x,mi 6,MI max 2,MI note 2,MI mix 1,2,redmi series and other xiaomi phones,one plus ..phones,nokia,zte,huawei,and any other phone model very much avail!! With FREEBIES included(2 tempered glass and one silicon case on every purchase)
Detailed price list below:

(Hot Demand)....
Redmi note 4x 3/32gb:55k(best Seller)...

Mi max 2 4/64gb:89k(battery king)

Mi Max 2 4/64gb:96k(black)

Mi max 2 4/128gb 109k

Mi 6 (6/64gb):150k(super beast)
Redmi 4x
3/32gb:55k(performance king)

Redmi 4x 2/16gb:45k

Mi note 2 (4/64g):126k(sleek beast)

Redmi note 5A .3/32gb:55k(new/hot release,supports 2 sim cards and mem card slot)

Redmi note 5A 2/16gb:49k(new/hot release,supports 2 sim cards and mem card slot)

Redmi note 4x 3/16gb:52k

Redmi 4A 2/16gb:38k

Mi 5x 4/32gb:87.5k

Mi 5x 4/64gb:90k

Redmi 5plus:3/32gb: 73k

Redmi 5plus:4/64gb:83k

(Super solid flagships)

Mi 6(6/64gb):149k

Mi 6(4/64gb):125k

Mi note 3:4/64gb:115k

Mi note 3:6/6/64gb:120k

Mi note 3:6/128gb:128k.

Mi mix 4/128gb:162k.

Mi mix 6/256gb:193k

Mi Mix 2 6/128gb:196k

Mi mix 2 6/64gb: 182k

Mi5s Plus 4/64gb:113k

Mi5s Plus 6/128gb:147k

One plus 5 4/64gb:198k(very limited stock)flagship killer

One plus 5 8+128gb:212k(very limited stock)flagship killer

One plus 5T 6/64:199k

One plus 5T 8/128gb,226k

Earphones

Original Rock Zicron:4k

Xiaomi Capsule:4k

Mi band

Mi Band 2: 12.5k

Contacts on signature to get urz now!!

Dont be left out.
Calls/whatsapp

AlIEXPRESS DEALS!!!(3-4 weeks delivery) with FREEBIES!!

Get your cheap $$$$$$,still avail for all your orders

NOTE 4 GLOBAL VERSION:3/32gb:53k

NOTE 4X:3/32gb:54k

NOTE 4:4/64gb(global version):63000

Note 4x:3/16gb,47500

MI MAX 2:79,950naira

Redmi 4x:2/16gb:43k

Redmi 4x:3/32gb:49k

REDMI 4A:2/32GB:35,500

Redmi note 5A:2/16gb:36k

Redmi note 5A:3/32gb:47k

Redmi 5A:2/16gb 34800

MI A1 (android 1)GLOBAL VERSION 4/32gb,76k

Redmi 5 2/16gb:46.5k

Redmi 5 3/32gb:53k

Redmi 5plus,3/32gb:62k(ships withing 7 days)
Redmi 5plus,3/32gb:59k(ships withing 20 days)....

Redmi 5plus,4/64gb:74k

kindly take note,Aliexpress deals takes 3-4 weeks for delivery......

Very sweet deals.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ochima75(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
stephinnoyewole:

Link pls
NB: my phone continuously turning it self on after abt 30sesc in fastboot mode

Pls help me

Reply ur mail pls

Download and install minimal adb drivers on ur system
Google it up broo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
Fibonacci2526, o thought you've dropped this issue? Forget am abeg.

Gptech,I haven't experienced that WhatsApp ish o. I just discovered that MIUI don add speed dial feature to 8.1.11 ROM version! You noticed that too? I de fear to update tomorrow, make sense no go carry the feature commot! grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
noobody:
Very sweet PROMO LANDING HOT!!!! cool

Brand new sealed in box super redmi note 4x 3/32gb,all black everything,with freebies included,

Selling for 62k!!!! Sharp

5 pieces,grab this exclusive offer now!!!!!!

Freebies include,

360 protective case
2 tempered glass
1 silicon case
1 uk style adapter

Contacts on signature.

Best phone with great value for its money,come pick yours now,

Very limited pieces left.

Calls/whatsapp now!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
noobody:
Just landed!!!!!!

Note 4x/note 4 global version tempered glasses,with super magic liquid to vanish white lines,10 pieces avail,

Call/whatsapp:07051054953

Few pieces left smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
alkines:
abegi Mr.nobody I ordered a phone from aliexpress since 18/12/2017...the tracking code stopped working since 26/12/2017 the last info was "despatched to overseas country NG"...since then I Neva hear or see anything please what's is your advise for me based on your exprience

Tracking code,didnt stop working sir,the item hasnt just landed yet,contact the seller that sold the phone for you on aliexpress,ask him for updates,

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
scotweezy:
Sorry this is coming late. Big ups to @Noobody, got a Xiaomi Redmi note 4x for a friend through him.
I can't post pictures cos the phone didn't pass through me.

Thanks for your continued trust,i appreciate your business sir,and sorry for the little mixup,
Looking forward to do more with you in the future.

Cheers smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
jboixxx:
Fibonacci2526, o thought you've dropped this issue? Forget am abeg.

Gptech,I haven't experienced that WhatsApp ish o. I just discovered that MIUI don add speed dial feature to 8.1.11 ROM version! You noticed that too? I de fear to update tomorrow, make sense no go carry the feature commot! grin

Mo ti gbo sir. I don free am.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
Georgioo:
What i did to unlock bootloader is
•Created an mi account on my phone(in settings), logged into miui forum and created a nickname(username)

•Then i applied for bootloader unlock approval on this site http://en.miui.com/unlock/ using the latest chrome browser for proper Chinese translation to english.. i clicked unlock now to then input the same mi account i created on the phone and also gave the same nickname (note it will open forum, just go back and click unlock now again from the above site you will now see d application form site)

• I then put my name which is thesame as my nickname or username then i gave my reason for unlocking, dont copy someone's reason but you can get point frm there ( my reason was i wana use i wana use apps from my old phone the requires root like titanium backup and i feel stranded cus i need d apps and also i wana try new miui roms as they are released and also people are encouraged to get same device as me cus of d way i use it then i thanked them at d end) i got approved in less than 10mins

•Then i waited for 48hours before attempting lock
How to lock when approved
•first of all goto about phone in settings and click on miui version several time to enable developer option when enabled goto additional settings and enable usb debugging and click on mi unlock status and click add account and device when done goto this site http://xiaomiadvices.com/unlock-bootloader-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool/ then download the drivers for your own phone and download miui flash tool copy to pc and install d drivers den install d flash too with its own inbuilt drivers connect ur device when its on for system to install some drivers too just to be clear

•Now download the miuiflash unlock tool from this site http://en.miui.com/unlock/ open it with your system connected to the internet now input thesame account details that was approved and make sure its dsame logged in and linked in your device and wait for official verification dat ur approved if u are u will see the unlock screen, now turn off you phone den press the power button and volume down key to enter fastboot mode, with your system still connected to the internet, connect your device in fastboot to the pc and click unlock... It takes just seconds to unlock

Thank you very much... But all this long thing just to unlock my phone's boot? No.. I'll rather leave it closed... after all, I have no intention of putting anything there. grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2018
eleojo23:

Thank you very much... But all this long thing just to unlook my phone's boot? No.. I'll rather leave it closed... after all, I have no intention of putting anything there. grin
cheesy Lol.. my explanation too long but d process easy wel wel no go even take 10mins but if you are not comfortable with it just free am... Me don tey wey i de do all dis things so its not new to me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
eleojo23:

Thank you very much... But all this long thing just to unlook my phone's boot? No.. I'll rather leave it closed... after all, I have no intention of putting anything there. grin
You won't keep gcam there? grin Me go still root am mine for gcam o, I no just wan try am yet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
Georgioo:

cheesy Lol.. my explanation too long but d process easy wel wel no go even take 10mins but if you are not comfortable with it just free am... Me don tey wey i de do all dis things so its not new to me
I de follow you for back jare. Don't mind eleojo23.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
Yomboy4ever:

I just tried it on an infinix phone I got H+ but the browsing still slow .

Make sure your Xiaomi isn't set to 4G only coz the problem seems to be that Glo has turned off 4G temporarily. Better still use manual network search to find the 4G network if you even see it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
Gptech:
henry007, you have been noticed, still don't know the point you're trying to prove, you sound like someone on a mission lately, what would that be? You said something about the K7 versus Redmi note 4x but didn't say anything about the Redmi note 4x versus the Camon cx,still waiting for you to say something or maybe the k7 is actually better than the Camon cx grin, don't know why this issue is still here today, glad to stretch it further a bit cheesy.

If the K7 camera bested the RN 4X that i never even expected, is there any need to go on arguing about Camon CX camera. I just don't get why y'all are attacking someone for saying the truth. Is it the small market that you're selling that is making you people hate the truth. Pls even if you want to stan for a brand, stan with sense. You are a Nigerian.

noobody:

My point exactly,he is on a mission,his sudden interest lately,very suspicious,does notin but to hate upandan,if we can stop replying the bros,mk he dey rant on ehn own,honestly,he has no other job of recent,as dem nor gree release new phone wey he go review,he is paid to do all this shii,
No one in there normal 100% sense would see all dis facts and still keeo arguing blindly,only those paid to market do this kind of shii.

Well i got a Xiaomi Mi band 2 and that heightened my interest in Xiaomi products. The smart band is amazing!

Protein0:
no, his recent interest is really nice. You know those feelings you have when you are sure of your facts cheesy
I challenge Henry007 to send a new tecno k7 to a mutually agreed techie while I will send a new xiaomi redmi note 4x too, for an head to head comparison. However, if he's unable to take up this challenge, we all know the meaning.
In another news, BRING YOUR XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4X/4 FOR SWAP WITH TECNO K7. Contact on signature kiss

This contest does not make so much sense coz 1.) both phones are in the same price range. and 2.) someone neutral already shared photo evidence of both and 3.) What are we winning from the well ochestrated comparison - Nothing.

If you have money for Xiaomi RN 4, you won't be looking at K7 at all.

Protein0:
Good morning fellas.
It seems I missed the camera talks. There are absolutely more to the camera samples posted by donfamous. Just as if it's not the note 4x I know. I challenge you to provide the k7 to a famous NLer who stays in Lagos and can do a camera comparison with a note 4x I will arrange in Lagos too. A tecno Stan once created a thread on a similar topic in the past and we all know the sequela. Gptech did a camera comparison with a supposed camera-targetted model of the tecno and we all saw.
To sum up, we all know the selling points and Achilles heels of samsung, iPhone, LG, Motorola, and some other smartphone giants. Tecno, let's assume is a smartphone producer too, has what selling points? Don't let's ask for its downs undecided

He's not the first user to tell us that the RN 4X camera is poor. The first guy might have over exagerrated a lil, some were just disappointed and seeking ways to improve it but donfamous didn't even say it was poor he just provided us comparison pictures yet you people are angry, even using style to insult him on top of the phone that he bought with his own money. Is it military regime you people are running on this thread?

Ochima75:

I no even dey commot my note4x 4 public pics ooh coz na dsgrace i no dey ff any1 drag note 4x on camera basic bt build processor nd oda stuffs i fit drag

But all in all no fone without flaws
freebuddy:
Good day all,

Any tips to improve redmi phones camera performance in low light conditions? Will appreciate it big time.

The photos don't come out well at all in low light conditions. Also very disappointing wherever there is shadow or if the person or object you're taking is backing the sun or a light source.

Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2018
jboixxx:

You won't keep gcam there? grin Me go still root am mine for gcam o, I no just wan try am yet.

OK o cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 18, 2018
Georgioo:

http://en.miui.com/thread-200858-1-1.html
Read through this thread first

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
Georgioo:

http://en.miui.com/thread-200858-1-1.html
Read through this thread first

I've read part of it. The link for the first process is no longer available, so I wonder how that tallys with rest of the instructions in that link.

Please try and post a step by step process of how you went about it. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2018
scotweezy:

Bros recheck oo! Na another person you quote.

E be like sey sleep don dey gptech eyes that time cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
noobody:

The way some people compare camera pix quality is so so so wrong,once dem snap pix,dem see say dem saturate one pass one,its automatically the best,not considering some major yardsticks,

@gptech has thrashed dis issue way way back,not anyones fault dey dont know how to use there camera thou.

Sadly,they all shout the camera is bad,but still would not dump the xiaomi in favour of a better camera phone,

Confused souls

The most objective way to compare cameras is to use default settings on both and snap the same still object within seconds of each other. Anyone that says otherwise is not an objective person because default settings is how majority of users would use the camera.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
Nipost tracking bursted grin

http://en.trackitonline.ru/

Anytime them dey track item for me,na dis site dem dey use as well grin grin
E get another one dat one i cudnt copy the webadress well,it was showing figures and dots,
I go calm down teif dat one next grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
henry007:

The most objective way to compare cameras is to use default settings on both and snap the same still object within seconds of each other. Anyone that says otherwise is not an objective person because default settings is how majority of users would use the camera.

Bros,i accept,you win,can we please move on,

Aren't you bored already?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Na only for this country we wan make our 60k get us powerful processor, 10000mah battery, dslr like camera quality, water resistant, 2k display,a dedicated sd slot and not too bulky device. LOL.

Someone compared his 60k phone to a 30K phone and the 30K phone camera did better. I challenge any marketer to tell me the flaws of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X

noobody:

Ouch!!my bad,

I just want all dis arguements about camera is good or bad to come to an end,

Lets get back.to what the thread is meant for,for the past 5 pages now,no headway,na so so camera arguement nd one oda marketer trying to gain relevance,

Let this be the end of all this talk talk,

Befor anyone makes a descsion to buy there next xiaomi phone,read up reviews as many as you can,watvh videos,get all.the flaws and good sides,if you are 100% satisfied make.your purchase,but dont come back to the thread to cry about ur camera,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2018
nasrojee:
Uhans i8 Vs Xiaomi Redmi 5

Similarity: 4G, Dual SIM, Display, Resolution, OTG, Navigation

Uhans i8 better than Xiaomi Redmi 5: Memory, Storage, cameras, battery, Face ID, Type-C and price

Xiaomi Redmi 5 better than Uhans i8: CPU, Operating System

Winner: Uhans i8

Xiaomi has brand value, Uhans does not. It's worth knowing before making that plunge.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2018
scotweezy:
My humble opinion on this Xiaomi Redmi Note 4's camera matter is that the sensor is very okay but Xiaomi's algorithm is very very shitty evident from samples gotten with the use of the GCam mod.
I initially made up my mind not to root but as it stands me I can't miss the awesomeness of the GCam mod.
For me the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4's camera as it is on my phone is not okay and I am not necessarily comparing with other phones.

Nobody should be attacked based on their opinion on what they bought with their hard earned money and if you must kindly do constructively.

And we must also put in mind this is a public forum, it is nobody's own except 'Seun' who created it grin

Conclusion; if you ain't okay with the camera output, find a way to tweak the phone by following instructions succinctly to avoid stories that touch.

#My2kobo opinion.

I actually know nothing about Gcam and people have been talking about it but pls can you take a picture before the Gcam and after the Gcam setup so we can compare. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Georgioo(m): 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2018
jboixxx:

I de follow you for back jare. Don't mind eleojo23.

He no de adventurous, na so i go take collect im babe grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
Georgioo:

Seriously u dnt have to be rude with all your reply, if people wan buy xiaomi dem go buy weda dem talk bad about am or not, u are starting to sound like a fanboy or a bias seller which i dnt think you are... Redmi note 4/4x camera can be better thats it, i love d phone just d camera is d let down and dis midrange una de talk, gionee a1 lite has a great camera but its 65k, giving a phone snap 625 is not enough but we know they cant put everything inside cus of future market, but dat one no mean say person no go talk abi no be xiaomi thread be this? D guys on xda dnt react to complain and comparisons like this they even concure and den look for d way foward.

True look at Apple fanboys regretting all the nonsense stanning. Apple is now doing the most. Objective feedback is how they bring better devices. The first TECNO device i owned, the phantom A has a shit camera and now we're comparing their low end K7's camera with that of a midrange RN 4X. They got there through feedback and they still have along way to go tbh. Honestly, this is why i review phones, they need to know when the improvement is worth buying on not, i even said it in my Infinix Note 4 video that there's no upgrade from Note 3 so no need to buy. Honesty is the best policy.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
careytommy7:

I've read part of it. The link for the first process is no longer available, so I wonder how that tallys with rest of the instructions in that link.

Please try and post a step by step process of how you went about it. Thanks

Check @jboixxx signature.
Every link to how to tweak any Xiaomi device is there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.