Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9160772 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ugonna1054(m): 2:11am On Mar 25, 2018
Youngsage:

hehehe grin

Already did. wink

Had a bit of skepticism ab initio, but went ahead nevertheless. Haven't tried any games on it yet though...
Yeah, the camera is not bad actually. So far, so good.

p.s: RN5A Prime tempered glass needed asap! Any help?

Needed here too, currently using a random glass protector..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ugonna1054(m): 2:14am On Mar 25, 2018
Oyetboy:

Jaja boy grin
grin grin tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ugonna1054(m): 2:16am On Mar 25, 2018
henry007:

What phone are you using?
Redmi note 5A prime
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:38am On Mar 25, 2018
OneKinGuy:
guys is this ok?
Bad network
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:46am On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:
Good evening all. I just got the redmi 5A prime of jumia. Very nice phone,but my problem is that the battery percentage drops every 3 minutes,
I want to know if this is normal because no matter what I'm doing as long as the screen is on it will drop a percentage every 3 minutes. I've already contacted jumia for a return / warranty exchange.

Battery drops faster when the two Sims are on 3G. Switch data sim to 4G and leave the other on 3G or 2G. Use
*#*#4636#*#* select the sim you want to switch to 3G or 2G and go to select network type. Set to wcdma or gsm

Battery also drops faster when you are outdoors and screen brightness is high.

Go to settings / permissions / autostart. You should only enable a few apps like whatsapp. Uncheck Facebook and messenger from the list

Go to settings /about phone and take a screen shot

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 2:46am On Mar 25, 2018
Double post.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 2:48am On Mar 25, 2018
AXYZ:

I later observed it. Thanks for the correction

Ps. My screen seems to taking much %. I have a pending update. Should I carry on?
Your screen might be too bright.

CLICK ON SCREEN TO SEE THE SOT.

i like to read feedback before updates though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 2:49am On Mar 25, 2018
Double post
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ThePrekky(m): 4:24am On Mar 25, 2018
Gptech:

This is really funny oooo, they are very correct jare, check the size of the pictures they are usually over 5mb, that's what Megapixel is mostly for grin. Megapixel hunters, take note.

If you want to get a good camera, check Google, you'll understand. Megapixel should be almost the last thing you should look out for.
Megapixels are only important if you want to zoom your picture in and crop off the very smallest details while retaining quality to a good enough degree.

OR

If you're in the advertising industry and usually blow up your pictures into billboard/ sign board sizes.

If these 2 aren't your cup of tea, then leave megapixels aside whenever you're looking for good camera phones.

Also all these people that leave their camera settings in beauty mode and expect it to shine, I dunno what your plans are. I used a friend's galaxy s8 front cam to snap last week and wanted to vomit till I noticed he didn't set any better thing there. It was almost as bland as my 2mp galaxy note 4 front camera, but for some reason he was enjoying it with all the washed out settings that made people look like they applied foundation under brown powder. Most girls love it like this too

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ThePrekky(m): 4:32am On Mar 25, 2018
Also remember that your camera output can only look as good as your screen resolution and pixel density makes it look.

If I snap with iPhone x and transfer it to someone using redmi 5a, they won't look the same (even tho they are exactly the same picture). So take that into consideration when judging how good your camera is. How good is your screen first?? How much details does it let you see at a glance?

Is it S-AMOLED or IPS? (Most people prefer the punchier amoled, I inclusive) These things affect how the pictures produced appear to your eye

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:36am On Mar 25, 2018
ThePrekky:
Also remember that your camera output can only look as good as your screen resolution and pixel density makes it look.

If I snap with iPhone x and transfer it to someone using redmi 5a, they won't look the same (even tho they are exactly the same picture). So take that into consideration when judging how good your camera is. How good is your screen first?? How much details does it let you see at a glance?

Is it S-AMOLED or IPS? (Most people prefer the punchier amoled, I inclusive) These things affect how the pictures produced appear to your eye

They are the same set of people who sleep in class. They will come here and argue otherwise

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:18am On Mar 25, 2018
ThePrekky:

Megapixels are only important if you want to zoom your picture in and crop off the very smallest details while retaining quality to a good enough degree.

OR

If you're in the advertising industry and usually blow up your pictures into billboard/ sign board sizes.

If these 2 aren't your cup of tea, then leave megapixels aside whenever you're looking for good camera phones.

Also all these people that leave their camera settings in beauty mode and expect it to shine, I dunno what your plans are. I used a friend's galaxy s8 front cam to snap last week and wanted to vomit till I noticed he didn't set any better thing there. It was almost as bland as my 2mp galaxy note 4 front camera, but for some reason he was enjoying it with all the washed out settings that made people look like they applied foundation under brown powder. Most girls love it like this too
Well said, I wonder if those peeps that claim front cameras are great, ever view them on Pcs. Also the so called beautify = loss of details, ladies sha grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:20am On Mar 25, 2018
GrandMufti:

They are the same set of people who sleep in class. They will come here and argue otherwise
Just like many of our current leaders dey do then, now see where dem land us.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 6:48am On Mar 25, 2018
bolakale30:
1k sir, where is your location?
no 2k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 6:50am On Mar 25, 2018
humblesteve:
What are you selling
KZ-ED2 earpiece
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phayteprecious1(f): 6:52am On Mar 25, 2018
GrandMufti:

Iffa catch you ehn....... you go hear wean

Settings /lock screen and password / add fingerprint

So aunty don codedly buy this phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bolakale30(m): 6:54am On Mar 25, 2018
Lkj20:
no 2k
is it new? And where is your location?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lkj20: 6:59am On Mar 25, 2018
bolakale30:
is it new? And where is your location?
yeah, Ibadan/Ogbomoso
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:59am On Mar 25, 2018
@iamspeedracer also disable WiFi scanning always on, that thing dey chop battery. You should be able to find it under Wifi- scanning settings. Follow the instructions you have been given earlier, should have improved battery life. It is a good device, don't let anyone discourage you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 7:04am On Mar 25, 2018
someone should pls drop a review on miui v9.5 on RN4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrWaters: 7:27am On Mar 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Yup.
how reliable are they?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 7:34am On Mar 25, 2018
henry007:

Yw

Which one did you swap after trying to fix it, do you mean warranty actually worked?

Yes it did
They activated the warranty
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 7:39am On Mar 25, 2018
ugonna1054:
Redmi note 5A prime

Sorry to disturb you. Pls how long does your battery last before it drops a percentage. Mine is currently doing 4 mins since I switched to 3G.
Charged it to 100 through out the night and immediately I put it on it fell back to 99/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 7:43am On Mar 25, 2018
GrandMufti:

Battery drops faster when the two Sims are on 3G. Switch data sim to 4G and leave the other on 3G or 2G. Use
*#*#4636#*#* select the sim you want to switch to 3G or 2G and go to select network type. Set to wcdma or gsm

Battery also drops faster when you are outdoors and screen brightness is high.

Go to settings / permissions / autostart. You should only enable a few apps like whatsapp. Uncheck Facebook and messenger from the list

Go to settings /about phone and take a screen shot

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by funkyjms: 7:48am On Mar 25, 2018
Mrlastborn:
someone should pls drop a review on miui v9.5 on RN4

We are waiting for yours now tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 7:51am On Mar 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:
@iamspeedracer also disable WiFi scanning always on, that thing dey chop battery. You should be able to find it under Wifi- scanning settings. Follow the instructions you have been given earlier, should have improved battery life. It is a good device, don't let anyone discourage you.

Thanks. I've done that. I know it's a very nice device. I just don't want this to be like a build quality issue cos I've experienced something similar with my previous infinix.
Since there's no Xiaomi office in Nigeria I'm trying to play it safe.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 8:02am On Mar 25, 2018
I think the problem is from the screen. When it's not on, the battery drain is not much. Once it comes on then I start dropping percentage anyhow
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lojekunle: 8:03am On Mar 25, 2018
Hello geeks In the house I have been trying to get my font and themes back.. Since yesterday after the upgrade all efforts has resulted to nothing.. How can I get it back.. Really confused right now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:
I think the problem is from the screen. When it's not on, the battery drain is not much. Once it comes on then I start dropping percentage anyhow

I put the phone on around 730. Its 8 o clock and I've already lost 10% battery life
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:17am On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

I put the phone on around 730. Its 8 o clock and I've already lost 10% battery life

That's not normal. Factory reset pls.

Or better still update your phone to the latest version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkMagic(m): 9:05am On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Why is urs draining bad bad
See my SOT
Took 46mins to drop from 100% to 96%
Although I was on WiFi the whole time

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrReeseG(m): 9:08am On Mar 25, 2018
jboixxx:

Nothing outta ordinary; just normal SIM installation.

Sim installation? You just put the sim and it worked? Or you did some tweaks?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MakelemiJnr(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.