Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9129542 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) ... (9311) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 5:14am On Jul 19, 2018
OversightTM:

I got from Ifedith yesterday. Sleek phone for not so much.
Thanks bro, you can count on me anytime wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mrakin(m): 5:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Good morning

This is to announce that XIAOMI brand is very good

The battery life is ok.

Nice design

Quality phone.

I just got the least of all the phone REDMI 5A

it is way better than so many phones I have used.

Thank you for all comments.

All I need is glass and rubber pouch. I need it fast please help suggest where to buy

Thanks

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DrollyForce(m): 5:52am On Jul 19, 2018
Thanks guys for the replies so far.. Has anyone managed to place a voice call to other networks from ntel. I could only place a call to ntel customer care. Via the 4g HD.
When I called the care, I was informed that I should be able to call other providers with the volte.

Thanks

Cc fibonacci2526 gptech GrandMufti
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:14am On Jul 19, 2018
takxus:
I understand. I'm sorry. the thing is I did not put the magisk.zip and lazyflasher.zip in the internal storage before flashing. that's why I can't continue with the process. just help me abeg

Can you still boot into twrp? If yes, download and transfer the zip files into an SD card and flash those zips after formatting data or you can also flash the zips via adb sideload. First the SuperSU or magisk followed by the lazy flasher.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:32am On Jul 19, 2018
DrollyForce:
Thanks guys for the replies so far.. Has anyone managed to place a voice call to other networks from ntel. I could only place a call to ntel customer care. Via the 4g HD.
When I called the care, I was informed that I should be able to call other providers with the volte.

Thanks

Really dunno as my ntel Sim is in my mifi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ochima75(m): 6:39am On Jul 19, 2018
stinville:

Yeah, I did that already and it still pops

Go to settings >> installed apps>> WhatsApp>> notification>> and disable floating notification
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 7:03am On Jul 19, 2018
Day of the Max cheesy, hoping Xiaomi will launch SD710 pro today too. Make dem no delay that one ó
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirLanko1: 7:10am On Jul 19, 2018
maclawrence02:

Same question going through my mind. Jumia price is cheaper currently 70k for redmi note 5 4/64g variant. Are there any difference with the ones sold here by our in house dealers?

You'll get free delivery if you are in Lagos, Abuja and PH. Also get 5% off if you pay through JumiaPay.

I made my order day before yesterday in the evening and yesterday when I tracked, it's already in Abuja. I hope delivery will be today. I can't wait.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2018
XDA-Developers: Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is here – Specifications, Pricing, and Availability.
https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-max-3-specifications-pricing-availability/
Finally
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:18am On Jul 19, 2018
busuyi44:
XDA-Developers: Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is here – Specifications, Pricing, and Availability.
https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-max-3-specifications-pricing-availability/
Finally

Seems the talk of the pro version was way off the mark.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirLanko1: 7:28am On Jul 19, 2018
Hello house, I never get my phone oh, but I want to ask, as all what I've been reading here is somehow.

Must you root your xiaomi phone before you enjoy it?
Can one continue to get proper update through OTA without unlocking the bootloader?
Are xiaomi official OTA update not good enough?

Please I need answers. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 7:28am On Jul 19, 2018
busuyi44:
Finally

Good. Let's go there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:31am On Jul 19, 2018
SirLanko1:
Hello house, I never get my phone oh, but I want to ask, as all what I've been reading here is somehow.

Can one continue to get proper update through OTA without unlocking the bootloader?

1.No
2.Yes
3. Good enough but some people like to tinker and push their phones to the limit hence the reason they root.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2018
SirLanko1:

No, you don't need to ROOT it before you can enjoy it, but it just makes the experience wider.
With a LOCKED BOOTLOADER you will receive updates till kingdom come and a LOCKED BOOTLOADER even makes your Device extra secure.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 7:36am On Jul 19, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Seems the talk of the pro version was way off the mark.

This screenshot from TENAA is actually the genesis of talks of a pro version. And it seems a bit credible. I guess Xiaomi MIGHT launch the pro at a later date, the trick might be to give the regular version some time in the market before bringing on the Pro.

We'll know better with time either way

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2018
busuyi44:
Finally

The bezels at the top and bottom should have been slimmer IMHO
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2018
DrollyForce:

Thanks

Did you subscribe to a voice plan?

You usually have free minutes for ntel to ntel calls.

You need to subscribe to a voice plan, theirs is not like the other telcos that you just use the credit on the line to call........
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adekayo1234(m): 7:55am On Jul 19, 2018
This express shipping of a thing is just Bs... ordered my xiaomi from a trusted seller here about 17days ago and yet phone never arrive. Package has been ob hold for the past 3 days now in lagos....it's really annoying paying so much for a faster delivery only to get a snail delivery.
For anyone ordering pls avoid express delivery...its total bs

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 19, 2018
Me I'll cry oh eh, please I need a very good case my xiaomi mi a1, not 360case oh!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlahwaley(m): 8:06am On Jul 19, 2018
Does redmi 5 plus come with notification light and front flash?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:09am On Jul 19, 2018
oxygenlove:
Gat good glo reception in my area.... Buh am aint getting 3g for somedays now...checked ma friends fone they all have 3g.. did i need settings or wat? (New on glo ooo) sad

Switch to LTE and switch back to 3G. Or reboot.

You might need to create a new apn if you use glosecure
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Harryfrosh: 8:10am On Jul 19, 2018
Jessewhyte:
Me I'll cry oh eh, please I need a very good case my xiaomi mi a1, not 360case oh!!
you can order for that.....I ordered for ordinary iPad cable through Noobody and it was delivered within 10 days

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:11am On Jul 19, 2018
adekayo1234:
This express shipping of a thing is just Bs... ordered my xiaomi from a trusted seller here about 17days ago and yet phone never arrive. Package has been ob hold for the past 3 days now in lagos....it's really annoying paying so much for a faster delivery only to get a snail delivery.

Calm down bro.
People have been using the express delivery option without any complaints.
This is just a peculiar case.
Just be patient, I believe everything will be sorted out and you will share your testimony soon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:11am On Jul 19, 2018
macbeyland:
UPDATE! UPDATE!!

The following phones are currently available for instant buy

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 black (69k)

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 64gb black, global version from factory (82k)

3 pieces of gold color xiaomi redmi note 5 64 gb global version from factory (77k)

1 piece of Xiaomi redmi note 5 gold color, global version from factory (68k)

Call now on 08062907289 to book yours.

Tempered glasses available.

Both global version and global rom installed available

Delivery to Lagos, Abuja, Akure, Calabar, Onitsha, Enugu, Agbor, Bayelsa within 24 hours.

AliExpress Deals Available

Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 3/32gb 54k
Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 4/64gb 62k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 3/32gb 63k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 4/64gb 73k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 3/32gb 61k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 4/64gb 69k

2-3 weeks delivery time

Call or watsapp on 08062907289 to book yours.

wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2018
DrollyForce:

Thanks

Only ntel supports volte, that was why you were able to call their cc using volte.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Harryfrosh: 8:16am On Jul 19, 2018
My phone battery is %99 since yesterday afternoon...even though I never on the data...but I've been listening to music all day with the headset and calls...just only %1 deduction.... Greenify application is really doing a good job...download the application and make sure you set it to help you hibernate unuse application...you'll like your phone battery more.... I downloaded the app yesterday afternoon after factory reset and since then...my battery is more than good...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2018
adekayo1234:

You should be praying it's not with custom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by unite4real: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2018
First deal with Noobody and i am extremely excited. My Redmi 5 Plus arrived yesterday. Awesome guy and very legit. Boss, thank you. Integrity is key in business and he has shown that. Big ups man.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 8:36am On Jul 19, 2018
adekayo1234:

Yours is most likely a one-off, such doesn't happen much with the resellers on this platform, kindly be patient
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 8:37am On Jul 19, 2018
Harryfrosh:
My phone battery is %99 since yesterday afternoon...even though I never on the data...but I've been listening to music all day with the headset and calls...just only %1 deduction.... Greenify application is really doing a good job...download the application and make sure you set it to help you hibernate unuse application...you'll like your phone battery more.... I downloaded the app yesterday afternoon after factory reset and since then...my battery is more than good...

U sure sey ur battery indicator never hang?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by slye(m): 8:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Jessewhyte:
oya now, let's deal now.... your number please....
08036805325. Call/Whatsapp

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:40am On Jul 19, 2018
adekayo1234:

Relax na, sometimes there are certain factors one can't control.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3171) (3172) (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) ... (9311) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yemike(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.