Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,829 members, 7,798,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9128064 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (9311) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Emaminaj, sorry i've not been able to reply your PM. My phone isn't available atm, but saw d notification no my Nairaland page. Hopefully, will respond tomorrow.
My apologies
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:

Sorry it took awhile guys. I've been in love with KATE grin grin (REDMI NOTE 3 SPECIAL EDITION)

I got the phone from Awgu post office on Monday 11:35am.I never knew the post office still functions sef, thanks to jboixxx and stormyweather for the tips and encourage. Left to me, I'd have gone to town. The man at the post office didn't even waste time, I bought him just #200 recharge card, even though He never expected it. I fell in love immediately i opened the package

Fast forward, I love the interface and the sound quality. Nepa showed love by allowing me charge it full.

BATTERY
On Tuesday morning, I unplugged the phone 3:04am it was on 100% and I had to plug on 5% by 18:26PM
And this is the analysis
Screen on Time : 6hours 36minutes
I was on H+ all through
Single sim and memory card for about 9hours
Then i had to remove memory and insert another sim till the time i charged.
Calls made and received was 1hour 30mins +
Play music for couple of minutes
Tethered for 20mins
And during average usage I lost 10% in 1hour

Charging time from 75% to 100% was 1hour 10mins
It was heated slightly while charging. But it got better

CAMERA
The camera is average not wow
The front camera is quite hilarious though with the AGE estimate ish
Nothing much to say about it.

CONNECTIVITY
No network coverage hassle, waiting to get to Lagos to tryout LTE . but it was pretty decent

SOUND
It's amazing. Especially the Speaker and when on earpiece Omo mehn, it's like I'm in another world
I don't even use the highest volume
The default music player is good. But it doesn't play all music format. So i had to go with Poweramp with is way better

VIDEO
Honestly, I've not done much on this aspect . It should be okay. The default video player lags and doesn't support subtitle. So my best bet was MX player.

VOICE CALL
I receive calls a lot. Mehn it's amazing . The quality was crispy clear and smooth

EXTRA (GESTURES)
I love the 3 Fingers swipe to take screenshots. Fingerprint print is ins.anely fast
Notification light is nice
And the quick flashlight when screen is lock by holding the home button .

Don't let me bore you guys . That's all for now .

Special Thanks to Stormyweather for making this possible @jboixxx always here to answer my questions
Fibonacci2526, Grandmufti, Gptech wheezyoung (your kicks arrival gave me the ginger to visit the post office that morning and every other person on this group .God bless you all, I am finally a XIAOMIST grin

How did u paid for poweramp?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
GrandMufti:

Yes. I received it last week. You fit order your own na? Or you want it urgently?
Not urgently. but I am interested. location will determine though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:
errm, scratches head. I used the new card to appeal the old card. grin with lengthy explanation. lol
Thank God it worked. No more appeal except if you attempt using another card to fund ur AliPocket, I believe.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2017
princetom1:

How did u paid for poweramp?
i have the unlocker :x
didn't know it was paid sef. I love free stuffs *covers face* I can send it though . it's just 72KB

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
jboixxx:

Thank God it worked. No more appeal except if you attempt using another card to fund ur AliPocket, I believe.
I hope so too. thank you very kindly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:
Not urgently. but I am interested. location will determine though
Don't know what you have in mind but I believe you can negotiate the shipping (NIPOST is 600)!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:
didn't know it was paid sef. I love free stuffs *covers face* I can send it though . it's just 72KB

send to
bensontomson@yahoo.com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:
You have the unlocked version or you used the unlocker to unlock after download? Ama come for tutorial after receiving ma item.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
jboixxx:
Emaminaj, sorry i've not been able to reply your PM. My phone isn't available atm, but saw d notification no my Nairaland page. Hopefully, will respond tomorrow.
My apologies

No problem boss...Just that I'm newbie on aliexpress and I have a $10 coupon which I've gotta use before Sunday....Don't want it to waste....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
jboixxx:

You have the unlocked version or you used the unlocker to unlock after download? Ama come for tutorial after receiving ma item.
I used the unlocker to unlock after download.
haha, anything for you boss .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
emaminaj:

No problem boss...Just that I'm newbie on aliexpress and I have a $10 coupon which I've gotta use before Sunday....Don't want it to waste....
Feel free to post here too as I get bosses here that knows better. Nevertheless, will buzz you as soon as I get my device, hopefully, tomorrow morning.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
!My Oga nochious123, I c u!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
princetom1:

send to bensontomson@yahoo.com
sent sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
jboixxx:

Don't know what you have in mind but I believe you can negotiate the shipping (NIPOST is 600)!
hmm. true
maybe that's what i will do eventually. Ish is, for the next 21days I will be on the move (tour) so where to send it is the main ish. or who to pick up for me . I will talk to him personally sha. so we can reach an agreement
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:
sent sir
Don't you experience crashes sometimes,especially when you go deep into settings?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nochious123(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
jboixxx:
House, xaiomi xpressMusic is available for sale! Contact me if you're interested.

What's that bro can i see a pic
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nochious123(m): 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
jboixxx:
!My Oga nochious123, I c u!

I c u too boss, ows u,@oga gptech sorry 4 ur loss o e pain me say Dem go sell am troway bt i pray mke u c am sha... House pls i saw some clean unlocked iphone 6 @ good offers o..nd from stores with good review how una see d thing...e sure abi d reviews and feedbck mke o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 10:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
jboixxx:

Feel free to post here too as I get bosses here that knows better. Nevertheless, will buzz you as soon as I get my device, hopefully, tomorrow morning.

Alryt, Thanks....I appreciate everyone that's been helping me out...

cc rookidmart
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:
sent sir

cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:

Sorry it took awhile guys. I've been in love with KATE grin grin (REDMI NOTE 3 SPECIAL EDITION)

I got the phone from Awgu post office on Monday 11:35am.I never knew the post office still functions sef, thanks to jboixxx and stormyweather for the tips and encourage. Left to me, I'd have gone to town. The man at the post office didn't even waste time, I bought him just #200 recharge card, even though He never expected it. I fell in love immediately i opened the package

Fast forward, I love the interface and the sound quality. Nepa showed love by allowing me charge it full.

BATTERY
On Tuesday morning, I unplugged the phone 3:04am it was on 100% and I had to plug on 5% by 18:26PM
And this is the analysis
Screen on Time : 6hours 36minutes
I was on H+ all through
Single sim and memory card for about 9hours
Then i had to remove memory and insert another sim till the time i charged.
Calls made and received was 1hour 30mins +
Play music for couple of minutes
Tethered for 20mins
And during average usage I lost 10% in 1hour

Charging time from 75% to 100% was 1hour 10mins
It was heated slightly while charging. But it got better

CAMERA
The camera is average not wow
The front camera is quite hilarious though with the AGE estimate ish
Nothing much to say about it.

CONNECTIVITY
No network coverage hassle, waiting to get to Lagos to tryout LTE . but it was pretty decent

SOUND
It's amazing. Especially the Speaker and when on earpiece Omo mehn, it's like I'm in another world
I don't even use the highest volume
The default music player is good. But it doesn't play all music format. So i had to go with Poweramp with is way better

VIDEO
Honestly, I've not done much on this aspect . It should be okay. The default video player lags and doesn't support subtitle. So my best bet was MX player.

VOICE CALL
I receive calls a lot. Mehn it's amazing . The quality was crispy clear and smooth

EXTRA (GESTURES)
I love the 3 Fingers swipe to take screenshots. Fingerprint print is ins.anely fast
Notification light is nice
And the quick flashlight when screen is lock by holding the home button .

Don't let me bore you guys . That's all for now .

Special Thanks to Stormyweather for making this possible @jboixxx always here to answer my questions
Fibonacci2526, Grandmufti, Gptech wheezyoung (your kicks arrival gave me the ginger to visit the post office that morning and every other person on this group .God bless you all, I am finally a XIAOMIST grin

nice review, im xpectin kate too. My mind don strong say i make good purchase based on ur review

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nochious123:

I c u too boss, ows u,@oga gptech sorry 4 ur loss o e pain me say Dem go sell am troway bt i pray mke u c am sha... House pls i saw some clean unlocked iphone 6 @ good offers o..nd from stores with good review how una see d thing...e sure abi d reviews and feedbck mke o
Thanks boss, be careful with cheap iphones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hopy68(m): 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
Dis is my order info waiting patiently mk dem ship am

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
ubev01:

nice review, im xpectin kate too. My mind don strong say i make good purchase based on ur review
The note 3 pro is a beast, could easily be converted to a flagship. It is the loudest Xiaomi I have heard through headphones.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Gptech:

The note 3 pro is a beast, could easily be converted to a flagship. It is the loudest Xiaomi I have heard through headphones.

How far boss. You must be enjoying the 2g on Ur java phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
princetom1:

How far boss. You must be enjoying the 2g on Ur java phone
Hehehe,my phone na king of java ooo, I dey multitask sef, just like symbian. Also 3.5G is supported, na only typing dey hard.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
noobody:

Note 4x ia chinses version and note 4 snapdragon is global version,sealed box,with more network(4G) lte bands,
But the note 4x is the most interesting of all sha,prolly cos of the name!!
U r gradually making me lose interest in note 4x but you will not succeed, xrn4x all the way
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
ubev01:

hehe. You will enjoy it bro .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
Gptech:

Don't you experience crashes sometimes,especially when you go deep into settings?
so far, No sir
If/when I do, I will report back .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
OmichaelO:
so far, No sir If/when I do, I will report back .
Alright boss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
IKON360:
U r gradually making me lose interest in note 4x
U better nr lose interest, so long u are in 9ja, both phones na dsame.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nochious123(m): 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
Gptech:

U better nr lose interest, so long u are in 9ja, both phones na dsame.

Bro i understand its nt cheap o bt very better than here own, search for unlocked iPhone 6 u will see the first shop na i go try wen am ready sha,RAINBOW is the name of d store

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (9311) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Abbeytoy(m), DestinyToRule(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.