Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. (1346 Views)

My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It / How Can I Know A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchasing It / My Camry Consumes Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 08, 2016
Hello all i am planing on coming to lagos to purchase a tokunbo 09 camry sport se on monday. Preferable v6 engine . Please car gurus in the house i need your urgent advise if there are any hidden issues with this car type.I am a novice in cars and suffered alot on the purcase of my first car honda accord 05.turned out i bought an accidented/savaged run and drive car.So i really dont want to make the same mistake this time. I am going with my mechanic but extra advise would be appreciated immensely. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2016
vidicious:
Hello all i am planing on coming to lagos to purchase a tokunbo 09 camry sport se on monday. Preferable v6 engine . Please car gurus in the house i need your urgent advise if there are any hidden issues with this car type.I am a novice in cars and suffered alot on the purcase of my first car honda accord 05.turned out i bought an accidented/savaged run and drive car.So i really dont want to make the same mistake this time. I am going with my mechanic but extra advise would be appreciated immensely. Thanks in advance.

pay someone who is knowledgeable in vehicle issues to look at the vehicle for you before paying. There's a lot of nasty out there.

Cc: mayor2013 , honmusa

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

pay someone who is knowledgeable in vehicle issues to look at the vehicle for you before paying. There's a lot of nasty out there.

Cc: mayor2013 , honmusa

@GAZZUZZ Thank you for your prompt response and advise.I really appreciate it. i think i have this covered this bit ,by taking my mechanic along with me.in between i am coming for a general search of the vehicle to purchase,(camry 09 se,v6) so no particular vendor at the moment. If you have a trusted car vendor ,i wouldnt mind having his number for inspection.
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 08, 2016
vidicious:

We are exactly in same shoes.
My first ride was Nissan Almera Tino 06 hatch back,
I suffered brain box issues, i spent a lot, it took away my joy until i converted it to cabrator.

Planning of visiting Lagos on Monday next week to buy Highlander or Avalon.
I have made some contacts with some dealers but still need more info on things to look out for
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:18pm On May 08, 2016
vidicious:

@GAZZUZZ Thank you for your prompt response and advise.I really appreciate it. i think i have this covered this bit ,by taking my mechanic along with me .in between i am coming for a general search of the vehicle to purchase,(camry 09 se,v6) so no particular vendor at the moment. If you have a trusted car vendor ,i wouldnt mind having his number for inspection.

your mechanic will leave his work and travel with you to buy a car? I don't have a "trust worthy" vendor I can refer you to at the moment for all have sinned....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 08, 2016
kenonze:

I suffered brain box issues, i spent a lot, it took away my joy until i converted it to cabrator.

I have made some contacts with some dealers but still need more info on things to look out for

@kenonze as in bro not a funny experience at all truly we are in the same shoes but mine a liitle more than yours,i also suffered brain box issues,gear box failing till i restart the vehicle before it picks,car vibrating even when i had changed all sittings twice,a.c shortage omo i almost pack go village .lol . yes exactly may be i you culd inbox me the dealers you have also. someone advised me to rule out the accidented car issue by running a check on the car vin number before purchase.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by nurey(m): 5:18pm On May 08, 2016
The camry has no know issues much, it's an OK ride.
If you have found a dealer online ask him to send the Vin to you, so you do a Vin check before coming to view the car.

If you haven't found a dealer, no problem just go to a dealer stand, physically inspect the car and ask questions on irregularities I. E why is this side dull or shinning than the rest of the body, why is the class different from others, the truth of the matter is cars shipped tend to experience mishap on ships and minor dents and bruises which the seller would cover up. If you are OK with the explanation and the car seems to be in top notch shape, the next is component test.

1. Engine compartment to check for weak seals which will leak fluids whether engine oil, power steering this are the major ones accidented cars leak.

2. Check for rust under and around the body

3. Start the car and check the fans make sure it doesn't start blowing when cold, it should only start spinning when engine has reached optimum temperature, check AC system if cold and exhaust if it isn't smoking.

4. Very important the best way to test the state of a car is a test drive, at least you should 120km/h,that way the gear would have reached its maximum gear ratio, if car doesn't jerk, vibrate, misbehave or hear uneven sound, then the gear and engine are OK, try to drive at least 50km.

5.If you are satisfied with the cars performance then write the Vin and do a Vin check before payment. Don't forget to scrutinize the custom papers as well for authenticity

Others can chip in too.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 08, 2016
nurey:
The camry has no know issues much, it's an OK ride.
If you have found a dealer online ask him to send the Vin to you, so you do a Vin check before coming to view the car.

If you haven't found a dealer, no problem just go to a dealer stand, physically inspect the car and ask questions on irregularities I. E why is this side dull or shinning than the rest of the body, why is the class different from others, the truth of the matter is cars shipped tend to experience mishap on ships and minor dents and bruises which the seller would cover up. If you are OK with the explanation and the car seems to be in top notch shape, the next is component test.

1. Engine compartment to check for weak seals which will leak fluids whether engine oil, power steering this are the major ones accidented cars leak.

2. Check for rust under and around the body

3. Start the car and check the fans make sure it doesn't start blowing when cold, it should only start spinning when engine has reached optimum temperature, check AC system if cold and exhaust if it isn't smoking.

4. Very important the best way to test the state of a car is a test drive, at least you should 120km/h,that way the gear would have reached its maximum gear ratio, if car doesn't jerk, vibrate, misbehave or hear uneven sound, then the gear and engine are OK, try to drive at least 50km.

5.If you are satisfied with the cars performance then write the Vin and do a Vin check before payment. Don't forget to scrutinize the custom papers as well for authenticity

Others can chip in too.

@nurey.wow thanks a lot for the advise i would surely be taking note of this points. I really appreciate it.
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by ifnyioj22(m): 3:10am On May 09, 2016
Pls wen a gear or engine vibrates at 120 what dos dat mean?
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by nurey(m): 8:23am On May 09, 2016
ifnyioj22:
Pls wen a gear or engine vibrates at 120 what dos dat mean?

No matter what speed you are doing, I have never seen/feel an automatic transmission handle vibrate, it's only manual handle that I know vibrates at high speeds.

Now for your question the word vibration as used by you isn't good enough. As a vehicle moves, vibration is transferred to all parts of the body, but depending on how a car was put together vibration level will be different.

Vibration of engine could be engine seats or weak engine.
To notice if it is engine seat, the rpm will not be affected during vibration

To know if it's loss of power/weak engine, caused by switching on ac or using car electrical, the rpm will be erratic and may stall the car.

But you still need an expert to test drive and give you a sincere verdict.
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 09, 2016
gotten it with the help of my mechanic and i.hope it serves me well without major issues

Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by aluta2: 8:16pm On May 09, 2016
i hope you confirmed the custom duty..........
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by diportivo: 9:23pm On May 09, 2016
vidicious:
gotten it with the help of my mechanic and i.hope it serves me well without major issues

Amen o

Nice ride bro

We suppose wash am o
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by nurey(m): 9:50pm On May 09, 2016
vidicious:

Bro, you be miser oooo, see as you just manage snap picture give us. Let's see the inside and the bad ass dope exhaust. Also a lovely engine pix would really have us drooling for more.
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by Nobody: 2:26am On May 10, 2016
vidicious congrats on your new ride. Pls go and park it in your friends house for some weeks cos we don't want to hear that one dealer came to collect his car back and a tracker for your car is needed ASAP cos word on d street is that boys ain't smiling at all.
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by Nobody: 7:13am On May 10, 2016
kenonze:

you didn't indicate the year model. You've picked one already?
Re: Please I Need Advice On Things To Look Out For Before Purchasing My Camry 09 Se. by Nobody: 11:16am On May 10, 2016
Congrat to youu @ OP, Securing your vehicle and monitoring family or small fleet drivers is easy with our car tracker and Free tracking application. Take full control of your vehicles from the privacy of your mobile phone, tablets or PC - anywhere, anyday, anytime

• Track your car on any phone with simple SMS
• Track your car on any internet enable phone (optional)
• Free smartphone & tablet tracking software
• Automatic notification in case of theft
• Ignition and engine shutdown via SMS. Stay in control in case of theft
• Vehicle recovery feature in mobile app if stolen
• Prevent unauthorized trips from drivers
• Monitor excessive speed by your driver, children etc
• Fuel log: Monitor fuel, prevent fuel theft and control costs
• Monitor drivers conversation in your car
• Understand locations instantly without zooming in/out
• Add up to 1,000 own locations (office, home, client Church, Restaurant, joints etc..)
• Multi-lingual with selectable primary language (English, French, Arabic etc…)
• Accelerometer for towing alarms, secure parked and unguarded vehicles.
• Monitor your car anywhere in the Nigeria

***Our Quality never goes out of service***

Free Installations and Technical support
Office and Home Installation available
Call / WhatsApp 08144758217 . also join us on social media www.facebook.com/vehicletracker9ja

(1) (Reply)

See This Crazy Car Fight: Benz ML Vs Benz G63 AMG (video) / See How Luxurious The 2019 Aurus Senat Sedan Is With This Walkaround Video / Innosion Motor Bus Was Seen In Ilorin Today With Kwara Plate Number,(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.